Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally (4103 Views)

Young Girl Who Gives Birth At An IDP Camp In Adamawa (Photos) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Anambra Polls: Jega Hits Back At Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by woye77: 10:49am On Jan 29, 2010
A woman on Thursday gave birth to a bouncing baby boy at the rally of the Action Congress (AC) in Onitsha, which was interpreted by both residents and visitors  as a harbinger of good tidings for Governorship candidate, Chris Ngige, who is angling for another mandate, this time a genuine one.

Ngige was Anambra State Governor from 2003 until the Appeal Court quashed his election in 2006.

Although he occupied the office illegally, the public saw his administration as progressive, as he developed the state, then dismantled the structure of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), of which he was a member at the time.

A pregnant woman at the rally went into labour and before she could be conveyed to the hospital, she delivered the baby.

Former Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu, who was addressing the crowd when it happened, announced that the baby should be named Ngige.

He said the birth is a sign that victory is assured for Ngige and the AC, which at the moment controls Lagos and Edo.

Governors Babatunde Fashola (Lagos) and Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), as well as former External Affairs Minister, Tom Ikimi,  affirmed that the election on February 6 would be an “operation sweep” for the party.

“There is no gainsaying the fact that we are going back to Government House, Awka,” AC National Chairman, Bisi Akande, said.

“And if they don`t make it transparent, Nigerians will show these infidels what we call peoples’ revolution.”

Tinubu and Ikimi described the PDP as a disintegrated group that has lost its deposit in the polity, and the government run by the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) as one preparing its hand over notes.

Presidential running mate of Atiku Abubakar in 2007, Ben Obi, said the visit of AC members was a rescue mission, with the days of better governance to be ushered in  when Ngige is sworn in next  March.

Ngige reiterated his desire to complete “the good works” he was doing before he was sacked by the courts, and Akande warned that the AC will lead a national revolution if the ballot is rigged, urging the party faithful to guard their votes jealously.

Tinubu told AC members, who were excited by the presence of Fashola and Oshiomhole,  to vote and ensure they protect their votes by staying back at polling stations where results will be announced.

Fashola said driving through the city, he saw a show of love for Ngige, an affection that should be transformed into electoral victory.

Oshiomhole told the crowd: “We have swept out the PDP in Edo State. We can do the same in Anambra, but we can’t achieve this by waving our brooms alone; we should go all out, cast our votes, and protect the votes.

“Though the AC does not condone violence, we should do everything legitimately possible to guard against rigging during the election.”
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010012931420
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2010
Thank for the safe delivery.

As for the PDP, the party is spent force in Anambra State and they know it. Anambra is the water loo for the PDP. As for the pun called Soludo, they will rubbish and dump him sooner or later.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by edoyad(m): 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2010
That child is commissioner material grin
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by oluponpin: 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2010
DAT MARK D BEGINING OF NEW THING IN D LIFE OF D GOVERNOR TO BE grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by semid4lyfe(m): 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2010
Aaah. . . .definitely good tidings for Ngige.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by showbobo(m): 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
Good For 'Em. . . . . . .
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by Rooneyboy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
Lets all watch and c how the drama unfolds come february 6th.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by meerkat(m): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2010
the childbirth is definitely a sign of good tidings.if the election is free and fair, ngige must win. But as we know, there's no free and fair with PDP. THE MUSIC HAS JUST BEGUN
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by kosovo(m): 1:20pm On Jan 29, 2010
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2010
Niger poverty don hamer us, 9mnths old pregrant woman goes out only for politics rally
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by otukpo(f): 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2010
good luck to Ngige.
My prayer is that he wins.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by Prince081: 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2010
PDP is a curse to Nigeria and should be swept out with the broom, cut down with a cutlass, and all their footsteps wiped off for Anambra state and Nigeria to move forward.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by kshow1(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2010
ZUBBYNWA:

Niger poverty don hamer us, 9mnths old pregrant woman goes out only for politics rally

ol boy i tire o
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by wendieposh: 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2010
Naija poverty don hammer us, 9mnths old pregnant woman goes out only for politics rally!

I tire o, wetin she dey find?
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by idifu(m): 2:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
kini big deal about dissad?
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by r231(m): 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2010
i knw rite
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2010
its a good sign for Anambra state entirely & not just d Action congress.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by segoye2(m): 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2010
Am no PDP or any party fan, all I know is that the new born and his/her mom will be entitled to double rally fee? Or who says a pregnant woman whom arrival date is known would pounce on d streets rallying?

This is a sincere show of poor democratic process.

How much has Soludo spent so far? Immunity Claiming Process (ICP) we can see underway.

God bless my country NIGERIA.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by desthan(m): 3:12pm On Jan 29, 2010
undecided undecided :-x
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by Mbeki: 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2010
These shows the level of trust Anambra people has in Ngige, the ripe pregnant woman simply want the right people to be there. that's why she went out for the rally to contribute her little input.
The child is sent from God to usher in the best party and what's the name of the party, let's see.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2010
who should i vote for? Ngige or Peter Obi? I like these guys, especially Peter Obi because he provided solar powered water borehole in my village. I like Ngige because of the good road he built for you. Am totally confused, but i will vote for Peter Obi.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by panteleonk: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2010
I HOPE SEY THE SMALL BABY BOY NO GO SHORT LIKE NGIGE OOO,
GOD ABEG OOOOO
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by koolchicco: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2010
@OP

The Child is a Gift from above and a blessing in disguise 4 Ngige!

Ngige all the way!!! smiley
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by metalgong5(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2010
Ngige is already a loser right from the day he joined Yoruba men party.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by koolchicco: 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
Is Yoruba men party not better than the Aboki one? undecided
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by oge4real(f): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2010
Goodluck to the best candidate.

God, please do not let this thread be another tribalism war. Amen.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by Eaglebabe: 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2010
Are u sure Ngige is not the father?Don't say l told u say you heard.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2010
Metal-gong
for your info,ac is better than ppa or apga
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by chidyke77(m): 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2010
I like both of them bt i would like peter obi to complete hs good works.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by metalgong5(m): 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Metal-gong
for your info,ac is better than ppa or apga

How is AC better than APGA? Peter Obi's citizen oriented governance style speaks a lot for APGA.
AC is a party of refined rogues and criminals parading themselves as progressives. Imagine a party where Tinubu, a certified drug lord and alaye is a leader. To even add salt to the injury, they even added their fellow criminals like Atiku and Chris Ngige, the political jobber who introduced the Okija Shrine imbroglio in my state. Infact, Ngige has to apologise for the bad image he created for Anambrarians by going unclothed in Okija shrine for an oath of loyalty and also for occupying our government house illegally for almost three years. Is it not ironic to see the same man who was rigged into office in 2003 to be campaigning against election malpractice: Ngige and his AC men are shamesless and thats one of the reason he is already a loser in the guber race.
Re: Woman Gives Birth At Ngige’s Rally by denony(m): 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2010
future governorship aspirant in anambra

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Unveils New Tax Incentives For Local And Foreign Investors , Employers / Access Bank Demands N1million For Employment; GTB Asks Trainees To Write Own Obi / Revealed: Youngest Pdp Political Aspirant (pics)-viewer Discretion Advised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.