Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? (4092 Views)

2 Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Isreal / Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by babs787(m): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2007
@pilgrims

Now, I have been asking you these questions but you have been ignoring, so I decided to open a fresh thread for my questions:

Bros. Olabowale told you that Jesus never read the bible and you provided a verse on the book of Elias, some questions for you here

1. Did Jesus read the bible, provide your proof?

2. Was he given the bible or the gospel?

3. Did he read the bible or book of Elias?

4. Is the book of Elias part of the bible?

5. If the answer to 4 above is in affirmative, please where is that book in the bible?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrims

Now, I have been asking you these questions but you have been ignoring, so I decided to open a fresh thread for my questions:

Bros. Olabowale told you that Jesus never read the bible and you provided a verse on the book of Elias, some questions for you here

3. Did he read the bible or book of Elias?

4. Is the book of Elias part of the bible?

5. If the answer to 4 above is in affirmative, please where is that book in the bible?

Simple enough. Deal with your FRAUD, and I'll be interested in listening to any further complaints you have. cool

(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643198)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643234)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643296)

Evade them, and you simply don't exist. cool
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Horus(m): 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2007
This is a very interresting topic grin
Did Jesus read the bible?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 03, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrims

We have been asking questions, where are your answers?
Is the muslim answer to questions simply to ask yet another irrelevant, incoherent and recycled "question"?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Horus(m): 3:33am On Nov 03, 2007
Pilgrims is hiding  grin
Where are your answers Pilgrims?  grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 03, 2007
Horus:

Pilgrims is hiding grin
Where are your answers Pilgrims? grin

Hiding? where are blabs answers to the numerous questions he has attempted to dodge by putting up another thread on a question that has already been done to death?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 7:51am On Nov 03, 2007
@davidylan,

davidylan:

Hiding? where are blabs answers to the numerous questions he has attempted to dodge by putting up another thread on a question that has already been done to death?

Lol. . . don't worry yourself with lunkheads. Obviously, Horus in his typical hypocrisy would pretend to not have seen Babs' toothless worries addressed in other threads. grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by babs787(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2007
@pilgrims

You are not even ashamed of yourself having been proving I-too-Know all these while but unfortunately for you, you couldnt provide answers to issues regarding your bible.

Bro. Olabowale made this statement:

Quote from: olabowale on October 25, 2007, 09:12 PM
We call these people orientalists. Jesus read the Bible is completely false!

And you lied going different direction:

Luke 4:16-20
"And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him."

Now it has been glaring that you LIED providing verse where he read the book of Esaias and not the bible

Here are the questions again:

3. Did he read the bible or book of Esaias?

4. Is the book of Esaias part of the bible?

Thanks
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Horus(m): 11:54am On Nov 03, 2007
We should add more questions to Pilgrims (The liar):
Which version of the bible Jesus was reading?
1-The King James version?
2-The Pilgrims version?
3-Another version? grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by babs787(m): 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2007
@pilgrims

We will also know if the message is still the original given to the two of them through different versions we are having.

Some verses are missing in some versions but present in others.

When you provide answers to my earlier questions and the one the versions and missing verses, we will know if the original message has been lost and corrupted.We will also have a look at the original manuscript with regards to all the versions in existence. You can trust me for presenting you some missed verses from the bible I used when I was like you.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

@pilgrims

We will also know if the message is still the original given to the two of them through different versions we are having.

Some verses are missing in some versions but present in others.

When you provide answers to my earlier questions and the one the versions and missing verses, we will know if the original message has been lost and corrupted.We will also have a look at the original manuscript with regards to all the versions in existence. You can trust me for presenting you some missed verses from the bible I used when I was like you.

Babs, where have you ever provided answers?

You claimed that the Torah and the Injil are LOST. My question has simply been: what are you doing sweating to find Muhammad in Deuteronomy and John's Gospel?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2007
Horus:

We should add more questions to Pilgrims (The liar):
Which version of the bible Jesus was reading?
1-The King James version?
2-The Pilgrims version?
3-Another version? grin

Lol. . . hypocrites and dunces are no worries.

This is what you had said, my dear:

Horus:

Muhammad owned and sold black slaves. Slavery, in fact, persists to this day in some Muslim countries, where Arabs continue to enslave black Africans.

