Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President (38884 Views)

Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President / Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate / Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by obayaya(m): 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
MetaPhysical:

They care very much. They do not see Saraki in their 'right to rule' mantra. They have said repeatedly that they do not want the country divided. Saraki is power hungry and can be manipulated to go against that desire.

The North will rather have Saraki than a Tinubu stooge.

What do you think will happen if Tinubu gets hold of power?

Tinubu is way more ambitious than Saraki. The difference is that Saraki understands horse trading.. he's will to lose some to get what he wants..

But Tinubu is one greedy bastard that wants to win all the time..

The North will always prefer Saraki to Tinubu
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by hush15: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
seunmsg:

The president of the federal republic of Nigeria is not the senate president.

Maybe you will initiate a recall process just what Dino is facing now abi
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
PointZerom:

I said it yesterday that this is a planned game just to test the waters but some Afonjas were insulting me. The truth is that Saraki is more of PDP member than he is to APC this informs the reason why a PDP sinator was first to move the motion. It baffles me that some Yorubas are still seeing Saraki as a Yoruba man. PITY.

what does being Yoruba have to do with his personal ambition. so being Yoruba means he cant vie for the office of the president or what?
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by deomelo: 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
PointZerom:

To impeach him is not difficult in as much as the north don't want power to return to the south and the political number favours them hope you know this?. It is a well orchestrated slip that's bn played here o.

They can not impeach the president because the president satisfied the constitution by legally and constitutionally handing over to his vice while on medical leave and his vice is equipped with and backed by the constitution to act as the president of Nigeria till the president returns and able to take over.

There is no crisis here and the constitution is playing out the way it's supposed to.

The north can try all they want, but they can not impeach the president or prevent the VP from taking over as the president in case the current president doesn't return to office for any reason.

Any attempt to mess with the constitution or the VP = The beginning of the end of Nigeria and they know it so they won't try it.

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by OBAGADAFFI: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
deomelo:

They can not impeach the president because the president satisfied the constitution by legally and constitutionally handing over to his vice while on medical leave and his vice is equipped with and backed by the constitution to act as the president of Nigeria till the president returns and able to take over.

There is no crisis here and the constitution is playing out the way it's supposed to.

The north can try all they want, but they can not impeach the president or prevent the VP from taking over as the president in case the current president doesn't return to office for any reason.

Any attempt to mess with the constitution or the VP = The beginning of the end of Nigeria and they know it so they won't try it.

The President can't be impeached based on incapacitation by ill health which is obvious.

And the VP automatically become the President.

But that might not happen now.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by TundeHashim(m): 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
MetaPhysical:

The problem with Ilorin politics is tied to culture. In West we are Yoruba FIRST, other titles and identities follow behind and underneath. In Ilorin you are Muslims FIRST, other things follow behind. This is why you have not been able, independently, to change orientation from the turban to a Crown, and also why for over three decades Saraki has dominated your destiny. Belgore is challenging that and hopefully more people will rise to displace Saraki. Ilorin need a new orientation in cultural politics.
No...Ilorin needs no cultural orientation. in fact, all Emirates up North emphasize the Islamic identity over and above all identities and NONE of them is politically dominated by a family. The question is y is Ilorin's own different? There are several factors accountable for it such as massive poverty, inability of the elites to mobilize against them, greed of the clerical (alfas and mallams) and traditional class etc. But definitely, it is not a cultural problem linked to emphasis on Islamic identity!
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by DinoP: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
I do not care whether this stories flying about are true or not. But I am too certain that there is a God who still watches over the affairs of nations and people. Whoever God had chosen, He will stand by him till the end.
Dear Nigeria, let's calm down.The Mighty One of Isreal is visiting you soon!!
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
ipledge10:
sh!t will happen.. but if nothing happens then I'm renouncing my Nigeria citizenship. I will rather go seek asylum in Ghana
Do u think Nigerians will gives sh*t abt that? grin grin.....Nope![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by suremanpatriot: 2:45am On Jul 06, 2017
...Saraki should hav learnt his hard lession. He better not try to pull anoda stunt
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by ipledge10(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2017
Running204:
Do u think Nigerians will gives sh*t abt that? grin grin.....Nope![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Yes they won't give shit about that, but they will continue to live in a lawless country, a country where anything can happen.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by oyatz(m): 10:39am On Jul 06, 2017
Are there Yoruba PDP members?
Are Gov Fayose, Bode George, FFK etc Yoruba or Igbos?

PointZerom:

I said it yesterday that this is a planned game just to test the waters but some Afonjas were insulting me. The truth is that Saraki is more of PDP member than he is to APC this informs the reason why a PDP sinator was first to move the motion. It baffles me that some Yorubas are still seeing Saraki as a Yoruba man. PITY.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by oyatz(m): 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Iya clap for yourself.

BuddhaPalm:

Because the VP is an ordinary commissioner...
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by gberra: 10:26am On Jul 26, 2017
diezani:

yeah.. that's why I said I wouldn't want to jump into hasty conclusions with limited facts. I've been busy reading the constitution, you should too
Haven't you been reading the news lately?. You've been pummelled in the News hoping for justice to prevail. But all you do is sneak & hide yourself in a shame corner regardless your image.
You had to change your dp to a harmless-looking deer while you've done much wickedness to the nation...
I'd like to see how you wriggle out of your mess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal / FG Threatens To Open Border For Cement Importation / Chris Nigige Accused Of Beating A Building Contractor With His Staff In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.