Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,287 members, 7,954,144 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:04 PM

12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith (9240 Views)

Let's Identify The Ways Satan Fight Christian Faith And Profer Solutions / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by shadeyinka(m): 8:16am On Jul 02, 2017
chubinwa:

atheism is nt a religion. bt a disbelieve in d existence of any deity or religion

Atheism is the religion where "Self" is the god and hence no code of conduct.
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by gGGODDd(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Op don't bother ursef with those questions. stop paying attention to a rubbish practice. christianity a practice 4 d delusional, ignorant, foolish, hypocritical dumb pple. The bible d black pple r carryin today sunday is a book that endorses slavery. slavery of non isrealites. Today again black children will b told bout stories of sum middle east muthafuckas dey aint know. Today is d day of delusion, d day foolishness is openly n proudly practiced by adults including d rich n poor. A religion of noise n scam. d stories of killings of d innocents in d bible r more dan d killings islamic militias av done. d foolish idiots may now pick up thier book of delusion n go exhibit foolishness like kneeling down b4 ur fellow mortal. let dem keep worshippin while we keep adventuring d large universe. ignorant elements shud set thensef free of the mental slavery. that bible is a chain in disguise

4 Likes

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 02, 2017
malvisguy212:
and atheism is the right religion.
Atheism religion

Are you smoking something bro?

1 Like

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by MrMontella(m): 8:19am On Jul 02, 2017
MzEddytan:

that is why am very proud to be specific by mentioning Christianity. so that is enough to differentiate among us.
okay.
Doesn't make you right tho.
have a nice day.
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2017
Got no time today for "Is there God" argument pal. Just run with whatever you wanna run with okay. That's your problem not mine. smiley

hopefulLandlord:
hsbshThis is fallacy of false equivalence

Doctors and scientists don't claim to be omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient and omnibelevolent like you Christians claim, if they were believe me No one would be sick, now try again

Not only must your god bear the blame for hell, he must bear the blame for every evil act in the history of the world since as an all-knowing and all-powerful being he would have seen every evil act that men would ever do before he even created the world. And in seeing that it would be like this and no other way unless he created it in a different manner, he, of his own free will created it knowing full well all the evil that would ever be done. Of course believers will say no, no, no, and fall back on the old and lame "he gave man free will" defense which is the most pathetic excuse in the history of the world since it's obvious that what their God failed to give us to go along with the free will is better judgment. Instead he made us one step above chimpanzees but seems to expect us to behave like angels; the good ones, not the ones that rebelled so they could bed the daughters of men. Now there's a story for ya. he created man sick then commanded them to be well
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by delivryboy: 8:23am On Jul 02, 2017
ExInferis:
Christianity created its own problems.

No religion is as confused on its deities as christianity.

1. God is one. No, god is 3. But in the beginning there was only one.

2. god is omnipotent, but he needed 6 days to create the universe, and needed a whole day to rest his frail mortal husk as he was winded from all that awesome creatin'.

3. Jesus is god. No jesus is the son of god.

4. god sent his only (mis)begotten son to die, even though god is jesus, and jesus knew about god's (his?) plan to get crucified on earth. But hold on, why is jesus, who's also god (remember?) wailing for god to save him when the romans were closing in?
"eli eli lama sabachthani "

5. jesus prayed to god and says god is his father. But you don't pray to god, oh no. You pray to jesus. Cause jesus is god. But god is also jesus' father. And the holy spirit is also god. But jesus is not the holy spirit. And the holy spirit is not god's son. Who made the holy spirit again? And was it a duet before jesus was born by mortal mary?
Everyone would avoid this comment like a plague, just observe.

Damn.

Christianity is just a massive mindfuck.

Even buddhists and idol worshippers have straightened out their deities' origin story.

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Melonny(m): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2017
I was indifferent about religion until events unfold and I needed something or someone to give me confidence,guide me and more. I chose God!
No regrets whatsoever.
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by lakezone67(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2017
ExInferis:

2. god is omnipotent, but he needed 6 days to create the universe, and needed a whole day to rest his frail mortal husk as he was winded from all that awesome creatin'.

4. god sent his only (mis)begotten son to die, even though god is jesus, and jesus knew about god's (his?) plan to get crucified on earth. But hold on, why is jesus, who's also god (remember?) wailing for god to save him when the romans were closing in?

5. jesus prayed to god and says god is his father. But you don't pray to god, oh no. You pray to jesus. Cause jesus is god. But god is also jesus' father. And the holy spirit is also god. But jesus is not the holy spirit. And the holy spirit is not god's son. Who made the holy spirit again? And was it a duet before jesus was born by mortal mary?

Damn.

Even buddhists and idol worshippers have straightened out their deities' origin story.

You are an incorrigible confused confusionist
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Airforce52: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2017
sodsak:
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise.If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this?

