Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty (19953 Views)

"Abacha Buried 500 Human Heads In Aso Rock; Yahaya Jameh Caused Buhari Illness" / Buhari’s Illness Delaying APC Convention – Governor Abdulaziz Yari / Buhari’s Illness Worsens, Will No Longer Return To Nigeria Soon, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by jaykaylegend(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2017
ogologoamu:

Go back and read the post again. Their letters of credence was addresd to Buhari only and not to Osibanjo or the acting president.

Dude, an acting president can sign on anything on behalf of the federal government no matter who it is addressed to..

Go pick up a copy of the constitution and confirm..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by nkwuocha: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2017
Baba may not be alive. It's either he is dead,or in full oxygen support.
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Abfinest007(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2017
pls don't let fayose hear this oh if he does buhari will be in soup

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by nkwuocha: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2017
jaykaylegend:
Dude, an acting president can sign on anything on behalf of the federal government no matter who it is addressed to..

If that's the case, what then is causing the present delay? The cabals?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2017
madridguy:
Wishing Sai Baba speedy death, burial and hell fire.
Fixed

The ediat should go and die and leave the living alone... How can a dead man be holding us to ransom

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by prolove22(m): 10:15am On Jul 02, 2017
Irony of this govt is that we are no longer praying for Buhari to fulfill his campaign promises; we are praying for Buhari to stay alive.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2017
...the chicken has come home to roost.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by highmood(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2017
ogologoamu:

Their problem is how a southern Christian will take over from them again. If Buhari is not completely incapacitated, let them visit him and upload the pics to the world as they did the last time he went for medicals in the UK. I thought that OUK and Aisha has visited him, let them show us the pics of such visitations. Nigeria is in the hands of cowards and backward thinkers.
where is Prof. Wole Soyinka when you need him?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by pengriffix: 10:38am On Jul 02, 2017
Is this man still alive!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Paperwhite(m): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2017
Just imagine how Buhari chose to continue not to embarrass himself but the sovereignty of this nation.This is a national embarrassment for God's sake.Where're those his foolish zombies that said he has delegated authority to his vice? So why can't the VP receive the ambassadors hence continue to strain our diplomatic relationship with the affected countries I still say may it never be well with anyone that has a hand in this catastrophe of a president

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by BLEENKY1(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2017
OSIBANJO ALL THE WAY TILL 2027
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by jaykaylegend(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2017
nkwuocha:

If that's the case, what then is causing the present delay? The cabals?
Most Probably, Nigeria is one fu*ked up country

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Bobby808: 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Caseless:
So, the envoys are so dull to know we have somebody is in acting capacity with all constitutional power right? Those already here should also go back since buhari is not around cos it takes buhari for new ones to come.
Useless report!
Imagine this quota dullest dey call other so dull yet you cannot read the part that says, the letters are addressed to the sicking sicker Buhari.
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by ezteem(m): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
You know what?

Every Nairalander that voted for Buhari will die before Tuesday. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Ukalejohn(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] isn't this old man dead already
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Arisheloaded(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
Baba Buhari - La bahsa tohur In Shaa Allah. You will come back to meet us in peace by Allah's grace. I love you for Allah's sake.
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Arisheloaded(m): 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Baba Buhari - La bahsa tohur In Shaa Allah. You will come back to meet us in peace by Allah's grace.

I love you for Allah's sake.

God bless Nigeria.

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by blessedken92: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
The destiny of a great nation rest on the shoulder of sick bed ridden man. His name is Buhari. Buhari please resign.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by PDPGuy: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
The headline of this post is absolute bollocks. Acting President Osinbajo, by virtue of the powers vested in him by section 145 of the constitution, has assumed ALL the powers of a substantive president.

So, there is no hindrance to Nigerian ambassadors or foreign ambassadors in performing their respective official duties.
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Master19: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
ogologoamu:

Go back and read the post again. Their letters of credence was addresd to Buhari only and not to Osibanjo or the acting president.

I get your point but was the letter addressed to him on a personal note or as the president of a nation? if it was addressed to him as the president, then who ever that is acting on his behalf has constitutional right to discharge his duties.

P.S
That's an official letter not a personal one.
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by WOCKHARDI(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
Please is the the letter addressed to :

Your Excellency, Mr Buhari

OR

Your Excellency, Mr President

Just asking.
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by PDJT: 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
-Lol. Those who christened Nigeria : a Zoo , were really pulling their punches. I think Nigeria is worse than that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by sapele914(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
ogologoamu:

Was the accreditation letter addressed to Muhammadu Buhari in a personal capacity or to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
I am tired of talking about Mr. Buhari. I have made peace with the fact that I have been duped. Time to face more important matters
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 03, 2017
It was gathered that their letters of credence were specifically addressed to Buhari hence the inability of the ambassadors -designate to present them to Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.

Isz like all the typists in Abuja are lazy!!!!
Meanwhile I thought we had an Acting President
Or is there any proof that he might truly be a mere commissioner cum coordinator?!
Nigeria grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by amarilo: 12:56am On Jul 03, 2017
jaykaylegend:

Then why did PYO not sign the letter? Are you suggesting he is not acting president?
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by orisa37: 3:32am On Jul 03, 2017
Address their Letters to Osinbajo or keep off meanwhile.
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by obamabinladen(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2017
jaykaylegend:

My dear you don't have a constitution, what you have is a written down laws forced on Nigerians by the military. If you think that it is that easy, let Osibanjo accept and work on such letter and see him bn impeached by the cabals.
Re: Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty by obamabinladen(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2017
sapele914:
Was the accreditation letter addressed to Muhammadu Buhari in a personal capacity or to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

The letter of credence was specifically addressed to Buhari hence the inability of PYO to act on the letter. Go back and read the post.

What they should do is to readdress the letter to empower PYO to act on it. I think they're trying to set traps for PYO in order to impeach him but the dude is erudite.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu: Lawrence Eze Decamps Back To PDP, Received By Governor / I Stand With Wike, Says Ortom / Even Southwest Has Rejected You, PDP Tells Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.