Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? (1910 Views)

Cheating Husband Chats With Wife On Her Fake Facebook Account / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday / Man Catches Driver Having Sex With His Wife On Matrimonial Bed In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by allen4264: 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
hi
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by whitebeard(m): 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op but hope u don't do the same thing to her parents, u did the right thing man, but your wife, tsk tsk tsk, I don't know..!! Man I think u should wait for better advice.

Man I gas to be careful these days man..! These ladies ain't smiling....!!
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by gidjah(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
you need to help her over anger management , it's gonna ruine her if she continues like that.It is not even the mothers duty to help take care of your kids even if u guys are away, na just her good mind she been displaying to your family, let your woman understand that na, that disrespectful character won't help her at all.you two must sit down and really talk that over, the familiarity is just too much.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by eyinjuege: 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Can't you or your wife drive your kids down to your mum's house so she can babysit for you there?

You people are just taking her for granted, and unappreciative too.

If you want a free baby Sitter, you should drop your children off at her house, or stay on your lane.

Your mother has finished raising her own children, so you people should face and raise yours

Your wife can carry the children to her women's conference, or you their father babysit them at home.

If your mum was abroad, you people will still cope. You're lucky your mum has you people's time, no wonder you've seen her finish

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
So because your mom has been kind to both of you because of her grandchildren you want to put her on the floor. Can she enter public transport for your mother? Because your mom came down from her throne for you. It's only going to get worse. The sooner you fix it, the better for you.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Well. There's no useful wisdom in choosing a spouse except with God's wisdom.

In my case i'lld rather pray for a conscience-stricken wife instead of a God-fearing one. Ppl have abused the word "God-fearing" An abusive church goer is not God-fearing. A wife with a conscience would put her own mother in her mother-in-law's shoes no matter what happens. Your wife still has a part of her yet proud.. that's d hard truth.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Any little thing that happens in their households they bring to nairaland for anonymous people to help them solve, have you not solved more complex issues before or FP is now a feather in everyone's cap

Something a lady will get away with if it involves her mother, when it's the mother in law everything becomes protocol. All you need to do is speak to your wife about it, finish

E bi like say two of you no get jobs to keep you busy that's why you monitor your conversations up and down.

Good luck, hope nairaland can solve this very difficult problem

6 Likes

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Abiagirl777(f): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
mama sacrificing even to her grandkids and you ppl r disrepectimg her
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Richy4(m): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
The way you handle your mum is the way your wife will take her

If you handle your mum from the onset like an egg when you were courting your woman..... she will come in as a wife and take her as a precious and delicate cargo...because she has seen with her n@ked eyes how you treat her...

4 Likes

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by ifyalways(f): 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
See finish syndrome.

Taking the woman's kind heart for joblessness.

I won't even babysit shyte after an all night out : vigil or owambe.

You and your wife piss me off big time right about now. angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by sisisioge: 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hmmmm...very ungrateful Missy grin. Grandmas are very reliable nannies...your wife should learn to appreciate her. Na una sabi o.
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by babythug(f): 8:08am On Jul 02, 2017
eyinjuege:
Can't you or your wife drive your kids down to your mum's house so she can babysit for you there?

If you want a free baby Sitter, you should drop your children off at her house, or stay on your lane.

Your mother has finished raising her own children, so you people should face and raise yours

Your wife can carry the children to her women's conference, or you their father babysit them at home.

If your mum was abroad, you people will still cope. You're lucky your mum has you people's time, no wonder you've seen her finish

Annoying thing is that the grandma isn't likely aware of the wife's snooty attitude!!!

Poor woman just in a bid to make things easier was even calling to ensure she's on time and so on!

That wife probably is operating on a pre-notion/bias against her MIL because I doubt if she would mind picking her own mum even at 4am.

Husband don't let anyone see your mama finish tell your mum not to be available next time this kind of thing occurs! Between you and Mrs sort your baby sitting hassles! Unfortunately all this nanny issues around the country won't make one say explore that option mcheeeewww

So upset here, I have only boys and can't imagine thier spouses exuding this kind of bull shit to me

5 Likes

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by crackhaus: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2017
I seem to be missing something here, but how is it that some of you are still finding a way to rope the man into the blame game here?
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by oshe11: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
First of all is she ur mum or hers

Cos that wud depend on the magnitude of my reaction...

If hers then talk to her or let her knw if she continues, u wud stop her frm asking her mum to come babysit sinx she taking her goodwill for grantd

Bt if YOURS.........

LEMME ME JUST STOP HERE BEFORE........
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by babythug(f): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
oshe11:
First of all is she ur mum or hers

Cos that wud depend on the magnitude of my reaction...

If hers then talk to her or let her knw if she continues, u wud stop her frm asking her mum to come babysit sinx she taking her goodwill for grantd

Bt if YOURS.........

LEMME ME JUST STOP HERE BEFORE........

Might I chip this in!

It's important to read through and understand before commenting! It'll save loads of embarrassment....

The OP clearly stated that it was his mum that was/is the subject of the discourse!

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by TR1212: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
eyinjuege:

Thank you....

Op, I wouldn't have bothered replying with an advice but this poster just spilled my "second thought" so I'll just concur.

