Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. (719 Views)

Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. by wisdomhuz: 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks for your request to give you a copy of the Federal Ministry of education 9 year basic education curriculum on "Religion and National Values" book.
The book was a product of the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council ( NERDC), a parastatal, under the Ministry of Education.

The issues with the curriculum

1. On pages 17 and 46 of the "Religion and National Values" curriculum for Primary one to three (Primary 1-3) are statements that are not only inciting but derogatory to a particular religious belief and faith ( Christianity).

Specifically

a) On page 17 under Theme Islamic studies and Sub theme Sarah and Tahdib
Primary 1 to 3 pupils in their formative years are taught
the Supremacy of Prophet Mohammed and the Quran over all others.
That Mohammed was the seal of all the Prophets, sent to the whole world and Quran the final guidance of Allah to mankind.

b) In page 46 of the same book produced with tax payers money who include Muslims and non Muslims

That
Prophet Isa known to Christians as Jesus Christ is not the son of God
That Jesus was not crucified.
What a blasphemy.

The implications are the creation of a sense of supremacy of Islam over other faiths and completely denigrating Christianity.

If this has been restricted to Muslims alone, that could have been excused, but putting it in a curriculum for all is provocative and insulting.

The Nigeria Christian Graduate Fellowship took this matter up with the current executive director of NERDC and his team in Abuja and I was was a member of the NCGF team.
His response

1. The two subjects are to be taught separately. A Muslim will take Islamic study and a Christian pupil CRK.

NCGF RESPONSE

Theoretically, this is true, but in actual practice, this is not the truth.
We gave examples of several states in the North where the state governments refused to employ CRK teachers including Niger state where CAN (Christian Association of Nigeria) even offered to send volunteer CRK teachers and the government still refused.

As the subject is compulsory for the students, the Christian students in those states are forced to listen to such negative teachings at such a tender, highly impressible age.

NERDC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RESPONSE

Parents of such Christian students should take the government to court.

We replied that it was ridiculous as it is the duty of the state to ensure fundamental rights of the citizens which include freedom of association and religion.
We also informed him of the slow process of the Nigerian judicial matters.

Our recommendations

1. The offending statements should be expunged from the curriculum.

2. If the state governments can not provide adequate teachers for the 2 subjects, then the 2 subjects should not be compulsory at all.

Thank you once again for your interest.
We have also included other relevant information we have on this subject matter.

With my best regards
Prof Charles Adeyinka Adisa. MD, FWACS, FACS.

President, Nigeria Christian Graduate Fellowship.
Re: Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING... KOROKORO... NIGERIA IS BEING ISLAMISED...........................SHAME................

1 Like

Re: Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. by OtemAtum: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
Islamize, Christianize, Traditionalized, wetin concern me? As long as they cannot sheepulize my brain. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. by bennyann: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
In that case, no religious subjects should be taught in any school in Nigeria. The ones we have at various homes and various religious institutions are enough.

If no religious studies are adopted, nobody will suspect anyone and a peace like never before will be felt by all.

I don't want to talk too much. That's my summary
Re: Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 05, 2017
bennyann:
In that case, no religious subjects should be taught in any school in Nigeria. The ones we have at various homes and various religious institutions are enough.

If no religious studies are adopted, nobody will suspect anyone and a peace like never before will be felt by all.

I don't want to talk too much. That's my summary
Oh, I'm glad we share the same thoughts on this. Our thoughts synchronize. grin

TheIlluminatus:
All these pumpous idiots that think our country belongs to Islam and Christianity. Isn't Nigeria a SECULAR state? What are religious subjects doing in our school curriculum? Shouldn't it be a personal thing? Shouldn't there be a seperation of religion and state? When did Christianity and Islam become the only worldviews that exist in the country? What about the atheists, agnostics, the adherents of my tribe's traditional religion, and those of other ethnic groups? I am a militant atheist whenever religion interferes with legislation and state affairs! You can't impose your stupid_ Abrahamic religions on everyone else, morons.

Instead of saying nonsense like "we will Christianize Nigeria if it is Islamized" (what does this sh!t even mean? Do you know YOUR FATE as Christians if they Islamize Nigeria? LOL. Bunch of cretins), fight for a seperation of religion and state. That way, you can keep your religion and shove it up your asses, and the other party can do the same. Then no one will pose any threat of Islamizing your country. Finito. It's as simple as that.

By the way, how are you faring? Riding the clouds as always, I'm pretty sure. smiley
Re: Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. by orunto27: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2017
Buhari's Government is still acting a Script from Saudi, Pakistan, ISIS, Futa Jalon, North African Countries etc.
Re: Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. by bennyann: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
Oh, I'm glad we share the same thoughts on this. Our thoughts synchronize. grin

By the way, how are you faring? Riding the clouds as always, I'm pretty sure. smiley

Who is this? Who is the one I share the same thoughts with? I know you're an atheist but reveal your moniker I beg.

The way you guys deactivate your monikers here, makes one curious. What are you hiding?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/07/17 / The Nine Heavenly Joy Sticks / Pope Francis Replaced By John Piper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.