Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Hubby Blames Studio For Brittany Murphy's Death, Plans To Sue - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hubby Blames Studio For Brittany Murphy's Death, Plans To Sue (925 Views)

Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Pose In Bikini [photos] / Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos / Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hubby Blames Studio For Brittany Murphy's Death, Plans To Sue by amebono1: 12:53am On Jan 29, 2010
Whenever tragedy strikes, someone's always to blame, especially in Hollywood.

Brittany Murphy died a sudden death on Dec. 20 and her husband feels someone has to pay.

Although the official cause of death has yet to be announced pending toxicology test results, Simon Monjack is ready to point fingers at Warner Bros., which fired the 32-year-old actress from the sequel to Happy Feet just two weeks before her death.

"They killed her," he tells The Daily Beast.

And now, Monjack says, he's just days away from filing a wrongful-death lawsuit against the studio.

Both Monjack and the starlet's mother, Sharon, insist Murphy had a heart attack directly caused by the stress of being released from the animated film, which left her "devastated."

It didn't help that one month beforehand, Murphy was let go from The Caller so the moviemakers could go to the greener pastures of New Moon's resident reject, Rachelle Lefevre. Murphy's ouster was reportedly due to her and Monjack being difficult on the Puerto Rico set.

But he insists the so-called difficulty was merely him protecting his wife.

"Reports about the Puerto Rican set are fantasy," he insists. "I was never, ever drunk there. What I did do was demand they follow union rules and after she worked 12-hour days, six days a week, that she get the breaks she was entitled to…Warner Bros. relied on conjecture and hearsay about the Puerto Rico film for why they cancelled Brittany's role in Happy Feet. You're disposable as an actress or actor."

http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/b164461_hubby_blames_studio_brittany_murphys.html
Re: Hubby Blames Studio For Brittany Murphy's Death, Plans To Sue by amebono1: 12:54am On Jan 29, 2010
For the family members of young Hollywood starlet Brittany Murphy, her tragic death is still too difficult to comprehend.

The actress's husband, Simon Monjack, and mother, Sharon Murphy, opened up on a recent visit to Larry King Live, and the grieving pair are leaning on each other to get through this trying time.

"It's like a rebirth. There's not enough time—your dreams, be they good or bad, when you wake up and I reach out to touch or hold my wife, she isn't there," Monjack relayed to King when asked how he's coping since Murphy's passing.

After being with the star at the time of her death, Sharon and Monjack have developed a somber bond."Sharon and I were holding each other. And they let us know at the same time that she hadn't made it," he explained.

"But we knew before that," recalled Murphy. "You felt her life go out of her."

And while speculation surrounding Murphy's passing is still rampant, Monjack has his own explanation: "You want to know what broke Brittany Murphy's heart? Hollywood broke Brittany Murphy's heart."

In a separate interview with People last week, Sharon, too, maintains the sobriety of her late daughter, claiming she died because of a congenital heart murmur.

"She never even drank. Maybe a glass of champagne at New Year's," she tells the publication. "But everyone used to say she was wasted, she was this, she was that. It was hard for anyone to imagine that somebody was so high on life."

Monjack concurs, asking: "Do you not think anybody would have picked up on this anorexic, mentally deranged person? It's ludicrous."

Sharon and Monjack's full interview can been seen on CNN's staple this Wednesday

http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/b162522_hollywood_broke_brittany_murphys_heart.html
Re: Hubby Blames Studio For Brittany Murphy's Death, Plans To Sue by amebono1: 12:56am On Jan 29, 2010
Why is he blaming people for his wife's death?
Re: Hubby Blames Studio For Brittany Murphy's Death, Plans To Sue by SisiKill1: 6:51am On Jan 29, 2010
He's an ASS. He just wants to extend his fifteen mins of fame.

If all the hollywood stars who have been fired dropped dead, there will be no Hollywood.

The idiot keeps giving people the evidence they need to believe he was nothing but a gold digger.
Re: Hubby Blames Studio For Brittany Murphy's Death, Plans To Sue by donjon: 8:12am On Jan 30, 2010
The man is a joke!

If i lost some1, i'ld be mourning silently in my house, not on a tv show!

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Yvonne Nelson Famiy Backgrnd / Linus Idahosa Vows To Marry Stephanie Okereke / Dagrin Is Dead, But:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.