Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

"ije The Movie" - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "ije The Movie" (14626 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Where To Watch Ije(the Journey). / Genievive Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Are In Ije (an International Movie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "ije The Movie" by abadaba(m): 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
chelseabmw:

Is this a yoruba movie?
From the title, you should know that it is not. It is a Nigerian movie with a giant leap.
Re: "ije The Movie" by Smi1(m): 12:53am On Jan 31, 2010
I'm giving a Thumbs up to NollyWood , they are rily doing a great job out there
Re: "ije The Movie" by hackney(m): 9:03am On Jan 31, 2010
Wow, can't wait.
Re: "ije The Movie" by Oba234: 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2010
what does ije mean? what language is it?
Re: "ije The Movie" by THEAMAKA(f): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2010
ije is igbo
ije means "walk" or in this case "journey"
same thing.
Re: "ije The Movie" by Mekusxyz: 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2010
It is a Nigerian movie with Igbo hue. The title is Igbo and the producer/director is Igbo
Re: "ije The Movie" by b0y(m): 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2010
angry CRAP! This looks like shyte to me, you guys should brace yourselves for a big disappointment when this film eventually comes out cos i can assure it wouldn't be worth the wait in d end.However, i hope ma boys at alaba begin mass production of this movie once it's released ASAP, Gawd! Do we ever do anything right in this country? angry
Re: "ije The Movie" by THEAMAKA(f): 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2010
b0y:

angry CRAP! This looks like shyte to me, you guys should brace yourselves for a big disappointment when this film eventually comes out cos i can assure it wouldn't be worth the wait in d end.However, i hope ma boys at alaba begin mass production of this movie once it's released ASAP, Gawd! Do we ever do anything right in this country? angry
okay, tell us what's wrong with it.
Re: "ije The Movie" by agabaI23(m): 1:29am On Feb 01, 2010
Even Avatar that raked in $1Bn within 17 days of release is criticized as overhyped! It is normal!
Re: "ije The Movie" by ladej(m): 2:53am On Feb 01, 2010
@ the amaka- i feel this is a step in the right direction for our home video industry which has no infrastructure and basically run by the talent and not the cameras/editing/cinematography/lighting/make-up, you get my drift. our talent is exactly what it is, OUR talent. it isnt world class by any stretch of imagination. you cant be world class unless you test yourself against world class talent in a world class industry. although none of the foreign cast is grade A talent in hollywood they are still talent who are used to working with 35 mm cameras et al. Our naija talent can only learn a great deal from the experience and if they are underwhelmed by the occassion can one honestly blame them? i feel that acting with the foreign cast gave them a fascinating expose into the art of REAL movie making and international acting, which cannot be gained by acting 'my mama part 3' or any other make shift half baked production. even in the US our favourite actors like denzel, will smith tend to act with oyinbo productions. truth is they are more professional and have more resources to obtain the desired outcome.im pleased, and if it draws attention to their talents and more work trickles in then good. of course it will be a shock to their systems as it dawns on them that being a mega star in africa has no resonance when you get to hollywood. like the world trade center bombing, you start from ground zero
Re: "ije The Movie" by SEFAGO(m): 2:59am On Feb 01, 2010
agabaI23:

Even Avatar that raked in $1Bn within 17 days of release is criticized as overhyped! It is normal!

Avatar isnt really a great movie to be honest. Its just a rehash of the pocahontas story+star wars, with great visual effects. The plot was quite easy to think up IMO.

