Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer (23315 Views)

Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer / Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa / Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
obailala:
Who's oil?... SS oil.
tell me fg has not been extracting from Rivers
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by lilytender: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
sean1000x:

As if Igbos are your mate? This is the kind of insult Igbos receive in this country. Do you think Igbos are ordinarily black people? Igbos that bounced back from the civil war with nothing, and will now suffer in their own country with all their financial war chest? SMH

Financial war chest derived from armed robbery, kidnapping, drug pushing, fake drugs, baby factory.
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by obailala(m): 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
kaluxy007:
tell me fg has not been extracting from Rivers
What exactly are u talking about?... Cant you explain yout point? Abi u need help?.. I'm totally lost here.
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Esiturua(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
Anybody that says Igbo should not breakout of Nigeria should go back and live with his parents and see if he will be able to survive it.
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
Billyonaire:
They are crying more than the Igbos. These idiots do not know that secession does not mean relocation of assets. Individuals will live where they want. They can decide to own dual citizenship. How did all idiots end up in APC ?

In our own dictionary here up north secession means massive deportation of Biafrans in addition to denying them residency permits and/or dual citizenship. The Kaduna declaration was intended to sound a strong warning to the Biafrans of what will befall them if they persist in treading down this road. You can run go cry to Donald Trump. Dual citizenship/residency my arse
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Suspect33(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
nototribalist:
There's no insult igbos won't receive from every riff Raff. They think igbos are Afonjas that are thieves and parasites. Taking what doesn't belong to them.
check your username( no to tribalist) and re-read what you posted, are you nt being a hypocrite)
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by belzabull(f): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
obailala:
With the trillions in investments that Igbos have all over Nigeria, with the business oriented travelling nature of Igbos, yes it is FACT that there will be major discomfort if Biafra breaks away from Nigeria. Especially considering the fact again that the current breakaway campaign isnt being championed in a cordial manner, there's a very high likelihood that Nigeria will make things difficult for Igbos who choose to remain in Nigeria and the only people who don't seem to give a damn about this are secessionist chanters who dont have a single block outside Igboland.

So yeah, you asked me what the FACT is and I just mentioned it above. And speaking/reacting out of emotions is the only reason why anyone wouldn't have been able to realise the above, but rather chose to rain insults on the man.
peaceful protest isn't cordial?

commemoration rally isn't cordial?

sit at home order isn't cordial?

asking for referendum isn't cordial?

or maybe shooting unarmed protesters is cordial abi?

disrupting a commemoration gathering is peaceful okwaya?

Or maybe of course to you being cordial means keeping quiet when others insult and call us all sort of unprintable names, and them when we give it back them in equal measure they come up with all sorts of nonsense talk about insulting them.

To start with, Nigeria is likened to a zoo because of it's lawlessness and disregard for the rule of law, and for those who hold that assertion, isnt it a statement of FACT too?

Even while still in Nigeria, things are being deliberately made difficult for Igbos, so no one is expecting things to be any smoother when Igbos secede, and yes it is expected that things will be tad difficult at the beginning. However, know it that both parties will feel the brunt if there's a secession- FACT.

Whatever makes you think the situation will be more difficult than post 1970 when igbos were left with virtually nothing and rallied back to be the envied force economically, and you think survival in 2017 will be more difficult than then? Point is this: Igbos have seen worse, and whatever happens if Biafra secedes today cannot be worse (not even as bad) as it was in 1970, FACT!

And yes, blame not those who chose to insult the man cos he just spoke like a true Nigerian politician just to curry favour of his party and their supporters, nothing unusual about a Nigerian politician being insulted...its normal

Good day!
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by nototribalist: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
Suspect33:
check your username( no to tribalist) and re-read what you posted, are you nt being a hypocrite)
go to hell
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Ralphdan(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
seXytOhbAd:

Finally. A sharp mind. Okay, there's coal in Enugu. But building a dam is dependent on factors apart from just availability of water. The south south most likely won join forces with Biafra , and the Biafra cannot win the Nigerian Armed Forces right now. I also for see an economic weakening because the major immediate market for Biafra will be Nigeria. All that talk of air cargo is subjective to Nigeria agreeing to Biafra bound airplanes in its airspace. So that is checked as well.

The SS will join force with Biafra anytime it results to war its just based on agreement "when Nigeria is defeated you have ur country I have mine"
Even the Middle belt n SW will love to leave a union that is nt in anyways favourable.

Am a political scientist so I can authoritatively tell you that the Biafra army will defeat Nigerian army if only they make good alignment with a major power.

