Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] (12218 Views)

Poll: Who will Come out as Third Place Winners?

Nigeria: 27% (39 votes)
Algeria: 18% (26 votes)
Wetin Concern Me?: 53% (75 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 / Nigeria Vs Algeria: CAF U23 Championship ( 0 - 0) On 5th December 2015 / Ivory Coast Vs Algeria: AFCON 2015 (3 - 1) ON 1st February 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Enukpelebe: 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2010
Odiah really showed he is not in the class of yusuf,far better than yusuf,the spirit of Nsofor is good for a striking position and if any new coach coming in should mentor Nsofor More always refering him to his spirit in this game,Mikel should not be used full time,he need be substituted in whenever we know we already won the match,Kanu spirit Never dies and to other players U played well
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by fortunejum: 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2010
football ko, football ni  The money they are spending on football  that is yeilding no profit is enough for them to invest in an important project that will be useful to the masses.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by efeboy(m): 8:03pm On Jan 30, 2010
My God, Nigerians - we ourselves are our problems.

First of all let me use this medium to say something all those who are still saying that amodu should be sacked:

They should also be ready to recieve sack letters if they make mistakes or any mistake at their place of work or appointment.

They should'nt complain if others call for their sack just because of what how other people feel about them or because they fail to reach just a few

of their targets.

They should be prepared to be sacked at will.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by chidyke77(m): 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2010
Amodu doesn't knw d job well and he needs to be axed or beta support hm wt Siasia.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Mudley313: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2010
My God, Nigerians - we ourselves are our problems.

First of all let me use this medium to say something all those who are still saying that amodu should be sacked:

They should also be ready to recieve sack letters if they make mistakes or any mistake at their place of work or appointment.

They should'nt complain if others call for their sack just because of what how other people feel about them or because they fail to reach just a few

of their targets.

They should be prepared to be sacked at will.

nor mind nigerians jor, i hope the mistakes of 2002 are not repeated dis time around, there's much room for improvement b4 d WC
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by naso2(m): 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2010
I have always said Kanu is still relevant in that team, people have been shouting me down. Sincerely we still need a player like him in the WC, when we play less combative white defenders, the guy will sure do some good stuff.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by chidyke77(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2010
Wt hs impressive game today am sure Amodu wl be convinced of hs potentials.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Tatase(f): 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2010
Kanu's irrevelevance stems not so much from the fact that he's bad, but from the fact that he's incapable of playing 90 minutes of football a week. So that when you get to a tournament setting such as afcon or wc where games are played in quick succession, he's only fit to play like one half every 3 matches, which you have to admit is ridiculous and fruitless especially when you need players to be really fit in order to cope with the hectic schedule.

@ Amodu supporters:

The reason why I personally want Amodu to be sacked is because I do not feel he has ambition, I feel he doesn't see his mistakes (e.g. Thinking we played well against Zambia) and he doesn't seem to see what everyone else Nigerian and non-Nigerian is seeing about the lack in our team. Additionally, his technical skills appear to be weak and his reading of matches often is very unsound. You say we should all be sacked because haven't we ever made mistakes at our office, and you're right. One mistake is certainly not a sack-able offense, two even, ok, but more than that in succession, where you continue to repeat  your mistakes and don't fix the problem, please in any field you'll get sacked. The man doesn't even think there's a problem, and in my view, that's why he should be sacked. I'm sure he's a nice man and I wish him well with his severance package but please enough is enough!

@ an earlier comment about the dearth of posters on this topic: I think nigerians were tired and had already wasted enough eye energy on disappointment and heartbreak.