That movie "Ije" or whatever it is called doesn't really look good visually. I think saworoide was of better quality (when i watched it last), and even "letter to a stranger" seems like it has a better story. This seems to be a wacky story.
Re: "ije The Movie" by SEFAGO(m): 3:23am On Feb 01, 2010
even in the US our favourite actors like denzel, will smith tend to act with oyinbo productions. truth is they are more professional and have more resources to obtain the desired outcome.im pleased, and if it draws attention to their talents and more work trickles in then good

shocked shocked shocked grin.The reason you gave after really has nothing to do with why they act with oyibo casts. Did you consider that America is 65% caucasian? Will Smith's movies dont even sell much outside America because of race issues and stuff like that anyways.
Re: "ije The Movie" by GL(f): 3:25am On Feb 01, 2010
can't wait to see the movie too. hope it doesn't disappoint
Re: "ije The Movie" by ladej(m): 3:27am On Feb 01, 2010
truth is they are more professional[b][/b]. that is the answer right there.professionalism
Re: "ije The Movie" by ladej(m): 3:34am On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

shocked shocked shocked grin.The reason you gave after really has nothing to do with why they act with oyibo casts. Did you consider that America is 65% caucasian? Will Smith's movies dont even sell much outside America because of race issues and stuff like that anyways.

Released Movie Name US Gross Worldwide Gross
12/19/2008 Seven Pounds $69,951,824 $166,617,328
7/2/2008 Hancock $227,946,274 $624,346,274
12/14/2007 I am Legend $256,393,010 $585,055,701
12/15/2006 The Pursuit of Happyness $162,586,036 , $306,086,036
2/11/2005 Hitch $177,784,257 $366,784,257
10/1/2004 Shark Tale $160,861,908 $367,275,019
7/16/2004 I, Robot $144,801,023 $348,601,02

from the table above you will see that will smith movies DO SELL much more outside the US, at least doubling the US figures. nothing to do with race my guy. na star power
Re: "ije The Movie" by ladylola: 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2010
what did you guys think about the american actors? i liked that one black gurl anyone else?
Re: "ije The Movie" by ogagusps3: 8:03pm On Feb 02, 2010
This movie is going to be nice
Re: "ije The Movie" by Mhismole(f): 1:08am On Feb 03, 2010
urm, trust me,
the trailer doesnt look too enticing to me
y'all are just blinded by the whole american spice in it,
i hope i get disappointed, and it turns out to be a hit but,
im not holdin my breathe.
Re: "ije The Movie" by THEAMAKA(f): 1:09am On Feb 03, 2010
Mhismole:

urm, trust me,
the trailer doesnt look too enticing to me
y'all are just blinded by the whole american spice in it,
i hope i get disappointed, and it turns out to be a hit but,
im not holdin my breathe.
hmmmm now that you mention it, true.
let me hold my breath too.
Re: "ije The Movie" by mamagee3(f): 1:10am On Feb 03, 2010
I would like to watch that movie wherever I see it. . .It sounds like it's gonna be interesting.
Re: "ije The Movie" by Godopinion: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nollywood want to brake into Hollywood,well for that to happen there are things that they need to introduce into their movies.mainly Sex and Violence as this is what sells in Hollywood very well.Nollywood actresses such as genevieve,omotola etc. are they ready to reveal alot of round and brown grin grin grin
Re: "ije The Movie" by omo9ja123: 7:36am On Feb 07, 2010
nice movie cant wait for this one and D'COMEBACK crazy sick movie una fit check am out 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoJIXkq9mcQ
Re: "ije The Movie" by eldee(m): 11:00am On Apr 29, 2010
I need dates people . . . dates.

When is it coming out in cinemas, when is it on DVD . . . what are the main distribution points around the world.
Even the website is mum with this stuff.
Re: "ije The Movie" by joyblinks(f): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2010
the movie will be shown in cinemas on the 30th July,
Re: "ije The Movie" by obinna5000(m): 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2010
@joyblinks
Yeah! "Ije" will be showing at Genesis Deluxe Cinemas Nigeria from July 30 2010.
Re: "ije The Movie" by toluxa1(m): 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
HAS ANYBODY WATCHED THIS MOVIE? COMMENT ON YOUR POST VIEW PLS. AND WHERE CAN I GET IT AS I AM IN MINNA.
Re: "ije The Movie" by agabaI23(m): 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
Where can I see or buy this movie?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

50Cent To Feature On Emeka Ike's Movie / Baldwin Reaches Settlement With The Hutchins Over Wrongful Death On 'Rust' Set / Bbnaija: Bitto Wins Payporte Game Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.