Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,194 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) (5163 Views)

Phone Technology Acronyms That You Probably Did Not Know / The Real Meaning Of 9mobile, Etisalat’s New Name – CEO Makes Revelation / Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2017
Meaning of Up Down Arrows in signal
bar in Android Mobile

Have you ever noticed two small arrows on the
signal bar of your Android smart phones.

In some of the phones, these arrows will appear very near to the signal bar.

Here is the meaning of those small cute arrows:

Arrow Facing upwards :

It means that data is transferred from your mobile phone into Internet. Yes, you are uploading some information from your phone to Internet.

The uploading data might be Small texts that you send on Whatsapp or large video file you are uploading to Facebook.

So now, just check this with the following examples :

1.Enable internet on your phone , Go to google.com and type something. While typing the keyword, you can notice the up arrow will be displayed . It means that the search term is uploaded from your mobile to internet.

2.Upload an Image to Whatsapp. You can observe the up arrow appearing again. Arrow Facing downwards: Obviously as you guessed, the down arrow means that you are downloading some data . The data may
vary from a "Hi" message in whatsapp to a big
torrent file. So , Hereafter you can easily check whether the data transmission is happening or not , using this two small arrows.

Arrow Facing downwards:
Obviously as you guessed, the down arrow means that you are downloading some data . The data may vary from a "Hi" message in whatsapp to a big
torrent file. So , Hereafter you can easily check whether the data transmission is happening or not , using this two
small arrows.

So if the two arrows blink at the same time, that means you're downloading and uploading data at the same time

www.pukspeed.com/2014/12/meaning-of-up-down-arrows-in-signal-bar-android-mobile.html?m=1
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 11:57am On Jul 04, 2017
lalasticlala
puskin ,
dragnet,
honsule

1 Like

Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by hapheeyxz: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by directonpc(m): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
Na wa o. Is this even important?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
directonpc:
Na wa o. Is this even important?
it might not be important to you, but it's important to some

1 Like

Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by TDonald: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
mumu post undecided

4 Likes

Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by Olibboy: 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lol... sometimes if you don't send anything both arrows will display.
If only down arrow display your data won't connect to internet.
Whenever both arrow display your data and d internet is responding.
THANK ME LATER.

1 Like

Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by Prevho: 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
Olibboy:

THANK ME LATER.

Actually you are wrong.

Up is sending or uploading data

Down Is receiving or downloading data.

It is when down is showing you are receiving data or information, so you are connected.

If up alone is showing, it is trying to send but its Having problems.

1 Like

Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2017
You are very right @ OP
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by Olibboy: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
Prevho:

Actually you are wrong.

It is when down is showing you are receiving data or information, so you are connected.

maybe
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by joyAA(f): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
Guessed so
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
Already known to many of us,but educative
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by Erums(m): 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mumu post fron a poster
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by Seyi8701: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
Having issues with my keypad on my g6 Pavillion what can I do, besides I have samsung s5 to sell (very neat and good condition ) 08026078163
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by dtruseeker(m): 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
I knew this since primary one
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by Adeoba10(m): 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
Since the days of symbian phone, from settings to connectivity to communication manager, where you check the speed of your internet connection.
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by johnbuck81(m): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2017
Olibboy:

THANK ME LATER.
i agree with you.when those 2arrows don't connect ur network won't respond..i disagree with d op.

1 Like

Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by johnbuck81(m): 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
Prevho:

Actually you are wrong.

he is not wrong...if those arrows do not display at thesame time what ever u r trying to upload or download won't be connecting.

1 Like

Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by benswagtt(m): 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
Cool! I noticed it a long time ago though...
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by Olibboy: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
johnbuck81:
i agree with you.when those 2arrows don't connect ur network won't respond..i disagree with d op.
smiley
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by LordCrimson(m): 8:18am On Jul 05, 2017
Dude just read about that in a dumb blog and chooses to show himself here,Wehdone sha grin
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by MirJay: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2017
M
Re: Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) by UgoFly: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2017
You are very wrong. As I m typing this both arrows are fluctuating. It has nothing to do with uploading or downloading. It's more of a network related thing. You mustn't copy and paste, use your head to think too.

(1) (Reply)

Itel Powerpro P41 With 4G LTE - Specs & Price / Help! A Nairalander's Phone Is Blocking His Progress(photo) / UPDATED: Glo Unlimited Uc Mini Handler Browsing Now Active

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.