Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers (30569 Views)

Ambode's Gifts To Vulcanizers Are Springing Up All Over Lagos (PHOTOS) / 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like / Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by bizzle2: 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
greenhulk:

Nice one. I'll check it out. And honestly I don't recommend digital guage for vulcanizers actually, unless they can get a genuine one as they need to use it several times a day. But for a private user like me that get to use it maybe 1 time in a week, then it makes sense. At least I can use it up to 6 months or 1 yr before it starts acting up, and at that price it's a win win. My thoughts.
You're right. I Guess it's a matter of choice. I'm pretty heavy-handed. I need something i can throw arnd without worrying about damage.

Try taking the pressure of the same tire multiple times at abt 30s interval, and see if you get the same reading .
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by ThomasNguyen: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2017
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Raymondbrown: 4:14am On Nov 17, 2017
Here is good reviews of best product:

https://automotivespaces.com/best-tire-pressure-gauge/

Getting a very "SOLID" digital guage for $10 ? Highly unlikely, even abroad.

This even has a bleed button , that allows you to more accurately reduce your tire pressure (while watching the dial) without removing the guage.
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by ericnewman707: 8:32pm On May 13, 2020
If you are looking for authentic reviews of car accessories or tools then make sure to checkout:
https://www.mysmallgarage.com/
because it provides 100% authenticity and truth.
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Eldemmi(m): 11:38am On May 14, 2020
bizzle2:

There is no "Normal" guage. The max pressure differs from tire to tire. Just read the information on the outer walls of your tire and conform accordingly.

For instance , The rear tires on my SUV have a 51psi max inflation pressure rating.

I beg to differ, use the Tyre recommended pressure of your car not that of Tyre..
i.e always follow the information on ur vehicle pillar sticker regarding Tyre pressure irrespective of Tyre brand u buy.
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by bizzle2: 11:00am On May 24, 2020
Eldemmi:

I beg to differ, use the Tyre recommended pressure of your car not that of Tyre..
i.e always follow the information on ur vehicle pillar sticker regarding Tyre pressure irrespective of Tyre brand u buy.
When I say conform accordingly I don't mean inflate your tyre to 51psi , I mean take note of the specs and factor them .
Pressure recommendation on my MDX is 32 psi, but I have my tyres inflated to 35 psi , even though the max inflation pressure for my tyres is over 50 psi.

Manufacturer recommended pressure serves as the minimum for me while the max pressure for your tyre is the Max treshhold . . . As you move from min to max you trade grip and lifespan for comfort.

The factory spare tyre is inflated to 60 psi by the way
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Eldemmi(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
bizzle2:

When I say conform accordingly I don't mean inflate your tyre to 51psi , I mean take note of the specs and factor them .
Pressure recommendation on my MDX is 32 psi, but I have my tyres inflated to 35 psi , even though the max inflation pressure for my tyres is over 50 psi.

The factory spare tyre is inflated to 60 psi by the way

I Love this your way sa..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Passengers & Goods Loaded Together In A BRT Bus At Idumota (Pictures) / Picture Of A Graduate Driving Keke-napep In Kano / Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.