Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less (32871 Views)

Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers / Wakanda Forever: The New Viral Pose At Nigerian Wedding Receptions (photos) / Lady Causes A Stir At Wedding For Wearing Similar Gown With The Bride (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by oodua1stson: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Opinionated:

Don't go broke trying to impress? Getting married is the objective not to get into debt.
you get sense
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by sisisioge: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Why don't you just spend your 14k on the certificate, transport yourselves there and take only the people that need to sign. The rest can wait at home to pray for you. Buns kor, kulikuli ni. No matter how cheap or expensive a wedding is some modicum of class should be maintained. Buy Eva wine one bottle and share it to the attendees in a glass of wine. To us, they can toast cool

2 Likes

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
joliyp:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. bleeps it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his cock in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut.
take the risk and wed well

I've heard this somewhere... Emm... emm .. Spartacus right?
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by jomoh: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Vision4God:
undecided
Doesn't look visible no matter how u wanna cut cost.

It will never be feasible of you're not committed to it but when you are committed and make your subconcious understand that you have no choice and you must do it, it will be very feasible.
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by awesomesossy(f): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Opinionated:
By Adeniyi Emmanuel Bamgboye

Do you know you can spend just N20,000 on your wedding and still retain your champion as a perfect gentleman and in-law? Donā€™t worry, I am an accountant, I will give you a succinct breakdown.

Registry fee is within N12,000 ā€“ N14000 depending on the local government you wish to use. Letā€™s pick the upper range which is N14,000

Donā€™t go and buy egg roll. One is now N80. You know you cannot afford this; the best is to go for Ghanaian buns. One is N20 , you can buy it loju (at) dozen for discount sake. Buy 2 dozen because of the impromptu and accidental guests. Thatā€™s approximately N450. It could be lesser, if you can bargain well.

Buy a crate of 7up, not coke or Fanta. Thatā€™s N1,400
Budget N1,500 for cab transport. Uber is cheap. Itā€™s your wedding day. You canā€™t afford to be a ā€œtrekkistā€ on that glorious day.

You donā€™t need a photographer. Use the camera on your phone. If you donā€™t have a camera phone, you can use your friendā€™s own.

To achieve all these, you have to make your wedding an alupaida (mystical) event. The one where your blurry wedding pictures will just surface magically online without you giving any of your friends prior notice. Some of them may be angry with you. Beg them well. They will understand.

Donā€™t bother about new clothes; wear what you have at home.

For your refreshment to be sufficient, make sure your guest list includes both parents (yours and hers), two of your friends who will also sign and act as witnesses and cameramen respectively.

In total, you have 10 guests including you and your wife. With this, the Ghanaian buns and 7up are likely to go round. You would even have more than sufficient for the court staff who are fond of doing ā€œAtenuā€

Back to my analysis. N14,000 + N450 + N1,400 + N1,500 equals N17,350.

With this, you will have N2, 650 as change. Use it to cook honeymoon Soup. Enjoy your life to the fullest with your wife.

Implement this religiously and thank me later.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/plan-nigerian-wedding-n20000-less/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

U no go pay dowry abi..
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by joliyp(f): 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
HenryDion:

I've heard this somewhere... Emm... emm .. Spartacus right?
yes....in under study the movie
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
ednut1:
Ahmed musa who earns 60k pounds weekly do modest marriage. Yet some pple wud borrow just to impress during wedding
No mind them, stupid people who will run into debt just because they want to impress guests who don't give a hoot

1 Like

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by joliyp(f): 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
Katier00:
I love Spartacus
me too
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Lanretoye(m): 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
na wrapper husband and wife go tie go registry abi...
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Student125(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
All I can deduce from OP is
1) You don't need to invite all ur people in village for wedding.
2) Wedding is just a day ceremony so u should spend reasonably and responsibly
3) And will only be possible with an understanding lady.

in fact, any lady that can marry u with little is worth keeping to the end.

What we have nowadays is wedding(showoff) ceremony instead of marriage. Most people don't think of what happens after the ceremony (marriage), all they care is I want my wedding to be talked about. Nice hall, beautiful decorations, cake, attire, surplus food, meat and drinks.

And with the present economy situation people will come, eat, drink without gift except few.

Few months after wedding, the newly wedded couple are having financial problem due to unemployment or they are underemployed.

My point is, if they had foresight, plan low budget wedding and invest larger % of the supposed money for the ceremony (wedding) in a business, who knows they might be able to plan a bigger wedding anniversary in future from the business proceed.