We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes,blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!!Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers?

Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewhere?Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed?Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed?

How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened

And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god?

What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god! What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it!He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood!Then he got out of the womb as a small baby,weak and gaping to be breastfed!

He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in Is this a god??!!
You misunderstand the bible which makes me assume you are an atheist or your church doesn't teach the word of God
Jesus is the SON of God and no their power did not subjugate his for it was the will of The father for his only begotten son to be crucified to pay the price for mankind. Jesus himself knew his mission on earth.
You say he drank and ate do you think it would've been normal to see a human being who doesn't eat or drink he had to behave normally to bring his message to those who needed it

1 Like

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 02, 2017
A very confused religion is Christianity
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Maeka(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2017
BE VERY CAREFL, DONT IN THE NAME OF TRYING TO GAIN ATTN, BLASFIRM AGAINST JESUS CHRIST, YOU WILL BORN IN HELL AND THERE WILL BE NO IMMUNITY FOR YOU...PUBLIC MEDIA HAS NOT CALL FOR THIS NONSESNCE YOU POSTED...NO BODY WILL ENTER ALJANNA WITHOUT ISA (JESUS CHRIST).
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by nairalee(m): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2017
The answer is very simple but I don't know why people refuse to see it... GOD IS OMNIPOTENT BUT HAS GIVEN MAN FREEWILL (I give u this day life and death but I advise you choose life)
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by obehi231(m): 9:37am On Jul 02, 2017
No doubt questions that has been relevant from time immemorial..... as a born again christian , i have found answers to these and any other doubts u may have concernin the christian faith. The answers are found in that book called the BIBLE, yes the BIBLE; most religion refer to it as that book, becos it contains the message of truth and has answers to all life questions, it will lead u to fellowship with the father which is his ultimate desire. It would be easier if u are a born again christian (A topic for anoda day), that is acceptin Jesus Christ the son of God as ur lord, this is becos after that, the father will send the holy spirit into ur life that will teach u all things.... he will help u understand the BIBLE. I don't want to dwell much on this so it will not seem as if i'm forcin christianity on anyone, so the answer to the questions is contained in the BIBLE. wherever u re, whatever religion u practice, study the BIBLE, and i pray God will help u understand.
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by GodsMopol: 9:52am On Jul 02, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
When it comes to God and Christianity do you have questions? Nearly everyone does–believers and unbelievers alike. Have you ever wished for a concise, understandable response that will satisfy both the mind and the heart?
I do have questions, but I eventually get answers to my prayer, even the mind buggling ones

ADEWUMIMichael:
It is amazing how many times people ask questions that they think no one else has asked and certainly no one has ever answered.
Nothing to say on this

ADEWUMIMichael:
Here you will find the twelve questions most often asked about the Christian faith, and responses to each of them. There are three levels of answers: the return question (which helps get to the heart of the issue), a one-minute response (which is about all the time one has when discussing these questions with others) and, finally, a prolonged response (often with suggested sources if you want to go deeper on that issue).
I see no amswes here

ADEWUMIMichael:
1. How do you know there is a God?
Well, I would also ask, how do you know there is no God.

ADEWUMIMichael:
2. How can there be a God when there is so much evil and suffering in the world?
There are evils on earth because satan is the ruler of this world, and if we don't pray as rightful owners of the earth through Adam, God won't do anything. Man died and the evil is the result of mans death, Jesus came to give us life

ADEWUMIMichael:
3. How can you reconcile belief in God with science and especially evolution?
God recreated the earth after He destroyed it, Gen 1:28 said, be fruitful, multiply anf replenish, check out what replenish means, so God did that to the earth

ADEWUMIMichael:
4. How can you trust the Bible?
Jesus trusted the Bible and this was what Jesus preached, so if Jesus preach this Bible, evidently I trust it.

ADEWUMIMichael:
5. What about all the hypocrites in the church?
There was an hypocrite among the followers of Jesus, its not new

ADEWUMIMichael:
6. How do you reconcile God’s sovereignty with man’s freedom?
Gods sovereignty is expressed through man. God gave the earth to man and man is still the tenant on earth, until Adams rent expire

ADEWUMIMichael:
7. How can a loving God send people to Hell?
God does not delight in sending people to hell, hell is just the consequence of our action, Adam brought it upon all men, all men would perish if Jesus never came, like I said, its still part of the death that came upon man when he ate the fruit

ADEWUMIMichael:
8. How can any rational person believe in the Trinity?
Trinity is not biblical, but my idea of Trinity is, Union, three person in union, what one agrees on, all agrees on

ADEWUMIMichael:
9. How do Christians get off saying their religion is the only one?
Jesus is the way, expressly stated, the only way, no other way

ADEWUMIMichael:
10. Don’t all religions lead to the same God?
Not all roads leads to my house, some road leads you outside the city.

