Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends (2895 Views)

Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? / 10 Statements Sex Starved Guys Normally Use To Woo Ladies / 10 Unbearable Ways Broke Guys Normally Treat Their Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by tosyne2much(m): 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
Marriage proposals are a huge deal. You are making a pre-commitment to surrender yourself to a lady for the rest of your life. It's a phase when you surrender bachelorhood for fatherhood in promising to raise children with her and remain faithful to her in all things. Since it’s such a big deal, you need to go about it the right way, which entails being original and true to yourself and knowing your bride-to-be very well, rather than a public exhibition of stupidity and all sorts of irrelevant dramas just to subject a lady to ulterior shock and perhaps, trend on social media.

However, marriage proposal is now a form of competition where broke guys go out of their ways in order to feel among, and below are the places broke guys normally propose to their girlfriends cheesy

1. Whatsapp

I don't understand why a guy cannot stand in the presence of the one lady he claims to love to express his intent, rather than do it on Whatsapp of all places. This barbaric act is very common with broke guys since they cannot afford to propose to a lady at exotic places. They subscribe to Whatsapp monthly plan of 10MB and will use it to propose to their girlfriends on Whatsapp call, OLX, Facebook, Snapchat, 2go, Badoo, etc cheesy

2. Public Transport

It's mildly embarrassing to see guys proposing to their girlfriends in danfo buses, keke napep, BRT buses, molue. In fact, some guys are broke yet confident that they can woo and propose to a random lady on okada. This is one of the ways broke guys normally propose to ladies

3. In the Bedroom

I want us to know that it's not every guy that can afford to propose to a lady at Shoprite, Silverbird cinema or Elegushi. And as a commissioner for broke guys on social media, many will agree with me (Tosyne2much) that some of us will rather propose to our girlfriends on a low key in our one face-to-face apartment in order to avoid public mockery and embarrassment.

4. At Beer Palour

At funny as it sounds, those who are broke and are battling with low self esteem will first get drunk at a local restaurant for morale boosting before proposing to their girlfriends. This is usually due to the fear of rejection but after gulping ten bottles of beer and two plates of nkwobi, they get drunk and begin to propose to her publicly.

5. At the Roadside/ Bus Stop

To some people, you will not have a successful marriage in as much as you haven't put your girlfriend on the spot by staging a drama and popping the question in front of family, friends and enemies. Some of us must have witnessed at least a guy who proposed to his girlfriend at Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Iyana-Ipaja bus stop, Alaba international market, Ladipo market, etc; and other places dominated by thugs/area boys.

6. Market Places

I know a guy in my area who got the shock of his life when his girlfriend turned down his proposal and walked out on him simply because he proposed to her in a market place. She felt embarrassed and quickly took the next available okada when her boyfriend proposed to her in a place where pepper, tomatoes, ponmo, locus beans are sold. When the guy was made the subject of laughter by people who witnessed the scenario, he told them not to blame him that he was broke and that was what he could afford to do.

7. At People's Party

Broke guys are naturally smart people and can steal other people's show just to create attention for themselves. Since they can't afford to make an elaborate marriage proposal, they will steal other people show by proposing to their girlfriends when they see that the places is crowded so that the attention will be diverted to them. Some of them will even take their marriage proposal pictures with Sagem or Alcatel phone cheesy

8. At Funeral

As funny as it sounds, some broke guys can propose to their girlfriends where people are mourning the death of their loved one. This has once happened in Ojuelegba where a guy was beaten to pulp and handed over to the police for proposing at a funeral.

9. At NYSC Camp

Many will agree with Tosyne2much that another place broke guys normally propose to their girlfriend is NYSC camp ground. The moment they meet their future partner in camp, they make it seem like a joke and will propose to her even though they only survive by their monthly alawi being offered by federal government.

