Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? (26498 Views)

Are There Any High Brow Areas Or Estate In Okene, Kogi State / Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful Of Before Buying Land / Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Edmanpumpin(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
Buying a family land is better than so called estates coys.
All one have to do is a proper due diligence check with the ministry or bureau of Lands before payment.

Then go ahead and get your Reg. Survey or C of O done ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by subsurface: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
I knw persons that bought lands...
(1) with 13M has moved into his house since last yr
(2) with over 18M spent hasn't even seen the interior completed apart from carcass because he bought from Lekki Gardens.

Both properties @ ibeju lekki, lagos.

So I don't support estate coys

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by logadims: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by udemzyudex(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
If you want to buy land from omo nile, get a good lawyer, simple.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by iebanehita(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mac2016:
You will get land u can't do anything on... Not even resell or build at will when u procure from estate agents in fact ... Ure only funding real estate company by buying from them. Ure paying for land they might not even acquire in say 5yrs, to be conservative. And yet they make u pay numerous hidden charges.
Buying from omo onile.. I think it's better.. Do adequate research and meet with community leaders that matter before buying.. It's worth the risk! Lagos is actually arresting omo onile now... Good news

This is so wrong except if you're buying from a fake real estate coy.
How can they sell land they've not acquired? Where did you get that from?
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by infobut(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Not all real estate companies ooo
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by EMMYB0Y(m): 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by MrMcJay(m): 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
iebanehita:

This is so wrong except if you're buying from a fake real estate coy.
How can they sell land they've not acquired? Where did you get that from?

It's very hard to believe, but I've seen it happen very well. Unfortunately, most buyers won't know until the matter ends up in Court and the companies are asked to tender documents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Rett0: 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good revelations.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by tayorh(m): 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
To those of us who don't own a land, God will provide our own o, can i get an Amen..

6 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by rectitude(m): 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
For landed properties within Abuja both Customary and Government papers you can contact me on 08037126760 you can WhatsApp me on same number

Note: it's the best deals you can get. You are taken to district heads for further clarity and authenticity if you wish.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by talk4free: 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

How many people here on Nairaland who bought land from real estate companies have been able to build on their plots?

How many companies selling land here on Nairaland with 'Excision under processing' have gotten theirs?

How many estates have valid legal documentation for parcels of land that they sell?

I'm a property lawyer and I have conducted due diligence im behalf of clients with regards to several estates being advertised here on Nairaland. Many of them don't have valid documents, some use C of Os to scam people, some aren't processing any Excision that they claim to process.

There's a particular estate being sold here on Nairaland where the company is fraudulently using a C of O not related to the land. Buyers aren't aware of this because they didn't get their own Surveyors to the site before paying. They're pouring millions of naira for an estate with phantom documents.

Unfortunately, the greatest scams by real estate companies are in the Ibeju-Lekki axis. They have packaging but they're hardcore fraudsters.

As for the Omoniles, some may land-grabbing, property reselling scammers who have defrauded many Nigerians, but there are ways of handling them. In fact, as a lawyer, I can't buy a single grain of sand from most of these real estate companies as I'll rather buy from the omoniles.

Very soon, I'll have to open some threads here on Nairaland to expose the scams being perpetrated by these Omoniles and real estate companies selling land in Nigeria.

If you have all the information why are you waiting for very soon to expose it. Very soon you will create a thread. Imagine. You are as guilty as the people you call scam if you have the information and you yet hoard it from the innocent public.
Not trying to pick a fight, just being honest.

8 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by nextstep(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
My guy, based on my experiences it doesn't matter who you buy from. Best is to do all you due diligence and still set aside 2x for wahala.

Whether you buy from omonile, single owner of land, estates, or even government, somebody will still come and drag it with you. They can show you CofO, past tax payments, survey, and so on... Nor of them are entirely reliable so you still have to ask around.

Even after all that you will still drop something: the only say you have in the matter is whether you use the money for lawyer, or to pay police, settle omoniles or lga people, or just settle amicably. Either way, land matta for Naija nor be beans.

3 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by IsheriNorthGRA: 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
That's why you need to come to Isheri North GRA. No omonile wahala at any point even while building. Contact us now!
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by MrMcJay(m): 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
talk4free:

If you have all the information why are you waiting for very soon to expose it. Very soon you will create a thread. Imagine. You are as guilty as the people you call scam if you have the information and you yet hoard it from the innocent public.
Not trying to pick a fight, just being honest.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

I wrote that post at 1:13am as a response to an issue raised by a Nairalander and promised to open more threads to tackle this issue.

If you feel I didn't provide sufficient information as I'm hoarding it, kindly contact your lawyer to provide the ones I left out. Whenever I open new threads, I'll tag you.

Cheers.

