Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice (666 Views)

Rape: 9ice Says Rapists Should Be Killed / 'I Almost Poisoned My Brother Over 9ice And Ruggedman's Beef' - Instagram User / 9ice: It's Not By Force To Get Married, God Won't Punish Anybody Who Doesn't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice by olofofonaija1(m): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2017
Talented singer, 9ice, has admonished artistes to do less of freestyle songs if they wanted to make music that will last for decades.

The singer said that the art of painstakingly writing one’s songs as well as singing about things that the audience can easily relate to were key ingredients to making songs that won’t easily fade off.

“To make music that will last longer than your lifespan or for some decades is by not recording majority of your songs by freestyle. It’s by writing your songs, first writing, second writing, third writing then your final writing before you even record the song. Check your lyrics, criticise (critique) your lyrics, make sure they’re deep. Make sure they’re things people can relate to, use the language, experiences that they can relate with. Make choices of topics that affect people. Don’t talk about Chicago in Nigeria, talk about Idumota market, things that they know. Don’t talk about things that they don’t know, don’t talk about the life that you don’t live. These are the things that can guide you to write songs that can last long than your lifespan,” he told Planet TV.

9ice has been in the news of recent after rapper, Falz, accused him and other artistes of encouraging Nigerian youths to do fraud by praising internet scammers in their songs.

Source: http://www.ow.ly/s0Ea30dfaTF

Re: How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice by sunnysunny69(m): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2017
Adigun alapomeji. First single a big hit, he's been struggle music wise since then, funny it's coming from someone like him.
Re: How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice by Kondomatic(m): 8:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Lols
Re: How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2017
The type that hushpuppi abi puppy should be tackling.
Re: How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice by Cholls(m): 8:58am On Jul 02, 2017
my brother 9ice oh my what a good writer you are

baddo oshi
temini temini

mr white
temini

bernard
temini

opa6
temini

Small kcee
temini

investobj
temini

mompha
temini

hush puppy
temini

Ugo
temini

bayo otunola
temini

hope say Chimamanda Adichie dey learn one or two...

1 Like

Re: How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice by Hushpuppi: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:
The type that hushpuppi abi puppy should be tackling.
Try to be useful
Re: How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
Cholls:
my brother 9ice oh my what a good writer you are

baddo oshi
temini temini

mr white
temini

bernard
temini

opa6
temini

Small kcee
temini

investobj
temini

hush puppy
temini

Ugo
temini

bayo otunola
temini

hope say Chimamanda Adichie dey learn one or two...
grin grin monpha
Re: How To Write Long Lasting Songs – 9ice by Cholls(m): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
INVESTORBNAIRA:
grin grin monpha
my brother ya head dey there but Mompha is burue de change oh don’t get it twisted

(1) (Reply)

Reekado Banks Stylishly Throws Shade At Hushpuppi / ‘if I Was A Woman, I Won't Allow Men Stay With Their Wives’ – Bobrisky / Toke Makinwa Shows Her Firm Tips In White Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.