ADEWUMIMichael:
11. What about those who have never heard?
Our assignment is to preach, thanks to those who persecuted the church in historical Christianity

ADEWUMIMichael:
12. Isn’t everything relative?
Relative, I don't understand

1 Like

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by STEVENcrack(m): 9:56am On Jul 02, 2017
I have a simple question for the AETHEIST here. the chick � or the egg which one existed first?
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by KENFERDYOORI(m): 10:04am On Jul 02, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
When it comes to God and Christianity do you have questions? Nearly everyone does–believers and unbelievers alike. Have you ever wished for a concise, understandable response that will satisfy both the mind and the heart?

It is amazing how many times people ask questions that they think no one else has asked and certainly no one has ever answered.

Here you will find the twelve questions most often asked about the Christian faith, and responses to each of them. There are three levels of answers: the return question (which helps get to the heart of the issue), a one-minute response (which is about all the time one has when discussing these questions with others) and, finally, a prolonged response (often with suggested sources if you want to go deeper on that issue).

2. How can there be a God when there is so much evil and suffering in the world?

reallifeboston.com/wordpress/resources/12-questions-people-ask-about-the-christian-faith/

Let's take them sequentially:
1. It's evident in created things
2. Evil and suffering are contingent. They're transient.
3. The 'how' that Evolutionism fails to explain, creationism explains. Thus both are saying similar things in different ways.
4. Because it's existential and contextual
5. The Church continues to strive towards perfection (It's both for saints and sinners)
6. Man's freedom removed from his creator is disguised bondage. Thus, the essence of man's freedom is in God's sovereignty.
7. We're created and given freewill; our failure to choose good isn't God's fault. The end result of such is hell.
8. It's a mystery, it's not within the province of rationalism but metaphysics (spiritualism)
9. Any Christian who says such is a fanatic. "Only one" is different from "Only true one. "
10. Can't argue that, haven't studied/practised every religion yet
11. Ignorance to an extent reduces the level of culpability
12. Apparently not! Some are but lack universal/objective validity
—My little opinion though.... Thanks!
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by malvisguy212: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2017
chubinwa:

atheism is nt a religion. bt a disbelieve in d existence of any deity or religion
are you really sure that God does not exist ? if you don't have evidence that God does not exist, then that is one giant leap of faith.
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by ENGANI(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:
Christianity is as fake as Islam
An animist spotted
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by ENGANI(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2017
ExInferis:

Damn.

Chai! This one weak me, lemme faint
ExInferis:

Damn.

ExInferis:

Damn.

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Augustap(f): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:
Will you keep kwayet? angry
Because you can't see God, doesn't mean He does not exist. There are many brain racking stuffs brought abt by science, though we don't or can't see or fully comprehend them but we believe it. It's not ur place to decide which religion is fake or not, just do what seems right to you.
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by ENGANI(m): 11:26am On Jul 02, 2017
ExInferis:

Damn.

Chai! This one weak me by saying the truth lemme faint
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Collyno82(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:
if there is fake, there must original. so which religion is original n real if I may ask
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2017

Is there God?‎

Answers::‎

1. Psalm 83:18. "That people may know that you whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth". 

More so, Psalm 100:3 says
 "Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who mad us and We belong to him". 

Hebrew 3:4 also says "Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God". 

2. Why does God permit suffering?‎

Answers::
Romans 5:12 "Through one man sin entered ‎into the World and death through sin, and death spread to all men because they had all sinned_". 

1 John 3:8 "For this purpose the son of God(Jesus Christ) was made manifest. To break up the works of the devil."

1 John 5:19 "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." 

Job 34:10 says ‎ "It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, for the Almighty to do wrong"

James 1:13: "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God. 'For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone". ‎

3. ‎Is the bible compactable  with Science?

Answers:

Ecclesiasties 1:7 "All the streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is not full. To the place from which the streams flow, there they return so as to flow again."-that's the bible describing wat scientist calls water circles.  ‎
Job 26:7 "He stretches out the northern sky over empty space, suspending the earth upon nothing." That's the scripture describing the universe. 
Isaiah 40:22 "There is one who dwells above the circle of the earth."-The bible describing the shape of the earth long before scientists discovers it. 

4.   ‎How can one trust the bible?

Answers::‎

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching."
Exodus 24:4 "Moses wrote down all the words of Jehovah."
1 Thessalonians 2:13‎ "When you received God's word, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God." also compare Daniel 7:1. 

5. What about hypocrites in God's house?

Answers:
 ‎1 John 4:1-3 " Test the inspired expression to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world. You gain the knowledge of. The inspire expression from God by this: Every inspired that confesses Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God, but every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God."
Matthew 7:21-23: "Not everyone saying to me, Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name... ? And yet then I will confess to them: I never knoew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness."
Psalms 15.  clearly outlines the qualities needed for one to be truly God's friend.
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by Collyno82(m): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
ExInferis:

Damn.

