Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character (4112 Views)

“Don’t Go About Eating All Over The Place This Season”- Dr Olukoya Warns / In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Deicide: 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
frank317:

She believes the bible was inspired by her loving God, but will not accept it when it inspires David to call people fools.
Not to even talk of David sleeping with someone's wife and then killing the man later when he came back from war.......in fact bennyann if it was your dad what would you do pls i need honest answer!

if you Christians were honest to yourselves you might agree that yes a God might exist but to say it's that lunatic in the bible it's just being dishonest embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 09, 2017
jonbellion:
lool
Benny boo

He's a trouble maker , all atheists are known for that undecided
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 6:18am On Jul 09, 2017
I am not trying to play safe that there are no fools here. Anyone can be a fool at any point in time like when it comes to drunkenness and love grin

Though David described who a fool is while praising God. What I'm stressing on is this : God never said anywhere in the Bible for Christians to go around calling others fools. Is that too much to understand?
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 6:27am On Jul 09, 2017
frank317:

Why would God inspire any one to write it if he does not want u to follow it.

Do u actually see how u Christians change mouth when cornered?

God inspired David o call people fools for saying he does not exist and u are here saying what I don't understand

So it was God that also inspired him to commit adultery because it was written down in the Bible?

Where did you guys come from? I don't understand how you all can't comprehend simple tenses all because you want to put God in a box.

No matter how you see or understand it, no matter the stories of others you read in the Bible, what I know is God never commanded Christians to call others fools, infact He is against it.

And stop thinking I'm trying to say you are not a fool. I'm not defending whether you are a fool or not. What I'm saying is God didn't send us out to call others fools.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 6:37am On Jul 09, 2017
Deicide:

Seriously you honestly believe this crap? mind you Muslims also believe that their holy book was inspired by God in fact written by God......so bennyann i ask again do you honestly believe that crap or it's just what you want to believe?

I am a Christian, and a very strict one for that matter. You can't separate me from the Bible.

So, I believe the Bible is an inspiration from God. We are to know the stories of others and learn from their experiences, above all, we are to follow the Commandments of God.

And God's Commandments are like a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I do my best by His special grace to live by it.

But how can you ask a Christian, if she honestly believes the Bible is God's inspiration? Except I'm no longer a Christian but why should I pretend being one?
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by frank317: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2017
bennyann:

So it was God that also inspired him to commit adultery because it was written down in the Bible?

Where did you guys come from? I don't understand how you all can't comprehend simple tenses all because you want to put God in a box.

No matter how you see or understand it, no matter the stories of others you read in the Bible, what I know is God never commanded Christians to call others fools, infact He is against it.

And stop thinking I'm trying to say you are not a fool. I'm not defending whether you are a fool or not. What I'm saying is God didn't send us out to call others fools.

When he committed adultery, he was outrightly condemed by Yahweh. But when he called non believers fool he wasn't. U are trying to play politics with what is glaring.
Beside Christians say this with authority, pastors say it on the pulpit. Where the hell do u think they learnt it from and this is what matters. If God inspired the Bible, he also inspired David to call people who do not believe in him fools.

And stop thinking I'm trying to say you are not a fool. I'm not defending whether you are a fool or not.
What's this information for? Why will I care if u think I am a fool or not. I am still trying to grasp why u have to say this
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Deicide: 11:05am On Jul 09, 2017
bennyann:

I am a Christian and a very strict one for that matter. You can't separate me from the Bible.

So, I believe the Bible is an inspiration from God. We are to know the stories of others and learn from their experiences, above all, we are to follow the Commandments of God.

And God's Commandments are like a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I do my best by His special grace to live by it.

But how can you ask a Christian, if she honestly believes the Bible is God's inspiration? Except I'm no longer a Christian but why should I pretend being one?
I just wanted a honest answer
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
frank317:

When he committed adultery, he was outrightly condemed by Yahweh. But when he called non believers fool he wasn't. U are trying to play politics with what is glaring.
Beside Christians say this with authority, pastors say it on the pulpit. Where the hell do u think they learnt it from and this is what matters. If God inspired the Bible, he also inspired David to call people who do not believe in him fools.

What's this information for? Why will I care if u think I am a fool or not. I am still trying to grasp why u have to say this

grin because you said I change mouth when cornered.
Whatever you think, it doesn't negate the fact that God is against us calling others names.

So I am not here to ascertain if you are a fool but to stress on God not advising us to call others names.

Hope you get it? grin

To me, the Bible being an inspiration from God means the writer was inspired to write down happenings of some people's activities and also to write down God's spoken words. That's the meaning of it.

It doesn't mean because the writer was inspired to write down about David's poem or song, it should then be interpreted as God wants us to call others like that.

I want you to get me because that's my understanding but if you don't cool.

