Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State (27971 Views)

Graphic Designer Left To Die After Being Stabbed During A Robbery Attack / Man Dies After Having Sex With Fiancée In Ebonyi / Liberian Man Kills His Girlfriend After Having Sex With Her (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Cmanforall: 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
Drinokrane:
Five members of a family have died after having a meal in Umuokpara Umanu, Obollo community in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State.

Mr. Vitalis Nwosu, his wife, Obianuju, and their three children, Chinonso, Chinasa and Odimnobi had eaten jollof rice for dinner served by Mrs Obianuju Nwosu. Soon after eating, they started having stomach pain, stooling and vomiting, Drinosblog whilesblowers reports. The children began to experience the symptoms first and they were taken to a hospital but did not make it.

A villager recounted the incident: “The children were the initial complainants and their parents quickly moved them to a nearby private hospital (names withheld). Every effort made to save them failed as they died one after the other.”

Soon after the children died, the parents came down with the same symptoms and were taken to a hospital where they died. Their remains of the deceased have been deposited at Adam Mortuary, Ugiri. Two other members of the family, who joined in eating the meal survived.

Reacting to the incident, the deceased’s first son, Mr. Chukwuemeka Nwosu, told newsmen that he was not at home when the incident occurred.

Chukwuemeka said that he suspected foul play. He alleged that his parents and siblings must have been poisoned by a relation over a protracted family matter and urged the security agencies to thoroughly investigate the incident.

Source; http://drinosblog..co.ke/2017/07/5-family-members-die-after-having-meal.html

An autopsy should be done. Those that survived should give details of what they ate eg meat, fish, egg etc., especially if they're not part of the immediate family, were they denied such protein sources?
What other things did the deceased consume that the survivors didn't, eg drinks after or before the meal, etc.
Any contact with sick neighbours or friends that day or recently?
The survivors should be quarantined for now, in case this is an outbreak.
This case should not be taken as a 'witch-hunt' issue.

May their souls rest in peace.
Very sad sad
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by iukpe: 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
Drinokrane:
Five members of a family have died after having a meal in Umuokpara Umanu, Obollo community in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State.

Mr. Vitalis Nwosu, his wife, Obianuju, and their three children, Chinonso, Chinasa and Odimnobi had eaten jollof rice for dinner served by Mrs Obianuju Nwosu. Soon after eating, they started having stomach pain, stooling and vomiting, Drinosblog whilesblowers reports. The children began to experience the symptoms first and they were taken to a hospital but did not make it.

A villager recounted the incident: “The children were the initial complainants and their parents quickly moved them to a nearby private hospital (names withheld). Every effort made to save them failed as they died one after the other.”

Soon after the children died, the parents came down with the same symptoms and were taken to a hospital where they died. Their remains of the deceased have been deposited at Adam Mortuary, Ugiri. Two other members of the family, who joined in eating the meal survived.

Reacting to the incident, the deceased’s first son, Mr. Chukwuemeka Nwosu, told newsmen that he was not at home when the incident occurred.

Chukwuemeka said that he suspected foul play. He alleged that his parents and siblings must have been poisoned by a relation over a protracted family matter and urged the security agencies to thoroughly investigate the incident.

Source; http://drinosblog..co.ke/2017/07/5-family-members-die-after-having-meal.html

This is obviously worse than Ghana Jollof rice.
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by AnanseK(m): 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
Evans brothers shocked

R.I.P. To the dead.
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by whizzyleejr(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
Apart from poisoning, is it not an expired or plastic rice??
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Onyenna(m): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:
Obianuju Nwosu should be held responsible.

She is the mother of the kids and she died as well.....

1 Like

Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by majorbravo: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:
Obianuju Nwosu should be held responsible.
Obianuju is one of the dead

1 Like

Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by justiniyke29: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
fadafuqer:
Eliiiiiiiiiiii grin grin grin

Na so them dey do
Useless iPod biafranic brains
I'm sure d cook used dettol in cooking it
YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID MAN EVER CREATED, A FAMILY JUST DIED AND YOU ARE TALKING TRASH

1 Like

Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rochas Rice.
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Freeman59: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Suspected killet

Yeah right, killet
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Josh44s(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
Agwu comes to my mind.
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by derossi: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
lalasticalalala,
this is highly lugubrious...
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by luvlymabel: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
i don't even know what to say
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Rolly22(m): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
fadafuqer:
Na so them dey do Useless iPod biafranic brains I'm sure d cook used dettol in cooking it
you're Just extremely Useless
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Lekewatt(m): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
fadafuqer:

