Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos (40509 Views)

Yemi Alade To Assist Amaka Jaja, A Sick Woman After Her Husband Dumped Her / Toolz Calls Out NG Classic Store Using Her Beads For Advert / Kate Henshaw Warns Akpororo To Stop Using Her For Publicity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by eyesourcenews: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2015
Yemi Alade is about to get a very nice settlement from a major UK telco! I hope Yemi’s lawyers are very good, she can get at least a six figure £ settlement…do you know how much that would be in Naira?!

The Award winning singer has kicked off legal proceeding against UK Telecoms company Lebara Mobile. Yemi Alade and her team are suing the company for copyright infringement. It would appear the telecommunications company favoured by many for highly competitive international calling rates have been using Yemi Alade’s image to promote their “Lebara Play” product on billboards & posters around the UK…without her permission!

An Instagram user who lives in the Ealing Broadway area of London, brought it to everyone’s attention when she shared a pic of the Lebara mobile poster with Alade’s image, thinking her fave was now the new brand ambassador for the company, she wrote,

''I stopped by to buy my calling card and right in front of me I saw this diva, screamed like she was right in front and in person. I had to increase my top up from £10 to £20. lol. My love for her though''

http://www.blacksatino.com/2015/10/yemi-alade-to-sue-uk-telecoms-company.html

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by stefanweeks: 9:03am On Oct 12, 2015
Thats Nasty

Dem Go Pay.... Quote me anywhere

Yemi, u don hammer grin

FTC

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Lattop(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2015
Just tell them ur price and stop acting silly

14 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by momasenny(f): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2015
Cool cash
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by lordthree(m): 9:05am On Oct 12, 2015
see free money o

11 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by MsRemarkable(f): 9:07am On Oct 12, 2015
Skiboroboskibo skiboroboro yeba oshhee baddest!

Shey she get money to sue telecoms coy?

8 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by ikbnice(m): 9:07am On Oct 12, 2015
why can't the company just sign her if they need her as their brand ambassador.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Mykelpato(m): 9:08am On Oct 12, 2015
Mtcheeew, so becox say we dey patronize her music, she Think say she don become super star.

The company just downloaded an African girl picture for Google

BTW, is she really pretty? Make the company remove her picture and take my sister's own.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by jamex93(m): 9:13am On Oct 12, 2015
dem must pay

shaybe dem dey claim to know law

4 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by pretydiva(f): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2015
Money don come ....babe yaf hammer

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by homesteady(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2015
lmaoooooooooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2015
I
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Bonapart(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2015
Who is she please? ?

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2015
I shocked
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by CR77(f): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2015
Till them cool cool
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 12, 2015
.For Her Mind.grin
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 12, 2015
Cool cash
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by CR77(f): 11:32am On Oct 12, 2015
2ru talk
Lattop:
Just tell them ur price and stop acting silly

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by hakeem4(m): 11:32am On Oct 12, 2015
Okay
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by caslord(m): 11:32am On Oct 12, 2015
Go on!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by chaz007(f): 11:32am On Oct 12, 2015
Like she hasn't used d picture of Jesus on her FB profile back when she was a regular girl. Did Jesus sue her??
Abegi!!!

This company is not that dumb to use a celebrity picture for a billboard ad without a consent, knowing fully well d legal implication of it. Even if they did, knowingly or unknowingly, She'd be surprised when they present a look-alike model in court. £20,000 plastic surgery is enough to get a model to lift her look. Na so e easy to cough out 6-digit sterling abi?!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by BIBILISTIC(f): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2015
K
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by odukoyayinka(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2015
@quiin bee...u took my space......anyway am out!!
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by bro4u: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2015
c'mon babe, sue their fvcking ass and earn millions, wish it was my pic.....congratz in advance.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Dindondin(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2015
Some companies just like to dey goof sha
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Dindondin(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2015
Mykelpato:
Mtcheeew, so becox say we dey patronize her music, she Think say she don become super star.

BTW, is she really pretty? Make the company remove her picture and take my sister's own.
receive brain

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Dygeasy(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 12, 2015
Mykelpato:

And where s ur sister pinshure? grin

6 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by jay2pee(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2015
kk... see as person dey get money just for her pix to be used... when pix full my fine and I dey beg people to send it to them...... na wa .... if I no become celeb make I know wetin cause am

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Tvegas(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2015
I doubt if Lebara a corporate body will be foolish enough to do such. This is probably the action of one of their vendor or sales agent. In that case She shouldnt count her eggs yet.

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by hardeniji(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2015
wrily
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Johnnoah1st: 11:35am On Oct 12, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady To E-Money: "Dash Me Money, I Will Keep Asking Till You Answer Me" / Swedish Rapper Einar Shot Dead At 19 (Pictures) / Paul Okoye's Twins, Nathan And Nadia, Go Swimming (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.