Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman (49767 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ishilove: 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Can't believe what I just read... what the...?!?
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by sledge001(m): 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
God bless you brother. Pay no attention to all these people talking about what they know not. Don't forget, the carnal minded can not understand spiritual realities so, no matter how much you explain they still can't figure out.

jared007:
https://www.nairaland.com/3895448/why-left-christ-embassy-church

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household (Matt 10: 36)

As a believer in Christ I was tempted to ignore Marchman but I had to write this reply to encourage Christ Embassy members especially the 'children' in particular and true Christians of different denominations in general.

Now concerning Marchman, going through his previous threads on Nairaland and the titled thread on why he left Christ Embassy i concluded he was never a true member of Christ Embassy or a christian but a Wolf among the Sheep. No true Christian goes to the media to write lies against his biological family, local church or other churches no matter how offended he is. This is why Muslims are more United than Christians.

Now to counter some points he made which I quoted in bold. For example he typed "They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money

It is written in Ecclesiastes 10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
Yes money answers everything. You need to read publications and messages on seed faith. Am not ignorant of the fact that some of our leaders might be over zealous in trying to hit a target by tasking someone to give but never have i been forced by my leaders against my will to give.
Christ Embassy projects are of high quality and numerous in reaching the unsaved and inspiring right living and they aren't cheap. I believe Donnie and Joagbaje can assist with images of our numerous programmes and projects.

"You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris birthday

The trash you wrote up there could only be written by a selfish man because according to the following verse of scriptures:
Gal 6: 6-10 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. Be not deceived; God is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

The only time we are opportune to sow into Pastor Chris anointing is during his birthday which is just once in a year. Marchman pls tell me how else we can honour or communicate to our pastor?

"The church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it"

Yea we are obsessed with money because of numerous projects that must be done before Jesus returns to rapture us. Why shouldn't we use money to serve God well now when it will be useless when we leave this earth? CE is interested in the job you do and ur financial abilities so your belief that we don't mind how we raise the money exist in your own imagination. I can't remember Jesus asking those Jews who were giving in the Temple where they got their money from. He didn't ask the widow too who gave her mites. Marchman u need to be cured of ur poverty mentality.

"Sin means nothing at Christ Embassy"

I don't know where you got this belief from because CE always frowns at any member that sins including an open rebuke. Some of our members that were caught in the act of fornication were excommuincated from the rest of the brethren and were told to sit at the back of the the church for each service till restitution. I ve witnessed this more then once. Scriptural readings from 1cor 5: 9-13 are read to the erring members.

Pastor Chris talks about sin, righteousness, heaven and hell but you don't know because you thought it's only Sunday services Pastor preaches to us. Pastor preaches to us everyday through Rhapsody of realities, tapes, cds, vcds, dvds, mp3 and software platforms.
When you lay much emphasis telling people not to sin that's when they will sin the more because it's the nature of man to sin when you tell him not to. Rom 7:15-20.

Saying Pastor Chris was accussed of fornication without any proof or evidence I won't bother to reply you on that.

"Pastor Chris is the orthodoxy"

According to 1st Cor 11:1 it says Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
So what's wrong if we always make reference to him and follow him?

You said "No one can challenge Pastor Chris." How can you challenge him? Where you the one that called him? He answers to the one that called him and only God shall reward or judge him not you.

You also said "He tries to change verse of scriptures by rewriting them?

You are filled with hatred because Pastor only lays emphasis on the original bible manuscripts which was written in Hebrew and Greek. How many study bibles have you read in your life? How many times have you even read your king James from back to back? Let your heart judge you.

As for your other rambling that I haven't countered I leave them for other Christ Embassy members to take care of.

Cc Joagbaje, Donnie, Gombs, Zionmade pls ur input is needed to encourage those children in Christ that might have gotten discouraged in serving God because of Marchman.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by bignero: 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
ayenitre:

Don't compare that charlatan to Christ. Christ warned us to be wary of people like him in the book of Matthew s. Is he still with his wife? Did his now ex-wife not accuse him of adultery? Didn't he accept admittance fee for crossover service about 5 years ago? What are his stance on masturbation?

