Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' (1052 Views)

Tokunbo Toyota Corrola Sport 2003 Model / See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car / 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by topsy509(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dear All,

I just got a Toyota Corolla sport 04'. Whenever I start the engine and the car is in 'park', all parts of the body will be vibrating. The vibration however reduces when I'm in motion but I can still feel it. I just changed some part of the engine seat now and the problem still persists. Please can somebody help with possible solutions....I'll be reading comments. Thanks
Re: Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by ascendo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
topsy509:
Dear All,

I just got a Toyota Corolla sport 04'. Whenever I start the engine and the car is in 'park', all parts of the body will be vibrating. The vibration however reduces when I'm in motion but I can still feel it. I just changed some part of the engine seat now and the problem still persists. Please can somebody help with possible solutions....I'll be reading comments. Thanks
there's no combustion in one or more if the cylinders... Start the engine, remove the spark plugs wires one after the other. The sound will always change immediately you remove it from each: if it doesn't, then there's no combustion in that particular cylinder. If so, see a good mechanic shop
Re: Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by topsy509(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Thank you. I will try that now.
Re: Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by Alvin007: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2017
ascendo is right...I once experienced this on a Toyota Matrix..after scanning, the results showed a 'cylinder 4 misfire detected' code.. scan your vehicle and you'll find out what the problem is..if u're in Ibadan, I can help with the scan..without any charges..

1 Like

Re: Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by topsy509(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
Alvin007:
ascendo is right...I once experienced this on a Toyota Matrix..after scanning, the results showed a 'cylinder 4 misfire detected' code.. scan your vehicle and you'll find out what the problem is..if u're in Ibadan, I can help with the scan..without any charges..

Thanks Alvin, unfortunately, I'm in Lagos. Would have it scanned here and do the needful. Thanks!
Re: Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by Yinkatolu: 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
topsy509:

Thanks Alvin, unfortunately, I'm in Lagos. Would have it scanned here and do the needful. Thanks!

I have an 04 corrola too that vibrates but i was told that there's nothing i can do about it that it's accidented.
Re: Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by ascendo(m): 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
Accidented or not, there's a cause for it and once you provide the solution, the vibration stops.
Re: Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by honmusa(m): 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
Misfire !!!!
Re: Vibration Issue On Toyota Corrola Sport 04' by timifakay(m): 3:34am On Jul 05, 2017
Yinkatolu:

I have an 04 corrola too that vibrates but i was told that there's nothing i can do about it that it's accidented.
1. Is the check engine light on?
2. Have you ever scanned?
3. If answer to question 2 is yes, what were the DTCs?

If vibration is as a result of previous accident then the chassis could be compromised.

(1) (Reply)

For Suspension And Power Steering - Buy Quality GEARBOX With 5% OFF. / Please Help Me! I Cant Upload Pictures On Nairaland / How To Clean Corroded Car Battery With Coca Cola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.