Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? (46179 Views)

Antonio Conte On Chelsea, Who Sold Matic To Manchester United? / Man Utd VS Chelsea...who Is More STRONGER... / 6 Players Rejected By Chelsea Who Became Super Stars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
kareemsaheed:
What if bakayoko failed to adjust to premier league demand like Batshuayi...
Have u seen a midfielder of his caliber without premier league experience performing at his best.. Your analysis in terms of money is right but performance wise. We will have to watch out.. Don't forget that Matic played very well last season but he was not appreciated.

For Manchester they got the deal right. Manchester crop of midfielder are in experience in challenging for the league title. The problem Manchester faced last season is in that department. So bringing in an experience player of that calibre from ur rival is a big deal...
Mourinho got it right...
Magic can still play kick ass 5yrs on... His experience is valuable to the team. His posture is very good... He his not a lazy player
Was kante playing in the premier league before Leicester bought him? Or Fernandinho in Man city.
Matic is a fantastic player at his best, that's why Conte couldn't sacrifice him for Fabregas. Matic still boasted 7 assists and a couple of goals last season, i still remember his goal against spurs in the FA cup.

He's very big and can shield the ball very well, but he's one legged and slow, but i hate the thought of losing him even worse to Man u

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
kareemsaheed:

Lolz.. U dey forget things easily o... Those crop of players mentioned are Europa champions..
Players flop.. But to consider a player as flop u need him to complete his contract, to fully justify him...
Those players contributed towards the team success.. Injury led to Luke Shaw problem...
Consider the following players

Shevchenko at Chelsea, Torres at Chelsea,
yet torres scored a vital gol for Chelsea against bacar in the champions league winning
remember
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Chikelue2000(m): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
see hatred
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by austyn0(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Franzinni:
buhari!!!!

Why?.... He is in London where pretty nurses are wAshing his balls daily... He is. Enjoying an all expense paid medical vacation with a parked jet at his disposal...

What deal better pass that?

Let Me go and hide. With my gun so I can ambush all Who will come and mention me for the matter.....
Laughs

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by SmartyPants(m): 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lilkini:
shipping off matic for £40m at his age us good biz buh selling him to man.u aint cool...it might hunt them soon

bakayoko is still young n d price is way too good considering the transfer prices these days

Sorry am i missing something... Matic hasn't signed yet has he??

And neither has Bakayoko for that matter as far as i know
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by innocential3032(m): 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Chelsea all the way.......
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
yet torres scored a vital gol for Chelsea against bacar in the champions league winning
remember
Even Europa league final, Torres stint at Chelsea isn't as bad as people think, at least not as bad as Di Maria to Man u, which cost Man U more.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
SmartyPants:

Sorry am i missing something... Matic hasn't signed yet has he??

And neither has Bakayoko for that matter as far as i know
Those deals are imminent, Bakayoko will undergo medical next week, then Alex sandro will follow suit.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by agrovick(m): 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op is the true definition of 'beating around the bush'

All the preamble mentioned just to ask if selling Matic to Manure Urinated is a good deal for Chelsea?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by SmartyPants(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ximenez:
Those deals are imminent, Bakayoko will undergo medical next week, then Alex sandro will follow suit.

I think an article like this is best done after or at worst while the deals are being concluded. So many stories in the media are just the figment of someone's creative imagination.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
SmartyPants:

I think an article like this is best done after or at worst while the deals are being concluded. So many stories in the media are just the figment of someone's creative imagination.
you are right, but these deals are more feasible than the rumor of Mbappe to Arsenal for £89m. There's no chance of that happening in seven hells.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by olapink: 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
@op who told you Manchester United and Chelsea is the most successful club in England? Manchester United yes. Chelsea no. check ur facts well b4 writing. ..

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by basilake9: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
This is a stupid question that I'm sure was posted by a Chelsea fan. It has not been confirmed anywhere that man utd has bought matic, neither has babayoko been bought by Chelsea. So I won't answer such a silly question.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by dtrend(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=StepTwo post=58021032]Sorry, who see where Ben Ayade keep Cross River workers Salary?
in his bathroom
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by nobleblood: 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
Its a Chelsea fan writeup. Always trying to pair themselves up with the very best. Whereas in reality, their trophy cabinet is full if dust.

Garbage!

Two of the most successfully club in England my green, white, green assess...
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by chijokz(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
googlepikins:
Gunners for life. tongue tongue tongue
Shut up my friend...Who mentioned useless Arsenal?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by chijokz(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Freiden:

Matic cant do shiiiiii

That's like saying Fellaini would come back to hurt Everton. 100% impossible.

Matic is Fellaini 2.0 and for £40M...Conte is the wise one and Chelsea got the best deal.