(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-84252.256.html#msg1644908)

I hope your Muslim friends can celebrate that and applaud you for a fine commitment to their cause! grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Horus(m): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2007
Notice that the Pilgrims version of the bible is only avalaible online on Nairaland, and the book of Lies is included in it. grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2007
Horus:

Notice that the Pilgrims version of the bible is only avalaible online on Nairaland, and the book of Lies is included in it. grin

We hear. You're forcing yourself to sound like a comedian - but the Muslims are not laughing. cool
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Horus(m): 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2007
Dont try to avoid the question. grin
[size=14pt]Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible?[/size]
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 2:37pm On Nov 03, 2007
When babs787 answers the questions he has been avoiding, THEN I will oblige you both some answers. smiley
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by babs787(m): 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2007
@pilgrims

When babs787 answers the questions he has been avoiding, THEN I will oblige you both some answers.

Hope you are seeing yourself, the deception you have been portraying all these while.

Please which of your question havent I answered?

This thread is for another question, so coming to write that you would respond when I did is a sign of your confusion and an escapist. cool
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Horus(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2007
Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2007
Horus:

When babs787 answers the questions he has been avoiding, THEN I will oblige you both some answers. smiley
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrims

Hope you are seeing yourself, the deception you have been portraying all these while.

Please which of your question havent I answered?

This thread is for another question, so coming to write that you would respond when I did is a sign of your confusion and an escapist. cool

I hear - but claiming that you have answered my questions does not fool anybody. We're used to your caterwauls. cool
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by jerrymania(m): 12:05am On Nov 04, 2007
grin Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 04, 2007
i see a bunch of deliquent children on this thread. grin
How can Jesus have read the bible as we have it today when at least half of it is about His life, ministry, death and resurrection?

would Jesus Christ have read Mark 22? How could He have read the book of acts when the apostles were still mere disciples under Him?
Paul was not converted until Jesus Christ ascended to heaven so where would Jesus have manufactured the book of Romans, Corinthians, Timothy, Philipians e.t.c.?

The only books available during the time of Jesus Christ were the scrolls of the law and prophets. Jeremaiah is an example of one prophet who had a scribe to write down what we now call the book of Jeremaiah.
Jesus Christ quoted from the books of Isaiah and the psalms . . . the direct quotes can be validated by going to look at those books. I have already done so in an earlier recycling of this question on another thread.

Get your heads out of the sands of your grandiose delusions and use your grey matter for once! Some times thinking is not rocket science!
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 8:32am On Nov 04, 2007
@Davidylan: Iwo ni ko yoo orie kuro ni inu ilee to ki si. If you can, because it seems as if its almost impossible for you. Then while you are at it, tell others who are in your circle of Ostrich head in the sand phenominum, to try the same feat!

Its Pligrim.1 who started the controversy of the Jesus reading the Bible at some early age. Even way before his ministry. What you have demonstrated, in this your entry above, is that you hardly read any posting, except your cohorts. The substance of others, except the muslims is way over your head.

I under that problem for my age, but you, still in RIT or UR or Nazareth! Haba. Get with the program, my man. This line is my yabu for you.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by jerrymania(m): 11:23am On Nov 04, 2007
David, you call the book of matthew,mark,luke and john the Gospels.and Jesus didnt read any of them. Now what Gospel was Jesus preaching?

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people" (Matthew 4:23).

"Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching [what?] the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people" (Matthew 9:35

‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel’" (Mark 1:14-15)

So enlighten me David what Gospel he preached.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 11:30am On Nov 04, 2007
@jerrymania,

jerrymania:

grin Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? grin

jerrymania:

So enlighten me David what Gospel he preached.

Proverbs 29:20
       Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words?
       there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Don't jump to hasty conclusions without having checked out the facts; or you join the ranks of those who are hasty of speech and then begin to crawl back into their holes when exposed to the noise they make.

The few things I've often asked you guys to check out are these:

(a) as soon as babs787 seeks to dialogue and provide answers to questions which others have also reminded him about, THEN pilgrim.1 will oblige you and his ribald under-achievers answers as well. I've stated that you guys will not goad me into the stupid gimmicks that are now reminiscent of your folks until he grows up and cease from the hideous games of "oya answer my questions. . . and after that you MUST answer some more" - knowing full well that he never seeks to proffer answers to others' queries, not even to mention that he recycles already thrashed issues and litters as many threads as you guys are blind as a bat to see!