Na so them dey do
Useless iPod biafranic brains
I'm sure d cook used dettol in cooking it
it's either they poisoned ur brain or they slapped ur brain. cos as it is, ur brain dey pain u.
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by dacovajnr: 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
makydee:
My dear, it can't too, and you know I'm following you with my makydebbiie account. So it's inevitable. grin
Ghana jollof is the best, if you eat it, you won't die I promise. smiley
Hmmmm, Nigerian Jollof is bae,if you eat it,infact you'd salivate @ the sight of it. What amma even saying when it's obvious that you've tasted it already but just won't admit it's superiority over ghanaian jollof and Ofcourse it doesn't kill tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by tonio2wo: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
I suspect ghanians!
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Tecno66: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
The pot of rice may have been poisoned.
Drinokrane:

Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by AleeDee(m): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nawa o. So ghanian jollof nw has upperhand dan 9ja jollof, as no such incident has bein reported abt gh jollof. (dont stone me o)

RIP to d dead. Mayb poisoned byd oda relatives dat survived if dey didnt shw any symptom at all
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by TinaAnita(f): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
Autopsy please. They were poisoned!
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Amah91(m): 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
What a tragedy...... well people needs go be careful this day, with their cooks and their relatives. the fact is that the person who poisoned the food is an insider

1 Like

Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Benekruku(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
I suspect Nnamadi Kanu! He should be interrogated!
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Ehinmola(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Drinokrane:

. Some of this so called anti-rodents preservatives used for beans,rice and other foodstuffs are poisonous to mankind. The need to regulate such usage is very important. Autopsy reports is required to acertain the cause of this death. RIP to the dead
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Tinablack: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
This incident happened close to my home town. Popsi told us about it some days back. They were poisoned by their fathers brother who was in house dispute with their late dad.
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by lolita1020(f): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
How true is this story

Maybe they ate rat poison
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by makydee(f): 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
dacovajnr:
Hmmmm, Nigerian Jollof is bae,if you eat it,infact you'd salivate @ the sight of it. What amma even saying when it's obvious that you've tasted it already but just won't admit it's superiority over ghanaian jollof and Ofcourse it doesn't kill tongue tongue

Maybe I'll salivate. But eating it and saying it's better than Ghana rice is so huueewww. tongue tongue. Because of me, when I was arriving here, my brother went to shop rite to get the kind of rice we eat in Ghana over here. That hard something. angry
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by eposho: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Awon badoo tunti de.ohh
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
post=58080441:
This is not good for our jollof reputation o. The Ghanaians should not hear or see this. Chai

grin grin
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by Gscales2017(m): 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by dave4rella(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
Food poisoning... Possibly caused by the presence of clostridium botulinum in the food, a deadly microorganism
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by dacovajnr: 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
makydee:
Maybe I'll salivate. But eating it and saying it's better than Ghana rice is so huueewww. tongue tongue. Because of me, when I was arriving here, my brother went to shop rite to get the kind of rice we eat in Ghana over here. That hard something. angry
@ the emboldened; not Maybe but you'll tongue...even myself wouldn't want to agree that my neighbour's LED TV is better than my black&white blaupunkt TV tongue grin

That's normal coz you were missing home, it happens to most of us when we are outta the shore of our countries grin

I can't imagine myself going a week without garrium sulphate grin grin

Bawo ni day e?
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by makydee(f): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
dacovajnr:
@ the emboldened; not Maybe but you'll tongue...even myself wouldn't want to agree that my neighbour's LED TV is better than my black&white blaupunkt TV tongue grin

That's normal coz you were missing home, it happens to most of us when we are outta the shore of our countries grin

I can't imagine myself going a week without garrium sulphate grin grin

Bawo ni day e?
LOL, be changing my words oo. angry
It's not normal because I still love amala with ewedu. kiss kiss
Hahahaha, do you know where I come from, there's nothing like yellow garri?
Sorry for my late reply, I'm not feeling too well.
Re: 5 Family Members Die After Having A Meal Of Jollof Rice In Imo State by dacovajnr: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
makydee:
LOL, be changing my words oo.
It's not normal because I still love amala with ewedu. kiss kiss
Hahahaha, do you know where I come from, there's nothing like yellow garri?
Sorry for my late reply, I'm not feeling too well.
Hehehehe, I ain't changing Oooo! Just stating the obvious ni. kiss kiss

Seem you've got a thing for "Swallow". The other day I read where u were talking to about having Eba grin grin. Anyways I can eat any swallow but definitely not eba coz it takes forever to digest so I prefer taking garri instead...can you prepare Amala?

Not surprised as yellow garri can only be found in 9ja grin

Haaa! What's wrong with my Pepeyoyo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Sex Workers Fight In Italy Fight Over Train Tickets, One Faints / Bandits Kill Traditional Ruler Of Mazoji In Katsina / Money Made Us Insert Cocaine Into Our Anuses (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.