Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. (813 Views)

Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / Man Places ‘magun’ On Wife, Tumbles Twice After Falling Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
I have been a guest on this forum since 2013, I decided to register to share my ordeal.
As a young graduate seeking to earn a living just like other graduates of this great nation, I encountered what I have heard as a story especially if u are living in the north. It played before me as a reality. I reside in Kano precisely lamido crescent. I'm a graduate of accounting ( 2.1 with CGPA of 4.32). I applied to a firm which was seeking for the services of graduate accountant. The firm is located along Ibrahim Taiwo road Kano. I was called for aptitude test, wrote the test and I pass. Thereafter, I was called for oral interview. I performed well during the oral interview. The interview panel informed me after the interview that I should expect a call from the human resource manager. Three days later, I got a call from him to come down to his office. I rushed down to his office, we exchanged pleasantries and I took my seat. He told me my performance was excellent but there is a problem. I asked what the problem was. Then he dropped the bomb, " you did well but the problem is you are not a Muslim. For you to get this job, you have to promise me that u will convert in due course". When I heard those words, I felt weak from the crown of my head to the sole of my feet. I told him sir I can't renounce my faith because of this job, if u can't give this job base on my intellect, so be it. Left the office depressed. Employment should be base on intellect not faith. I believe God Almighty will definitely provide another job opportunity. My dear Nlanders my ordeal!

Cc: lala

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by smartty68(m): 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
Sorry Bro! No hope is lost!

Division has always been the Blackman's problems especially Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by jieta: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
you can't just take tribalism from the north, i have seen more worst case and even experience some my self.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by VargasVee(m): 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Giddy up brother! Believe, every disappointment is a blessing. Don't beat yourself up. I wonder how we scream racism and don't even have love amongst ourselves. In which part of the world does your faith have anything to do with your aptitude to work.

Keep the faith up, he's got bigger plans for ya.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
smartty68:
Sorry Bro! No hope is lost!

Division has always been the Blackman's problems especially Nigerians
Definitely not losing hope. Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
VargasVee:
Giddy up brother! Believe, every disappointment is a blessing. Don't beat yourself up. I wonder how we scream racism and don't even have love amongst ourselves. In which part of the world does your faith have anything to do with your aptitude to work.

Keep the faith up, he's got bigger plans for ya.
Sure

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2017
OP ... Congratulations is appropriate

Heaven rejoices over you, and God will definitely reward your loss for the sake of His glory. Stay strong

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by eyinjuege: 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
It's their loss....

Better things ahead.

If any establishment keeps bringing tribe or religion rather than competence as a criteria for employment, they will end up setting themselves up.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
This is sickening! The north is still light years behind in development and COMMON SENSE! Better things ahead for you, never lose faith.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks guys. I can't lose faith!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
Pele
Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Julivas(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2017
Op, you are blessed. God will surprise you very soon.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
Julivas:
Op, you are blessed. God will surprise you very soon.
Amen

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by Laralag: 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
I feel ur pain. Religion and ethnicity will be the death of us in this country, though this also happen in institutions owned or managed by some christians. In CU for example u cant be employed there if u are not a xtain. God help us

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander, Victim Of Religious Discrimination; My Ordeal. by tuscani: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
You see why they call the country zoo?. Cheer up, your God shall fight for you and you should your peace

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ever Been Made To Regret Your Good Intentions? / Dad Goes Viral After Daughter Teaches Him To Take Selfies / I Stopped Breastfeeding My Newborn | Breastfeeding Struggles | Nelo Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.