(b) does babs787 use any faculty of his brain when he projects "questions"? Is he really interested in dialogue - or you need an electron microscope to see the sort of person he is? Even when issues have been dealt with in convincing evidence, and another Muslim, olabowale, clearly asked him to recognize that the issues pointed out in the Bible (John 14:16 & 26) are clearly incontrovertible, he denies the case and then surreptitiously refuses to see he has no point at all.

(c) we all know that babs787's so-called 'questions' are at best illiterate repetitions which not even he himself understands. Some answers have been proffered by davidylan and a few others; but what was his comments thereto? He "ignores" them and seeks to blindly argue his actus reus ith pilgrim.1! If someone is merely seeking to whip up all sorts of controversies, and people like you jerrymania enter in upon such amentia, you make yourself a rank-xerox of his caterwauls - and that is not very entertaining enough to invite my interest. In simple English: you don't exist!

(d) I've never ignored issues; but the reason why I've refused to oblige any redress in the illiterate question you guys keep repeating is to allow you make complete loonies of yourselves as much as you can. For instance, nobody from your camp has ever asked babs787 where he ever found anyone referring to the "book of Elias" when he asked rhetorically: 'Do we have the book of Elias Jesus read in the bible?' If he's only that dense to be chasing his own tail on one spot, is that what you would call "intelligence"?

My dear jerrymania, common sense is not so common. It is not as if I have no answers to that simple question; but when you really wake up from you clownish wits, you'll find a more enabling discourse on the subject. For now, I'll just allow you to complete the circle of of your asinine career.

Cheers. grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by jerrymania(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2007
@ pilgrims1

You got issues with babs not me. I'm not a muslim and i don't belong into any camp.Please retract your words and apologize.
Now if you read my post to David, i never mentioned if he read the bible.
I continued Horus joke on you. It wasnt a serious question.

Do you ever have time to reason? You mentioned Jesus read the Bible accoding to babs. what part? old testament? and if so did he preach the law? if he didnt preach the law then he preached a different thing? if what he preached is the gospel, then what was it all about?
I only need enlightment not hate!!!
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2007
@jerrymania,

jerrymania:

@ pilgrims1

You got issues with babs not me. I'm not a muslim and i don't belong into any camp.Please retract your words and apologize.

I'm sorry, but this is the one time I refuse to retract my words and apologize. smiley

jerrymania:

Now if you read my post to David, i never mentioned if he read the bible.
I continued Horus joke on you. It wasnt a serious question

One joke too many under the prevailing circumstances is no longer a 'joke'. I'd left an appropriate reply to Horus; but claiming that you were continuing his joke is not very entertaining - especially when you consider the several times he has refused to reason. This is the one time that the adage proves true: never carry another man's crutches for him unless you want people to mistake you for the lame! grin

jerrymania:

Do you ever have time to reason?

I do - and that's why only lazy people complain about what they read in my posts.

jerrymania:

You mentioned Jesus read the Bible accoding to babs. what part? old testament?

Don't make sweeping assumptions and come back whinging that it was a joke. Please quote me precisely where I said what you alleged, and don't let Babs fool you into what you can't defend.

jerrymania:

and if so did he preach the law? if he didnt preach the law then he preached a different thing?

This is simply lazy reasoning, because you appear to be chasing round your own tail. If you have a serious issue bordering on what pilgrim.1 stated, deal with that, and try not forcing yourself to assume what I never entered upon.

I opened another thread where I had extensive discussions on the Mosaic LAW on just one subject: the tithes and sabbaths - there you will find my thoughts on what the Lord Jesus Christ taught on those subject. If you have you issues in them, I'm willing to consider them as well. I'd rather that you guys don't just whip up some imagined fallacy and then hope to goad pilgrim.1 into such. . . most people trying that on me simply come of scald! grin

jerrymania:

if what he preached is the gospel, then what was it all about?
I only need enlightment not hate!!!

I'm not hating you; but I don't find your request for "enlightenment" quite balanced. There's a world of difference between seeking objective answers, and trying to amuse yourself before recoiling. Let me know when you're ready for the former.

Cheers. smiley
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2007
@Pligrim.1: Please can you tackle jerrymania's question of what was teaching from, as it is stated inthe Bible that he was teaching the gospelsof kingdom of God? What Gospel was that; his or which Gospel? For sure it can not be Gospels of his desciples! It will be impossible! That will be a miracle unique by itself! Jerrymania has a legitimate issue here and we should not ignore it, but really deal with it. We all need to know, for sure. Maybe we all missing it all along.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Pligrim.1: Please can you tackle jerrymania's question of what was teaching from, as it is stated inthe Bible that he was teaching the gospelsof kingdom of God? What Gospel was that; his or which Gospel? For sure it can not be Gospels of his desciples! It will be impossible! That will be a miracle unique by itself!