8 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
What of adron properties and landmark ?
MrMcJay:

I wrote that post at 1:13am as a response to an issue raised by a Nairalander and promised to open more threads to tackle this issue.

If you feel I didn't provide sufficient information as I'm hoarding it, kindly contact your lawyer to provide the ones I left out. Whenever I open new threads, I'll tag you.

Cheers.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by jaytime(m): 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Most lands in Lagos are bought from Omonile. Even the Estate companies themselves buy theirs ("in bulk") from Omoniles to resell. It's better, cheaper to buy from Omoniles. But you've got to shine your eyes. Verify every land you want to buy. Involve a good lawyer that understands land matters and knows the terrain in the transaction.

Meanwhile a big plot of land in Ibeju Lekki with a newly and well completed 2 unit Room and Parlour self contain BQ is up for grabs.
Call me up with my number on my profile.
Check my signature...
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by chukzyfcbb: 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nairakand lawyer who is the mod of the property section has often spilled out the beans on real estate

Never enter into a land transaction with quacks. always go with professionals . One who knows the tricks and intricacies of a land deal.

Yes Omonile can be dodgy, but if you consult a lawyer who knows how to deal with them, you are sure of your land delivered to you.

On the other hand , a real estate company is a scary deal. Why?

How many real estate coy will show u the terms and conditions guiding the estate before you make payment?

ahow many of them have documents that you can use to verify ownership at the land bureau?

In the end, even if you buy from a genuine coy, you will be indebted to them for life!!!!

You will pay
-development fee
- estate management fee
- you will be told how to build your house
(color,shape)
- some restrict the use of pets (no dogs nor cats)
- some don't allow the use of generating sets leaving you at the mercy of phcn
- Your light bill could be crazy if phcn does " secret collabo" with the estate CEO to milk residents there. etc

#Omonile better pass abeg

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by MrMcJay(m): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
tumababa:
What of adron properties and landmark ?

Unfortunately, I won't be addressing particular brands here as it would be unprofessional of me. You can speak to your solicitor to advise you or contact me privately. My number is on the first page of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Dp
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Though omoniles are mosquitoes who petches on the sensitive parts of the body,I still prefer them.

Any land deal I do with estate people are purely for biz ie resale.

Hate building in an estate.

If it's abuja, I like to involve fcda official.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by talk4free: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

Cheers.

Bros, no need for all this macabre dance now. Share information if you have it. Help your brothers. No honest working nigerian deserves to lose his money at these times.
The infomation you share will be useful, even in talking to my lawyer. Background information is helpful to everyone, including the lawyers.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by MrMcJay(m): 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Nairakand lawyer who is the mod of the property section has often spilled out the beans on real estate

Never enter into a land transaction with quacks. always go with professionals . One who knows the tricks and intricacies of a land deal.

Yes Omonile can be dodgy, but if you consult a lawyer who knows how to deal with them, you are sure of your land delivered to you.

On the other hand , a real estate company is a scary deal. Why?

How many real estate coy will show u the terms and conditions guiding the estate before you make payment?

ahow many of them have documents that you can use to verify ownership at the land bureau?

In the end, even if you buy from a genuine coy, you will be indebted to them for life!!!!

You will pay
-development fee
- estate management fee
- Your light bill could be crazy. etc

#Omonile better pass abeg

Omonile lawyer has been warning people since the days of Mowe Ofada land scams. Hw has shouted and shouted. It's just a pity that his posts have been submerged by the tons of adverts in the property section.
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Tmex(m): 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Generalising here really wouldn't help, not all real estate companies engage in such fraudulent act, there are still companies with integrities to deal with. All you need is due diligence, dont just buy lands, investigate the lands you intend buying, it cost about 5k to chat a land at the ministry of lands and with that you ll be guided with necessary information. I'm a realtor myself, but I investigate real estate companies before dealing with them, i can assure we still have some who have a name to protect

4 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by chukzyfcbb: 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

Omonile lawyer has been warning people since the days of Mowe Ofada land scams. Hw has shouted and shouted. It's just a pity that his posts have been submerged by the tons of adverts in the property section.
lol, people don't like to read. I took time to read all through his posts, even down to his websites. I couldn't believe that I was armed with so much info for free...

I learnt a lot, I hope others too will read and learn.
You are doing a nice job reminding us about land deals, kudos

4 Likes

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by MrMcJay(m): 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
talk4free:

Bros, no need for all this macabre dance now. Share information if you have it. Help your brothers. No honest working nigerian deserves to lose his money at these times.
The infomation you share will be useful, even in talking to my lawyer. Background information is helpful to everyone, including the lawyers.

