Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Thank God I Was Refused - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thank God I Was Refused (1519 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God I Was Refused by jossy26: 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2010
It has become a norm that every Nigerian youth given a visa to any of the big countries abroad comes to nairaland to praise God some peeps even go to the extent of throwing a party for dere friends all in the name of visa.
I got admission into a school in London and luckily for me I have had a dom account for long with a lil above 3000 pounds exchanged in Nov 2008 @ N190/pound, I got ds money from my Dad, when he discharge me after graduation to go sort mysef out and since then no work so I decided to pursue my career abroad and added to d ₤3k to make it ₤4.5k which is half of my tuition to get my unconditional offer. My thinking was dat its goin to be easy to sort mysef out in the UK with d partym job to balance my tuition of ₤4.5k and accommodation. I borrowed money from my friends,inlaws,neibors,brodas,sistas etc to use for my mtce in my account hpin to return it to dem wen issued a visa,den I started gtin very very discouraging news of how hard it is to cope abroad wt d partym job nd school dat I might nt b able to finish d course if m nt careful,dt means my ₤4.5k wl go jst lyk dat.
As God wl have its way,I got a job from a company I ad an interview wt some mnths ago nd av resume since last wk mon,d pay is 150k/mnth which is very sufficient for me as I do nt need to transport mysef to work and wl have lots of savings to invest in my dream project(kp dt to mysef) and I startd praying dt d embasy refuse me a visa which dey did.want to thank God for answering my prayers.
EYIN OLUWA LOGO.
Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thank God I Was Refused by DisGuy: 2:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
Thank God for your life cheesy

jossy26:

It has become a norm that every Nigerian youth given a visa to any of the big countries abroad comes to nairaland to praise God some peeps even go to the extent of throwing a party for dere friends all in the name of visa.
I got admission into a school in London and luckily for me I have had a dom account for long with a lil above 3000 pounds exchanged in Nov 2008 @ N190/pound, I got ds money from my Dad, when he discharge me after graduation to go sort mysef out and since then no work so I decided to pursue my career abroad and added to d ₤3k to make it ₤4.5k which is half of my tuition to get my unconditional offer. My thinking was dat its goin to be easy to sort mysef out in the UK with d partym job to balance my tuition of ₤4.5k and accommodation. I borrowed money from my friends,inlaws,neibors,brodas,sistas etc to use for my mtce in my account hpin to return it to dem wen issued a visa,den I started gtin very very discouraging news of how hard it is to cope abroad wt d partym job nd school dat I might nt b able to finish d course if m nt careful,dt means my ₤4.5k wl go jst lyk dat.
As God wl have its way,I got a job from a company I ad an interview wt some mnths ago nd av resume since last wk mon,d pay is 150k/mnth which is very sufficient for me as I do nt need to transport mysef to work and wl have lots of savings to invest in my dream project(kp dt to mysef) and I startd praying dt d embasy refuse me a visa which dey did.want to thank God for answering my prayers.
EYIN OLUWA LOGO.
Cheers

Bros
Is the visa like a cheque? or can one convert it to money after getting it?
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by juzme: 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2010
Well, I can say that your post sound more like someone who is trying to console himself or herself. And I really sympathize with you.  Of course, going abroad doesnt guarantee success but also it does not mean that those people in UK or other places are not doing well. So everything depends on your motive as regard to your future plans.
But I like your courage to be satisfied with your condition at the present.
Good luck in your future plans.
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by symbian03(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2010
Wtf?
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by NoWee(m): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2010
Poster, it is very boring to read the above post of yours. Please write in English language so that most people can understand what you are talking about.
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by flekan(m): 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2010
^^ Lmao!
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by spikedcylinder: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2010
I actually understand what the poster is trying to say and I'm happy for him.

1. He was 'paid off' by his father after graduation (£3,000)
2. Like most Nigerian youth, he wanted to further his education abroad and was able to raise the money to £4,500
3. His managed to raise more money from friends and family to complete the mandatory maintenance fees which he'll return upon getting his visa
4. He had hopes to get a job when he got to the UK so he can work and get the rest of the money for his tuition
5. He was refused the visa
6. He got a job thereafter
7. He's thankful he was refused as he can save his money, make more and be able to embark on his personal project

Good for you, op!
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by NoWee(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2010
Spikedcylinder,

Thank you very much for translating the post to English language.
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by segzeybaba(m): 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2010
Lol OP should go to Anointing service and give this post as a 'testimony'

I wonder what the pastor and fellow congregation will make of this testimony HAHA grin
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by Busybody2(f): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2010
Thanks to spikedcylinder i was also able to deduce that the OP was NOT trying to console himself, but rather he was grateful he'd been rescued from a cliffhanger situation i.e. if he had been given the visa, he would have found it irresistible to abort his travel plans and would have convinced himself to abandon his new job, gambling his "known" life for the "unknown" in the UK.

Congratulations and good on you, you made the right choice for now, you can still always travel to the UK at your leisure, even people that get refused visas 10 times or more still goes on to get it eventually. So keep your chin up.
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2010
I'm happy for thread starter.
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by ella1: 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2010
Console urself very well.
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by jossy26: 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2010
sory to dose that dnt undestand d yoruba part of my post,i be naija man.d refusal is a gud consolation for me nd i am glad it went dt way
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by joxiri: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2010
well done poster man we need more posts like this on here
na true talk you say tbh your funds werent going to be enough to cope in uk and you were aware of it, thats important
all the best in your job am sure in future, you will still go abroad to do your course, thats obviously if you want to though
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by suxes2005(m): 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
Thank God for you oooo

Anyways, travelling does not mean
success and stayin at home does not
mean success likewise

Anyways, good luck in ur
future endeavours

SHALOM
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by Guylan(m): 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
You are very lucky. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by jossy26: 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
guylan,joxiri nd suxes;better people (thanks for ur responses),dere shd be an avenue for those refused to also be encouraged afterall God says we shd give thanks in all we do nd always be postive.
Job now, UK later.
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by suxes2005(m): 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
yeah bros

u r there, work now and uk l8a.

do u know what cud av bcome of u in
uk now?

Tnk God fr you ooo
How's work?

SHALOM
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by ebezojo(m): 10:21am On Feb 08, 2010
@poster,dat's great bro,bt cud u plz tel us d reason(s) for ur denial,so as 2 b cautiond 4 dos stil intrestd in traveln out cos i wz 1darn y u cud b rufused since u hv d cash, Plz letz no,al d bst in ur place of wrk,
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by jossy26: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2010
so gud 2 alerted by my bank for my 1st salary which i will use 4 thanksgiving in church
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by jossy26: 10:24am On Feb 09, 2010
@ebezojo,was refused cos of d 28 day rule
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by shope(m): 11:24am On Feb 09, 2010
hmm, thank God for ya
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by suxes2005(m): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
Thank God for you.

It a gud story, I hope
I also get a berra jb
Re: Thank God I Was Refused by tkb417(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2010
poster na clown
e be like say to go UK now na the in - thing o grin
make i go apply for ma own passport sef grin grin grin
chei

this is mad funny

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Sponsor Bank Account For Your Visa Application? / The World's Best Airline Is...emirates / Uk Tourist Visa Introduction Letter Sample

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.