Thank God at least we don't go home empty-handed. At some points, this was some of the better football we've played in this competition (although to be quite honest, that is just because our standard dropped so low in Angola, that pretty much anything would have been better than what we've seen so far). Now is the time to recruit and start to build a new team of actual players ready to really play, not all these name brands that come with swagger but can't back it up.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by tonitone1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2010
Africa Cup of Nations TweetsWhat are tweets?
Nigeria post bronze medal: Kanu says probably last Nations Cup match. Amodu: my bosses are pleased with what I'm doing.

source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8489500.stm
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by deor03(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2010
NIGERIA

Enyeama: 6 - Had very little to do throughout but was alert when called upon to deny Yebda's two efforts.

Shittu: 6.5 - Nigeria were well organised all evening repelling anything that came at them with ease. The Premier League player didn't have much to concern himself with in a solid defensive unit.

Odiah: 7 - Had a good game bombing up the flank playing in some quality crosses and linking up well with the influential Kanu.

Taiwo: 7 - Always a danger with his free-kicks which he delivers with venom. Almost opened the scoring with one such effort in the first half in a good performance.

Apam: 6.5 - Solid and dependable.

Uche: 5.5 - Had the ball in the back of the net late in the first half but had strayed offside. Should have scored moments later but decided to pick out a team-mate instead of having a go himself. Needs to be more selfish.

Olofinjana: 6.5 - Along with Kaita they easily won the midfield battle keeping Algerian chances to a minimum.

Sani Kaita: 6.5 - Didn't allow anything to get past him. Then again there wasn't much in that department from the opposition.

Kanu: 8 - If this is his swansong from international football he certainly went out in style. Sprayed the ball around with ease, showing some wonderful touches and almost scored with a chance he created for himself in the first half. Got a great reception when he was withdrawn late on and has given his coach a dilemma for the World Cup.

Nsofor: 7 - Took his goal well when he did something the game lacked in abundance - ran at players. Chanced his arm with some long range shooting and was a livewire when he got the ball. His low point was missing an open goal from five yards but he made amends with his winner a few minutes later.

Obasi: 5 - Didn't seem interested at times when Kanu tried to play him in with some long balls. Taken off late on.

Substitutes

Martins: 6 - Hussled and harried as we've come to expect from him. Went close to scoring after getting on the end of a cross which Zemmamouche fumbled.

Mikel: N/A

Odemwingie: N/A

source :

http://goal.com/en/news/8/main/2010/01/30/1768329/algeria-0-1-nigeria-player-ratings
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by larimo(m): 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2010
i actually didnt want to watch the game after the disappointment in the semis but I just couldnt resist watching the Eagles undecided! I am glad I did watch it because the Eagles played well cheesy.

There is still a lot of rustiness in the team undecided. The players do have something but they aren't fit. Not playing in their clubs regularly has hampered them. However, some have justified their inclusion in the squad:

Mikel: 'the player most Nigerians love to hate' has been very good in this tournament. I play football and I admit that its difficult for someone to switch from a defense midfielder to an attacking one overnight. However, Mikel rose up to the challenge and match after match be showed his quality. He was always present in every attcking move. He now helps the defense too. His attitude to the national team has changed and he is still our brightest star (my opinion)

Echiejile: He showed Taiwo what defenders ought to do - defend. He was brilliant throughout the tourney. He is certainly going to the WC.
Osaze: He has no part 2 in the squad. Patriotic, passionate and agile. He still has a lot to give to the team though he's 28 now. He needs to play with his teammates a lot. WC bound for sure.

Danny Shittu: He made our defense rock-solid. Always there to tidy up the mess created by others. I was upset with his inclusion but he has done a great job. I only hope he steps up his game at Bolton and play more regularly. He should make the WC.

Obasi: He has the skills but lacking in stamina. He should be pushed up front more regularly than being made to play from the midfield. He a great player but I hope injuries stay away from him!

Apam: Like Danny Shittu, he fitted in perfectly. Unfortunate red card, cos he’s absence handed Ghana the final ticket. Nwaneri wouldn’t have played.
Sani Kaita: He fitted in nicely and sure has place in the squad. He’s a good passer and defender but showed he’s rusty.