I concur bro.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by fidelism: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sammyramires:
It is no longer a news that in anticipation of the new footballing season a lot of football fans all across the globe are either found discussing about their clubs new acquisition or seeing advising their club scouts on what player they would want in their team.
However, reports have shown that hardly will a team sign on a player based on fans demand. Rather they sign players that they believed fits in to their system.

Meanwhile, as we await the commencement of the new season, the news making the round is between the two of the most successful clubsides in England, Manchester United and Chelsea and two of the most successful Coaches Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte.

Last season notably saw Antonio Conte and Chelsea dominated the league week in week out and was confirmed the champions elect with two matches to spare.

In other hand, Jose Mourinho and Manchester United had what some football pundits called "Not Too Good Season", but still went ahead to win 3 Trophies, namely Community Shield, EFL and UEFA Europa League.

JOSE MOURINHO VS ANTONIO CONTE

JOSE MOURINHO

After his clean sweep of Portuguese Domestic Titles and his triumph in 2004 UCL final over Monaco Mourinho moved to
Chelsea the following year and won the Premier League title with a record 95 points, the club's first league title in 50 years, and the League Cup in his first season. In his second year, Chelsea retained the Premier League and in 2006/07 he took the club to an FA Cup and League Cup double.

Mourinho left Chelsea in September 2007, amidst reports of a rift with club owner Roman Abramovich. In 2008, Mourinho moved to Serie A club
Internazionale. Within three months he had won his first Italian honour, the Supercoppa Italiana , and completed the season by winning the Serie A title.

In 2009/10 season, Inter became the first Italian club to win the treble of Serie A, Coppa Italia and the Champions League, also the first time Inter had won the latter competition since 1965.
He is one of only five coaches to have won the European Cup with two different teams, along with Ernst Happel, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Jupp Heynckes and Carlo Ancelotti. He won the first ever FIFA World Coach of the Year Award in 2010.

After the Portuguese manager left Inter Milan, he signed with Real Madrid in 2010, winning the Copa del Rey in his first season. The following year, he won the La Liga and became the fifth coach, after Tomislav Ivić, Ernst Happel, Giovanni Trapattoni and Eric Gerets , to have won league titles in at least four different countries: Portugal, England, Italy and Spain.

After leaving Madrid in June 2013, Mourinho returned to England to manage Chelsea for a second spell, during which they won another league championship, but was sacked on 17 December 2015, after a poor run of results left Chelsea just outside the relegation zone.

However, following several months out of the game after losing his job at Chelsea for the second time, Mourinho was confirmed as the new manager of Manchester United on 27 May 2016.

Due to his tactical knowledge, charismatic but also very controversial personality, and what his opponents regard as emphasis on getting results over playing beautiful football, he is often seen, by both admirers and critics, as the successor of former Argentine manager Helenio Herrera.

ANTONIO CONTE

Playing as a midfielder, Conte began his career at local club Lecce and later became one of the most decorated and influential players in the history of Juventus . He captained the team and won the UEFA Champions League, as well as 5
Serie A titles, among other honours.

He also played for the Italian national team and was a participant at the 1994 FIFA World Cup and the
2000 UEFA European Championship, where, on both occasions, the Italians finished runners-up.

However, his managerial career started in the year 2006, leading
Bari to the 2008–09 Serie B title, and Siena to promotion from the same division two years later.

He then took over at Juventus in 2011, where he implemented a 3–5–2 formation and won three consecutive Serie A titles, before taking charge of the Italian national team in 2014 until the UEFA Euro 2016 campaign.

Furthermore, he became the current manager of Chelsea in April 2016 and led them to the Premier League title in his first season in charge.

CHELSEA VS MANCHESTER UNITED TRANSFER

TIEMOUÉ BAKAYOKO

Was born on the 17th of August 1994.
He is a French professional footballer who plays for French club AS Monaco and the France national team. He plays as a defensive midfielder due to his ability to break up play, but he's considered to have all-round ability, as well as possessing physical power and athleticism.

TRANSFER FEE : £35.1 MILLION

NEMANJA MATIC

Matic was born on the 1st of August 1988.
He is a Serbian professional footballer who plays for English club Chelsea and the Serbia national team as a
defensive midfielder.
He is known for his consistent performances on the pitch and his combative style of play.

TRANSFER FEE : £40 MILLION

PUTTING ALL FACTORS INTO CONSIDERATION, BETWEEN MANCHESTER UNITED AND CHELSEA WHO GOT THE BETTER DEAL

Written By Sammyramires✍�

You insulted Manchester United and Jose by putting them in same league of success with Chelsea and Conte. For your information, there are only two successful clubs in England. Man U and others.
Conte is still learning to crawl. Don't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong! Arden
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by bizhop01: 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ximenez:
explain yourself, you mean the son came first while the father finished sixth, well maybe the father is now too old.