This ish just happened today nah Oga, it's not even a problem!! This is nothing serious o jare. Not worth coming here IMO. People have their mood ish once a while, maybe your wife was having one. I'm not saying your wife did well o, but you should learn to handle some things in YOUR marriage or just ignore! This does not require external advices abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by oshe11: 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
babythug:

Might I chip this in!

It's important to read through and understand before commenting! It'll save loads of embarrassment....

The OP clearly stated that it was his mum that was/is the subject of the discourse!

Hope this helps
Yeah!

Thanks!
Skipped that part.....

In that case, the OP shud stop his mum knowing fully well that his wifey aint appreciative

1 Like

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Destined2win: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
I just wish your Mum will get busy and have less time for just babysitting your babies let me see if your wife will not make another arrangements.

Too much familiarity breeds contempt.
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by SirVintageCock: 5:56am On Jul 03, 2017
It is how you treat your mum that gave that wife of yours effrontery to behave like that.

What nonsensE
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Eketem: 6:52am On Jul 03, 2017
I think your mother is too nice and your rude wife is now taking her for granted.

Let your mother stop running round to answer your wife abeg I hate rudeness and stupidity.

You should tell your wife her attitude sucks and till she apologizes to your mom no more favors.

This made me really upset
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Acidosis(m): 6:57am On Jul 03, 2017
You hardly see men disrespect their mother in laws. I wonder why some women f00lishly nurtue this shameless attitude.

A lot of women create problems for themselves. By the time it all explodes, they will come crying about the wickedness of mother in laws. 99% of women who end up complaining about MIL are mostly selfish, self-centered and wicked.

@ sir vintage: the fact that I disrespect my mom doesn't give anyone any right to extend the same gesture to my mom. It is just a principle of life. Many parents here vehemently beat their child, but no one else must make any attempt to touch the same child, they'll explode! It works the same way across board,

There are things I'll do to my parents and get away with it, if someone else tries such, he or she will create a scene for himself/herself. There is no comparison here

1 Like

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by cococandy(f): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2017
Let me understand this. Your mom is coming to baby sit for you guys while your wife is busy.
And your wife is reluctant to go pick her up?

Entitlement at its finest. Maybe she should live in a place where babysitters charge $10 per hour or you pay $800-$1200 a month to keep your child in full time day care (I shed a little tear every time I have to write that check). Then maybe just maybe her sense will realign.

Some people take so many things for granted.
I'd be happily going to pick her up and even buy her something on my way back to thank her for saving me money.

Unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by EfemenaXY: 8:15am On Jul 03, 2017
cococandy:
Let me understand this. Your mom is coming to baby sit for you guys while your wife is busy.
And your wife is reluctant to go pick her up?

Entitlement at its finest. Maybe she should live in a place where babysitters charge $10 per hour or you pay $800-$1200 a month to keep your child in full time day care (I shed a little tear every time I have to write that check). Then maybe just maybe her sense will realign.

Some people take so many things for granted.
I'd be happily going to pick her up and even buy her something on my way back to thank her for saving me money.

Unbelievable

grin grin grin

Howdy Coco
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by elektra(f): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2017
Wow! There are characters in this world oh!
If anyone (talk less of my husband's mum) is willing to help me babysit, I will be ready to do all I can to ease their burden including picking them up. I cannot believe the level of ungratefulness you wife has displayed.

If your wife has that attitude towards your mum in your presence, imagine how she treats her in your absence.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by cococandy(f): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2017
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Howdy Coco
I'm fine cheesy

How about you?
Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Zither(m): 10:02am On Jul 03, 2017
Your wife is plain lazy. Your mother has no business taking any responsibility for your kids whenever your wife needs to attend to her business affairs. The kids are your responsibility (wife and husband). Your, mother is under no obligation to care for your kids but she does that out of a kind heart and because of blood ties to you, her son, and her grand kids.

Let her know her limits so she doesn't step beyond her bounds, especially when it concerns passing the responsibility of taking care of the kids to your mother. Any mother would willingly and gladly do that but not when she is treated with disrespect and ungratefulness in the process of asking her to care for the kids.

Even single dads and mums do a magnificent job of bringing up their kids properly just as they combine that with other business and personal affairs they have to deal with daily. Here, your wife has you to help her in raising the kids but she is so rude that she demands your mother, a third party, take up the responsibility as well. Asking help is quite different from demanding it. One is polite, one is rude.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tolerate Your Wife on this issue? by Onegai(f): 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Eh, this is a molehill.

Your wife is entitled, so are you. I mean, it's not rocket science that you could have organized a cab/taxi for your mum rather than let her jump buses to come babysit YOUR kids. But you're pissed because your wife is doing what you did. Anyhoo, before you go and tear slap for your wife in false righteousness, false hypocrisy and false anger, let's sit down and take that log out of your eyes, shall we? smiley

(Don't tell me you can't organize a taxi for your mum, my brother does it all the time when she decides she's firing her current driver. They pick her up and bring her down. You didn't think of it. It's cool, all kids are thoughtless and selfish most times towards parents. Just don't judge others for doing what you do).

Tell your wife "I will never take you or your mum for granted and neither should you take me and my mum for granted" and next time you need Grandmother's help, take the kids over there. End of story. 5 minute solution. Don't build a mountain.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mother & Her 14 Daughters In An Adorable Photo.(pics) / I / Please Help � I Can't Handle This Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.