If there's something that really amazes me about Muslim zombiism, it is your penchant to bury your head in the sand and repeat recycled questions in pretence that you never have seen them dealth with before!! shocked

Please, sir: the hypocrisy aside, take a look at this link:

(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.32.html#msg1642174)

- and let me know if I have not answered your worries thereto BEFORE!!

Second, I would like to know WHY even YOU olabowale have refused to comment on that issue after I answered your request in that thread!! Why are you Muslims so completely enstranged from simply truth? angry

olabowale:

Jerrymania has a legitimate issue here and we should not ignore it, but really deal with it. We all need to know, for sure. Maybe we all missing it all along.

Are you now "jerrymania"?!?  What "legitimate issue" are you tring to whip up from a "joke", olabowale? grin

Sorry, read jerrymania himself:

jerrymania:

Please I continued Horus joke on you. It wasnt a serious question.

Ive already addressed your worries, olabowale. Instead of pretending you haven't seen it, please visit the link above and let me kno what was too hard for you to grasp there!

I'm off to Church. C ya later! cheesy

Shallow.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Horus(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2007
Well,me,I am NOT a muslim.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2007
Horus:

Well,me,I am NOT a muslim.

Here's my answer: (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90634.0.html#msg1648175)

Enjoy! wink
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2007
@PLigrim.1: I read your long entry in the thread which you directed to. In my observation: matt; 28;20 said that Jesus is with them till the end of time. If we look at this, we will find that it talks about what he left behind, meaning his message. It is from this left behind message you know about jesus. Jesus is not with you physically now. Therefore, is there any change in letter, word, sentence, and even the whole books(as in what the catholic has and the protestant dont)? However the Qur'an of Muhammad, since that will be your surtle suggestion, I will help you to it, at least from the caliphate of Uthman, has been consistent! This will destroy your guaranty of certainty.

Matt 5; 17,7;27. Your b,  and under this, you have Jesus warning against breaking God's commandments! What are those commandments and will it include the Torah of Moses? Moses, through him, God Almighty Allah destroy a powerful dynasty by an ordinary stick in the hand of moses, which he iused for different purpose, before the burning bush! If Moses Torah is part of this God's commandments, how then you follow the person who said it is abrogated by the 'grace?' Even when the prophet who was to be the central theme of that grace did warm against not observing a single JOT of that TORAH!

Anger and all of that; Please check how prevailing it is within christianity and its powerful openness without shame to force others to do them. Was Jesus the first to suggest fasting or preached benevolecy; hardly and it did not end with him, either.

Matt 12: Lord of the sabbath, which is a Jewish thing? Yet he denied being the king of the Jews, never mind being their Lord, when he was confronted! Who should I believe, Jesus or the writer of that verse, matthew of the one who use his name as the pen name? Jesus disagree with this verse and so I will side with my master Jesus. Further, the Christian, employing the mindset of having their cake and at the same time finished eating it, change sabbath or abandoned it altogether and opt for a diffrent day. Jewish/children of israel's day begin at sundown, not after 12 midnight.

Sign of jonah; being 3 days and 3 nights; please calculate, you are ever short, yet you ask for some change back. It does not hold up.

If he denied he was Lord/God while he was alive, while would I believe that he told some folks after death that he is? When we all know that God does not die, which will show that he has a limit. Who wants to worship a God that has limited control? Definately not me.

Church: Jesus did not build one and never mentioned it in all his speech.

Death and resurrection: Since he prayed to god for delivance or safety, I do not see how that shows courage. prophets are very courageous people. They are supported by God, Who has power over all things.Further, all the prayers of every prophet of God is always accepted. If God allows them to make the prayer, He their LORD answers.

My sister, your explanation, as much as I went into it with open mind, without any ambiquity, i came out with clarity of conviction about jesus being a prophet of God. Any lies that may be spewed on him, by anyone, is on that liar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Beat World Record / I NEED AN ANSWER CHRISTIANS! I NEED AN ANSWER! / Ogboni Clergy:What Is The Relationship Between Christendom And Confraternity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.