10. Election Ground/ Polling Booth

Last year we saw the story of a guy who proposed to his girlfriend at a polling booth since that's what he can afford. This is usually common with APC supporters cheesy

I drop my pencil at this juncture

Feel free to add yours

Written by: Tosyne2much

Curled from http://www.tosyne2much.com/2017/07/marriage-proposals-are-huge-deal.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Victornezzar: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
Bros bros dem kidnap u
Been a while we saw ur posts grin
But Tosyne2much dis 1 u added funeral....is dat wer u proposed 2 ur gf

1 Like

Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by McBrooklyn(m): 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
But why person go dey propose to him babe for another person funeral?? I'm weak yo cry

Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by McBrooklyn(m): 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
grin
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by lalanice(f): 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
shocked who hacked tosyne2much's account
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
At shekpe joint

Awon Eyan evans paracetamol
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by MrDandy(m): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Funeral ?
in papa kalems voice* eeh aye mi, temi bami!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Rapmoney(m): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tosyne, you dor come again! grin
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by ikeepitreal(m): 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
i can't even afford the proposal sef
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by SirMichael1: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
lalanice:

So his account has to be hacked before he posts right? undecided
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Cholls(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
my brother you can lieeeee
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Omotayor123(f): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Funeral shocked shocked The one who propose at Funeral isn't Broke But Crazy! grin grin
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by SirMichael1: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tosyne2much, ebi like say your head have knock abi?

This your list seem almost unbelievable especially the whatsapp and the funeral part cheesy

Any babe wey accept any of these proposals na craze person... Forget slay queen matter o, this one na life (forever) engagement and it has to be done well, even if he has to burrow the money self

I just dey imagine the kind ring wey the guy go use propose self... 'Made with lather' grin

If you accept a proposal on whatsapp without a ring, then your head don 'knock'

1 Like

Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Funeral
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by ikp120(m): 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
I'm doing a girl a favour by marrying her, so all these proposal trash na wash. In fact, marriage na wash!

Na for toilet me go propose.

As I dey release that fat shît, I go ask her to enter the toilet and kneel down in from of me. Then I go ask her if she wants me to marry her. Of course she go say yes. Then I go give her ring to wear and ask her to clean my ass before she leave the toilet. grin grin grin

I'm doing a girl a favour by marrying her. tongue tongue

Me kneel to propose to a girl? Abeg why not tell me that I will be the first man to reach Neptune? Mtcheeeew angry angry
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by tosyne2much(m): 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
SirMichael1:
Tosyne2much, ebi like say your head have knock abi?

This your list seem almost unbelievable especially the whatsapp and the funeral part cheesy
Look at you sha! I proposed to my financee on whatsapp and today, we are married with two kids cool
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Victornezzar: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
Look at you sha! I proposed to my financee on whatsapp and today, we are married with two kids cool
Pictures of dem or adonbilivit grin
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by rill: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
SHRINE
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by tosyne2much(m): 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
lalanice:
Nobody kuku hacked my account. I'm still the same person cheesy
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
Smiles!! cheesy

I can relate.

Money don yab me finish cry

1 Like

Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by ClassCaptain(m): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
Funke grin
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by SirMichael1: 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
tosyne2much:

If you have two kids, I will be boasting of having grandchildren grin

Shebi you for propose for facebook na, so we all we know you're officially broke and when your babies come forth, we will say 'See that broke guy pikin for there'

The lady wey agree to you self no serious grin
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
5,3 and 2 for me grin
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by jashar(f): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
grin grin angry
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by SirMichael1: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove, obinoscopy and seun, where did you propose to your wife? In the beer parlour? tongue
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
No 7 just reminded me of Eva and her scissors boyfriend.
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by stGabrielo(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
sad sad grrr,I wan propose on BRT before since you've break my jaws now, na dangote private jet we dey go....bet me.. wink
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
grin

Before they use SKYPE to propose grin

Meehn..these magaz juz shift to whatsapp or LINE abi? And wat even worst is tat they will juz send msg to propose instead having video call coz even data they cud hardly afford..

Too many pretenders everywhere..

Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
is this why diddy said no?

Only tosyn go do thread like this grin grin grin
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by SirMichael1: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Before they use SKYPE to propose grin

Meehn..these magaz juz shift to whatsapp or LINE abi? And wat even worst is tat they will juz send msg to propose instead having video call coz even data they cud hardly afford..

Too many pretenders everywhere..

Hey lass, why did you back out? Couldn't argue again?? Common, I thought you had it in you. Poor you cheesy
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
hahaha tosyne..Mr 10 things, ,,.you said @ burial...??
broke guys don't have nerves to face a lady to profess love..but will have the strength and gut far way greater than that of John cena on a faceless forum to spew how he became a CEO
at a very tender age..lol,,,
Re: 10 Places Broke Guys Normally Propose To Their Girlfriends by naijaboiy: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Is this for real or a comic relief? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE Neymar And His Beautiful Model Girlfriend, Bruna Marquezine Romantic PHOTOS / Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? / Collection Of Latest Trending Ankara Long Gown Styles For Plus Size

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.