Psalms 14 vs 1
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by isaaczik: 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
My brother i read your post and some feedback from some friends and i feel to make some things clear to you.

If you posted this for clarity and education sake, please take a little time to read through my feedback.

1. How do you know there is a God?:

Answer: If you look at the heaven rather sky you will see how high it is, it is like a roof over all the earth but there is no foundation or pillars holding it, does it marvel you? There is somebody that holds it, His name is God.

If you think of how you sleep and loose consciousness of the world but comes back at the right time the next day, does it marvel you? Is God that keeps your time to sleep and wake up.

When you pick the sand on the ground and try to look at it, what material it made of, but it grows every plant, does it marvel you? the maker is God?

Your environment will always convince you that there is God.

Answer: If you will think appropriately, you will believe me that evil is the work of man's disobedience to God's laws: God said seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and every other things will come your way, man disobeys Him by seeking other things forsaking righteousness. The blessings of God comes without sorrows while the disobedience to God gives satan chances to operate and torment men with evil and sorrows.

But 2 Peter 2 vs 9, says that God has reserved the ungodly for the day of Judgement to be punished, God's timing is different from ours.

Answer:
Before Science and evolution come, the word of God has been in existence. Genesis said that the earth in upon the waters, science has concord that the earth in on the waters.
The Bible said that the word of God is holding the world and science has proved that the world is hanging on nothing but on the invisible word of God. Evolution itself is assumptions, hypotheses that has no prove.

Answer:
God in generations has been communicating to his handmade through my ways: signs, dreams, words, writings.
He told Moses to write down everything he has shown him for generations under him to read and obey so that they will be successful in the land and any or every disobedience against the word of God receives it corresponding reward that can even lead to death.

Answer:
Hypocrites is know an pretending. Pretending or hypocrites is every where. prophets, pastors and teachers teach against it. Many have repented of it while coming to church.

Answer:
Sovereignty means that God is Omnieverything, power, intelligent and not under anything it. It does not mean that God is a manipulator. The love for God should be out of freewill. If you love God freely then you are worth being called the son of God and you will enjoy his fatherhood.

Answer:
Every act of disobedience to God and His word has a reward. The reward of God is not spontaneous but you can not bear it. He wrath is as big as His goodness. He prepared heaven for man, and if man freely reject God, he has chosen the hell which is prepared for the disobedience of God.

Answer:
The word rational might mean right thinking person. Is it rational for man to believe that he can know the composition of God? Can you know the committee of God. Rational man believe God even when it is confusing to him. If you want to know everything about God, the devil will take that opportunity and derail you.

Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness.

Answer:
There is Lagos but not all ways lead to Lagos, so is heaven.

Answer:
There is Lagos but not all ways lead to Lagos, so is heaven.

Answer:
The nature teaches them about God. Meanwhile God is the right and perfect Judge.

Answer:
The things of God has rules and procedures and is not relative. Obedience to God word and confession of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour brings your salvation.

I know that these little opinions can assist you, you will understand some mysteries of God when you study the Bible the more. Also meet mature people in the faith and they will help you.

you can call me and i will help you 08033482291.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by bahaushe1: 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
lakezone67:

You are an incorrigible confused confusionist
Why not just address the issues he raised instead of writing him up like that. We may benefit from your answers.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by sfinkzslot(m): 11:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

1. Ps 14:1

2. Gen 6:5

3. Gen 1:1-31

4. 2 Tim 3:16

5. Jn 8:7, Lk 6:37

6. Deut 30:19

7. 2 Peter 2:4-9

8. 2 Cor 13:14, Isa 55:8-9

9. John 14:6

10. Prov 14:12

11. Matt 24:14

12. 2 Cor 6:14
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by sayad009: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2017

(1) God manifests Himself. (2a) evil and suffering have got their purposes. (2b) evil and suffering are also results of sins/wrongdoings of man (3) belief in God and evolution are not at variance (4) I can trust d Bible by its proofs ... (5) hypocrites in church fulfil prophecies (6) man's freedom is an offshoot of God's sovereignty (7) hell is d result of one's action through negative influence (cool Trinity can be understood through d 'oneness' of d chemical composition of water, ice, vapour... H2O (9) Not understood (10) religion doesn't lead to God... (11) those that have never heard will certainly hear whether in this world or hereafter (12) not clear
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by gaskiyamagana: 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:
MrMontella or MrMongolier?
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by MrMontella(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

MrMontella or MrMongolier?
i Believe you ain't blind
Re: 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith by MrMontella(m): 9:37am On Jul 03, 2017
Collyno82:
if there is fake, there must original. so which religion is original n real if I may ask
I will respond to this if you can show me the original superman or original Spiderman

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Hijab Can Decieve You... / Christ Embassy: Concealed Sex Scandal Exposed / Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.