Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Unban YAWA and DHTML - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Unban YAWA and DHTML (1200 Views)

Poll: Do u feel Yawatide and Dhtml should be unbanned

Yes: 80% (17 votes)
No: 14% (3 votes)
Maybe: 0% (0 votes)
Not Sure: 4% (1 vote)
Indifference: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Please Unban Me Requests Should Come In Here / :: Dhtml Framework Evolution / My Dhtml Board Games Project :: Featuring Ludo, Snakes And Ladder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Unban YAWA and DHTML by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 29, 2010
i find it unjust for nairaland to ban dhtml,he was the back-bone and the people who inspired me and others to pursue Web Development and passion,this will cause a void in WebMaster i appeal to Seun to please unban him as the quality of the tutorials in Webmaster has reduced.i want all of us in nairaland to please appeal by responding here to get Seun's Attention this is the biggest nigerian forum and (DHTML) were the best tutors i've ever known.this not a boycott it's an appeal to get back our mentors ,so appeal by responding here thanks and take care.(NO Insults,NO fowl language thank you)
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2010
@PC Guru

I support your motive man

I am against the word BAN

We are not in China for Christ sake

If BAN where to be placed @ max - 1 week

Why banning a user for life? Do you know what he/she impact will make in people's life?

The policy ban is just like chasing people away from the forum, blocking people to access information from the right channel.

The more information flow, the more traffic you get, the more you make money.

IMPACT YOUR WORLD

Attention: Administrator

Better you look into this matter, this policy is not a good development for your forum

Never say whenever, who know's tomorrow
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2010
[size=58pt]please unban dhtml[/size]
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by aje49ja(m): 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2010
Moderator get banned? What offence does he do to suen self, abeg go unban him oi
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2010
@fakay and aje thanx i intend to repeat this till any admin responds i have time.[size=58pt]please unban html[/size]
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2010
banning someone for life cuz of lewd language is unjust and communist like it shows no value for freedom of speech and right of one to voice out his opinion whichever the case may be.but after all here is true representation of our nation is suppression and authoritative tyrants.so i'm here to stay that banning some for life is very unjust and totally wrong, so i appeal dhtml's id be restored.sactions can be made but not total control of what one can say.[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 31, 2010
Was DHTML banned, why was he, Noticed his absence in webmaster and programming, And is Yawatide also banned?

Why,

We are humans na, this people should be unbanned, Don't see any forum where people are banned, mostly people of relevence, Pls Seun unban them
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by THEAMAKA(f): 5:15am On Jan 31, 2010
he's a REALLY GOOD PERSON.
[size=20pt]PLEASE UNBAN HIM.[/size] embarassed
i think he was doing an excellent job in the section he was moderating.
i do browse there from time to time, although i don't post.
abeg, Seun.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by SamMilla1(m): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2010
Is Yawa Banned ?
Yawa is the best thing to happen to this section.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by dhtmlextreme(m): 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2010
Actually yawa's absense bothers me more than my own absence - she has been a great benefits to lots of people here.
The first time i encountered yawa ever, i just finished learning html and was about to move to javascript. . .and now she
is no longer here again (thanks to seun). At this point, i guess i should keep my big maut shut. And ppl, thanks for caring.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by lanbaba: 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2010
dhtml banned? yawa-tide banned? who is next on the list? may be dual. webmaster section going down gradually. maybe he should check out what those guys are doing before banning them. Although am not a guru yet, but all i have learnt in web designing is courtesy of some people on nairaland. Really, with just about 2 more bans(particular bans ohhhhhhhh) from webmaster, i think my coming here and so many other people coming will be an outright waste. and what happens when ones coming is a waste? "one stops coming"

PLS UNBAN THEM IF THEY WERE ACTUALLY BANNED
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 31, 2010
welcome dhtml
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by dhtmlextreme(m): 5:39am On Feb 01, 2010
thanks. My ban is possibly deserved for not minding my own business and appears to be permanent.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by Afam(m): 8:10am On Feb 01, 2010
pc guru:

banning someone for life cuz of lewd language is unjust and communist like it shows no value for freedom of speech and right of one to voice out his opinion whichever the case may be.

What do you mean by cuz of lewd language? Did anyone tell you that Yawatide used any lewd language?

To the best of my knowledge Yawatide resigned as the moderator based on very disturbing comments and statements by Seun on issues she raised especially with the way the bot is flagging messages as spam.

Personally, Seun was not only arrogant but insultive and childish. I hope to get banned for life one of these days because the forum is sinking to a very low level and the owner seems not to realize it.

Many intelligent posters have left and more will leave because of his attitude.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by lojik(m): 9:25am On Feb 01, 2010
[size=18pt]Pls unban DHTML and YAWA now! [/size]
They make this forums rock!
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by THEAMAKA(f): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
I'm sorry, I must confess.
ever since that word censor thing this site when from (out of 1-10) from a 9 to a 5.5 to me.
its just so blah now. and nothing interesting anymore. undecided
maybe i should have joined in '07
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by OmniPotens(m): 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2010
Purposely I ignored this thread but lots of IM has been coming in and asking me for YAWA-TI-DE's whereabouts. DHTML is still on, that I know too well. New IDs always emerge and can't be stopped no matter how hard you try. The last option is to stop new registrations which is not the perfect thing to do in a public thing as a forum.

