Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? (26485 Views)

Are There Any High Brow Areas Or Estate In Okene, Kogi State / Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful Of Before Buying Land / Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Landmatterz: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

How many people here on Nairaland who bought land from real estate companies have been able to build on their plots?

How many companies selling land here on Nairaland with 'Excision under processing' have gotten theirs?

How many estates have valid legal documentation for parcels of land that they sell?

I'm a property lawyer and I have conducted due diligence im behalf of clients with regards to several estates being advertised here on Nairaland. Many of them don't have valid documents, some use C of Os to scam people, some aren't processing any Excision that they claim to process.

There's a particular estate being sold here on Nairaland where the company is fraudulently using a C of O not related to the land. Buyers aren't aware of this because they didn't get their own Surveyors to the site before paying. They're pouring millions of naira for an estate with phantom documents.

Unfortunately, the greatest scams by real estate companies are in the Ibeju-Lekki axis. They have packaging but they're hardcore fraudsters.

As for the Omoniles, some may land-grabbing, property reselling scammers who have defrauded many Nigerians, but there are ways of handling them. In fact, as a lawyer, I can't buy a single grain of sand from most of these real estate companies as I'll rather buy from the omoniles.

Very soon, I'll have to open some threads here on Nairaland to expose the scams being perpetrated by these Omoniles and real estate companies selling land in Nigeria.

Edit: Been getting tons of PMs regarding this issue. For those who may not be able to reach me via PM, I can be reached via Watsapp or SMS on 08063790773.
Oga lawyer first off, thanks for the swift response to OP, however I don't understand why you generalise your stand point of view without any exceptions or space for the later. I won't say all lawyers are scam just because I met one two ,three or even four scam lawyers. We know your point is that properties should he verified before purchase (which any good company agent would ask you to get). Stick to the point , don't try to scare people by creating fear .
I will highlight the points to watch out for when buying from estate agents .
- Firstly , Visit the estate management Office .
-Visit the site yourself to make sure the estate actually exist .of course, its the estate management respomsibilty to take care of this
-Take pictures to a professional , some can offer some bit of advice from pics ,while others might follow you to the site,he would answer questions like is the land buildable?,etc this shouldn't be an issue as well
-When you are satisfied thus far , this is where you get a property lawyer , a good one ! ,ask for any documnents that the lawyer might request from your agent ! If the land is genuine the agent will definitely be glad to provide you with the documents.(photocopies 0
- After verification you can then go ahead and make payments

Lands from Omonile are not all bad , but quite risky , coz families might be fighting over it so after 20years you might have to pay afresh , you can't build in peace ..etc, even after careful verification

3 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by lightdream: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Omo onile is better.all my friends i told to get land never regretted and they got through omo onile.Real estate are cooperate criminals.I will never fall a victim again. They will advertise #300k, #450k, #500k for land with flexible installment plans .once payment is completed -they comeup with another plan which were not captured in there advert insisting you pay infrastructural development levy #200k, land documentation# 200k etc or you risk revocation.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

How many people here on Nairaland who bought land from real estate companies have been able to build on their plots?

How many companies selling land here on Nairaland with 'Excision under processing' have gotten theirs?

How many estates have valid legal documentation for parcels of land that they sell?

I'm a property lawyer and I have conducted due diligence im behalf of clients with regards to several estates being advertised here on Nairaland. Many of them don't have valid documents, some use C of Os to scam people, some aren't processing any Excision that they claim to process.

There's a particular estate being sold here on Nairaland where the company is fraudulently using a C of O not related to the land. Buyers aren't aware of this because they didn't get their own Surveyors to the site before paying. They're pouring millions of naira for an estate with phantom documents.

Unfortunately, the greatest scams by real estate companies are in the Ibeju-Lekki axis. They have packaging but they're hardcore fraudsters.

As for the Omoniles, some may land-grabbing, property reselling scammers who have defrauded many Nigerians, but there are ways of handling them. In fact, as a lawyer, I can't buy a single grain of sand from most of these real estate companies as I'll rather buy from the omoniles.

Very soon, I'll have to open some threads here on Nairaland to expose the scams being perpetrated by these Omoniles and real estate companies selling land in Nigeria.

Edit: Been getting tons of PMs regarding this issue. For those who may not be able to reach me via PM, I can be reached via Watsapp or SMS on 08063790773.

Why not open a thread to educate people?

1 Like

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by xakjustice(m): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Omonile

Pls, kindly help me, wanna knw wats 'omonile'
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by iebanehita(m): 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

It's very hard to believe, but I've seen it happen very well. Unfortunately, most buyers won't know until the matter ends up in Court and the companies are asked to tender documents.

I get you. it all boils down to due diligence, facts finding irrespective of who you buy from.

