Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,128 members, 7,867,264 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

"how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" (1219 Views)

I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out? / My God! My God!! Who Have I Married?? / Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by skeed19: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2010
Often times we are faced with pressure from family, friends and relatives at to getting married, well i have been told that getting married is not the issue, but the issue is staying married, i have also heard preachers, councilors and the like say endurance, patience, perseverance, etc is needed in a marriage. please Nairalanders, how does one know if he/she has married the right person? please matured minds only
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by afrobaby(f): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
I av always asked my self the same question, becos at times I look at some couples who are not really enjoying the marriage, at least they were in love before they got married, so that usually makes me feel its not only if u love the person that u can know the person is the right person, but really, what I think is that one shud be very prayerful when choosing a partner
I believe one of the ways to know if the person one is married to is the right person is if one can really say that person is a friend, someone that u always av something to talk about, someone that whenever he/she annoys u, freely in ur mind, u forgive the person, someone who puts a smile on ones face, most especially someone who olny thinks about ur future and progress
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2010
If you are happy
If he/she is happy
Then, i think you meant for each other.
But if you marry the wrong person, i will like to know the solution, even when kids are involved.
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by fifi09(f): 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2010

To me, the key to succeeding in Marriage is Not finding the Right Person; it's learning to Love that Person you Found. Marriage requires commitment, dedication, and having the thought of “did I marry the right one?” will only make you question that commitment.

When the chemistry between you two is remarkable. Like the saying goes "Actions Speak Louder Than Words." Words are empty without actions to support them. I define loving actions as doing things such as buying her flowers/buying him tickets to watch a game, kissing him/her hello and hugging for no special reason.
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by Pampers: 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
There is no perfect man or woman.Therfore, there would never be a perfect relatnshp. What matters is spirit of sincere luv and forgivnes and a strong determination to stay in luv.
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by mamagee3(f): 12:49am On Jan 30, 2010
Through the personalities that attracted you to her in the first place.
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by N101: 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2010
If someone has to ask "how do I know if I married the right person?" it's a bit late, as the saying goes, to close the stable doors after the horse has bolted!

If someone gets married because of pressure from family and friends they are creating a rod for their own back.  In fact, it's a stupid reason for getting married (there, I said it).
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by coolier(f): 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2010
When both of you, as partners, are able to successfully run the 'business' of marriage together.
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by Sissy3(f): 10:03am On Jan 31, 2010
imo, compatibility. when both of your are compatible you both will at least be able to work through the journey of marriage
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by tundelg(m): 10:53am On Jan 31, 2010
make sure u pray v hard b4 u go into it
Re: "how Do I Know If I Married The Right Person?" by lannre(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2010
Marriage means different things to different people,as much as I agree that no perfect marriage .marriage should not bring more sorrow than happiness. Because it is of God,satan will always seek to influence all marriages. Nothing stop couples to pray everyday about their relationship. God is our guide.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Help My Friend / Who's The Head Of The House?? / 21 Ways To Love Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.