Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures (1464 Views)

I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / ‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ / My Brother Is Too Lazy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2018
How God healed my younger brother of schschizophrenia -Mental illness. (Long read).

Hi everyone, I want to share with us how my brother got healed of Schizophrenia.
I remember coming here to seek for help some time ago when I was really overwhelmed and at the brink of giving up.
The same way I came here to complain, I want to also come here to give God the gratitude for coming tru for my brother and to let someone out there know that God works.

Some time in 2015, I was at work one of those days, at this time, my kid brother was working on late dad's death certificate and all the supporting documents.
We had just buried my dad and being the next of kin, He had to run around the post burial process while I returned back to work.
He was supposed to join me later.
Then I got a text message, " Your brother Emma is now mad".

That message was the beginning of a hell of a journey.

I sent for him to be sent to me at my then base from Akwaibom.
When I saw my brother, he looked like a shadow of himself.
My brother was looking like a bag of bones.
Eyes deep in the socket, I could count his ribs and all.
Then he kept saying " They want to kill me, after all my hardwork, they don't want to give me my right".
He would not sleep at night, he will pace the house round and round, he will carry his back pack bag once it's dawn, wear a shirt, boxers and bathroom slippers and say he is going out. He will roam the whole neighbourhood, come back at night.

Emma is a very hardworking guy, after JAMB, he learnt how to screed and paint while waiting for his results just so he won't be idle.
When his first JAMB didn't favour him, he went to work with construction firms and was supporting the house financially.
So even in the mental state, Emma will never stay at home once it's day break.

About 3weeks after he joined me, I got transferred to Lagos at my office so I moved with Emma.
Being the eldest of 3 of us from Mum, I was responsible for him plus we have not had help coming from relatives in the past, so I Didn't think It was necessary to involve them.

Back in Lagos, The illness was beginning to get worse, I had increased my prayer intensity more than before.
Sometimes, my brother will go out, always with his backpack, will come back with loads of Nylons, papers and all, then he will show me pictures from the papers and say stuffs like " they are looking for me in UBA, I am now famous, UBA wants to employ me".
I'd cry , I'd pray, go to work and all.
I applied for my leave so I'd be able to find help for Emmanuel.

One of my uncles got to find out about Emma's condition and called me and of course was lambasting me and all, then he told me to send Emma to him in PH. That he will take care of Emma, that I don't know how to take care of Emma, that in 6 months, I'd see the difference and blah.
I was so happy to get a helping hand after a few months. To cut this part short, 2weeks after, he sent Emmanuel back to me and said, he couldn't continue, that he was my cross and I shud carry it. Of course while Emma was with him, I was sending money for his upkeep and medicals cus this uncle is not financially buoyant.

As the months passed by, Emmanuel was getting worse, it seemed like his nerves were failing cus of the many walkabouts, restlessness and all.
So he was becoming slow.

We got into a phase were he was like on pause mode. He will stand or sit or stay on a spot for over 7hrs no moving.
I may leave him to work in front of the mirror and come back to meet him there, his food untouched. If I touch him, will just fall like a lifeless stick.
Then I'd just quickly boil water, massage himwith balms, feed him and let him sleep.
He had also began to wee on himself.

It was time to seek Medical help.
I had saved up a little money as I earlier heard that psychiatric hospitals were expensive.

Now Emma had gotten to a stage where he will fall into unconsciousness for a whole day. I'd just give him salt and sprite solution just to keep some sugar in his system while in that state.
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2018
I took him to Yaba psychiatric Hospital at this point and he was admitted at the Emergency ward. A patient can stay 3 days here for the Doctors to Examine them and advice
further action.
Through out the 3days, Emma was on drip and unconscious. Then the DoDocts on the 3rd day said they couldn't give him fill admission unless I got an MRI report.
At this point, I was over spent. 3 days in the emergency ward cost 50k, and we were there at the emergency ward 2wice. Excluding other expenses. I was literally begging for him to be admitted on full time basis where I would spend 50k monthly for his accommodation there. I didn't mind , I just wanted my brother to be fine.
Of course the Doctors said they couldn't continue unless I got an MRI.
Being over spent at the point, I couldn't afford the MRI so the other option was to take him home and bring him from home. We were given some drugs.
Being on the drugs, he became violent.

The drugs were able to keep him conscience and a little mentally stable but wasn't for long.
In times when he would be himself, he would tell me to stop giving him those drugs that they were altering his thoughts and all.
Confused as I was, I continued, I would even hide it in drinks. As long as they will keep him conscious.