It's either you're clueless or trying to be disingenuous to claim none of these things are true. If you're indeed clueless, well, its the information age, do some digging around, YouTube and Google will be a good place to start. Now, if you're being disingenuous, I got no time for your likes.

i wont waste time arguing with you

you ask is he still with his wife? are you literate? who left who?
so his wife accused him adultery?where in your office right?...you base you arguments on them say them say..my friend park well.
yes he accepted fees for his crusade..he did this to deter people, because the building capacity wasnt enough to contain all the people..and we know most people dont go to church for God,it was a move to sift people...some primary schools pay dollars, if your poor, doesnt mean their evil.
yes he said mastubation isnt a sin....a spiritually discerning person will understand what he was driving at...at this point ill stop casting my pearls before swine for the good book advises against that...fr you are blind, christ said even if you dont believe me, believe me based on the works i do....even if you doubt pastor chris.. research what hes doing in peoples life for christ..or keep wallowing in your blindness

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
tegak10:

Lets say 100 unbelivers try going. 10 get in what happens to the other 90 who couldnt pay the 1k?

What if the sinner came on his own free will, transported himself, left with only transport and his told to pay 1k or no entry?.

Did jesus ever tell people to pay money to hear the gospel?.

U know what no need to answer, ive read all i needed to. U trying to justify extortion speaks a lot. Bye

After explaining what we do with money far bigger than that you still conclude it is extortion. Shame.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by won91(m): 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
You sure do deserve a standing ovation.

nannymcphee:

This is one verse that is not to be taken literally, its not different from when Jesus asked us to take out our eyes if they cause us to Sin!(Matt 5:29). Going by your assertion, I will take it that you are still a young person who haven’t seen much of life. MONEY DOES NOT ANSWER ALL THINGS Money cannot makeup for time lost or certain destroyed relationship.

Steve Jobs, President Yardua , our current President whose status is unknown etc had/has all the money in the world but did it answer their situation? Guess you will say that they didn’t know how to put the money to work

Act 8:18
Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was given through the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money

Act 8:19
and said, "Give me this power too, so that when I lay my hands on someone he will receive the Holy Spirit."

Act 8:20
But Peter said to him, May your money perish with you because you thought you could obtain God's free gift with money

This Guy had money and he offered it but got rejected, so my dear when instructions are given in scriptures there are always exceptions and conditions to be fulfilled before it can produce results

I can add more scriptures to buttress the above point but the issue is how they go about it

1Co 9:13
Know ye not that they that minister about sacred things eat of the things of the temple, and they that wait upon the altar have their portion with the altar?

1Co 9:14
Even so did the Lord ordain that they that proclaim the gospel should live of the gospel.

1Ti 5:18
For the Scripture says, "You must not muzzle an ox while it is treading out grain," and "A worker deserves his pay."

please this isnt the only time you can give him something. if money is put into any envelope addressed to Pst Chris, the pastor of that congregation is obligated to send it up to his reporting line, and it will get to him

Herein lies the crux of the matter, the mentality and mindset of the teaching about money
The Bible is replete with admonitions/instructions to give and also the benefits of giving, it also shows the attitude we should have about giving.
when the principles for giving are violated, all forms of abuse and abnormalities will be birthed. This is the reason for all the stories of abuse in our churches. The summary for the Christian giving is embedded in

2Co 9:7
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

2Co 9:7
[Let] each one [give] just as he decides in his heart, not from sorrow [fig., reluctantly] or from necessity [fig., under compulsion], for God loves a cheerful giver.

But all we hear is “God loves a cheerful giver”. No one talks about the first part of let it be according to what you want to give or what you have planned to give.

In scriptures, Giving was primarily done for the saints but today, you folks have misconstrued it for projects and what have you

Act 4:34
For[b] neither was anyone needy among them[/b], for as many as were owners of lands or houses, selling them, they bore the value of the things being sold,

Act 4:35
and laid them at the feet of the apostles. And it was distributed to each according as any had need.