Speaking of economics I tell you that political economically speaking if there ever be Biafra the Nigerian government will have no choice than to let Igbo's which we both know are blessing to the whole of Nigeria to come in and trade freely.

I bet you majority of SS will follow suit if there ever be Biafra war2.What the Biafrans needs is a gud strategy to carry SS along because they suffer more in this union than the IBos.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Suspect33(m): 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
nototribalist:
go to hell
dont mean to offend you bro, lets reason like men, how has tribalism helped anybody in this country, there is no cause for insults bro
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by morbeta(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
Billyonaire:
They are crying more than the Igbos. These idiots do not know that secession does not mean relocation of assets. Individuals will live where they want. They can decide to own dual citizenship. How did all idiots end up in APC ?

My brother what do you expect from a party whose leader has no waec result.
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by obailala(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
belzabull:
peaceful protest isn't cordial?

commemoration rally isn't cordial?

sit at home order isn't cordial?

asking for referendum isn't cordial?

or maybe shooting unarmed protesters is cordial abi?

disrupting a commemoration gathering is peaceful okwaya?

Or maybe of course to you being cordial means keeping quiet when others insult and call us all sort of unprintable names, and them when we give it back them in equal measure they come up with all sorts of nonsense talk about insulting them.

To start with, Nigeria is likened to a zoo because of it's lawlessness and disregard for the rule of law, and for those who hold that assertion, isnt it a statement of FACT too?

Even while still in Nigeria, things are being deliberately made difficult for Igbos, so no one is expecting things to be any smoother when Igbos secede, and yes it is expected that things will be tad difficult at the beginning. However, know it that both parties will feel the brunt if there's a secession- FACT.

Whatever makes you think the situation will be more difficult than post 1970 when igbos were left with virtually nothing and rallied back to be the envied force economically, and you think survival in 2017 will be more difficult than then? Point is this: Igbos have seen worse, and whatever happens if Biafra secedes today cannot be worse (not even as bad) as it was in 1970, FACT!

And yes, blame not those who chose to insult the man cos he just spoke like a true Nigerian politician just to curry favour of his party and their supporters, nothing unusual about a Nigerian politician being insulted...its normal

Good day!

Oh yes! peaceful demonstrations and sit at home orders is all you can see and remember right? I'm sure you were blind to all the hate messages that characterised the rise and rise of IPOB especially post 2015 elections? I'm sure you are blind to all the thousands of insults and threats to Nigeria and Nigerians (and even to Igbos who dared to think differently from the ipob ideology) which even occurs up till now (kindly go on social media pages and read comments since you claim to be blind). I recently watched an old clip of the unthinkable insults directly from the 'director' when he labelled all who attend churches headed by Yorubas as imbeciles; in his exact words, "anybody attending a church with a Yoruba pastor is an idiot, a complete fool and an iimbecile cos they are worse than boko haram. Any person attending their churches is not fit to be called a human being." Of course, those words to you sound like beautiful compliments which would make the rest of Nigeria be very cordial and courteous to Igbos if there should eventually be a break-up?

Of course Igbos suffered a great deal post-civil war, but the question is, what is the rationale for imposing those conditions on ourselves 50 years later in 2017?... Jonathan lost an election and everyone goes berserk. Every single thing wrong with Nigeria today, and which is suffered by Igbos is also suffered by every other part of Nigeria and it all stems from bad leadership. No single attempt has been made to hold leaders governing Igboland accountable, but all of a sudden, the problem is instantly viewed as 'ndi yoruba and na ndi awusa n'emegbu anyi,' so therefore we must drag ourselves back to 1970 because some people have refused to put on their thinking caps (if they have any) to identify the real problems.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Okudiover(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
APC listen

THE LANDLOCK POPPYCOCK

Now that the ashes of the Biafra talk is still smoldering, with few sparks here and there, I think it is important to address this once again.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will be a landlocked country. Yes.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will have one of the highest population densities in the world because of its smaller landmass. Yes.

Are these obstacles to economic growth and development? Yes.

Are they insurmountable? No.

The need to address this arose out of the myriads of assumptions on what may likely be the fate of a sovereign Biafran state should Nigeria continue to refuse our call to restructure and save itself from imminent implosion.

Many have said that a sovereign Biafra will face the huddles of geography due mainly to its small land mass and landlocked state.

Being landlocked is an impediment to economic growth no doubt,The World Bank said its negative impact equals about 1.5% of GDP. But access to the sea is not in itself a guarantee to economic growth either.

