Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 (2000 Views)

3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car / Need Help From Auto Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by Surajudeen8: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2017
Hi everyone,

Please I need your candid advice on whether or not it is practicable to convert my Highlander from automatic transmission to manual. It has a v6 4wd engine with auxiliary. It has been given me serious problems. My mechanic has suggested that I changed it to 10 pin from 13 pin. I did but it is still having issues. I'm just tired of the whole thing and I'm considering changing the whole transmission to manual. Please has anyone done that before? Is it doable? What could be the pros and cons?

Many thanks.

Siraj
Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by torres89: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2017
complex problems always have the simplest solutions
get a good mechanic
and restore to manufacturers default...

3 Likes

Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by Nutase: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2017
Sell it sir. That's the best you can do for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2017
Surajudeen8:
Hi everyone,

Please I need your candid advice on whether or not it is practicable to convert my Highlander from automatic transmission to manual. It has a v6 4wd engine with auxiliary. It has been given me serious problems. My mechanic has suggested that I changed it to 10 pin from 13 pin. I did but it is still having issues. I'm just tired of the whole thing and I'm considering changing the whole transmission to manual. Please has anyone done that before? Is it doable? What could be the pros and cons?

Many thanks.

Siraj

Just curious, which manual transmission do u intend to convert to as I don't think the highlander was ever built with a manual transmission. U probably will have to do an engine and transmission transplant from another car, lose some functions of the car, lose 4wd and at the end the car might not even drive normal. I might be wrng though so waiting for the experts. But my advice is why not buy another transmission and install.
Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 02, 2017
Surajudeen8:
Hi everyone,

Many thanks.

Siraj

If you do this swap, and correctly, you could end up with a very unique car.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by nams77: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

If you do this swap, and correctly, you could end up with a very unique car.

Good luck.
Bros you make me laff grin
Abeg explain am well for op make him understand
Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by mayor2013: 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Spiritual healing is needed for your car.
Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by cyborg123(m): 10:59am On Jul 03, 2017
It is evident that you either bought a bad replacement gear box or have electrical/ECU problems. Try to confirm your ECU is working properly and then re-replace your gear again with a good exact replacement gearbox. Sorry.
Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by Smartademu(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLX grin
Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by valarinz: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
All of you asking him to sell, olx and so on, you'll still be the first to rush to nairaland to open threads on how car dealers are wicked and sell lemons and scrap cars bla bla bla

Why is it that it's only when your cars develop issue then you think of selling, covertly transferring the issues you fear cannot be resolved to an unsuspecting buyer

Is it a surprise most of you also doubt it when you're told by a dealer that a car is "buy & Drive" cos you know within yourself that you have the attitude of selling issues to people and driving on when the car is fine

Pls change this attitude of looking for who to transfer problems to, when your car has issues stop being wicked and looking for who to buy it, try to find a lasting solution, if you want to sell afterwards fine

Tnx

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by mikeconfidence(m): 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
Is your location close to osogbo? then you can get me on 08059810598 for more info. I have a place for you that can handle that very well.
Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 03, 2017
Why not take your car to a qualified mechanic.
Re: Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 by diportivo: 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
mikeconfidence:
Is your location close to osogbo? then you can get me on 08059810598 for more info. I have a place for you that can handle that very well.

op pls go and try this place out .

after u do,i will take my honda pilot there to be converted also

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Hybrid Vehicle Maintenance: Inverter/converter assembly / Toyota Corolla Sport / Benz C280 97,misfires,consumes Fuel And Takes Time Shifting From Gear 1 To 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.