Nsofor: This guy loves to score. He is focused. He has no time for fancy useless stuff. I think he is lacking technically but he is the kind of player that has 5 chances and would score 1.

Martins, Yakubu, Taiwo did not help our campaign lipsrsealed They were not impressive. Very match rusty. Martins showed some passion but body no gree am. Yakubu, showed nothing. His presence made up play practically with 10 men. Taiwo should move into the midfield. He puts too much pressure on his defence.

Kanu MUST go to the WC. I felt that Amodu should have included him in the Ghana game. He knows how to unlock any defence with his split passes. He showed his stuff against Algeria. He is also match rusty and reaaally frail in his legs but he still has it.

As much as Amodu annoys me, I think he did try in some matches, especially against Mozambique and Algeria. His tactics made Mozambq ineffective and made Algeria look not like the team that tore Cote D’ivoire apart. However, I think he has failed to fully understand his players very well. He doesn’t know how to blend them. He doesn’t read a difficult game and know what changes to apply. Against Ghana, he made blunders. Somehow, I think for leading us to the WC, he should be allowed to stay for just one reason. Any new coach will not have enough time to start all over with this team. Its too short. They are all returning to their clubs. If he stays, he should scout properly and recruit a better assistant coach with technical abilities to compliment him,

We need a new Oliseh in our team; one who can cover the entire midfield like Essien does and compliment Mikel and Kaita.
God bless the Super Eagles!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by honeric01(m): 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2010
Tatase:

@ Amodu supporters:

The reason why I personally want Amodu to be sacked is because I do not feel he has ambition, I feel he doesn't see his mistakes (e.g. Thinking we played well against Zambia) and he doesn't seem to see what everyone else Nigerian and non-Nigerian is seeing about the lack in our team. \

Please show us where Amodu said he thought we played well against Zambia, can you at least do that?

His task (Nff's target) was to get to the Semi final which he did, so what's your problem? let those who hired him fire him.
Just because we don't like his selections does not make anyone insult the man continuously, if he was your dad, would you say things like these to him?

99% of our leaders are under-performing leaders and Amodu is 20 times better than then, why are you people not asking for foreign take over of the country? maybe we need a foreign president too or don't we?

How many times have you made mistakes at your work place? would you like it if some people wants you sacked just because you didn't achieve your target the way they would have loved it achieved but you were still able to achieve your targets in your own way?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Iyineda(m): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2010
Bronze medal: forever Nigeria's birthright.

CAF: "Don't you want to try on the gold medal just this once?";

NFF: "Meh, we're cool with the bronze".

Hate it or love it. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Iyineda(m): 9:57pm On Jan 30, 2010
My ratings of the SE players:

Enyeama - 6.5

Odiah - 6

Apam - 7

Shittu - 7

Taiwo - 6.5

Kaita - 6

Olofinjana - 6.5

Kanu - 7

Obasi - 5.5

K. Uche - 4.5

Nsofor - 6.5
-----------------------
Martins - 5.5

Mikel - N/A (too sluggish)

Osaze - N/A (rather toothless performance)
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Emmyk(m): 10:05pm On Jan 30, 2010
You are quite Right Ezan(sorry ma phone cant quote) "Wen we all see a player wif Jersey #10, obviously,obviously, we know the Super Eagle is back", 'FOR GOOD'. I like that ^^,
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Emmyk(m): 10:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
You are quite Right Ezan(sorry ma phone cant quote) "Wen we all see a player wif Jersey #10, obviously,obviously, we know the Super Eagle is back", 'FOR GOOD'. I like that ^^,
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Emmyk(m): 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by skyone(m): 10:26pm On Jan 30, 2010
MIKEL SHOULD LEARN SOME SKILLS FROM GREAT KANU
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Engrdan(m): 10:44pm On Jan 30, 2010
Oga 9ja4Eva wey tin sef he dey hard 4 u ooh u no even talk as a NIGERIAN.so we don win Algeria now s beter u pack al ur load and leave our country and go to d country u ar supporting.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Tatase(f): 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2010
honeric01:

1.) Please show us where Amodu said he thought we played well against Zambia, can you at least do that?

