Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People (25249 Views)

Beautiful Efik Brides In Their Costume / 5 Interesting Things Synonymous With The Efik / 5 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About The Efik People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by AleeDee(m): 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Men, I luv dat edikankog soup. My calabar nebo taught me hw to prepare it. Tho its costly nd d materials re nt easily @ reach here in d north *salivating*

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by dopemama(f): 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
peacengine:

Iyene Ken te
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... U no serious
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Kakamorufu(m): 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
guru90:

See ur belly will start talking to u up and down!!!
lolzz
lol. See ehn. I go like am like that sef. Abi naw
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Pavarottii(m): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
ivolt:
Africans and inferiority complex.
All indigenous African tribes originated from Africa,
there is plenty of DNA evidence to support this.

The middle east origin like most biblical stories
are pure jewish myths.

t
Where do u think isreal actually is?
U don't know is real is actually from Africa? The whites are just deceiving us. Go to d map.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Teetotaler: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
Can they be found in Calabar only?
What of Akwa ibom?
Who are their closest neighbours?, the iron or Ibibio?
Do they share language similarities with any of their neighbours and lastly Can they really be found in the South East? If so which part of the South East?
and Lastly, did the Mod push this the FP, or is it automatic /paid advert?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by hatchy(f): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Humans migrated from Africa to other parts of the globe. We blacks are never proud of our heritage that is why every tribe that have a missing link or can't trace his origin in Nigeria claim to be of Jewish tribe.
All these tribes are offshoot of a major black tribe with flat nose and deep voice in the deep Congo region except the Fulani nomadic tribe whose identity is very obvious from shape of their nose(pointed).

@Topic;
The Efiks are the most friendly people in this country who don't like stressing himself. He is contented with the little he have,hence other tribe that invade his home place term him lazy,a complete fallacy.
I still have the plans of buying a place of abode in the peaceful city of Calabar.
Thumbs up Calabarians!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by zidek(m): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please note that Akwa Ibom and Calabar are not south-east but south-south!
Apart From Edikang-Ikong, we also have afang soup, afia-efere(white soup), atama soup, editan soup etc, making them richest in Africa recipe!

7 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by selfmadeboss: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
did this idiot just say efik people that i know in calabar are decendants of isreal?
poverty fall on you there.
theop sef na confirm Igbo ibo bastard

6 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Queenybliss(f): 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
Proud Efik girl.. 100%

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by adahib: 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hmmmmmmm....

Which South-east?

Which Israeli origin?

OP advise yourself. Most of the information there is correct but the Israel as origin and the south-east location are completely false.

The common Efik saying "Efik edi mbakara" (translated into :Efiks are white people) which may have predicated the Israeli origin actually has nothing to do with Origin but cleanliness. The Efiks are inherently very neat people. If you meet a dirty Efik person or one who lives in a dirty environment,trace the origin of such,an ancestor or two may be non-efiks.

I know the op included the two points above in attempt to link the efiks to the ibos. While the efiks have nothing against the ibos,and will always see them as brothers,the efiks are efiks,while the ibos are ibos.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Keneeby(m): 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
Queenybliss:
Proud Erik girl.. 100%
Really?
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by aamstih: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Isat isate Awo ima!

peacengine:

Iyene Ken te
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Keneeby(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
adahib:
Hmmmmmmm....

Which South-east?

Which Israeli origin?

OP advise yourself. Most of the information there is correct but the Israel as origin and the south-east location are completely false.

The common Efik saying "Efik edi mbakara" (translated into :Efiks are white people) which may have predicated the Israeli origin actually has nothing to do with Origin but cleanliness. The Efiks are inherently very neat people. If you meet a dirty Efik person or one who lives in a dirty environment,trace the origin of such,an ancestor or two may be non-efiks.

I know the op included the two points above in attempt to link the efiks to the ibos. While the efiks have nothing against the ibos,and will always see them as brothers,the efiks are efiks,while the ibos are ibos.

Efik edi mbakara means efik people are beautiful. It has nothing to do with the origin.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Biafrannuke: 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kakamorufu:
edikanikong.... I sha go eat that soup one day.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Biafrannuke: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
Olukat:
Still copying and paste at this age?
South Eastern Nigeria indeed angry angry
see what politicized education curriculum has done to this one. his is aggressive in his ignorance

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by BeenieB: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
peacengine:

Iyene Ken te

cheesy
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by speak2me2016: 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
Point of correction. Cross River is not part of southeast.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
StainlessH:
If Uyo is Calabar that means Ibadan is Lagos. grin

change am that means Lagos is Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by chibecan: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
I think the op is right by saying Efik land is located in the south eastern part of Nigeria. He is obviously referring to the standard geographical expression that best denotes the location of that place in Nigeria. The south south nomenclature is one devised to express the geopolitical delineation which carved out 6 divisions out of the normal 4 standard geographical entries of north east, north west ,south east and south west. It is a pity we tend to bring pettiness and shallow mindedness into digesting issues when all we need to do is to look at things with a critical mind.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by maisauki: 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
OP you for complete d post wit a nice soup na btw nice post
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don't know much about them.

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by uglodoh(f): 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
adahib:
Hmmmmmmm....

Which South-east?

Which Israeli origin?

Do not mind the op. He was trying to be mischievous by linking Efik people to Israel thereby linking them to Ipob.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
-
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Outofsync(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
What's the difference between Efik , Ibibio and Urhobo

Anyone?
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Kissyharks(f): 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Efik,southeastern Nigeria??
It's very pathetic how people misinform the public with ease.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by barongmj(f): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
Effik, ibibio......cross river

Urhobo....delta
Outofsync:
What's the difference between Efik , Ibibio and Urhobo

Anyone?
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Outofsync(m): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
barongmj:
Effik, ibibio......cross river

Urhobo....delta
Nice but what is the difference between them??

Like I've heard people classifying Efik/Ibibio as one and I've also heard Efik/Urhobo as one too.

Do they speak the same language or....
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by eyamensah(m): 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Officialnelly:
Eyen Efik, Abadie?

Idiokke... idem fo?
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Outofsync(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
ZaraGift:

Efik has nothing in common with Urhobo, maybe you mean Itsekiri
So it's Urhobo/Itsekiri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Inheritance: Supreme Court, Igbo Culture In Head-on Collision / The Igbos Are Probably Nigeria's Most Populous Ethnic Group? / Was Lamurudu The Father Of Oduduwa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.