1Co 16:1
Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I gave order to the churches of Galatia, so also do ye.

1Co 16:2
Upon the first day of the week let each one of you lay by him in store, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come.

Rom 12:13
Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

In bible days, men sold their properties so that other believers can have, what we have today is giving towards "Mega church building", lavish lifestyle of the pastorate, expansion of the various churches etc

Anyone who says folks are not being forced to give in CE or that they care about the source of funds hasn’t woken up to the truth because they are so sunk into the whole thing that they don’t realize how lost they have become

In colloquial communication it is said that “Yansh nor dey hear e own smell”

Mat 16:21
From that time, Jesus began to show to His disciples that it was necessary for Him to go away to Jerusalem, and to suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and to be killed, and to be raised on the third day.
Mat 16:22
And having taken Him near, Peter began to rebuke Him, saying, God be gracious to You, Lord; this shall never be to You.

Almighty Jesus was rebuked by Peter, one of his disciple but your Pastor Chris cannot be rebuked

You nor see say you don dey go?

Did peter call Jesus?

How come peter could rebuke Jesus?

You might want to argue that it was satan that spoke through him because of the next verse but that very act of Peter taking Jesus aside shows the kind of relationship they had, it shows Jesus leadership style. It wasn’t that of a Boss or dictator. They could have unbelief, they could have doubts, they could have questions and Jesus never killed them for having either of these human attributes

Gal 2:11
But[b]when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly wrong[/b].

Gal 2:12
For until some men came from James, he was in the habit of eating with the gentiles, but after they came he drew back and would not associate himself with them, being afraid of the circumcision party.

Gal 2:13
The other Jews also joined him in this hypocrisy, to the extent that even Barnabas was caught up in their hypocrisy.

Gal 2:14
But[b]when I saw that they were not acting consistently with the truth of the gospel, I told Cephas in front of everyone[/b] "Though you are a Jew, you live like a gentile and not like a Jew. So how can you insist that the gentiles must live like Jews?"

How come Paul rebuked Cephas/Peter according to other translation?

Was he the one that called them?

A pastor is first a Christian before being a Pastor and its dangerous when a christain gets to the level where he cannot be corrected or rebuked.

CC
Joagbaje
Donnie
Gombs
Zionmade
Marchman

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
Jesus said many shall come in my name deceiving people and d very elect. Nigeria is d most religious country and at s same time d most corrupt country.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by nattyGENT: 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
zionmade:

Yes open ur Bible and show me why it is a sin to fry head?

abeg no disgrace yourself in defence of what you know is wrong since you are of CE
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by eunisam: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
jared007:

As a believer in Christ I was tempted to ignore Marchman but I had to write this reply to encourage Christ Embassy members especially the 'children' in particular and true Christians of different denominations in general.

Now concerning Marchman, going through his previous threads on Nairaland and the titled thread on why he left Christ Embassy i concluded he was never a true member of Christ Embassy or a christian but a Wolf among the Sheep. No true Christian goes to the media to write lies against his biological family, local church or other churches no matter how offended he is. This is why Muslims are more United than Christians.

Now to counter some points he made which I quoted in bold. For example he typed "They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money

It is written in Ecclesiastes 10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
Yes money answers everything. You need to read publications and messages on seed faith. Am not ignorant of the fact that some of our leaders might be over zealous in trying to hit a target by tasking someone to give but never have i been forced by my leaders against my will to give.
Christ Embassy projects are of high quality and numerous in reaching the unsaved and inspiring right living and they aren't cheap. I believe Donnie and Joagbaje can assist with images of our numerous programmes and projects.

The trash you wrote up there could only be written by a selfish man because according to the following verse of scriptures:
Gal 6: 6-10 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. Be not deceived; God is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

The only time we are opportune to sow into Pastor Chris anointing is during his birthday which is just once in a year. Marchman pls tell me how else we can honour or communicate to our pastor?