2.) His task (Nff's target) was to get to the Semi final which he did, so what's your problem? let those who hired him fire him.
Just because we don't like his selections does not make anyone insult the man continuously, if he was your dad, would you say things like these to him?

3.) 99% of our leaders are under-performing leaders and Amodu is 20 times better than then, why are you people not asking for foreign take over of the country? maybe we need a foreign president too or don't we?

4.) How many times have you made mistakes at your work place? would you like it if some people wants you sacked just because you didn't achieve your target the way they would have loved it achieved but you were still able to achieve your targets in your own way?

I hope you don't mind: I'm numbering your points to make them easier to address:

1.) I was referring to the following comments made post-Zambia and pre- Ghana in which Amodu implied that he didn't understand why Nigerians where hating on him which by extension implies that he didn't think the performance was that bad. "If they did not play well against Zambia, the match against Ghana will be a different cup of tea and the reversal is also the case. . ." and the whining that he doesn't understand Nigerian's complaints: "I have gone through pains and humiliation coaching the Nigerian team. I have faced very harsh criticisms, derided and ridiculed. Yet, we have continued to win. We may not be playing to the expectations of many. We may not be as exciting as people expected. But we have been winning our games and, today, we are among the last four in Africa. And we have a chance to be in the final and who knows what will happen? But I’m still classed as nobody." Such comments are frustrating to me and anyone else who actually wants us to play well as they are besides the point; as the coach, he should be able to identify and fix why we didn't do well, he too should be appalled at the way we played both as a coach AND a Nigerian.

2.) Why are we as Nigerian's so happy to accept mediocrity? Why do we like to do the barest minimum to get by? We were extremely lucky to have made it through the Zambia match and it really was no thanks to Amodu. It was the grace of God. Bringing my father, or fatherhood if you like, into it, if my father was incompetent at a job, I would expect him to respect himself enough to either step down, or realize that he was in over his head and bring in consultants with the technical know-how to fix things. Secondly, I'm not on the side of people who abuse him in a personal sense, I'm on the side of people who say he lacks sufficient technical and tactical skills to lead our team. I can't speak for his personality or intelligence in aspects other than football and all my comments refer to him as a football coach and in that role, then yes, definitely I have every right to comment on what I see, because his role as the coach of our national team puts him up for public appraisal.

3.) It's the same thing as the father point you brought up previously. So because our politics (which in reality we have no power over) sucks, we should bring suckiness into every aspects of our lives. Before the thing we could be proud of was our football, now look at us! How are we ever going to progress as a country if we use the uselessness of our leaders as a standard of how the rest of us should perform. I agree with you in a sense about the foreign coach. I think we need a technical advisor/ tactical expert; however my position on the foreign coach situation is that football knowhow is not correlated to skin colour, I'm not that impressed with any of the foreign coaches we've attracted, and think we can find what we're looking for in a Nigerian (to me Amodu is not that Nigerian).

4.) Please I need to know your boss and work in your field because the rest of the world as I know is brutal. I don't know what jobs you've worked at, but most places I've experienced or heard about, you don't get much more than 3 strikes. Maybe I'm in the wrong field, but people do get sacked for repeated mistakes as far as I know. Especially when they don't take responsibility for the mistake. I've known people who only got a second chance and they were out. I don't want to seem cold or sentimental but this is not a charity and he's not a volunteer. If you want to take home tens of thousands of dollars for a match, you need to produce something good. If it was just the Zambia match, we'll say ok he had an off-day, leave him alone he'll improve, but when a low standard of play becomes the norm, then its time to re-evaluate, sorry!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by LuniyiGlo(m): 12:48am On Jan 31, 2010
@ Tatase

Excellent rebuts to all four points, I couldn't have written it better myself. . .  I don’t know why mediocrity is celebrated and accepted so much in Nigeria.  Other nations are sooo patriotic and so passionate about wanting to be the best, expecting the best, and we, we just celebrate 3rd place and underachieving goals as if to say we have a disdain for 1st place. 