One day, I brought the drugs to him, in drink. With his food, he tasted and and discovered.
The next thing, was a slap, then another, then another, he attacked me like he never had done in his entire life. The point he picked a power bank to hit my head, I ran out of the house.
From my neighbours house, I could hear sounds of breaking and scattering. He was tearing the room apart.
That was the last time I ever gave him those drugs again(July last year).

He was fine for a few days, then he began to relapse and became worse off.
He will wee, take odd positions for long and all the odd stuff.

The stress Being there for him was beginning to tell on me. I'd have to bath him, cloth him. Feed him before and after work.
My job was a Monday to Saturday job and it got to a point
I had to choose btwn him and work and so I tendered my resignation.
I was going to keep up with a little side business that will give me more time.

Of course things were becoming gradually tougher.

I got into a big trouble in the course of my side business, I had just been duped of a clients money plus a lot of other complications that followed. Was reported to the police, got arrested and couldn't get anyone to bail me so I went from court to prison (Awaiting trial) and I spent 8months.
While I was in prison, I met a couple of Mad people, one of them exhibited the kind of traits my brother exhibited.
At this time, I was so worried about him and how he will survive and all. I would pray, think about him and my heart will skip.
One day, the Holy spirit said to me, help these mad people here and ur brother at home will find help.
There was this particular girl that I became close to.
She was mentally ill, exhibited all sort of odd behaviours and worse off, eats poo. I took particular interest in her cus she reminded me of my brother at home. I would supervise the cloths she would wear, she will tell me sometimes that she was seeing people and they were talking to her and telling her to do odd things like hit her head on the wall over and over.
One day, I held her hand, prayed for her, got her born again( She was a Muslim), got her to start going to church and also to read Psalm 91 every night before she sleeps.

A few weeks after that experience with this girl, my case was called off and I was released from prison.
I was so scared to go home because feed backs I got said my brother was angry and would most times chase away people I sent to check on him. Now , for over 5months, my brother slipped into a state where his speech was affected and he stopped talking.
He never said a word for over 5months(that's before prison).
But when I got home, I met my brother in a different state.
He greeted me, welcomed me and was cleaning the house when I got home that morning.
He spoke to me and I almost fainted.
At this point, he had been informed about my predicament and so he was talking to me like how did it go and all.
I was literally shaking.

Then my friends began to tell me how the Pastor of the Estate branch of my church took him for a deliverance programme in my church and one of the ministering Pastors discerned his case, called him out and prayed for him. My brother got baptised in that program and that was how it all ended. My brother became completely whole I was told he even testified.
Now he says he wants to go back to school, he needs new cloths and shoes.
Like he communicates well.

The same way I came here to post about it, seeking help, I have come here to encourage someone that there is nothing God cannot do.
I remember some people said I should leave him to roam, others said I should leave him and run away and continue my life.
One of the things I told my self was, I will never leave him and run away, I know the sacrifices my brother made for me. I love him so much.
There are times I felt like drinking sniper cus it felt like all was too much, I would just think about my brother and that was about the only thing that stopped me from ending my life.

I'm so grateful to God.
When I became weak, couldn't find words to pray again, God was my strength.
He gave me wonderful people, both in and out of prison that encouraged me.
I've been trying to get back on my feet again.
I lost a lot during my time in prison, Our rent is over 4 Months due, I am like down to nothing, I don't know what 25th December will look like for us but in all, I am so thankful. My greatest joy is that is that Emmanuel made it through and is well.
Only Jesus could have done this.
I'd post a few pictures for proof.
I currently don't have Recent pictures of Emmanuel but the one I posted with two of us in it is what he looks like now. The picture is from before the illness took a toll and left him like ribs and bones.

(Let me also add that a few weeks after I left prison, I meet back to visit, I asked for the mad girl and feedback I got was that she was no longer eating poo, she had improved greatly and no longer exhibits odd behaviours. And a month ago, she was released from prison.)

Cc Dominique sissy3 Royalroy please front page. Let someone be encouraged

Loannes Mrstheo benita27 ameenahz thank you guys for your kind words when I earlier posted about the issue last year

Cc:
lalasticlala
ishilove

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2018
Pictures

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by oyekanwahab(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2018
One should have faith in GOD always

2 Likes

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by LuciferGospel: 10:17am On Dec 18, 2018
TiredOfFighting:

I got into a big trouble in the course of my side business, I had just been duped of a clients money plus a lot of other complications that followed. Was reported to the police, got arrested and couldn't get anyone to bail me so I went from court to prison (Awaiting trial) and I spent 8months.
While I was in prison, I met a couple of Mad people, one of them exhibited the kind of traits my brother exhibited.

