Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein (3245 Views)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / 11 Yr-old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawking & Albert Einstein / Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
11 yr-old Indian boy whose IQ is Higher than Stephen Hawking & Albert Einstein — report

Arnav Sharma beats Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking on IQ test
— Indian boy, all of 11, has a higher IQ score than Einstein, Stephen Hawking
— Arnav Sharma beats Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking on IQ test
— Indian origin boy Arnav Sharma aces Mensa test, scores 162 points, beats Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking in IQ

An 11-year-old Indian-origin boy here has scored 162 in the prestigious Mensa IQ test, two points higher than geniuses Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking.
The Independent reported that Mensa IQ test was developed in Britain to form an elite society of intelligent people. Arnav Sharma, from Reading town in southern England, passed the infamously difficult test a few weeks back with zero preparation.
— Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking was beaten on the Mensa test by an 11-year-old.
— German physicist and scientist Albert Einstein beaten by 11 yr-old Indian boy, Arnav Sharma
Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking

The “genius benchmark” is set at 140 and Sharma gained a score of 162 — the maximum possible result you can achieve on the paper.
His mark in the exam, which primarily measures verbal reasoning ability, puts him in the top one per cent of the nation in terms of IQ level.
“The Mensa test is quite hard and not many people pass it, so do not expect to pass,” Sharma told the daily.
Sharma said: “I had no preparation at all for the exam but I was not nervous. My family were surprised but they were also very happy when I told them about the result.”

The boy’s mother, Meesha Dhamija Sharma, said she kept her “fingers crossed” during his exam.
“I was thinking what is going to happen because you never know and he had never seen what a paper looks like,” she said.
Sharma said his hobbies are coding, badminton, piano, swimming and reading. He also has an unusually good geographical knowledge and can name all the capitals of the world.

A spokesperson for Mensa praised the 11-year-old boy, saying: “It is a high mark which only a small percentage of people in the country will achieve.”
Mensa was founded in 1946 in Oxford by Lancelot Lionel Ware, a scientist and lawyer, and Roland Berrill, an Australian barrister, but the organisation later spread around the world.

Its mission is to “identify and foster human intelligence for the benefit of humanity”. Source: indiatimes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by decatalyst(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
wink

4 Likes

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
wonderful.

1 Like

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by leofab(f): 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Born genuine
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
When children are made to hawk agbalumo, orange, corn, groundnut, agidi etc, how would they pass one Mensa?
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by zombieHUNTER: 9:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
When children are made to hawk agbalumo, orange, corn, groundnut, agidi etc, how would they pass one Mensa?
you are talking about the zoo undecided

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by omobabalawo: 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
ok. we don hear. let them do me that test. if i no pass am ehn
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
OK...NEXT.

op,what about those online IQ tests,are they standard.
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by lenghtinny(m): 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Shebi he was born in England...
He go get time for iQ test angry
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 03, 2017
Nice though Intelligence cannot be defined by exams'

Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven.” - Edward de Bono

1 Like

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by freakthingz(m): 2:22am On Jul 03, 2017

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by April4th(m): 7:34am On Jul 03, 2017
Great mind
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
IQ tests aren't an accurate measure of intelligence. There was this boy on Beyond Scared Straight that had a high IQ so he thought he was some kind of genius. He was a dumbass. IQ tests just measure your ability to recognise patterns and solve puzzles. If he can't apply it to solve any problems then its useless. Chuka, the Igbo boy that figures out how to out a generator together from scraps lying about is far more intelligent than any 'genius with a high IQ'.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
leofab:
Born genuine
Died fake. . .
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Teedawg: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
AnonyNymous:
IQ tests aren't an accurate measure of intelligence. There was this boy on Beyond Scared Straight that had a high IQ so he thought he was some kind of genius. He was a dumbass. IQ tests just measure your ability to recognise patterns and solve puzzles. If he can't apply it to solve any problems then its useless. Chuka, the Igbo boy that figures out how to out a generator together from scraps lying about is far more intelligent than any 'genius with a high IQ'.
just like our moderators i wish their IQ was high enough to move this to fp i no mention name oh
lalasticlala Seun how fa na

1 Like

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by rookidmart: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
LOL.

Einstein never even took an IQ test, and Hawking's results are unknown, but this is the internet, where any idiot can make a clickbait title.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by leofab(f): 12:08am On Jul 04, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Died fake. . .
moringa fall on you.
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by favelli(m): 4:43am On Jul 04, 2017
I don't care what his iq test says at 11.. what he would be able to achieve with that in the future is what I wait to see.. comparing him to Einstein? What a joke
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 07, 2017
AnonyNymous:

I know you will put down excellence and trump one igbo urchin as a template of ingenuity. you guys seriously have issues.
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2017
Dumaknesset:

I know you will put down excellence and trump one igbo urchin as a template of ingenuity. you guys seriously have issues.
I'm not even Igbo. . .it could be anyone. I just said that because its their trademark. And I didn't out down his intelligence in any way- I just said its not an accurate representation of how smart a person is. And I gave an example. So chill, dude
Re: 11 Years Old Indian Boy Whose IQ Is Higher Than Stephen Hawkins And Einstein by kosam(m): 10:08am On Jul 07, 2017
Its here again! _ FUNAAB PRE DEGREE, JUMPEB, CAMBRIDGE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAM is out for sale _ Enroll for it while the offer last. _ Call or WhatsApp us at Unified Ventures on 08167721408, 08173194882, 08132556684. The form won't sell for long.

(1) (Reply)

Student Confesses To Cheating In WAEC, Withdraws From University / Unilorin Student Accuses One Adeboye Balogun (plato) Of Sexual Assault / Popular Logos And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.