Is cool for the most successful one to creat a little breathing space for a premeir league begger.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by LordVoldemort(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
remember

Does that justify the 50million price tag? A goa against barca = 50M

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
bizhop01:

Is cool for the most successful one to creat a little breathing space for a premeir league begger.
That's not an excuse, Mourinho moaned through out the season, with 13 or more draws, Man U is not just capable anymore, and to think that Man U only appointed Mourinho because they also wants to make a high profile appointment in response to City signing Pep, it's just a matter of time.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
nobleblood:
Its a Chelsea fan writeup. Always trying to pair themselves up with the very best. Whereas in reality, their trophy cabinet is full if dust.

Garbage!

Two of the most successfully club in England my green, white, green assess...
Don't take it personal, we know Man U has history.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
fidelism:

You insulted Manchester United and Jose by putting them in same league of success with Chelsea and Conte. For your information, there are only two successful clubs in England. Man U and others.
Conte is still learning to crawl. Don't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong! Arden
That doesn't change the fact that Conte was better than Mou last season, Mou wasn't even close to conte, he was in sixth with 13 draws
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by RRWraith(m): 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
I see stupid assumptions and day dreaming....In the premier league Era Man utd remains the most successful club...a few years (4 years) of under performance doesn't mean we are done, We are still dominating and it will take any club at least 10 years of super performance to match our trophy record...By the way, I don't see matic coming to old Trafford....And for those berating pogba, nigggar is still one of the best midfielders.....suck it up..
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by emu22(m): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
dbynonetwork:
Please OP when we talk of successful club in England don't you ever include CHELSEA........
if Chelsea is successful then MANCHESTER UNITED is MEGA SUCCESSFUL..

UP MAN U FOR LIFE..

Na wa'what is your criteria for measuring success bros?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by fidelism: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ximenez:
That doesn't change the fact that Conte was better than Mou last season, Mou wasn't even close to conte, he was in sixth with 13 draws
Are you for real?

Europa Cup VS EPL Cup? Which is more prestigious?

Community Shield vs ***

EFL Cup vs ***

The most successful English team last season was Manchester United.
It is not the number of matches won that makes a team successful or makes a coach better. It is trophies. Ask Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham.
It was a trophy (champions league cup) that qualified Chelsea for champions league slot once upon a time. You remember what happened to the 4th team that won more matches than Chelsea that season?
If fewer wins and more draws can win you trophies and make u more successful, why win more matches and win no trophy?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by bizhop01: 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ximenez:
That's not an excuse, Mourinho moaned through out the season, with 13 or more draws, Man U is not just capable anymore, and to think that Man U only appointed Mourinho because they also wants to make a high profile appointment in response to City signing Pep, it's just a matter of time.

Yes he finished with two trophies as a king,while the follower jubilate with one consolation,
i believ you can seperate men from boys right?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
fidelism:

Are you for real?

Europa Cup VS EPL Cup? Which is more prestigious?

Community Shield vs ***

EFL Cup vs ***

The most successful English team last season was Manchester United.
It is not the number of matches won that makes a team successful or makes a coach better. It is trophies. Ask Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham.
It was a trophy (champions league cup) that qualified Chelsea for champions league slot once upon a time. You remember what happened to the 4th team that won more matches than Chelsea that season?
If fewer wins and more draws can win you trophies and make u more successful, while win more matches and win no trophy?
You are right, but Man u will have a hard time competing with Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham next season. In fact, i see Mou not winning the league for a club for the first time, and he has maximum of three seasons due to his record
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
bizhop01:

Yes he finished with two trophies as a king,while the follower jubilate with one consolation,
Three trophies, you forgot to count the charity shield,four trophies infact,cos when Man u beat Chelsea, the fans celebrated like they've won the league.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Ximenez(m): 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
bizhop01:

But you just referred to the premier league title as a consolation, but when you want to open your book of history, you'll say you've won it x20
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by fidelism: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ximenez:
You are right, but Man u will have a hard time competing with Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham next season. In fact, i see Mou not winning the league for a club for the first time, and he has maximum of three seasons due to his record
If football were science, Leicester wouldn't smell top 8 let alone wining a EPL; Chelsea, after a disgraceful spell previous season, wouldn't think of winning EPL last season.
Don't forget that 90% of Man U draws at home last season were 'winnable' matches. Drawing most of those matches were only a surprise to you. If Man U had won those matches, they would have been few points from winning the league.
Don't be too hasty to draw some conclusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glenique Frank, Transgender Winner At London Marathon Offers To Give Medal Back / Full List Of Winners At 2015 Glo CAF Awards + How Coaches Voted / UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.