Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? (1552 Views)

This Is What Men Suffer / What Is The Most Annoying Punishment A Man Thinks He Can Give His Wife? / 11 Female Struggles Girls Go Through That Men Will Never Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by DarkRebel69: 10:01am On Jun 30, 2017
This was posted originally on Quora by a retired History professor, Jack Butler. I thought it thought-provoking and interesting, so I elected to post it here.
How much of it resonates with you? How much of it rings true?

Jack Butler:

“Sexism against women that benefits men? Clear case of misogyny. Sexism against men that benefits women. Clear case of “benevolent sexism”, which is also a type of misogyny. In other words, sexism against men doesn’t really exist.

When a woman files for divorce, people wonder what underhanded thing he’s doing to piss her off enough to divorce him. When a man files for divorce, people wonder what underhanded thing he’s doing that would require him dumping his wife.

A woman choosing to stay at home, keep a household, and care for her kids is making an important life-affirming choice to be a mother — and don’t you dare say she doesn’t have a real job! A man choosing to stay at home, keep a household, and care for his kids is a bum who needs to get his ass off he couch and get a real job.

The very small percentage of feminists who are true haters of men aren't real feminists and thus should never be taken as representatives of the entire real feminist movement. The very small percentage of men’s rights activists who are true haters of women are real men’s activists and are representative of the entire men’s rights movement.

Woman posts an unpopular yet true opinion of men and men’s rights here on Quora that does not denigrate anyone but edges on the controversial, she’s fine. Man posts an unpopular yet true opinion of women and feminism here on Quora that does not denigrate anyone but edges on the controversial, his post is collapsed for BNBR because its “hate speech” and he gets threatened with a ban.

Woman slaps, kicks, and hits a man in public, and very few in the surrounding area seem concerned — some even cheer her on. Man hits her in self-defense after being continually slapped, kicked, and hit and suddenly the crowd arises to defend her from this abusive monster.

A man noting the beautiful symmetry of Angelina Jolie’s face in a polite and classy way is nevertheless objectifying her and thus is an obvious sexist monster and should apologize to all womankind for his crime. A woman saying that she’d Bleep Brad Pitt until he was unconscious because my God does he maker her woman parts gush like Old Faithful is just expressing her sexuality in a healthy and fun way, so why are you trying to oppress her?

Breast cancer is at epidemic levels among women, who are dying of it in droves: let’s throw billions of dollars into research into new treatments and a search for a cure. Testicular cancer reaches the same epidemic level as breast cancer. Sorry so many of you are dying, but we have to save the research money for breast cancer. Maybe next time.

“Girls Are Stupid. Throw Rocks At Them.” is a statement of clear misogyny that should never be tolerated. “Boys Are Stupid Throw Rocks At Them” is a best-selling t-shirt that you can buy from Amazon for around twenty bucks.

And then there’s the worst of the worst.

Woman raped by a man? She’s a victim. Let’s circle around her in support and defense to make sure she’s not re-victimized by the uncaring system who will try to turn things back on her unfairly. We need to protect her from unjust questioning, and just assume everything she is saying is truthful. And when her rapist is found, we can always just lynch him instead of wasting time on a trial, because everyone knows all men are rapists at heart.

Man raped by a woman? You’re under arrest for indecent exposure because we found you lying half-naked and injured in the bottom of a public elevator. How did you break your arm, sir? What do you mean you were attacked? How were you attacked. Wait, is that even possible? You’re telling me you were raped by a girl? A big strong guy like you? You weren’t really raped are you?

Wait, are you really telling me you actually refused to have sex with a woman who was just trying to give it to you? You gay or something? What kind of man are you to turn down sex?
You must be the first man in the history of the Earth to turn down free sex. What kind of a weakling are you to let her overpower you?
Wait, I don’t understand. If you were scared, how did your did get hard? How does that work?
How could you cum if you were out if it like that? It makes no sense. I think you’re lying. You’re bigger than she is, so its impossible.
Wait, so there’s actual evidence? I still don’t get how it works. Are you sure you didn’t let her know you wanted to have sex with her? While we have forensic evidence its basically going to be your word against hers, and no one’s going to believe you because you’re six feet tall and she’s only five-four.
No we didn’t bother to arrest her and we’re not charging her either because pursuing this is a waste of time because more important crimes to take care of. It's not like you were really hurt by being raped, after all. It's not like you were a real victim. Sir, you need to understand that 911 is to be used for actual emergencies, and not just because you got scared the woman you say raped you showed up at your door and wouldn’t stop knocking and yelling at you through it for an hour. Then I suggest you buy some locks, or maybe a dog. No, I’m sorry, I understand we’re a rape crisis hotline, but we can’t help you because you’re a man.
No, this shelter will not help you because you’re a man. No, no one will help you because you’re a man. My fellow male rape victims, I have a great idea, how about we start our own shelter? Well that’s an amazing idea, but its not going to work because the local feminist group, with the help of the National Organization for Women, has decided that we’re just a pack of misogynistic assholes that need to be stopped, so they have successfully lobbied the state government to not grant us the matching funds we so desperately need to open the shelter, which means the shelter won’t open at all. But hey, at least the feminists acknowledge we exist now.

