Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] (12221 Views)

Poll: Who will Come out as Third Place Winners?

Nigeria: 27% (39 votes)
Algeria: 18% (26 votes)
Wetin Concern Me?: 53% (75 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 / Nigeria Vs Algeria: CAF U23 Championship ( 0 - 0) On 5th December 2015 / Ivory Coast Vs Algeria: AFCON 2015 (3 - 1) ON 1st February 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Gekko(m): 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2010
Mikel is poison to Super Eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by blacksta(m): 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2010
Omolulu:

As Usual, We don carry our property again!

That one na curse property
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by tonjoan: 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
naliakar:

I want to know what brand of gum Amodu chews. It must be empowering. Just see how stylish SE are.

e be like say na bitter kola gum smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by jumobi1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
Nsofor scored
WHy did Odemwingie say we are satisfied with bronze?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by ayusman16(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
ayettymama:

abeg pls pls who scored the goal??

Rashidi Yekini grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by blacksta(m): 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2010
Gekko:

We need someone who get attack for mind rather than pass the ball to the keeper.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Jaylone(m): 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2010
They tried (a little, ) grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by tonjoan: 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2010
Gekko:

Supported
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by princekevo(m): 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2010
This time i think CAF should write the name NIGERIA on the bronze Cup. It has become our inheritance.
OMG!!! Kanu still reminded of those old days today, but man pikin dun old. We really need a coach who can enter into Nigerian football market to fish out another Kanu and JJ, if not we wont increase our scoring chances.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by OvieE: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2010
don't u guys tired of third place? OK, i got it, third place for third world country. That's is equal. Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by ezan(m): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2010
When I see someone else wearing the #10 jersey then I'll know the super eagles are back.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by OvieE: 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2010
princekevo:

This time i think CAF should write the name NIGERIA on the bronze Cup. It has become our inheritance.
OMG!!! Kanu still reminded of those old days today, but man pikin dun old. We really need a coach who can enter into Nigerian football market to fish out another Kanu and JJ, if not we wont increase our scoring chances.

That is a funny word.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by chidyke77(m): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2010
Kanu is still d one we need in that midfield bcoz when he was substituted our attack upfront dropped. Mikel is never the kind of midfielder we need for worldcup and nw i observed why we hv bn playing badly all along.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by tonjoan: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2010
ayusman16:

Rashidi Yekini grin

Rabiu Ibrahim, Lukman Haruna, Azzeez and a few others are way better replacements for Mikel. If only we have a coach who isnt interested in playing names.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Meldrick(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2010
Gekko:

Will you shut up that your dirty mouth. You stupid Man U fan. Is Mikel the only player in Super Eagles?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by annyplenty(m): 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2010
Nigeria has won a golden BRONZE. now Nigeria have won CAF bronze for keeps. CAF will plate our bronze with gold.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by tonjoan: 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2010
blacksta:

We need someone who get attack for mind rather than pass the ball to the keeper.

Rabiu Ibrahim, Lukman Haruna, Azzeez and a few others are way better replacements for Mikel. If only we have a coach who isnt interested in playing names.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by ezan(m): 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
Kanu played well, he should've started in all our games and played just the 1st half. Hmmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by ayettymama(f): 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
tonjoan:

God please give this Mikel a long injury spell

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Jaylone(m): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2010
jumobi1:

Nsofor scored
WHy did Odemwingie say we are satisfied with bronze?

It is GOLD for him. e no easy now

Seven BRONZE + four SILVER = GOLD
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by tonjoan: 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2010
Meldrick:

Will you shut up that your dirty mouth. You silly Man U fan. Is Mikel the only player in Super Eagles?

I think we shouldnt sacrifice good ball play on the alter of the clubside we support. I have a soft spot for Chelsea which I dont give to any other clubside not even Barcelona that gives me the kind of rythm i like to see on the pitch,yet i know that Mikel is no goo news to our football. Yes we have an average team but look at them all critically you'll see they are trying to hold thier departments however poorly but Mikel just doesnt separate his central/creative midfield role for the SE from his DM role for chelsea. This is not about giving a dog a bad name inorder to hang it, but Mikel and Aiyegbeni are not it for the SE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Mannylex(m): 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2010
hehe. This is the first time Nigeria has played, and i've seen such low replies on Nairaland, guys dey vex oh!, , , .
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by eyoniggar(m): 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2010
we would not have won this match if calamity mikel
started the game fromn the beginning.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by tonjoan: 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2010
ayettymama:

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I don change dat praya 2 make him no get injury but make him juju no work 4 coaches eyes again. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 30, 2010
Jaylone:

Seven BRONZE + four SILVER = GOLD
Thats funny!!!  grin

eyoniggar:

we would not have won this match if calamity mikel
started the game fromn the beginning.

its sad 2 say, but i agree with you, once he came out, algeria would have scored undecided

Even though Kanu don old finish, he still had pretty solid passes to obafemi and nsofor  grin
UP KANU!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by chidyke77(m): 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2010
All d players were outstanding in ths match bf d substitution and am most impressed wt Kanu,Shittu and Apam. Others did well too and they gave all their best including Nsofor wt hs excellent run past d defenders to score d winning goal. Super eagle needs strikers dat has pace and dat reminds me, had it bn Yakubu dat got dat ball? your guess wld be as right as mine.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by greateliso(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2010
Super Eagle won
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by chelseabmw(m): 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2010
naija wins
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by tonjoan: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2010
chidyke77:

All d players were outstanding in ths match bf d substitution and am most impressed wt Kanu,Shittu and Apam. Others did well too and they gave all their best including Nsofor wt hs excellent run past d defenders to score d winning goal. Super eagle needs strikers dat has pace and dat reminds me, had it bn Yakubu dat got dat ball? your guess wld be as right as mine.

Very precise commentary. I'd only add that Odiah showed that Yusuf is not in his class
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2010
chelseabmw:

naija wins
greateliso:

Super Eagle won

UP SUPER EAGLES, IF THEY PLAY AGAINST ARGENTINA, GREECE, S. KOREA THE WAY THEY PLAYED ALGERIA, they will surely win them!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by chidyke77(m): 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2010
@tonjoan
Exactly,Odia showed more experience.
Amodu wl be saying HAD I KNOW i wld hv used ths selection at least i wl get to d final bt its too late for hm.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by henry101(m): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2010
Apam and Shittu remains the best pair for now.

As long as there is no replacement for Kanu, Expect him @ the world cup, which would be his last for the national side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Breaking Jose Mourinho “appointed” As Super Eagles Head Coach / London 2012: 7 Cameroonian Athletes Abscond / Santi Cazorla Rejoins Villareal After Quitting Arsenal This Summer