Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport (26118 Views)

US Chartered Flight Lands At Lagos Airport / Tanker Filled With Engine Oil Falls On 2 Women In Rivers State (Photos) / Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by loadedvibes: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
If na naija sorry o
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by MrMcJay(m): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
In Lagos, they'll get good emergency response. In the other villages called states in Nigeria, they'll be snapping pictures of the burning jet.
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Swiftlee:
The devil did not succeed in this one grin
but when plane crashes its the devil abi. how does that sound?
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by jalay(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
I can never fly with united airline with all bad stories accompanying it..
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
Shit happens everywhere.
The problem is packaging

1 Like

Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ope ni fun oluwa

Hemcy care
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by Sirpaul(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
no be for 9ja....... news go carry am say plane crash don shele
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by kevoh(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
Those of you saying if na Naija bla, bla, bla, are just ignorant. angry The fire service (under FAAN) at our International Airports are on standby 24 hours, they basically have their office there. All it takes is a simple radio call from the Air traffic controllers who are the first eyes on ground at the airport. At least the one in Abuja, I have seen in action in both fire and non-fire emergencies, and they were efficient and responsive. Their firetrucks are similar to the one in the OP but in red color.

It's not every time you people will be denigrating your country. There is some good you know, even if it's minute. undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by Victornezzar: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Don't worry, you're safe inside that Ekene Dilli Chukwu luxury bus grin
see as u wan spoil pesin lie sha cheesy

2 Likes

Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by grandstar(m): 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
I'm incensed seeing this.

Seeing this reminds of the Sosoliso flight where the plane was on fire after landing. Because of the lack of water in the fire fighting trucks, all were roasted alive except 2 of them.

To admit injury to the wound, an incompetent FFK took over from an equally incompetent Aviation minister (I've forgotten his name)

Why weren't professionals kept in control of the airports? There's blood on the hands of people
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by banmee(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
Swiftlee:

god did not succeed this time grin

Yup. Because he had nothing to do with it as well.
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by grandstar(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
kevoh:
Those of you saying if na Naija bla, bla, bla, are just ignorant. angry The fire service (under FAAN) at our International Airports are on standby 24 hours, they basically have their office there. All it takes is a simple radio call from the Air traffic controllers who are the first eyes on ground at the airport. At least the one in Abuja, I have seen in action in both fire and non-fire emergencies, and they were efficient and responsive. Their firetrucks are similar to the one in the OP but in red color.

It's not every time you people will be denigrating your country. There is some good you know, even if it's minute. undecided undecided

Maybe now but the Sosoliso fire incident was due to the neglect of the fire service. It's a pity cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
just tell me one reason I won't call buhari a coward
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by RaptorX: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
kevoh:

I think people are referring to the regular fire service not the airport fire service who have to be on top of their game before countries like US and other western countries allow their airlines to fly into Nigeria.
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by wristbangle: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
Papiikush:
If that had been in Muritala Muhammad Airport, it will take the firefighters 50 minutes to get there meanwhile others will be looking for soap and water to put out the fire. grin

You won't even see them at all. cheesy
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by nextprince: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
All these ones suffering from chronic inferiority complex shouting "if na Nigeria" used to make noise how accidents don't even happen in the States. Now, one has occurred, the next is to open those same mouths and start shouting "if na Nigeria", are you people sick?
Pretty sure if the aircraft had gone up in flames roasting everyone onboard, you would still have opened those mouths saying same poo about Nigeria, are you people cursed with inferiority complex?

Only God is perfect but but patients of incurable complex see US as perfect.

1 Like

Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by Papiikush: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
wristbangle:

You won't even see them at all. cheesy
The plane go burn finish before them show up grin
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by iukpe: 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
If na Nigerian airline now, we for dey sing song of old planes.
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by wristbangle: 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
Papiikush:

The plane go burn finish before them show up grin

Before nko? And when media go report the case, you will see annoying headline like

Nigeria in Fresh Trouble: Boko Haram Bomb incoming plane from USA.
grin
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by kevoh(m): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
grandstar:

Maybe now but the Sosoliso fire incident was due to the neglect of the fire service. It's a pity cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Fair enough! That was when Obasanjo set the ball rolling for the sanitisation of the aviation sector. I am not saying every thing is now 100% with the aviation industry but things have improved. International bodies (ICAO) are now sending their own inspectors to ensure that the airports meet international safety standards. Without these certification, international airlines will refuse to fly into your airport. A lot of things going on underground!
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by kevoh(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
RaptorX:
I think people are referring to the regular fire service not the airport fire service who have to be on top of their game before countries like US and other western countries allow their airlines to fly into Nigeria.
At the bolded phrase, If you say so I can not speak for those ones.
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by SaulRazor: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
grandstar:
I'm incensed seeing this.

Seeing this reminds of the Sosoliso flight where the plane was on fire after landing. Because of the lack of water in the fire fighting trucks, all were roasted alive except 2 of them.

To admit injury to the wound, an incompetent FFK took over from an equally incompetent Aviation minister (I've forgotten his name)

Why weren't professionals kept in control of the airports? There's blood on the hands of people

Was there any single Air mishap under FFK? There was none so what are you saying
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by tukdi: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:
Choi and I'm on my way from Maiduguri to Abj. ...

Medview cry cry

U wey dey sell gala for lagos street! grin
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by tukdi: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Don't worry, you're safe inside that Ekene Dilli Chukwu luxury bus grin
grincheesygrincheesygrin

1 Like

Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
Watch out... The plane will be repaired, sell it to Nigeria at a cheaper rate...
Meaning.... Nigerians don't value lifes... All they are after is making money... Shikena
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by chiraqDemon(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
If na naija na pilot for first run comot from d plane
Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by grandstar(m): 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
kevoh:

Fair enough! That was when Obasanjo set the ball rolling for the sanitisation of the aviation sector. I am not saying every thing is now 100% with the aviation industry but things have improved. International bodies (ICAO) are now sending their own inspectors to ensure that the airports meet international safety standards. Without these certification, international airlines will refuse to fly into your airport. A lot of things going on underground!

I admit things have improved a lot but I'm still angry at the unnecessary deaths that occurred.

1 Like

Re: United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport by grandstar(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
SaulRazor:

Was there any single Air mishap under FFK? There was none so what are you saying

You are probably correct and feel sad.

However, was FFK the most qualified to take the post? Was the post not given to him to reward him for his loyalty by OBJ?

At such a critical time, the search for the best and most able should have been paramount and not political settlements.

And FFK is also on trial for looting during his time there. It's a big shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police In Croatia Deport Abia Uchenna Alexandro And Eboh Kenneth Chinedu / Man Who Was To Wed In December Killed In The Accident In Imo (Graphic Photos) / Pictures Of Travellers "Fighting" To Board Arik Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.