Okay bro. In the meantime, I've dug up these threads by Omonile Lawyer. He's addressed the topic comprehensively.

https://www.nairaland.com/2280686/why-real-estate-developers-must

https://www.nairaland.com/1502308/c-o-gazette-under-processing

https://www.nairaland.com/921525/top-10-land-survey-plan

https://www.nairaland.com/246870/beware-fake-survey-plans-properties

https://www.nairaland.com/377377/dont-victim-investigate-every-property

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by happney65: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
davodyguy:
See mumu question.

Many people can distinguish between Registered Real Estate companies, certified ESVARBON/NIESV and local agents who claim to be estate agents.

When you deal with chartered surveyors
Like Jide Taiwo and Co
Ismail and Partners
Ubosi Eleh and co
Diya Fatimilehin
Osas and Oseji

You'll know its an error dealing with local agents and Omo onile

I knew Diya fatimilehin way back in the late 80's and early 1990's..Very Professional..As for getting a piece of Land..I see no reason why I would buy a land from an Omo onile..

However I think I was fortunate when getting mine here in ibadan..Got it through a former teacher who is into estate agent and stuffs..A fellow teacher wanted to sell the land and some others and Boom I got it..Paid for all with about 500K with no stress..Only gave some Omo onile 10K when building started..

Maybe am fortunate sha cos I knew what my dad went through when he wanted to buy he's land..
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by Mccullum: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
it is more better to buy from one onile or consult reliable surveyor who can assist you, I bought one land through one of the company that selling land in their proposed estate at ibafon, after many months they called me and showed all buyers our piece of land but after that they were systematically asking us additional money such as paying for omo onile through them, collection of land owners receipt (family receipt)... conclusively I decided to buy another land from Omo - onile, I'm now living in the house erected on it, better go for omo-onile and get a lawyer that will guides to get all necessary documents but building of the house is more paramount before spending much on the documents as omo-onile doesn't like delay on building of house.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by danemenike: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Any person who's reading this comment now must be interested in buying a plot of land.

Now listen carefully before you make a decision that may make or mere you. Land is the solid part of the earth' surface, created by God for man's use.

The both have their pros and cons. Not all Omoniles are bad and not all Real Estate companies are Fraudsters.

Real Estate companies buy from Omoniles in bulk and sell to their customers piece.

Whether it's trusted Omonile or trusted lawyer, you can still be swindled. However, the genuine Real Estate companies are somewhat expensive but their services are worth it. I have gotten properties from both Omoniles and Real Estate company, I know the difference. As an engineer, I have built for clients on both lands. I have seen people lose their life's savings to Omonile dispute. It may look cheap in the beginning but in the end it may cost you "ALL".

For me, I'll go with a Real Estate company anytime. If you're interested I'll refer you to a Real Estate I've verified personally, it's a firm of integrity. I'll tell you lands that are genuine.

My name is Engr. Daniel(07037629947)....If you ever get scammed , call me out!
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by maleeks(m): 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

How many people here on Nairaland who bought land from real estate companies have been able to build on their plots?

How many companies selling land here on Nairaland with 'Excision under processing' have gotten theirs?

How many estates have valid legal documentation for parcels of land that they sell?

I'm a property lawyer and I have conducted due diligence im behalf of clients with regards to several estates being advertised here on Nairaland. Many of them don't have valid documents, some use C of Os to scam people, some aren't processing any Excision that they claim to process.

There's a particular estate being sold here on Nairaland where the company is fraudulently using a C of O not related to the land. Buyers aren't aware of this because they didn't get their own Surveyors to the site before paying. They're pouring millions of naira for an estate with phantom documents.

Unfortunately, the greatest scams by real estate companies are in the Ibeju-Lekki axis. They have packaging but they're hardcore fraudsters.

As for the Omoniles, some may land-grabbing, property reselling scammers who have defrauded many Nigerians, but there are ways of handling them. In fact, as a lawyer, I can't buy a single grain of sand from most of these real estate companies as I'll rather buy from the omoniles.

Very soon, I'll have to open some threads here on Nairaland to expose the scams being perpetrated by these Omoniles and real estate companies selling land in Nigeria.

Edit: Been getting tons of PMs regarding this issue. For those who may not be able to reach me via PM, I can be reached via Watsapp or SMS on 08063790773.
word
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by kshankky(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Buying land from omo onile is far better and cheaper in a long run than the so called estate agents. After paying charges for foundation and roofing nobody will disturb u again
Re: Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? by chuksjuve(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:

Edit: Been getting tons of PMs regarding this issue. For those who may not be able to reach me via PM, I can be reached via Watsapp or SMS on 08063790773.

Hard core truth..Disregard this piece of advise at your own detriment..

Real estate Land selling companie are just like packaging without substance...
they are at best cooperate criminals....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Jevinik Restaurant In Abuja (Photos) / Lagos State Fire Fighters Arrived Few Minutes To The Ilasa Fire Scene / BREAKING: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Marked Buildings After School Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.