With developments in technology, logistics and huge improvements in air transportation, committed countries have cut down on this impediment to a negligible level.I think you know about the Antonov An 225 Mriya cargo aircraft which has the capacity to carry over 450,000 kg of weight?

Moreso, the world is moving into a full knowledge economy where the internet of things has erased physical borders.

Still on the issue of landlocked?

Of Africa's top 10 fastest growing economies, four are landlocked among them are Rwanda, Botswana, and Ethiopia. Zambia which has remained Africa's shinning example of democracy and stability is equally landlocked.

And of Africa's poorest and economic laggards, many have access to the sea, among them are Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mauritania, Mozambique,Congo DRC, Togo, Sao Tome and Somalia of all countries.

Having access to the sea with irresponsible leadership equals mental and psychological lock, and that is the worst kind. Nigeria is a clear example.

In an age of jumbo cargo planes, and international trade corridors, being landlocked is an archaic excuse against development.

Ethiopia has taken the lead in linking up east African countries by fast electric train with connection to the Port of Djibouti. This has cut to a day, the time it takes for a container to get to Addis Ababa from Djibouti Port. Yet it takes three to four days from a container to get to Aba from Lagos.

Djibouti is building one of the worlds largest integrated sea port with a cargo airport to service over 25 African countries and 400 million people. It has become so competitive they are cutting costs.

During the last economic crisis that hit Europe, it is interesting to note that all the PIIGS ( Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain) countries all have access to the sea. Yet Switzerland, Luxembourg and Austria that are landlocked were economically more buoyant.

Every student of development is aware that geography does not hold the influence it used to have as a determinant of development. In its place, culture has taken precedent. That is why some of the most magnificent cities today are rising up from places that were ordinary deserts four decades ago. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar among others.

Have we wondered how Haiti and Dominican Republic share same weather and climatic conditions with unimpeded access to drown in the sea .......yet they are complete opposites?

Biafra has land poverty.....

Yes. The South East is one of the most densely populated regions in Africa. In places like enclave (Mbaise) driving through the communities, you might think there is a festivity going on.

But how is that a disadvantage?

Greater Tokyo Metropolitan Area houses over 30 million people comfortably.

To what extent has landmass stopped Hong Kong from growing?

Monaco has 25,718 people per square km.

Bangladesh, North Korea, Rwanda, Netherlands and India all have high densities, yet people are not marching on the heads of others.

And who said if Biafra becomes a sovereign state, every Biafran must live in Biafra?

What makes you think that if Biafra becomes a sovereign state that Niger Delta Republic will refuse to enter an agreement with it granting it access to either the ports at Onne, or Calabar, especially as there will be money to be made from it?

Dont be surprised that Oduduwa Republic and Niger Delta Republic will be competing to woo Biafra importers to use their ports. And mark my word, Arewa Republic will become Biafra's major food exporter. Nation states are guided by political and economic interests not mundane sentiments.
The ignorance of a majority of Nigerians are unparalleled. Those, who make this lame argument that Biafra will suffer because it is landlocked.

Ndi Ara!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Pylony(m): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
Abeg make them give them the Right to hold on to their Biafra and live us for our Nigeria make we have some rest na.
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by engrchykae(m): 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
seXytOhbAd:

How exactly? Because I'm sure the Nigerian govt may feel inclined to treat Biafra as a non-Ecowas entity, and may rule out trade between both countries
so in your mind you think that nigeria can stop us from being a registered member of ecowas?i hope by trade you dont mean this Cotonou- Badagry second hand goods?
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by seXytOhbAd(m): 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
engrchykae:
so in your mind you think that nigeria can stop us from being a registered member of ecowas?i hope by trade you dont mean this Cotonou- Badagry second hand goods?

Sigh. My brother, calm down and be matured in your response. Who else is responsible for the influx of secondhand goods into the country apart from the igbos?
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by ComputerSeller: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
PointZerom:

And your zoo brothers living in other countries should stay abi?.
I laugh whenever I see fear laced speeches from Igbophobic/Biafraphobic souls.
They are terribly scared of SE/SS slipping off their fingers.
They believe they would annex Biafran assets in their domain, while theirs in foreign lands would remain untouched.
THE SANCTIONS FROM UN/EU/AU WOULD RUIN NIGERIA SUCH THAT ZIMBABWE AS A CASE STUDY WOULD BE A CHILD'S PLAY.

Nevertheless, I support restructuring(true federalism).

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
sirequity:
How does their sufferings concern you?

Someone wants to suffer why not let him go and suffer?

Is igbos suffering more than your senatorial zone? How has their stay in Nigeria lifted up their suffering?
Ask them. . .