(Let me also add that a few weeks after I left prison, I meet back to visit, I asked for the mad girl and feedback I got was that she was no longer eating poo, she had improved greatly and no longer exhibits odd behaviours. And a month ago, she was released from prison.)

So you're an ex-convict?

*spits angry

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by dayleke: 10:25am On Dec 18, 2018
May baba God continue to be with both of you.
Education and awareness about mental illness really matter in this our country o.
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2018
LuciferGospel:

So you're an ex-convict?

*spits angry

You are Ignorant.
An ex-convict is someone who served a sentence after being judged.
I was on awaiting trial.

As for your moniker, it says a lot.
I pray God heals u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2018
dayleke:
May baba God continue to be with both of you.
Education and awareness about mental illness really matter in this our country o.

Thanks a million

2 Likes

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by momokiddies: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
only God could have done this. congratulations! may the Lord lift you up again even higher.
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
momokiddies:
only God could have done this. congratulations! may the Lord lift you up again even higher.

Amen. Thanks a lot
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Tinosa: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Very inspiring message. U are a good person to have stuck to ur brother and helped him thru it all, i almost shed tears when i read how u took care of him, bathing him n all. God will bless u and u will definitely rise up again even better off than u were before, God will put a smile on ur face soon and all d months u stayed doing nothing will not matter anymore. May God bless and prosper u may u always meet ppl that will impact ur life positively. And I pray for your brother that even as Almighty God has healed him, he will also grant him he's hearts desire nothing will ever put him in that situation ever again. He should pursue he's dreams. He will get there. God bless u both. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Mizwisdom(f): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
Glory be to God! Anything concerning property and land is a dangerous something
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
Tinosa:
Very inspiring message. U are a good person to have stuck to ur brother and helped him thru it all, i almost shed tears when i read how u took care of him, bathing him n all. God will bless u and u will definitely rise up again even better off than u were before, God will put a smile on ur face soon and all d months u stayed doing nothing will not matter anymore. May God bless and prosper u may u always meet ppl that will impact ur life positively. And I pray for your brother that even as Almighty God has healed him, he will also grant him he's hearts desire nothing will ever put him in that situation ever again. He should pursue he's dreams. He will get there. God bless u both. Amen.

Amen!.
Tnk you
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by AnonymousBee: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
I really thank God for your life and brother's

2 Likes

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by helinues: 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Wow

I just took my time to read the one you posted 2017 and coincidentally i found this testimony

Glory be to God

1 Like

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by faithfull18(f): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Wow, to God be the glory! Nobody takes care of family like family.

1 Like

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by frostylook: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
I bless God for you and your brother. May this testimony remain permanent in your lives and may God open new doors for you. Amen
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Joislim(f): 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thank God for you and your brother, I pray his deliverance remain permanent in Jesus name.
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by djon78(m): 10:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
What an awesome,encouraging and uplifting testimony. May God be praised!!!!
He is a miracle working God.

The Lord will see both of you through. He who started this work will complete it.
Remain Blessed!!!
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thank you everyone.
Thanks for your prayers
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by LotusFan: 6:33am On Dec 19, 2018
What a touching story. Well done! Your love for your brother is inspirational.

1 Like

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Pearl05(f): 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
The affliction will not rise again, Emmanuel's healing is permanent and the Lord will restore unto him the years that he lost with speed.

God bless you for not giving up on him.

1 Like

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Esthered: 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
Wow. What a great God you serve dear, He'll restore all that you and Emmanuel have lost in these trying times. I really admire your steadfastness in God admist all. God bless you OP.

1 Like

Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by nnamdiosu(m): 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2019
TiredOfFighting:

Amen. Thanks a lot

Sent u a pm.
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by UmmuFareed: 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
God neither sleeps nor slumbers. May your testimony on your brother's healing be permanent and those of you looking up to God for one thing or the other, hold fast to the rope of faith and never give up hope, your testimony too is around the corner.
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
nnamdiosu:

Sent u a pm.

Ok..
Seen and replied
Re: How God Healed My Brother Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Oyindidi(f): 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
LuciferGospel:

So you're an ex-convict?

*spits angry
Be nice

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This / Please Help Us / Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.