Yea we are obsessed with money because of numerous projects that must be done before Jesus returns to rapture us. Why shouldn't we use money to serve God well now when it will be useless when we leave this earth? CE is interested in the job you do and ur financial abilities so your belief that we don't mind how we raise the money exist in your own imagination. I can't remember Jesus asking those Jews who were giving in the Temple where they got their money from. He didn't ask the widow too who gave her mites. Marchman u need to be cured of ur poverty mentality.

I don't know where you got this belief from because CE always frowns at any member that sins including an open rebuke. Some of our members that were caught in the act of fornication were excommuincated from the rest of the brethren and were told to sit at the back of the the church for each service till restitution. I ve witnessed this more then once. Scriptural readings from 1cor 5: 9-13 are read to the erring members.

Pastor Chris talks about sin, righteousness, heaven and hell but you don't know because you thought it's only Sunday services Pastor preaches to us. Pastor preaches to us everyday through Rhapsody of realities, tapes, cds, vcds, dvds, mp3 and software platforms.
When you lay much emphasis telling people not to sin that's when they will sin the more because it's the nature of man to sin when you tell him not to. Rom 7:15-20.

Saying Pastor Chris was accussed of fornication without any proof or evidence I won't bother to reply you on that.

According to 1st Cor 11:1 it says Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

You said "No one can challenge Pastor Chris." How can you challenge him? Where you the one that called him? He answers to the one that called him and only God shall reward or judge him not you.

You are filled with hatred because Pastor only lays emphasis on the original bible manuscripts which was written in Hebrew and Greek. How many study bibles have you read in your life? How many times have you even read your king James from back to back? Let your heart judge you.

As for your other rambling that I haven't countered I leave them for other Christ Embassy members to take care of.

Cc Joagbaje, Donnie, Gombs, Zionmade pls ur input is needed to encourage those children in Christ that might have gotten discouraged in serving God because of Marchman.

this one pain u wella. sorry o
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Spicymercy(f): 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
zionmade:

Yes I also want to know where the Bible said sagging is a sin. I guess u re too carnally minded to think dat everything that is indecent in the eyes of man is a sin
guy pls read Matthew 18:7. whatever is indecent is not right with God. your conscience should be void of offence toward God and men... Read III John 12 also, the man being discussed here had good report of all men and of Truth itself... u are blessed.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by goodnews777: 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
Garbage. This write up is not from a christian . This is an unbelievers writing.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by efficiencie(m): 10:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
It is saddening...so saddening! The kingdom of darkness punish erring members and deviant behaviours while ensuring they do not bring their secret faults to the public knowledge of all...but among so called Christians moral norms are watery as what one Christian considers good another considers bad and they display they passion for the superiority of argument for the whole world to see...satan laughs, Jesus weeps over and over again...for over 2000 years until today, the children of this world remain wiser in their generations than those of light (Luke 16: 8 ). It is such a shame!!!
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by femarse: 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
zionmade:

U never jam salvation ministry members and u re complaining. We know how religion and hypocrisy is an instrument used by demons to divide Christianity into so called denominations. And it's not everytime dat u use sweet voice in addressing these issues. Yes Jesus was meek and gentle but on a good day he used a koboko to give people the race of their lives.

seems u are the only one who perfectly understand the Bible
here it is �� a a champions league trophy for you for your expertise
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Trexnemesis(m): 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
zionmade:

Yes I also want to know where the Bible said sagging is a sin. I guess u re too carnally minded to think dat everything that is indecent in the eyes of man is a sin

So sagging is a virtue, abi!
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by fromnigeria(m): 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
jared007:

I thought you really had points to disprove him. NONE.
You made just one point. His coming to a Paganistic and Worldly Nairaland to opine.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Trexnemesis(m): 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
Seed faith! What is that? From which verse in the bible did that come from? They use different methods to make people part with their money. Na waaaah o. Seed faith.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Hydrolysis(m): 11:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
according to my opinion o pastor chris is a man of god but most members are dam messed up. infact dam guys are choking the church
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by OlaSammie: 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Wow! I read all the comments on this thread but nawa for OP o,he was just uncouth with his utterances.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by LeFreakSoChic(f): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
analice107:

Am going to say only this. Muslims are not more united than Christians.

