Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? (26499 Views)

Are There Any High Brow Areas Or Estate In Okene, Kogi State / Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful Of Before Buying Land / Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by millhouse: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2017
Oh this is exactly what nairaland of old used to be. Very informative... I pray it hits front game but I doubt, its not about Tonto dike or whizkid

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:30am On Jul 07, 2017
Landmatterz:
thank you for bringing up the above questions.

For questions one , I do not know and even if I did know the user name of a client here on nairaland I would not quote as it would be illegal and unprofeseional without their permission.
As for questions 2 , I cannot defame a company by posting the companys name , I am not a constituted authority , but however I can offer advice as to how to spot them.
As for three , I urge any nairalander who has investigated a land owned by any of these real estate companies and found out any thing suspicious to please quote me or pm me with the agents name as I hope to follow it up.

-Landwey homes
-Christal homes
-Revolution plus
-Pazino homes .

Now to those saying estate management coys charge after sale , please visit your estates regularly you would see what those levies are used for ,If u visit an estate and return after three weeks to a month and no new development well i would simply say carry your money and run, a serious real estate management coy is always developing their site:from perimeter fencing to drainage to road network to underground electricity channels etc , work goes on steady , hence the levies . why all the construction and development ?, Answer : To create a standard that befit a 21st century estate and will result in high return rate in the nearest future . That is why they can confidently promise you quick appreciation of your land .( Note that one of the major difference between a rural and urban area is a well defined layout) . Some major estates at Lekki: Carlton, Nikkon etc started out this way , with strict adherence to a high standard they have turned investors initial capital to over #100million per plot .
So my dear people , next time you get the notice for a levy , visit your estate to see what it is for, and also ask from time to time how much your land is worth , whether or not you are planning to sell , your land should be appreciating in value else you are loosing money !

Nice one.
You are indeed blessed in wisdom!!

Buying from a reputable real estate development firm that had a reputation to protect is much more safer and better than this fraudsters called omoniles.

In the long run its much better to buy from a real estate firm especially if you are not building immediately, your land is always there for u.

But if you buy from omonile and you aren't building immediately, just consider your land gone.
And there is nothing u can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Landmatterz: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2017
bigtt76:
In as much as we're scared of omonile or the estate companies... Please be scared also of the lawyers and surveyors. Always ask for their bar licensing/practicing numbers. Verify their identities before engaging in business with them.
sadly true

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by OkoYibo: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
Na wa o. Thanks OP, God bless you plenty.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by duality(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
Humm.... what a thread!

After reading this thread, I became more apprehensive.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
fkj950ax:
If you want to buy any land in Lagos, please do the following

1. Physically stand on the land
2. Get your phone out and use google maps to get the coordinates
3. Take that coordinate yourself to a Surveyor or Surveyor General office in Ikeja. It's in between Coca cola and Oregun road
4. You get to know if its somewhere you should buy
5. I used a man (Very Expensive) who got me the actual lineage going back 3-4 generations of the Omonile that own or sold the land.
6. If the person you are dealing with can not reference by visit or receipts to these omonile family, RUN NOW
7. He will also confirm the CofO status from Lands, Alausa
8. If all those Ibeju Lekki briefcase property companies document is different from 5-7 above. Walk away
9. If they check out, then you can negotiate and pay.

My advise is to also package small something for the current Omonile and get a 2nd receipt apart from the one their ancestors issued the property companies are carrying about.

Then you can sleep well at night after parting with money.

Ikorodu, Mowe, Ajah taught me lessons.

Every document must be counter crosschecked at Lands and Courts.

Plenty forged government documents everywhere

The man is pricey. Premium service but knows his onions in Lagos.

Used to be a Director in Lands.

Advised on Mainland lands. Yaba. Ikeja, apapa with CofO more than 60years gone from the 99years govt gave...

Give us his contact
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
fkj950ax:
If you want to buy any land in Lagos, please do the following

1. Physically stand on the land
2. Get your phone out and use google maps to get the coordinates
3. Take that coordinate yourself to a Surveyor or Surveyor General office in Ikeja. It's in between Coca cola and Oregun road
4. You get to know if its somewhere you should buy
5. I used a man (Very Expensive) who got me the actual lineage going back 3-4 generations of the Omonile that own or sold the land.
6. If the person you are dealing with can not reference by visit or receipts to these omonile family, RUN NOW
7. He will also confirm the CofO status from Lands, Alausa
8. If all those Ibeju Lekki briefcase property companies document is different from 5-7 above. Walk away
9. If they check out, then you can negotiate and pay.

My advise is to also package small something for the current Omonile and get a 2nd receipt apart from the one their ancestors issued the property companies are carrying about.

Then you can sleep well at night after parting with money.

Ikorodu, Mowe, Ajah taught me lessons.

Every document must be counter crosschecked at Lands and Courts.

Plenty forged government documents everywhere

The man is pricey. Premium service but knows his onions in Lagos.

Used to be a Director in Lands.

Advised on Mainland lands. Yaba. Ikeja, apapa with CofO more than 60years gone from the 99years govt gave...

Give us his contact
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by fkj950ax(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
badmusatari:

Give us his contact

Do send me a mail. I'd share it via email to you
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
fkj950ax:

Do send me a mail. I'd share it via email to you

Sent
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by fkj950ax(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
badmusatari:

Sent

Sent
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by chitown(m): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2021
Personal experience: I bought a plot of land from wisdom property Mowe about 8 years ago and it was a scam. I have nothing to show for it.

I later ran to buy from the LAgos state government thinking that the government won’t scam me but I was very wrong. We both 2 plots- one on badagry ijanikin and ikorodu igbogbo- both fully paid for about 8 years ago- again nothing to show for it. I was scammed by the LAgos state government.

When I enquired at Alausa, I was told that the Omo-onile had sold many plots to government officials the plots of land the government was banking on for the land scheme. And there was no mechanism in place for me to get my money back or another land.

This country is all a scam am sorry to say.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by DrAkpa(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2021
Wahala for who dey buy land

1 Like

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by godofpeace: 7:38am On Feb 19, 2023
bedfordng:
it will pay you more in the long run if you create a blog and start educating on properties matters. a free blogger blog with a custom domain name is not cost to run a personal blog about properties and scam. lots of lawyers don't know the power of having a simple blog for their business. tap into it early to get your own share of the audience before it gets too saturated . just my 2cent
kshankky:
Buying land from omo onile is far better and cheaper in a long run than the so called estate agents. After paying charges for foundation and roofing nobody will disturb u again

https://www.eprojectguide.com/Topic?department=ESTATE-MANAGEMENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Jevinik Restaurant In Abuja (Photos) / Lagos State Fire Fighters Arrived Few Minutes To The Ilasa Fire Scene / BREAKING: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Marked Buildings After School Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.