Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist (803 Views)

I Killed An Inland Taipan In My Factory.. Taipan Really Exist In Nigeria.. / Is This Lady A Fraud Or Does She Really Needs My Assistance / Time To Go Sleep Guys, Or Does Anyone Wish To Sneak Into My Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by blackbeau1(f): 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sometimes, I feel like life's already mapped out for us. And at other times, I feel like we make our own choices. Which is it?
Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by whitebeard(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Feels like both to me..but one thing I know is if u make up your mind to become someone in life considering the challenges and not backing down, u would be what u want to be..!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by obamabinladen(m): 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill, but time and chance happeneth to them all". ECCLESIASTES 9:11

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by nepapole(m): 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
To me, it is. My number one reason is that I was unable to choose the family I was born into. I jus met my self here.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
There are no such things as God/gods/Satan/Angel/Sprite/heaven/hell/luck/
miracle/afterlife/written destiny

Believe in reason/science cool
Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 31, 2017
a philosophical question. i will say it's a combination of both.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 10, 2017
Don't mind hati13. There is God. However every human being have free will. But u are bound to the consequences. If there's free will then automatically there's nothing like destiny. Of course thats logic. However there's fate. Don't mistake fate for destiny. Fate is the consequence of your past deeds, words and thoughts (good or evil). Man is the architect of is own life. What is happening to u today is as a result of things u have done in d past. Others were designed so you can learn from them. Remember, our purpose for being in this plane of existence called earth is to develop through experiencing. To know more about life, existence creation God etc, Examine the grail message
Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by SLOVFO(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2017
You make your own choices. That's what distinguishes us from other beings in creation. We are free moral agents.
But having said that, we all have a blueprint/map, made by God for us to follow. How well you follow that blueprint, will determine how truly successful and fulfilled you would become. Being born again and listening to God will help you discover your purpose for living.
Remember, God will not force you to follow his will for your life. Except in exceptional cases.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
Life is based on free will.
Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by SLOVFO(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hati13:
Life is based on free will.
I totally agree. We all have a choice. You have a choice to choose Jesus Christ (life) or death. The choice is in your hands.
John 3:16 For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Predestined Or Does Free Will Actually Exist by KingSango(m): 1:00am On Oct 29, 2017
blackbeau1:
Sometimes, I feel like life's already mapped out for us. And at other times, I feel like we make our own choices. Which is it?

There is a path laid out for us that is ours. It comes with lots of choices that only we can decide. And from offerings and devotion to our ancestral spirits we can be protected from the imbalances cause by environmental and bad choices. Ase, Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Know About DENGI Club? Come In Here / Pendulum Series - Episode Four: The Lost. / Who Are Your Favourite Nairalanders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.