I can't remember the last time the JW member rose up with a knife to kill a Catholic because he sees a catholic as a heretic.

Have you killed any Mormon before becos he is worshipping Angels? TBJoshua is going about with whatever he is doing, all we can do is talk, but you can never see any Christian casting a stone on him.

But, keep Shiites and Sunnis together and see.

Do you know how many secs are in Islam? They are 5, and they hate each other fiercely. They kill each other.

Pls disregard their lies of unity, they are not united. They only unite when it comes to killing you because they all believe in Jihad which Muhammad stood for.

See how you brought dowb a religion just to prove a point. How are you any better? Is that what your Bible teaches you? To bring others down to justify your actions? You had to paint them bad to defend Jerry Curls and his unbiblical ways?
I keep saying it, the only difference between Christianity and Islam is that the former are coded hypocrites while the latter don't hide their feelings. Both buuulllshit religions. F.uck all of you for creating disunity amongst people with your borrowed religions. I don't want to believe you are a SHE because your idiocy is corrosive. FOH.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by analice107: 12:00am On Jul 10, 2017
LeFreakSoChic:

See how you brought dowb a religion just to prove a point. How are you any better? Is that what your Bible teaches you? To bring others down to justify your actions? You had to paint them bad to defend Jerry Curls and his unbiblical ways?
I keep saying it, the only difference between Christianity and Islam is that the former are coded hypocrites while the latter don't hide their feelings. Both buuulllshit religions. F.uck all of you for creating disunity amongst people with your borrowed religions. I don't want to believe you are a SHE because your idiocy is corrosive. FOH.

I only stated why the two faiths are different, what did i say that is making you foam in the mouth like an epileptic patient?

Shd we allow lies to stand as truth? Islam is a religion, Christianity is a relationship. We talk to our God, he talks to us back, but allah has never spoken either to Muhammed or any muslim. It's been through some demons disguising as jibril.

Oga calm down o, make epilepsy no catch you. Dey anger high.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 10, 2017
bignero:

i wont waste time arguing with you

you ask is he still with his wife? are you literate? who left who?
so his wife accused him adultery?where in your office right?...you base you arguments on them say them say..my friend park well.
yes he accepted fees for his crusade..he did this to deter people, because the building capacity wasnt enough to contain all the people..and we know most people dont go to church for God,it was a move to sift people...some primary schools pay dollars, if your poor, doesnt mean their evil.
yes he said mastubation isnt a sin....a spiritually discerning person will understand what he was driving at...at this point ill stop casting my pearls before swine for the good book advises against that...fr you are blind, christ said even if you dont believe me, believe me based on the works i do....even if you doubt pastor chris.. research what hes doing in peoples life for christ..or keep wallowing in your blindness

I saw his 'works' and I am not impressed. Extortion of the weak and poor, herectic teachings and marital divorce are not fruits of the holy spirit.

This is all I can take tonight. Have a blessed day!
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 12:38am On Jul 10, 2017
ayenitre:

I saw his 'works' and I am not impressed. Extortion of the weak and poor, herectic teachings and marital divorce are not fruits of the holy spirit.

This is all I can take tonight. Have a blessed day!