Can you image, 1 out of every 4 Africans are Nigerians, having the population that accounts for 1/4th of Africa in combination to the fact that we have Nigerians playing for various other National teams, how can the NFF have such a rubbish target of the semi finals, what kind of nonsense is that?  Making rubbish propositions about paying each player N5 million Naira if they beat Mozambique? MOZAMBIQUE?? As if to say we were playing against Spain. . .  That 5 Million Naira per player proposition should have been for winning it all not for beating Mozambique (a team that by the way made it possible for us to go to the World Cup).

When will Nigerians (leaders, citizens, and football fans) start requiring greatness and unmistakable competence and expecting nothing less?  God help us in this ***&&&*** we call a country!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by denitro(m): 2:17am On Jan 31, 2010
TO ALL THOSE WHO FOOLISHLY THINK AMODU SHOULD TAKE US TO SA 2010
Reasons why Amodu will disgrace us in South Africa 2010
1. Amodu did not qualify us for the World Cup, Mozambique did.
2. Amodu is not tactically sound - All efforts have been by trial and error.
    Maybe let us try Yakubu as the lone striker, no, Let's try Obafemi, No, Let's try ,  Obasi and Nsofor,
    How long will a coach take the whole Nigerians for a ride.
3. The quality of matches in the World cup will be higher than that of the Nations cup. The signs are there,
    The same team will be taken to South Africa, the same approach and clearly the same result (Disaster)
4. How can a coach that can't tell the ability and fitness of his players. Obafemi has not been playing regularly for
    Wolfburg, Yakubu plays better as a supporting striker, Nwaneri had been criticized by Westerfo and I quote 
    westerfo - Nwaneri has no business in the team. This was 2 nations cup ago. It is no surprise he caused the goal
    Nigeria - Ghana match
5. It is only a country that has no respect for it's football that will play around the issue of selecting a world class
    coach for it's national team. The English team tried using coaching from the English premiership, it didn't work
    They didn't say, let us keep patching up, No. They took a bold step and hired a world class coach.
6. Amodu has not succeeded outside the shores of Nigeria, in orlando pirates, he was booed off and dismissed,
7. There is a saying in business - it is madness to expect a difference result doing things the same way you
    have been doing things. Nigeria has never progressed beyond the second round when we struggled to
    qualify for the world cup, So doing things the same way we are accustomed to doing things, our best
    performance with Amodu will be a second round exit.
8. Beefing up the coaching crew as suggested by Amodu will be taking a wrong step in a hopeless direction. If
    he is not capable, then let he allow someone who is capable. Imagine adding Siasia, Keshi etc to his coaching
    crew for the nation's cup, the result will not be different, because we will still end up with a team that can't
    score goals, defends poorly and lacks a play maker.
9. We need fresh ideas on the bench. A coach that thinks outside the box.
Those hoping that Amodu continues as the coach are the very same reason why Nigeria will forever be stuck with a
PDP leadership, a sick presidents, incompetent presidents, corrupt governors, No electric power, bad roads, corrupt leader. We know that PDP is bad, but they made a mistake during the last 8 years, let us give them another chance,  WHAT OF, Giving another political party, a chance to make things right. I am sick and tired of Nigerians reasoning like that.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. AMODU SHOULD BE SACKED. AND AN ITALIAN COACH CALLED UP. IT IS NO SECRET THAT THE ITALIAN COACHS ARE CURRENTLY THE BEST AND WILL DELIVER THE BEST QUALITY IN THE SHORT TERM FOR US.
AMODU HAS TRIED. WE APPRECIATE HIS EFFORT BUT ,  THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
THERE IS A TIME TO TAKE BULLSHIT AND A TIME TO BE SACKED.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by denitro(m): 2:38am On Jan 31, 2010
honeric01:

Please show us where Amodu said he thought we played well against Zambia, can you at least do that?