2 Likes

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by jericco1(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hmm weird
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by jericco1(m): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Vision4God:
undecided Doesn't look visible no matter how u wanna cut cost.
feasible?
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by gentlechyke(m): 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op is this a joke or comedy?
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Rick9(m): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nawa oh, I don't pray for this oh, sorry this ain't for me oh. O.p goodluck
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Lol. I actually forgot the marriage n wedding difference.
But still he'll pay priest/pastor nothing less than 10k sha. Idk sha cos I've never married but I'm guessing that's the minimum. I also don't know if they'll need priest since it's at the registry.
lol
YOu realy do not have to pay no one
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Gtuns(m): 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
iz it by force
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by GOFRONT(m): 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op dis ur advice came a bit late to me.....A girl of marriageable Quality I met 2yrs ago left me coz I dnt hav inof money to wed her.

And I used to hav 100k by den fa.......and Op is even talkin abt 20k here....
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by jbhitler(m): 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
fastgyal:
No go use your mouth confess bad thing ooo
Seems you don't know Nigerians, once they attend a wedding and food isn't sufficient, you'd become the gossip of the town. hahahaha. I can never forget Iya Sukurat in my school. She's a pro in that.
my broda,no be as you dey see oo.we dey plan to reduce pride price money u come dey compound problem.see,Bleep wedding.as i pay pride price,my marriage don end.
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by veekid(m): 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
happney65:
Already told Bae..She dey grumble..She brought it up the last time I was with Mother in law..thinking her mum go vex..I mum was like if that is what i want we can go ahead..

Me no church wedding,No Pre wedding picture..My marriage would be during the week preferably on a Tuesday..From Court,to engagement,to reception..I don't want people to come cos I dey do marriage na why i wan fix am to during the week..

Person Wey go grumble make he grumble..I don't want to waste unnecessary money cos I dey do wedding.. QED.. omolola15 veekid abi he no good?
So no aso ebi? No Yoruba demon gang?

1 Like

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by jayAjoku(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
is like O.P is planning to marry a bench or sidestool
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
Is this for white wedding?
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Opinionated:

Don't go broke trying to impress? Getting married is the objective not to get into debt.

Doesn't mean I should fool myself with 20,000naira
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by sambina: 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
joliyp:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. bleeps it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his cock in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut.
take the risk and wed well
spartacus
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Even the ones that usw crowd funding to buy data each month will come here to talk. As your power reach, do am.
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
wendy241:
ur sister will agree to her bobo grin grin

LOL. Not the sister I know
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Sarang(f): 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
deepwater:
grin My kind of wedding!!! grin

Modified
To those quoting me, your wedding expenses doesn't show your true worth. Learn how to keep your marriage and not your wedding...

On this same front page a fellow woman is already insulting her husband for not being capable to hold his home financially for barely 4months, I am certain they had a swell marriage ceremony cheesy

Matured lady spotted. smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Sarang(f): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
Benekruku:

20k shocked shocked shocked

Poverty stricken marriage

Such marriage can never last

Products of such marriage re mostly born with epilepsy

Childish adult spotted shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Sarang(f): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
sisisioge:
Why don't you just spend your 14k on the certificate, transport yourselves there and take only the people that need to sign. The rest can wait at home to pray for you. Buns kor, kulikuli ni. No matter how cheap or expensive a wedding is some modicum of class should be maintained. Buy Eva wine one bottle and share it to the attendees in a glass of wine. To us, they can toast cool

Makes sense
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by critic9ja: 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
fastgyal:
Lol, this would have been very possible in the last century.
Anybody who budgets less than 100K for a wedding in Nigeria right now isn't ready for marriage and should go and sleep.
BTW
nice joke OP, it made me smile.
Economy Naija no go gimme heart attack.
hello fine girl, can we start courting? I have one 100k lying idly in my account. wanna get married.
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Benekruku(m): 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sarang:

Childish adult spotted shocked

Go jump of a bridge with a fast moving traffic intersection beneath.

Who cares? The world would be a better place

Mofo! Container fall on you!
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by fastgyal(f): 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
critic9ja:
hello fine girl, can we start courting? I have one 100k lying idly in my account. wanna get married.
work harder bruh
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by AZeD1(m): 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
CoCoLav:

I need a groom first.

Come and marry me embarassed
Pick date and time and I'll send you money for the buns

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? / Wedding Photos Of Yesufa Olawale, LASTMA Officer Who Lost His Sight / Hilarious Video Of Kenyan Couple Exchanging Vows Throws Internet Into Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.