When they ask you to defend your stance with scripture now you would run like you did before. Extortion of which weak and poor? Heretic teachings or the ones that fly over you? Marital divorce? LOL. So Jesus bore bad fruits since Judas betrayed him?
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 12:55am On Jul 10, 2017
Joagbaje:

Nice write up . I have posted many article where pastor Chris spoke against sin . Why would someone just lie .just because of bad belle

i am an atheist and i suppose that shouldnt matter. but i am just curious to know if you think masturbation is a sin before Oyakhilome said it is not a sin IN ITSELF?

just to add that i, as an atheist, do not see it as anyone's business if the guy or lady next door masturbates. and please dont say you can discuss issues with me because i am an atheist.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 1:00am On Jul 10, 2017
maxxy:
You criticize me for quoting Pastor Chris in my speech, yet Karl Marx, Socrates, Lenin, Robert Kiyosaki, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, etc are quoted by their adherents. Infact, we devote a lot of time in our Universities learning about the vain philosophies of some of these men!

vain philosophies? of course i dont expect anything else people in an intellectually backward nigeria. those 'vain' philosophies, as you call it, have stood the test of time longer than christianity has
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by grandstar(m): 1:09am On Jul 10, 2017
zionmade:

And why is drying of hair a sin? Mr Judge

Romans 12:2 warns us not to Br fashioned after this system of things. Such hairstyles does not present you as a servant of God +Malachi 3:18)
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by CrownStarPro(m): 1:23am On Jul 10, 2017
I read Marchman's posts. I have read yours. This is my own experience.

When I was younger, we use to attend christ Apostolic Church. At the age of 8, we startee attending Mountain of Fire.

When I turned 15, we left mountain of fire for CE.
The first service I attended in CE was awkward to me. Especially whenever prayer points are called, even a 6 year old kid will be speaking gibberish.

What pained me most is: I pray in clear English. One day, someone approached me and said I wasn't filled with the Holy Spirit. I was 16 then. I was astonished by those words. I asked him "How?" he replied by telling me that I don't speak in tongues.

I swallowed that. I joined the choir in CE. I discovered something among the members of CE. The previous choir master was excommunicated because he married from dunamis church and the pastor in CE wasn't in support of the marriage. That guy left CE.

I caught the new choir master fvcking the lead female singer on one of our Saturday choir practice in the church hall. They didn't expect me to come so early. I was 17 then. He tried to bribe me with some cash which I rejected, then the lady offered her body for a quickie... I had to run away because I scared for my life..Humans can do anything when their reputation is at stake. I left the church for a while.

Months later, I came back. Things worsened. Or maybe my eyes opened. I swept the previous incident under the rugs (except now).
I observed the semi-nude dressing in the church, the guys who fry hair... In fact... I stopped seeing CE as a church... My friends call it - Pimping gathering. A gathering where you hunt for women to lay with.

Everyone in CE try to act big and robust while they are dying silently. Fakers everywhere.

In fact CE tire me. I'm 20 now. I only visit CE once in a long while especially when I want to Jus get a fling with someone.

I forgot to mention that I was almost harassed sexually by one of their ushers when I visited one time some months back. It was mid-service and I was set to leave. I would have fallen for it but thank God someone came out to pee just in time... That was the last visit.

It's one of the Abuja branch. Don't ask me to be precise. SMH
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 1:25am On Jul 10, 2017
zionmade:

Mr spiritman, if the fullness of the Spirit dwells in U, u will never open ur mouth to criticize the congregation of Christians no matter Wat. I Guess u don't know about the Spirit of fear of God that will make u not want to make the mistake of ever saying bad about the annointing of God on someone's life. Am totally against indecency infancy as a lady u don't spend up to 5minutes with me dressed indecently but I hate hypocrisism and pretence. we have bad eggs in all the churches, then why do hypocrites only choose to point fingers. Even Jesus had 12 core leaders and one was a thief

i think it is a good political philosophy for every organization to self-criticise. failure to do that would mean the natural demise of such an organization. if Martin Luther did not paste his 99 thesis publicly, criticizing the then pope, i dont think you will have pentecostal churches today and by extension, christ embassy.

and pls, dont use that familiar passage about touch not my annointed... the catholics were fond of using that when the pentecostals and protestants criticised the pope and their reverend fathers. they would say something like: you are playing with fire! just as you guys are doing now. bur guess what? as time went by, they saw reasons and they had to reform certain things which has made the church better now.