His task (Nff's target) was to get to the Semi final which he did, so what's your problem? let those who hired him fire him.

99% of our leaders are under-performing leaders and Amodu is 20 times better than then, why are you people not asking for foreign take over of the country? maybe we need a foreign president too or don't we?

How many times have you made mistakes at your work place? would you like it if some people wants you sacked just because you didn't achieve your target the way they would have loved it achieved but you were still able to achieve your targets in your own way?

WHAT, ! I can't believe this is coming from a Nigeria, which planet are you living on.
If Amodu was my Dad, I will personally call him as a son and advise him to resign.
Amodu is no better than our leaders. In fact, Amodu was selected by our under performing football leaders so what do you expect.
At work - If you only achieved your target not by your own merit but by luck and persistently repeat the same mistake over and over again. YOU WILL BE FIRED and if you are not careful, held liable for any damages as a result of your incompetency.
Shabby world cup qualifying run - strike 1
Inability to qualify for South Africa 2010 by merit - strike 2
Disgraceful nation's cup performance - strike 3
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT
Disastrous World cup performance - Strike 4
GOD FORBID.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by 9jauk: 3:59am On Jan 31, 2010
I wasn't shock dat we played Algia's;with the presence of my lovley gifted,blessed,good hearted pailoOO Kanu d KING he needs to be played for 70min every match in WC in d absence of creative midfeilder or supportin striker Kanu will make huge difference.
Few players need to be weed out of WC, mikel,yakubu g8 player but is finished, Our attack need John Utaka and maybe OKORO,his got great ball handling he move's like messy he need to be in World Cup.
Snow dey fall of i go, God bless Super Eagles.
oHHH yes amodu need to move on to Enyimba f.c,i dn't beleive in foreign coah,SIASIA IS GREAT WITHOUT AMOKACHI IS GONNA BE A HUGE DISTRACTION E DON FINISH MONEY
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Pressed2mi: 7:05am On Jan 31, 2010
I wonder why we all take the pains to analyse this 3rd place match! If u ask me, even if FIFA gathers the best world eleven ( including the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka etc) against the super chickens, as long as it is for a 3rd place match, Nigeria will win that match and convincingly too.

We now have a permanent 3rd position. If Nigeria crashes out of the world cup in the semi final stage, we will still come 3rd.

naija like 3rd position sha!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by rasputinn(m): 8:38am On Jan 31, 2010
3rd place finish again
Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by LAMESKI: 9:21am On Jan 31, 2010
QUITE LAUGHABLE! AMODU IS ASKING FOR KESHI WHENEVER NFF WANTS TO GET HIM SOMEBODY TO WORK WITH. OH! BIRDS OF A FEATHER! AMODU CAN PLAY FOOTBALL; KESHI CAN DEFEND. NEITHER OF THEM HAS THE TECHNICAL KNOW HOW OF READING A MATCH. IT IS NOT BY ISHON(MUSCLES) BUT BY SENSE. THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF LAUGHTER O; IT IS A MATTER OF SHINING YOUR EYES. NFF SHOULD LOOK FOR SIASIA WHEREVER HE IS AND DISPOSE OF AMODU AND HIS HOMEBOY BROTHER AMOKACHI. THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL, PROBABLY GO TO LEARN FROM MORHINO OR FEGGIE INSTEAD OF REGISTERING WITH SIASIA WHICH MAY BE A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW.