1 Like

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by forlahkhe: 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
My husband just finished paying his 2yr instalmental payment for Shimawa phase 1(500k); now we are told dt there wl b some other levies too, abt 500k again(which we were nt informed frm d begining o) b4 they can ALLOCATE d land to us. No allocation yet we just bought land BY MOUTH#imagine#
My friend who just got a job with d company sef told us dt if we dont provide d levies on time, they wl move us to phase 3(frm phase 1 dt we payed for) or any1 dt it available as @ d time u provide d levy#breachofcontract#
In naija, No sound LAW against all ds fraudulent activities......
The shocking part of it now is dt, if d marketer dt sells d IMAGINARY land to u leaves d company or is no where to b found and u dont av an updated receipt, OYO is ur case, ds particular company doesnt av a good RECORDING system...........i can go on and on......
Ds is a BIG nd POPULaR company i'm talking abt here o#omoonileisbetter#

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by momove4real25(f): 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Verify tru family head or village chiefs den buy. They won't delay Ur land receipt immediately aftr payment. Omonile might av sold to lieutenant of soldier wch will in beatg. So preferably buy directly from family is my own opinion
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by uniquebony(f): 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Is it andron homes Because i just paid too.

Quote author=forlahkhe post=58031065]My husband just finished paying his 2yr instalmental payment for Shimawa phase 1(500k); now we are told dt there wl b some other levies too, abt 500k again(which we were nt informed frm d begining o) b4 they can ALLOCATE d land to us. No allocation yet we just bought land BY MOUTH#imagine#
My friend who just got a job with d company sef told us dt if we dont provide d levies on time, they wl move us to phase 3(frm phase 1 dt we payed for) or any1 dt it available as @ d time u provide d levy#breachofcontract#
The shocking part of it now is dt, if d marketer dt sells d IMAGINARY land to u leaves d company or is no where to b found and u dont av an updated receipt, OYO is ur case, ds particular company doesnt av a good RECORDING system...........i can go on and on......
Ds is a BIG nd POPULaR company i'm talking abt here o#omoonileisbetter#[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by laudate: 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

Oga, God will bless you!! shocked Please expose these fraudulent estate companies. Kindly publish the names of their companies, the estates they are selling and if possible, the names of their promoters. Land scams thrive, because of inadequate information. Genuine buyers need all the protection they can get!

May all the evil doers be exposed, in Jesus' name!! angry God punish dem, big time!

3 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by uniquebony(f): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hello everyone. Is andron coy genuine or are they scammers too
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by MrMcJay(m): 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why not open a thread to educate people?

There have been several threads by Omonile Lawyer before mine, but the real estate advertisements pushed them down.

Not to worry, I'll post links to them here and open more as needed.

https://www.nairaland.com/2280686/why-real-estate-developers-must

https://www.nairaland.com/1502308/c-o-gazette-under-processing

https://www.nairaland.com/921525/top-10-land-survey-plan

https://www.nairaland.com/246870/beware-fake-survey-plans-properties

https://www.nairaland.com/377377/dont-victim-investigate-every-property

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by ibawon(m): 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sniper12:
i bought a plot of land in ibeju lekki around November. till now my documents are still being processed. scared as hell. dey promised 3 months processing
What part of Ibeju Lekki
From Agents /Omo'nile or Estate companies
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by MrMcJay(m): 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Landmatterz:

Oga lawyer first off, thanks for the swift response to OP, however I don't understand why you generalise your stand point of view without any exceptions or space for the later. I won't say all lawyers are scam just because I met one two ,three or even four scam lawyers. We know your point is that properties should he verified before purchase (which any good company agent would ask you to get). Stick to the point , don't try to scare people by creating fear .

Thanks for your kind reply sir. However I asked three questions in my initial post. If you think I'm scaring Nairalanders, kindly help us answer them.

1. How many people here on Nairaland who bought land from real estate companies advertised here on Nairaland have been able to build on their plots?

2. How many companies selling land here on Nairaland with 'Excision under processing' have gotten theirs?

3. How many estates have valid legal documentation for parcels of land that they sell?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by ghuzy01: 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
forlahkhe:
My husband just finished paying his 2yr instalmental payment for Shimawa phase 1(500k); now we are told dt there wl b some other levies too, abt 500k again(which we were nt informed frm d begining o) b4 they can ALLOCATE d land to us. No allocation yet we just bought land BY MOUTH#imagine#
Ds is a BIG nd POPULaR company i'm talking abt here o#omoonileisbetter#
Thank God am reading this, a friend of mine who works with andron homes has been disturbing me about buying a plot in their ibadan estate,but my mind is not at peace cos of this different levies he talked about.make I jeje give myself brain.

3 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by olisaemeka1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Victornezzar:

Bros I must say tank u very much
my snr Bro is planning 2 buy from 1 of all dis real estates cos he said he don't want omonile wahala

Plots Of Land At Abijo Ajah For Sale

Located in an estate ...well situated and dry land ......you are dealing with the direct owners and all documents are ready and available

Price per plot : 6million negotiable

Serious offers pls contact : 08036350173 calls/ watsapp

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by shams040(m): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
well if u buy from omo onile der a two tyns involve.

1. u pay additional money for every stage of ur development.

