Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou (2918 Views)

What Is The Chance Of Survival In A Country You Have No One To Receive You? / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR / Mauritius: A Country You Need To Visit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by benzc350: 10:47am On Jul 04, 2017
Finland
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Timijo(m): 12:56am On Jul 05, 2017
Gerrard59:

Not as before. The trains in Singapore have been misbehaving for 2 years now.

@ The topic: Japan. There, everything, I repeat, everything works - efficiently.
Now you are confusing me by giving me another option, but I shall make my findings about it.
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Timijo(m): 12:58am On Jul 05, 2017
shervydman:

wink
I like your patriotism, but I will suggest you should try Nigeria.
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by joeluv: 1:26am On Jul 05, 2017
Germany
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Nobody: 3:11am On Jul 05, 2017
Timijo:
I like your patriotism, but I will suggest you should try Nigeria.
I'm proudly Nigerian and will never trade my beloved country for anything.......... cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Timijo(m): 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
shervydman:

I'm proudly Nigerian and will never trade my beloved country for anything.......... cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue
No be you talk am say you be Ethiopian. You wan run kum Naija ba, naija don full ooo. tongue
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
vickertony:

That's Lovely Bro, you are living your dream i guess,I have not been to Tennessee tho,all i wrote up there was from reading online.Nashville is popular with all those rock music bands and stuffs.Enjoy mate.

Tennessee is a nice state in terms of landscape...and the people are friendly (which is a southern U.S. trait).
Nashville is dubbed the "country music capitol" of the U.S...because several music celebrities hail from that city.
Yes...Nashville is a nice sized Southern city.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
vickertony:

Tennessee has a lot of history generally which is cool. Covered in mountains and beautiful rural areas, Tennessee is very pretty and old, then the part i love most is the weather bro,Humid climate in summer like the one in Nigeria.. i.e Rainfall..

i have read alot about Tennessee.
A particular City there, MEPHIS, intrigues me.

You picked a good state...although it being a Southern state, has had some racial tensions (past and present).
Pretty much all of the Southern portion of the U.S. has very hot and humid summer seasons.
Memphis is a predominately black city....known for its barbecue.
There are some rough areas, but it's a decent city.
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
Timijo:
No be you talk am say you be Ethiopian. You wan run kum Naija ba, naija don full ooo. tongue
I only quoted my Ethiopian friend's post........... u can check.
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by vickertony(m): 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ngo40:

Tennessee is a nice state in terms of landscape...and the people are friendly (which is a southern U.S. trait).
Nashville is dubbed the "country music capitol" of the U.S...because several music celebrities hail from that city.
Yes...Nashville is a nice sized Southern city.
That's lovely, thanks for your input.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by vickertony(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ngo40:

You picked a good state...although it being a Southern state, has had some racial tensions (past and present).
Pretty much all of the Southern portion of the U.S. has very hot and humid summer seasons.
Memphis is a predominately black city....known for its barbecue.
There are some rough areas, but it's a decent city.
Cool, you know much about Memphis and Tennessee, do you live there?

seems you live in the USA, well interesting explanations from you overall.
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Bifwoli: 1:18am On Jul 06, 2017
vickertony:

You'd be better off in more dynamic cities of Nashville ,Knoxville or Murfreesboro cuz Memphis much like Detroit in the 70's is declining.It used to be the largest city but now its 2nd.
Also most of the big firms and employers (Nissan,VW ,Eastman Chemical) are in the eastern half of the state though Memphis still has Fedex,Autozone and Int'l paper.Most of the cultural sites are also in eastern portion of Tennessee and driving accross state from end to end can be like 4hrs and tiring.
Rent and housing can be cheaper in the smaller cities and quality of life in smaller cities is pretty good too with a good job market too.Memphis tends to be higher in violent crime nationally so...be advised.Its also on the Mississippi river which once in a while floods the cities along its path,Memphis included.
Overall ,Tennessee is better than other southern states like Alabama,Mississippi or Arkansas but there's a good number of hidden racists groups in the state(like KKK) but its more cosmopolitan cities are okay.
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 06, 2017
vickertony:

Well...I don't live in Memphis...but I have some folks that used to live there.
I've flown out of Nashville's airport a few times.
Lived in a real country area in TN for a few years.
Born and raised in the U.S...
The Southern portion of the U.S. is my territory.
Just thought it was cool that you were interested in the South as opposed to the Northern or Western portion of the U.S...
Hope you get to visit there one day.
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by vickertony(m): 6:06am On Jul 06, 2017
Ngo40:

Well...I don't live in Memphis...but I have some folks that used to live there.
I've flown out of Nashville's airport a few times.
Lived in a real country area in TN for a few years.
Born and raised in the U.S...
The Southern portion of the U.S. is my territory.
Just thought it was cool that you were interested in the South as opposed to the Northern or Western portion of the U.S...
Hope you get to visit there one day.

Really cool stuff,you are lucky you were born!, and raised in the usa, thanks for the kind words, i hope to visit one day, i never left Nigeria tho, its still a dream!

i hope to atleast visit Memphis,Nashville, Tennessee generally get to feel the city, i have read alot really,all you wrote there are true!
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by vickertony(m): 6:22am On Jul 06, 2017
Bifwoli:

You'd be better off in more dynamic cities of Nashville ,Knoxville or Murfreesboro cuz Memphis much like Detroit in the 70's is declining.It used to be the largest city but now its 2nd.
Also most of the big firms and employers (Nissan,VW ,Eastman Chemical) are in the eastern half of the state though Memphis still has Fedex,Autozone and Int'l paper.Most of the cultural sites are also in eastern portion of Tennessee and driving accross state from end to end can be like 4hrs and tiring.
Rent and housing can be cheaper in the smaller cities and quality of life in smaller cities is pretty good too with a good job market too.Memphis tends to be higher in violent crime nationally so...be advised.Its also on the Mississippi river which once in a while floods the cities along its path,Memphis included.
Overall ,Tennessee is better than other southern states like Alabama,Mississippi or Arkansas but there's a good number of hidden racists groups in the state(like KKK) but its more cosmopolitan cities are okay.
Thank you very much for taking your time to explain these.

i never knew all these you wrote up there, until your explanation, i appreciate bro.i will read up more about those other cities you mentioned, infact am reading up already!
can't wait really to visit one these cities one day!
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Harmony222(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Australia
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by dacoolestkc(m): 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2017
GREECE
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
France. Le belle ville de Paris
Re: If You Were Given A Chance To Choose The Country You Were Born In, Which One Wou by Ugosample(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2017
Germany

(1) (2) (Reply)

Japa: It’s Now Getting Expensive To Japa Through Student Route / Cost Of Some Hotels In Lagos / ‘see How Young Girls Sleep In The Bush In Italy’-nigerian Man Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.