I DON'T SUPPORT EMPLOYING FOREIGN COACHES. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE, COLOUR OF THE SKIN. WE HAVE BETTER COACHES WHO CAN DO BETTER. PROBABLY THOSE ASKING FOR FOREIGN COACHES ARE THINKING WHITE PEOPLE ARE BETTER THAN THEY ARE. LET US STOP GLORIFYING THESE WHITE PEOPLE; THEY ARE THE ACHITECT OF OUR WOES. LET US DO OUR THINGS OURSELVES. EVEN IF WE ARE GOING TO LOSE AT THE WORLD CUP, IS BETTER THAN CALLING THE WITCH DOCTORS WHEN WE HAVE WITCH MAKERS, WITCH DOCTORS, WITCHES, AND WITCH MASTERS.

YOUTHFUL PLAYERS, I MEAN TALENTED AND INTELLIGENT ONES, MIXED WITH DISCIPLINED AND EXPERIENCED ONES WHO WILL LEARN FROM THEIR BROTHERS SHOULD BE THE TEAM SO THAT IT WILL NOT BE LIKE THE CASE OF AIYEGBENI WHO WAS ASKING A COACH WHY HE HAD TO BE REMOVED WHEN IT WAS GLARINGLY GLARING FOR HIM TO RETIRE WHEN THE OVATION IS LOUDEST.

IF WE CAN DO THAT WITHOUT PREJUDICE OR EGUNJE(FOUND ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD) WE COULD WIN THE WORLD CUP, I SWEAR!

IRE O!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Vincent41(m): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2010
Third place has been and will still be de position of nigeria in football.Destiny can not be changed
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Vincent41(m): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2010
My guy what you said is true.Coming to de world cup yes we can win it if mohamed faroyok could be allowed to attend it wit his bomb.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by Vincent41(m): 9:28am On Jan 31, 2010
My guy what you said is true.Coming to de world cup yes we can win it if mohamed faroyok could be allowed to attend it wit his bomb.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by ow11(m): 9:35am On Jan 31, 2010
Luniyi_Glo:

@ Tatase

Excellent rebuts to all four points, I couldn't have written it better myself. . .  I don’t know why mediocrity is celebrated and accepted so much in Nigeria.  Other nations are sooo patriotic and so passionate about wanting to be the best, expecting the best, and we, we just celebrate 3rd place and underachieving goals as if to say we have a disdain for 1st place. 

Can you image, 1 out of every 4 Africans are Nigerians, having the population that accounts for 1/4th of Africa in combination to the fact that we have Nigerians playing for various other National teams, how can the NFF have such a rubbish target of the semi finals, what kind of nonsense is that?  Making rubbish propositions about paying each player N5 million Naira if they beat Mozambique? MOZAMBIQUE?? As if to say we were playing against Spain. . .  That 5 Million Naira per player proposition should have been for winning it all not for beating Mozambique (a team that by the way made it possible for us to go to the World Cup).

When will Nigerians (leaders, citizens, and football fans) start requiring greatness and unmistakable competence and expecting nothing less?  God help us in this ***&&&*** we call a country!!

The statement in bold is a LIE!!!!! Malians, Camerounians, Beninois, Senegalese, Algerians and Tunisians play for other national teams. Should that mean they all deserve to win the AFCON?

denitro:

TO ALL THOSE WHO FOOLISHLY THINK AMODU SHOULD TAKE US TO SA 2010
Reasons why Amodu will disgrace us in South Africa 2010
1. Amodu did not qualify us for the World Cup, Mozambique did.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. AMODU SHOULD BE SACKED. AND AN ITALIAN COACH CALLED UP. IT IS NO SECRET THAT THE ITALIAN COACHS ARE CURRENTLY THE BEST AND WILL DELIVER THE BEST QUALITY IN THE SHORT TERM FOR US.
AMODU HAS TRIED. WE APPRECIATE HIS EFFORT BUT ,  THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
THERE IS A TIME TO TAKE BULLSHIT AND A TIME TO BE SACKED.

Mozambique had no ambitions of their own abi?

And ANY Italian coach must be world class?