2. most of der land a under govt acqusition.

if u buy from estate der a 2 tyns involve

1. dey lease land nd nt sell land 99yrs renewable

2. u a secured if dey av der global c of o bt if nt u need to regularize like dat of omo onile.

therefore, d best land to buy a govt scheme.

if u av a soldier as a frnd go for omo onile instead of buying from estate firm dat has no c of o.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by bobo9ice: 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
I bought mine from Omo onile and I have started building now....no single issue except their normal owo foundation which is 30k neg and they have been very friendly and cool.... Meanwhile my wife bought 2 from coy still around Ibeju axis and till now no allocation since December.... Consult widely before you buy sha..may God lead us all.

1 Like

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by folowo(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
I one should make a good investigation before buying from the two..... But as for me I prefer omoonile.......

Make money pay this year... Join this great community

*https://nigeria50.biz/?i=folowoseleolaleye@gmail.com
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by shams040(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
olisaemeka1:

Plots Of Land At Abijo Ajah For Sale

Located in an estate ...well situated and dry land ......you are dealing with the direct owners and all documents are ready and available

Price per plot : 6million negotiable

Serious offers pls contact : 08036350173 calls/ watsapp

show us evidence of lodgement.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by shams040(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
bobo9ice:
I bought mine from Omo onile and I have started building now....no single issue except their normal owo foundation which is 30k neg and they have been very friendly and cool.... Meanwhile my wife bought 2 from coy still around Ibeju axis and till now no allocation since December.... Consult widely before you buy sha..may God lead us all.

most of dem a scam jare. do ur land info well before u buy nexta time
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by shams040(m): 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Any estate firm dat claim dey av c of o ask dem to show u d following:
1. d main c of o
2. approved layout plan from mppud
3.survey plan with evidence of lodgement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by chitown(m): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
Bought from Wisdom property Mowe almost 7 years ago, up till now, no land or document. Most of these real estate companies are fradulent.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by chitown(m): 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Buying from the Lagos state government is no better. Bought into the igbogbo scheme aand ijanikin rose garden almost 8 years. I given a block and plot number for the igbogbo scheme but up until now, still no land and no document. This system in this country is all bleeped up.

6 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by chitown(m): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
I have been processing c of o for a property in Lagos through an attorney, eight years later, document not yet out. Again, we live in a bleeped up country where nothing works. Nothing is straight forward. They make sure at every turn they put a system where it enriches civil servants. Go to Magodo, and you will see houses own be Lagos state civil servants. Where did the money come from?

4 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by MrMcJay(m): 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
chitown:
Buying from the Lagos state government is no better. Bought into the igbogbo scheme aand ijanikin rose garden almost 8 years. I given a block and plot number for the igbogbo scheme but up until now, still no land and no document. This system in this country is all bleeped up.

Did you pay in full?
What document(s) were you given after payment?
Do you have a Letter of Allocation?
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by DrGoodmanFather: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
edoman2016:
I want to know between buying land from Omonile or Estate company, which is better in the long run? When you calculate the inflated land cost and permanent payment of service charge of buying land from estate company compared to buying the same land from Omonile in similar environment.

With Omonile, the price of land is cheaper and no payment of any service charge. Which do you think is economical in future?

Just be careful in case you receive private email from my son DrGoodman to come and buy land in Ibeju Lekki. He has been on scamming spree on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by BCASH(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

well done for the article but not all estate developer company do that, visit www.urbanshelternigeria.com or come to our head office for inquiry about our service (projects) render @ wuse zone 5 Michael okpara way abuja or reach on this via text or whatsapp/call 07033854428 to know that we are different among the rest .
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by DrGoodmanFather: 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

You hit the nail on the head or head on the nail (All join). grin grin grin

Even the big developers are scammers. Sometimes, Omoniles are better when the land has CofO and you can conduct good search.

I still feel 90% of lands in Ibeju Lekki has no documents.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by BCASH(m): 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
chitown:
were you given any legal document during your transaction, as asked by the previous nairalander
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by DrGoodmanFather: 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sniper12:
i bought a plot of land in ibeju lekki around November. till now my documents are still being processed. scared as hell. dey promised 3 months processing

Processing from the Estate or Processing at Alausa?
They are two different thing.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Ekoishome: 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
For your governor's Consent, building approval, stamp duty and ctc. Contact us Sortz Solution 07089457628.
Also 3bed room flat at Ajah serene compound with only two family dweling. Location Farm Bus stop sangotedo Ajah. Water treatment, interlocked compound, generator house etc.
One room self contain available.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by ULSU003: 12:02am On Jul 02, 2017
someone is just hear using this thread to Advertise his business and say some cheat about one of the activities of this noble profession which we use same 5years to study.
firstly- Identify a registered real estate company, registered with NIESV (Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers) and ESVARBON (Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria) they regulate all activities of estate surveyors and valuers and they could revoke license issued to any fraudulent member. You buy land from agents under the name real estate marketing outfit registered with CAC just like any other company, all they do is strictly business, you can be expose to fraudulent agents just as it is found in all profession in Nigeria.
Before you do any land transaction ensure the firm is registered with the body above, they got all reputation and you are more than safe because they do all due diligence before they accept to market any landed properties for reputation sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / Fire Outbreak At Jevinik Restaurant In Abuja (Photos) / Lagos State Fire Fighters Arrived Few Minutes To The Ilasa Fire Scene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.