I don't really know the weight of what I want to say now. I don't want to weigh it before typing. I just want to openly say how I feel but without pulling any plugs in or out.

Concepts like FORUMS are personal concepts and policies are dependent on their owners. Some tend to simply earn from the adverts placed while others look into other things. Policies really matter a lot and they control all activities which they are bound to. Some policies really are not good enough especially when they are upheld on public forums where lots of personnalities with different ideologies abound. Some of these policies are influenced by prejudice, egotism and the likes. This is obtainable everywhere even here on NAIRALAND.com. One thing we have to understand here is that the owner of this forum handles things the way he wants it. He set up the forum and runs it his way. Remember, one man's food is another man's poison. His own policies or decisions sometimes are not so favourable. YES, I mean it but what can you do? It is his project and for the fact you are a part of it, you just have to be bound within it.

Looking at some past years, we have lost so many people. Not just people but great people. I don't want to call names so as not to arouse for any ill feelings. These people are no longer here but somewhere else. Nairaland continued without them right? WE and I (in particular) was never happy about their absence. For the fact I had their YIM IDs, I never complained much but what about their impacts on the lives of other people? They brought in many and on leaving, many also left with them. I guessed the forum Admin remained unmoved with his decisions then. Things went bad and almost crumbled but God being so kind always brought in more useful people to rescue situations. This time around, we are becoming more learned and the sooner people discover they are great, they become so humble so as to maintain their greatness but once you try to mess around or play with their dignities, they take a bow and that's that.

YAWA-TI-DE: We need firstly to get her on mail or YIM and urge her to return if she wasn't actually banned. If she was then we call on SEUN to do something with regards her. IT IS VERY EVIDENT THAT PEOPLE LIKE HER MADE THIS BOARD WHAT IT IS, NO DOUBTS. One question here; Since YAWA-TI-DE left, what strong and new things have come out of this board? She knows how to place arguements and bring people in to argue. She made me change my view on many things. The way I looked at websites changed and more on development which she actually made me reside for than be jack of all trade without actual professionalism in any.

DHTML: I know so many he was handling on tutorials. He personally gave me challenges and lots of aid as well. Since his absence, What new tutorials have newbies really gotten here? I don't have much leisure time and I also understand he too doesn't have much of those time but most nights we are on YIM, he takes out his night time to prepare those tutorials as well as try to work on his client's projects. I have tried to do that but it's one of the most difficult things for me. We have people who can do them in here and for free. When we loose them how then do we get more traffic into this board?

I must stop here because I am getting confused on what actually is happening.

I NEED THESE PEOPLE AND EVEN MORE OF THE PAST PEOPLE BACK; SIMPLE AND SHORT.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by dhtmlextreme(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
Very interesting. . .
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by SamMilla1(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
Yes OmniPotents, You made many nice points.
But the best point is about the owner of the forum outlining how he wants the forum to be.
I learnt that long ago. People get themselves involved in matters here to the extent that it sometimes becomes part of them.
That somehow give them some sense of belonging here . And when they think they can make some rules on their own or even bring in some concepts of their own, Someone usually reminds them that 'this is my forum' .
Like i said earlier on this thread, Yawa is one of the best things that happened to this section.
She answers every question here even before another person knows that a question was posted.
I admire her a lot for that.
People leave here and come back all the time. I thought that the best thing to do is to create a medium to Channel those ideas of yours that could not be implemented here. Atleast i did and it worked for me. Then you can as well show up here, comment when you want and dont comment when you dont like.
Its easy. I want her back ASAP but i am not ready to beg anyone to do that.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by OmniPotens(m): 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2010
@SAM You own a forum and know what it is like. I know I was active there for a while until I changed my location then works got me so tied that I wasn't able to be there as regular as before. I'm happy you understood me well. The issue is the beggin to unban. No one just wants to do that. I'll wait to see the amount of people that move for this motion then I certainly will do the begging at least for the good of newbies coming in here to learn.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by dhtmlextreme(m): 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2010
Intwesting, i will like to see how this ends, hopefully, and everyone returns to their homes joyful.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by onyengbu1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2010
[size=18pt]BUT WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BAN YAWATIDE[/size]
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by Seun(m): 4:46am On Feb 02, 2010
She was not banned. She resigned under the guise of having a problem with the antispam bot in order to lure people to one of her sites. DHTML was banned because he tried to get us in trouble with google's content policy and started cloning the usernames of members like you. disruption. I decided to unban him because he did me a favor, but this move isn't popular with the supermods so I've been stalling.
Re: Unban YAWA and DHTML by THEAMAKA(f): 4:47am On Feb 02, 2010
Seun:

She was not banned. She resigned under the guise of having a problem with the antispam bot in order to lure people to one of her sites. DHTML was banned because he tried to get us in trouble with google's content policy and started cloning the usernames of members like you. disruption. I decided to unban him because he did me a favor, but this move isn't popular with the supermods so I've been stalling.
woah, deep stuff. shocked shocked shocked

(1)

Webhost Needed For Forum Site Before Week Runs Out! / I Need A Website Like Daystarng.org / I Need Website For A New Business. Low Budget!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.