the thing is: whenever i look at pentecostal churches today, not just christ embassy, but all pentecostal churches in nigeria, i see them making.the same mistakes the catholics and the catholic church made in those days.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 1:48am On Jul 10, 2017
gare:

But he is very correct I don't know why you're try to defend Christ embassy

he is very correct. anyone who knows christ embassy very well will agree with him. but i understand the passion of these guys. all organizations have their likes and they have their role they play. if not for them, radicals, in no time, many people will have an exaggerated and stereotypical view of christ embassy. so they will always be there. they are important.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by zionmade(m): 2:16am On Jul 10, 2017
grandstar:

Romans 12:2 warns us not to Br fashioned after this system of things. Such hairstyles does not present you as a servant of God +Malachi 3:18)
Imagine how u had to construct that verse just to suite urself. So how exactly from the Bible is frying hair the pattern of the world? Hint every pattern of the world is listed by Paul in one chapter or the other in his letters to Corinthians
2. Does sinners barb their hair in low cut style? do u do the same?
3. Does sinners wear jean (I remember Evans was wearing one during his arrest) do u wear jeans?
4. Does sinners wear canvas? Do u wear canvas?
So I will need to know exactly why frying hair Is a pattern of the world because as u read this someone with ur hairstyle maybe somewhere comiting fornication

2 Likes

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by zionmade(m): 2:21am On Jul 10, 2017
Trexnemesis:

So sagging is a virtue, abi!
Sagging is not a virtue, it is not morally right, I remember the day my pastor talked about it but sagging is not a sin. But it can stop u from winning a soul to Christ because of the way the person will look at u, that is where God's judgement comes in, but if u can sag and still win that soul (which is almost impossible ) then no problem
the same way
no bathing for two days is not decent, it's not a virtue, but it's not a sin

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by zionmade(m): 2:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Spicymercy:

guy pls read Matthew 18:7. whatever is indecent is not right with God. your conscience should be void of offence toward God and men... Read III John 12 also, the man being discussed here had good report of all men and of Truth itself... u are blessed.
Is not bathing for 2 days decent?
Is leaving ur house dirty to go to work decent?
Is going to work flying out ur shirt decent?
Is wearing a dirty and torn clothes decent?
Are they also sins?

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Sharon6(f): 2:36am On Jul 10, 2017
dhardline:
I was at Christ embassy just once and I was not even a born again then and my spirit was totally against the things I saw. Infact I left before the service was over.

Same here o my brother. I was invited to their vigil 11-12 years ago I can't remember precisely.
I wore a long skirt and long sleeve top and covered my head with scaff Shebi I'm going to church now, on getting to the venue I had to check again if I'm not in a night club. The men had their heads fried and most sagged their trousers, the ladies nko? Hmmmmm! The sister at the entrance welcoming us wore a very tight leggings showing her camel toe from the front and her bottocks from the back, it was as if she's naacked! Hian! Come and see mini skirts, see through tops, very tight shape revealing trousers, as in glory of a woman on full display. Falling under anointing nko? The student pastor will blow Breeze into the microphone and you'll see them falling like it has been previously rehashed. You need to see the way I was avoided like a plague because of my dressing, if not that it was a vigil I would've have left during the service. Since then I borrowed myself sense and didn't near there again. If all these happened 12-13 years ago I wonder how the settings will be like nowadays!
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by michaelfriday44(m): 2:43am On Jul 10, 2017
with the number of people supporting matchman just remember of rapture and it is everyone for himself, thank uwith the number of people supporting matchman just remember of rapture and it is everyone for himself, thank uwith the number of people supporting matchman just remember of rapture and it is everyone for himself, thank u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Air-conditioned Church Built By Tonimas In Neni, Anambra (Photos) / Oyedepo: Earphones Are Designed By Devil To Block Your Way Forward In Life / Pastor Samuel Udo-Mbang Is Dead. Deeper Life Swaziland Overseer Slumps & Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.