Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,416 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You (42282 Views)

Why Is There, E, H, H+, 3g And 4g? / I Got 43m/s Download Speed On GLO 4G/LTE(pic) / Truly, MTN APN Boost Download Speed On Glo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Chuukwudi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
Tha
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Chuukwudi(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
Tha shocked
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Sleyanya1(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
Awesome....

But my Glo 3G most times takes about 10mb/ min

Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by lonelydora: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
If there is an additional letter found at the right top of the Signal Bar of our Mobile phone, it indicates that apart from Voice call we can send data Transmission through the mobile phone that is nothing but through Internet Browsing.

Summary:

Signal Type Expansion ,

Download Speed

2G GSM :
(Global System for Mobile Communications) Maximum Download Speed : 2 KB/s

G GPRS
(General Packet Radio Service)

Maximum Download Speed : 7 KB/s

E EDGE
(Enhanced Data rates for GSM evolution) Maximum Download Speed : 27 KB/s 3G

UMTS
(Universal Mobile Telecommunications system)

Maximum Download Speed : 48 KB/s

H HSPA
(High Speed Packet Access)
Maximum Download Speed : 0.9 MB/s

H+ HSPA+
(Evolved High Speed Packet Access)
Maximum Download Speed : 2 MB/s

4G LTE
(Long Term Evolution)
Maximum Download Speed : 12.5 MB/s

4G LTE-A
(Long term Evolution- Advanced)
Maximum Download Speed : 125 MB/s

www.pukspeed.com/2014/09/difference-between-g-e-h-hplus-3g-and-r.html?m=1

Give us the Internet speed at NASA station

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Great504: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
uwa244:
This is quite revealing.
It's not only revealing, but educating too.
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Rick9(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
Glo 3G & H+ is actually 2G Edge
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by dudebuck: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nnamdi98:
Educating....

You can also learn how to use 3G/4G L T E mobile Internet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0pfMkx5TA
what is difficult about it? Nothing!
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Ifiegboria(m): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nice one OP
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Gobhanky: 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
So it means my spectranet na. h hspa
Cause my speed no pass 1mb
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by dudebuck: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
Rick9:
Glo 3G & H+ is actually 2G Edge
chei na wa oh! Here for Gabon if I do 2 gb download, in the night from 12 in the night, before 3 in the morning it has finished downloading, but still some people complain that it is slow, so I am not understanding.
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by dudebuck: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
Sleyanya1:
Awesome....

do you use internet download manager?

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Hier(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
what is the Naija version of those speeds, because even at H+, am still reloading my pages
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Hier(m): 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Sleyanya1:
Awesome....

Well, my glo is now history, network paying hide and seek with my phone, esp in Oau, kiaaa, the thing taya me,

We boost of 4GLit when even our 2G users are clamouring.

Anyway, I love Jesus

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by cuedish: 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
My SPECTRA NET 4G-LTE never exceed 2mb/s
Even when download is on.
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by uueieh7893oej: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
Yesterday's big win was a tip of the ice berg of what is install in the month of July. Today's(05/07/2017) now available...

Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by khalids: 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Load of rubbish....Op can't even do a proper research

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Bimpe29: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
Interesting to know.
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by nwaire: 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nice info
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Inspire01: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
Not totally correct, on a gud day i get download speed of 3.2 mb wit H+ Etisalat and airtel
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Dannyset(m): 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
If there is an additional letter found at the right top of the Signal Bar of our Mobile phone, it indicates that apart from Voice call we can send data Transmission through the mobile phone that is nothing but through Internet Browsing.

Summary:

Signal Type Expansion ,

Download Speed

2G GSM :
(Global System for Mobile Communications) Maximum Download Speed : 2 KB/s

G GPRS
(General Packet Radio Service)

Maximum Download Speed : 7 KB/s

E EDGE
(Enhanced Data rates for GSM evolution) Maximum Download Speed : 27 KB/s 3G

UMTS
(Universal Mobile Telecommunications system)

Maximum Download Speed : 48 KB/s

H HSPA
(High Speed Packet Access)
Maximum Download Speed : 0.9 MB/s

H+ HSPA+
(Evolved High Speed Packet Access)
Maximum Download Speed : 2 MB/s

4G LTE
(Long Term Evolution)
Maximum Download Speed : 12.5 MB/s

4G LTE-A
(Long term Evolution- Advanced)
Maximum Download Speed : 125 MB/s

www.pukspeed.com/2014/09/difference-between-g-e-h-hplus-3g-and-r.html?m=1
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by steve6: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nice
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Sleyanya1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hier:

Well, my glo is now history, network paying hide and seek with my phone, esp in Oau, kiaaa, the thing taya me,

We boost of 4GLit when even our 2G users are clamouring.

Anyway, I love Jesus

Hahaha.... Yess o
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by iamxolomon(m): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
This ur speed are not correct at all. Please go do more research
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Sleyanya1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
dudebuck:
do you use internet download manager?

I have this ADM, I know it's a Download Manager app. Yes, that's if its Same.
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by buffalowings: 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
Edopesin:

after qouting evritin yhu still no knw wetin to talk

bag of cement fall on yhu

Jesus
Christ

Last slang was I don't give a Bleep

Now it is something fall on somebody
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by benswagtt(m): 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
femi4:
UMTS and 3G are the same, H is 3.5G while H+ is 3.75G
Wow!
that's to say am using 3.7G... thanks bro.. I appreciate..
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by don89(m): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thanks a lot but it still binding on the network providers with their coverage.
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by cloud9usher: 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael your analysis is so wrong!

You stated that HSPA (High Speed Packet Access) has Maximum Download Speed of 0.9 MB/s, take a look at my download speed while using my "small" Blackberry Bold 6, you can see speeds reaching 1.7MB/s when I was downloading on HSPA (3G) mode. The EDGE mode showing in the photo is after I switched from HSPA (3G) to EDGE and screen shoot my download page.

Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by darepapi: 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
Edopesin:

Thank God no be Amadioha!!!! grin
Edopesin:

Thank God no be Amadioha!!!!
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Stanbeto: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
Okay we don't hear
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by LazyNairalander(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
4G LTE? We do not know it here in nigeria.
Re: Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You by Olidawg247(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
Mods, can we please get this out of FP, this OP. Is totally misleading people. 4G-LTE have download speed of 100Mbps, while HSPA (HSUPA/HSDPA) Have capacities of 10Mpbs/42MBps respectively. The speeds quoted are totally wrong..even for Gs.-EGde and GPRS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cubot Dinosaur 4g Lte, 3gb, 16gb, 5.5", 4150mah / Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy / 9mobile Night And Weekend Data Plans & Subscription Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.