The people we debate with. . . . . . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria Nations Cup [1 -0] by ndgfx(m): 11:51am On Jan 31, 2010
Does anyone notice the irritating trend here? That for the last 3 NC we've been coming third? * cryangry Does this have anything to do with the fact that we are "3rd world nation" -OP smiley

All that has been said can be summed up as this: The moment we begin to tell ourselves the truth and consent that the truth is true, then and only then can progress be made.

QUITE LAUGHABLE! AMODU IS ASKING FOR KESHI WHENEVER NFF WANTS TO GET HIM SOMEBODY TO WORK WITH. OH! BIRDS OF A FEATHER! AMODU CAN PLAY FOOTBALL; KESHI CAN DEFEND. NEITHER OF THEM HAS THE TECHNICAL KNOW HOW OF READING A MATCH. IT IS NOT BY ISHON(MUSCLES) BUT BY SENSE. THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF  LAUGHTER O; IT IS A MATTER OF SHINING YOUR EYES. NFF SHOULD LOOK FOR SIASIA WHEREVER HE IS AND DISPOSE OF AMODU AND HIS HOMEBOY BROTHER AMOKACHI. THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL, PROBABLY GO TO LEARN FROM MORHINO OR FEGGIE INSTEAD OF REGISTERING WITH SIASIA WHICH MAY BE A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW.

I DON'T SUPPORT EMPLOYING FOREIGN COACHES. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE, COLOUR OF THE SKIN. WE HAVE BETTER COACHES WHO CAN DO BETTER. PROBABLY THOSE ASKING FOR FOREIGN COACHES ARE THINKING WHITE PEOPLE ARE BETTER THAN THEY ARE. LET US  STOP GLORIFYING THESE WHITE PEOPLE; THEY ARE THE ACHITECT OF OUR WOES. LET US DO OUR THINGS OURSELVES. EVEN IF WE ARE GOING TO LOSE AT THE WORLD CUP, IS BETTER THAN CALLING THE WITCH DOCTORS WHEN WE HAVE WITCH MAKERS, WITCH DOCTORS, WITCHES, AND WITCH MASTERS.

YOUTHFUL PLAYERS, I MEAN TALENTED AND INTELLIGENT ONES, MIXED WITH DISCIPLINED AND EXPERIENCED ONES WHO WILL LEARN FROM THEIR BROTHERS SHOULD BE THE TEAM SO THAT IT WILL NOT BE LIKE THE CASE OF AIYEGBENI WHO WAS ASKING A COACH WHY HE HAD TO BE REMOVED WHEN IT WAS GLARINGLY GLARING FOR HIM TO RETIRE WHEN THE OVATION IS LOUDEST.

IF WE CAN DO THAT WITHOUT PREJUDICE OR EGUNJE(FOUND ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD) WE COULD WIN THE WORLD CUP, I SWEAR!

IRE O!

LMAO, sorry dude, no insults. I have a  habit of laughing at tragedies. But i like the WitchMaker bit. smiley And, no we rilly don't need foriegn coaches. We have more talent here than in brazil. Even the yorubas say that it's insulting for a man from outside to come and put your house in order. However, if like me, you just love to see things go wrong for the fun of it, go get them and watch history repeat itself. Ensure you're comfy with your Coke can and your pop-corn. And call your friends.

Where The F u ck is the FBI when you need them? smiley

My fellow nigerians tuned into AIT one jolly day to watch lawmakers and ministers and other special guests of honour raise over #10 million (i guess thats the amount - correct me if i'm wrong) for a team that was doomed to fail (plus they "somehow" managed to get a WC ticket) and gave a car (was it 2 cars) to a laughable excuse of space we call a coach. I say if we go for an Italian coach, we give him amodu's car(s)[es] so he can perform better (or worser.). Oh and let's try not to kidnapp him while we are at it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Can’t Imagine Playing In Real Madrid Without Cristiano Ronaldo" Marco Asensio / Peter Olayinka Banned In Albania For Signing For Two Clubs / London 2012: 7 Cameroonian Athletes Abscond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.