That last one I think is my most favourite double-standard of all.”

So, true or false?

1 Like

Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by lionlamb020(m): 11:13am On Jun 30, 2017
100% true angry
Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by YourCoffin: 11:16am On Jun 30, 2017
I'm not American. so e no concern me. Next time they won't exchange their right to a pursuit of happiness for exclusive right to a meaty pussy
Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by DarkRebel69: 11:27am On Jun 30, 2017
YourCoffin:
I'm not American. so e no concern me. Next time they won't exchange their right to a pursuit of happiness for exclusive right to a meaty pussy

Are the points listed above America-centric, or are they peculiar to only American men? And what's the “meaty pussy” ramble all about?

Think before you talk/type. And learn to speak/comment only when you have something of note to say, and not because you must say something.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by YourCoffin: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Are the points listed above America-centric, or are they peculiar to only American men? And what's the “meaty pussy” ramble all about?

Think before you talk/type. And learn to speak/comment only when you have something of note to say, and not because you must say something.

Interpretation is only a matter of perspective hence it's logical to also say that you should learn to post when you have something of note to post and not because you must post something.

Anyway, I don't want to say that. I just feel it would be unfair of me to do that.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
This is an obvious, disgusting fact that irritates any right-thinking man and gives him etiolating quivers at the same time. The feminist movement, to a great extent, has morphed into something sinister and despicable and many more are joining this calamitious wave as the days pass, propagating it with their might and thereby accelerating its speed.

At the incipience, they claimed to have wanted equality, equality and nothing more. But what do we have now? A bunch of black-blooded MISANDRIST b!tches and witches who do not only want the collapse and obliteration of the current patriarchial structure, but explicitly and implicitly advocate its replacement with a men-hating matriarchy. I've been confronted on several occassions in the past with the argument that these set of feminists are the extremist minority, and do not represent feminism in anyway, and indeed I once took it for granted that that was the truth of the matter. But I've come to realise overtime that many of the so-called true feminists are in the same category as these bunch of disasters, the only difference being that their matriarchial advocacy is implicitly promoted and their misandrist tendencies are pretty much subtle.

Although, I support gender equality, female emancipation, and the feminist agenda, as legitimately represented, and also accept the fact that not all feminists are malevolent misandrist creatures, it can't be stressed enough that it isn't credible to consider these men-hating idiots as an "irrelevant extremist minority". They must be taken extremely serious.

If this disastrous wave isn't reigned in and made calm by the winds of reason and rationality, it portends a future societal calamity and it would be too late by then to reverse the damage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
Below are quotations by leading "feminists":

"I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." -- Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor

"To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he's a machine, a walking Love Machine." -- Valerie Solanas

"In a patriarchial society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent." -- Catherine MacKinnon

"The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race." -- Sally Miller Gearhart

"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from experience." -- Catherine Comins

"Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release." -- Germaine Greer
Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by DarkRebel69: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
YourCoffin:

Interpretation is only a matter of perspective hence it's logical to also say that you should learn to post when you have something of note to post and not because you must post something.

Anyway, I don't want to say that. I just feel it would be unfair of me to do that.

It wouldn't be logical to say so, because thus far you've not singled out a thing which was outright nonsense in the entire post. Perhaps one or two of the points were not without a controversial edge, still they undoubtedly carried some measure of verisimilitude.

Hey, you commented on the thread and did not ignore it, did you? Unless what you're saying is “useless” posts are capable of snagging away your attention, then it's safe to conclude that the original post was not entirely meaningless, innit? tongue
Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by Deicide: 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
wow
Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by slimmax: 7:56am On Oct 04, 2017
Men don suffer, wetin man eye no go see
Re: Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? by mamadsquare: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2017
This is deep!

(1) (Reply)

The Essential Items To Pack In A Hospital Bag For Delivery In Nigerian Hospitals / Married Men / Beautiful Memes About Introverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.