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by engrchykae(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
seXytOhbAd:

Sigh. My brother, calm down and be matured in your response. Who else is responsible for the influx of secondhand goods into the country apart from the igbos?
and who else is responsible for the influx of genuine goods in nigeria?the southwest i guess or the suya selling north.the fact is that when we leave we leave with even the poor economy you are boasting of.
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by baysol: 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ziluxger:

You guys are very pathetic with distorted reasoning. Stop crying, stop showing your frustration on ibos resilience on a course they have chosen for themselves which they are also ready to accept the consequences whether good or bad. Your rant above can be better described as sarcasm(frustration and crying while at the same time keeping body as if u are supporting their course). Stop plz.

Does this people(IGBO) ever have a single fibre of truth in them ever? The rudderless leaders of Yoruba land must make sure they strategise against this evil people and hold the bull by the horn to challenge any of their wicked plan before its too late. Let Nigeria go with is fate and stop protecting it like its the greatest project Oduduwa bequeath to the yorubas. Bi ebiti o ba meku afi eyin feleyin. Lobatan.
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Adminisher: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

You are deceiving yourself if you think Nigeria will break up under terms favourable to the Ibos. It will be very punitive. Business, career, education, property rights will be affected.
You guys have to wake up and smell the coffee.
The Europeans are making it very clear to the British ; only an idiot thinks he can eat his cake and have it.

The first ten years of Biafra on its own will be harrowing.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Gayigaskia(m): 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
sean1000x:

As if Igbos are your mate? This is the kind of insult Igbos receive in this country. Do you think Igbos are ordinarily black people? Igbos that bounced back from the civil war with nothing, and will now suffer in their own country with all their financial war chest? SMH

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by aribisala0(m): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
eastsidechillz:
We did not suffer when u killed millions of innocent children.

We did not suffer when u took away everything we had nd gave us only 20pounds.

We did not suffer when your qaouta system refused to create a level playing ground.

We did not suffer when u with Britain nd all Arab ally's destroyed everything in Igbo land.

With massive brown rooms in SW

IDP camp in the north.
Oga tell me, who is suffering now.

Oga pls go nd sleep, wake up again nd talk 2 m

Actually you suffered.

You suffered a lot ........... And Ojukwu Lun away to Ivory Coast
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by aribisala0(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

That is wishful thinking. Maybe in Europe

The reality will be very different in Nigeria . Just like Pakistan/India South Sudan ,Eritrea with whom we share similar characteristics. Maybe you are not old enough to remember Ghana must go. One reason for the backlash is the IPOB methodology they have gone about their business in a very offensive way .
Normally what you describe might have happened in the SW because of the peaceful nature but when the Eboes fro the North start relocating to the SW it will cause problems and trust me they will be ejected from the north.That is guaranteed

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by oyatz(m): 12:21am On Mar 18, 2018
George Moghalu himself is an igboman and a one time governorship aspirant.

PointZerom:
As if your own people are not suffering in Nigeria of today.

Stupidity fall on you
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by patval(f): 12:29am On Mar 18, 2018
one of the BMC patron spewing dungs everywhere, commonsense does not allow him understand that there is strength in purposeful suffering rather than hopeless suffering currently ravaging everywhere in this contraception called zoogeria. APC mofos always argue against upright reasoning and that is why they have never gotten anything right since their coming to power.
Re: Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer by Uchek(m): 6:34am On Mar 18, 2018
[/quote] All the crimes you listed with regards to Igbos, are they the only crime in Nigeria?[quote author=baysol post=58111474]

Why all these warnings to these miscreants from the East? There is a proverb in Yoruba that says it is lack of will to refuse that made the wooden ladle to plunge its head into the hot water. Let those who have ears hear. Mine be say Nigeria will never miss this lazy money lovers, who has contributed nothing to the Nigerian nationhood but only what they can get is important. They have threatened our unity (Ojukwu civil war), kidnapped (Evans....), drug dealing (all over the world), heat up polity (kanu..), rubbish corrupt businesses (Alaba market). Let this p[eople go in peace abeg and let us see if their theory of south West economy will go down will ever happen. If they must know south west will grow from strength to strength with out oil with cocoa, oil palm, tourism agricultural cash crops, Industry and real estate to name just few. Please, fellow Nijas let this people go without a fight the are fake Israelites as they claim they have a lot of supprises waiting for their sorry a-sses in Biafra. Lobatan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso / 'INEC Rec Is Working For PDP, Redeploy Him': Akwa Ibom Youths Protest (Photos) / 14 Senators, 23 Reps Lose Re-Election Bids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.