Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help (18963 Views)

I Almost Lost My Little Daughter Practicing What She Saw On TV - Nigerian Man / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by niyiforeal(m): 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
OP dat is simple na just tell the young lad it is wat u use to identify ur gender when asked on a form or something which is male or female
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Omotayor123(f): 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
ss
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by othman11(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Zz
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by HOLYDICK(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Call me am an expert in this grin
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by lonelydora: 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
XaintJoel20:
Happy New Month Nairalanders!

Few Minutes ago my little nephew who happens to be in primary three shocked me when he asked,' Brother what is sex'

I later discovered he found the word 'sex' in an article he found on my bed.

Presently I am lost as I don't know where to start from in answering his question.

What should I tell him

HELP!!!

Tell him when she's start studying biology in SS class they will teach her.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by RitaOlamide: 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
BigBrother9ja:
Olodo
So you dont know what sex is?
What is your sex?
Male or female

Bless you.... people just blowing things out of proportion....
Nice one..
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by obamabinladen(m): 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
whizzyleejr:
Tell him the true meaning but use Bible or Quran to back it up so he won't start....., you know

Bible and Quran where Mohammed bleeped Aisha and where Lot's daughters bleeped their father abi?.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Josh44s(m): 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
onuwaje:
I was once faced with this saga some time back.

Just tell her the basics

Sex is how to differentiate between a boy and a girl

Such answer will only complicate things believe me. Kids of these Days are very good with snaking more questions to enable them get to a level of understanding whatever it is they are asking cheesy
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Emokai3(m): 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
u need to be Questioned....hw did he come to know about that
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sex is how babies are made. A man and a woman go into a room and the stork delivers a baby to them

1 Like

Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Dmitri5(m): 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
The act of forkery btw a male nd female undecidedThe act of forkery btw a male nd female
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by BraveDeltan(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Let's take it this way, you know what sex is, but you don't know how to tell a 3yrs old. Start by saying, it meant for adults, and if a person is not of the age, then it could only spell DOOM. AND even if of the age, there are consequences not only in protected sex, but also unprotected sex also.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Seun.. tell your mods to stop deleting my messages Ooohhhh... I'm not breaking any rules.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by quiverfull(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
@Op, you need not be alarmed. Simply, use words that he can relate with to explain everything to him.

1 Like

Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by NigerianScholar: 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
XaintJoel20:

Few Minutes ago my little nephew who happens to be in primary three shocked me when he asked,' Brother what is sex'

Presently I am lost as I don't know where to start from in answering his question.

What should I tell him

HELP!!!
Tell him it means gender. If ya a boy or girl. Thats ur sex. Or just say ull understand when you grow a beard. Or he should meet you then
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Try being vague and off-hand first to see if he'll lose interest. Tell him it's just something grown-ups do, his mom would explain it to him. Tell his mom he asked about it to prepare her for the talk. If you ignore it, it will only increase his curiosity.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
hollowpot15684:

if he's 5 already, you are free to tell her..
but start by teaching her the benefit of sex then graduate to telling her the consequences based on your cultural norms.
Nephew is a boy. Him not her.

1 Like

Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Just show him by showing a cock and chicken doing it.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by IsaacBuchi(m): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
XaintJoel20:

What should I tell him

HELP!!!

Educate him. Tell him the truth. Tell him what sex is acccording to his age.

Tell sex is what married people do in the privacy of their room to produce children.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by joinnow: 2:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
You self
Anyway
Just tell him
When man and woman come together to make babies cheesy
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by GuntersChain(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
he saw the article in your room how could you be careless with such. I commend your nephew @ 5 he can pronounce the word sex. As for you i don't know what to say to you.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by intruxive(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
He already knows, just want to hear ur own confused version..... so he can quote you when he is been challenged as to his source of information. Eg junior what are u doing with eveleena?
Junior: mommy am having sex
Mom: faints
Junior (after mom is revived) uncle xaint joel20 told me sex is blah blah blah grin
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Sirnucee(m): 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
just tell him sex is a footballer
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by arnold123: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
XaintJoel20:

What should I tell him

HELP!!!
bros don't lie to him just tell him and use the "dangers aka std's" to scare him, I think that would be a very good idea
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by hollowpot15684(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
Highorbit:
Nephew is a boy. Him not her.

username: hollowpot15684
password: ***********

kindly login and modify the post. grin
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Jsj454: 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sex is a word describing a person as 'male' or 'female'. Tell him so.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Drabeey:

see my brother.... you are an E-diot

GOOD news my broda... its not such a bad thing to be an idiot.
what yoy actually lack is good food.

join me as i enjoy this good meal. it may help you build immunity against brain syndrome.

drabeey was HERE

Wow you sound so pained

By the way biscuit and pure water isn't good food

Olodo rakpata
Oju ejo lo moje shikishikishi
Oju eja lo mo.je
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by babatops(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kids of nowadays are fast learners.Lol.Read how this 10 year old girl was sexually molested..http://padigist.com/2017/06/30/pervert-caught-on-camera-sexually-molesting-10-year-old-girl-photosvideo/
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by harrowmykel(m): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
Wow, you will definitely love this one of this apps developed by a nigerian..I loved them too..

free. instagram offline video saver *(save instagram videos without using data)* here -----

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0097fac8

Or free whatsapp status saver *( save whatsapp status videos and images without using data)* here ---
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ba19a7db

Kindly share
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by ahamadegr8(m): 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
how old is de Dude? If he has grown to de age of sex education, I guess u throw more light on de issue so dat he can know more about it from family before hearing it outside.. just like dey said, charity begins at home like wise education begins at home as well.
Re: My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help by Banter1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
BigBrother9ja:
Olodo
So you dont know what sex is?
What is your sex?
Male or female
You nailed it. Best answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? / Is Bishop David Oyedepo's Church Indirectly Glorifying Satan(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.