And I'm sorry if I sounded insultive because I was driving at coming at an understandable conclusion. But who knows, I might be a fool in your eyes too just as you are a fool to someone else's grin grin grin grin

No matter who the fool is, it isn't supported in the christian doctrine to go around calling others fools. cheesy wink

I must commend you acted wisely. I thought I would get the insult of my life. Thanks dear.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by frank317: 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
bennyann:

grin because you said I change mouth when cornered.
Whatever you think, it doesn't negate the fact that God is against us calling others names.
If he is against it why didn't he condemn David for saying it?

So I am not here to ascertain if you are a fool but to stress on God not advising us to call others names.

Hope you get it? grin
Again this is unnecessary.

To me, the Bible being an inspiration from God means the writer was inspired to write down happenings of some people's activities and also to write down God's spoken words. That's the meaning of it.
Inspired by who? Or inspired by what?

It doesn't mean because the writer was inspired to write down about David's poem or song, it should then be interpreted as God wants us to call others like that.
Are you saying the Bible writers where just inspired and not necessarily inspired by God?

I want you to get me because that's my understanding but if you don't cool.
That's just ur understanding, u probably could be wrong right?

And I'm sorry if I sounded insultive because I was driving at coming at an understandable conclusion. But who knows, I might be a fool in your eyes too just as you are a fool to someone else's grin grin grin grin

No matter who the fool is, it isn't supported in the christian doctrine to go around calling others fools. cheesy wink

I must commend you acted wisely. I thought I would get the insult of my life. Thanks dear.

He didn't condemn David when he called others fools, this shows he supports it.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by jonbellion(m): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

He's a trouble maker , all atheists are known for that undecided
but baby I've denounced atheism smiley
I did it for you <3
But I'm not a christian oo grin
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Deicide: 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
jonbellion:
but baby I've denounced atheism smiley
I did it for you <3
But I'm not a christian oo grin
Kai you know pidgin has no problem sacrificing ya firstborn to Yahweh right grin
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by jonbellion(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
Deicide:

Kai you know pidgin has no problem sacrificing ya firstborn to Yahweh right grin
lool
Love changes people cheesy
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by hopefulLandlord: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
Deicide:

that's an understatement, she has no problem pushing a button that'll kill 5 billion humans if her imaginary friend's voice tells her to

2 Likes

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Deicide: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
jonbellion:
lool
lol day there na mk me i just day play steady with bennyann first grin
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by jonbellion(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
Deicide:

leave bennyann oo that one na my side chick cheesy
What of she-who-must-not-be-namedAnalice107
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by jonbellion(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Amberon kiss
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Deicide: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
jonbellion:
Noo o that one fit kill me in the Night embarassed .............What do you mean shes ur side chick? guy no joke wif me o angry
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by analice107: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
jonbellion:
Hahahahahahahahahaa. Go ahead name me. you all are my younger brothers. Am here having fun with you all while praying that my father will whisk you all away from Satan's snare.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by jonbellion(m): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
analice107:

Hahahahahahahahahaa. Go ahead name me. you all are my younger brothers. Am here having fun with you all while praying that my father will whisk you all away from Satan's snare.
loool
Thanks mum
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by jonbellion(m): 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
Deicide:

Noo o that one fit kill me in the Night embarassed .............What do you mean shes ur side chick? guy no joke wif me o angry
lol
Yes bro angry
There are other people na
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
Am I not doing something wrong if atheists see me as their side chick? embarassed

God have mercy on me. cry
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by analice107: 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
jonbellion:
loool Thanks mum
UWC son. How have you been? You've withdrawn somewhat these days.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
bennyann:
Am I not doing something wrong if atheists see me as their side chick? embarassed

God have mercy on me. cry

grin grin grin
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by analice107: 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
Deicide:

Anybody wey touch my sister Bennyann even for him mind, Holy Ghossssst...
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

It's not funny jor embarassed cry
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
analice107:

grin cool

Let me complete it some other time so that some people can sleep tonight grin
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
bennyann:

It's not funny jor embarassed cry

Lol , why do you think they see you as a side chick

1 Like

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol , why do you think they see you as a side chick

jonbellion:
lool

Deicide:

jonbellion:
What of she-who-must-not-be-namedAnalice.107
embarassed
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by jonbellion(m): 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
bennyann:

embarassed
lool don't mind me Benny boo I'm just playing around
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
How I wish we didn't allow our brothers from the other divide to divert the focus of this thread.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by hopefulLandlord: 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
analice107:

Holy Ghost? that one would assist in conception........ Mary *cough*
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by analice107: 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Holy Ghost? that one would assist in conception........ Mary *cough*
You no go respect yasef now abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prof James Wood. From Psychopathic Atheist To Evangelist. Total Transformation / Is Football Betting A Sin? / Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.