Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President (38885 Views)

Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President / Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate / Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by MetaPhysical: 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

You Just remind me of Sunday Bolorunduro Awoniyi (chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum), Ibrahim Agboola Gambari and Alhaji Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari(Emir of the Ilorin Emirate).

Notice they have Yoruba name but fully working with North.

Is there anything you say here that is not already known? grin
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by OBAGADAFFI: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Is there anything you say here that is not already known? grin

Awon boys on NL, are still claiming that Safari is a Yoruba Man.

Maybe they need a lecture on Kwara/Kogi chameleonism in Nigeria.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by MetaPhysical: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Awon boys on NL, are still claiming that Safari is a Yoruba Man.

Maybe they need a lecture on Kwara/Kogi.

Saraki is indeed Yoruba, his intimacy lean more to the North. This political leaning does not make him a less Yorubaman.

Sanusi is a Fulani, his political intimacy leans more to West. Sanusi cannot say it out loud but he nurses a desire to reincarnate as a Yorubaman. He is about 56yrs old, more than half of that life is spent in Yoruba cities, he speaks fluent Yoruba. You probably also saw Northern youths telling Dangote that he is traitor. This is because his allegiance has always been to Lagos. Sanusi and Dangote are no less Fulani because they have a political safetynet in Yorubaland.

Culture is interwoven in Politics and you must understand the intricacies and how to manage it without confusing one with the other. You might be shocked at this revelation, Oba of Lagos was like a son to Ado Bayero. Ado himself weighed in in the conrtroversial selection of Akiolu. Same with Sanusi. Alaafin put his weight behind Sanusi's emergence.

3 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by OBAGADAFFI: 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Saraki is indeed Yoruba, his intimacy lean more to the North. This political leaning does not make him a less Yorubaman.

Sanusi is a Fulani, his political intimacy leans more to West. Sanusi cannot say it out loud but he nurses a desire to reincarnate as a Yorubaman. He is about 56yrs old, more than half of that life is spent in Yoruba cities, he speaks fluent Yoruba. You probably also saw Northern youths telling Dangote that he is traitor. This is because his allegiance has always been to Lagos. Sanusi and Dangote are no less Fulani because they have a political safetynet in Yorubaland.

Culture is interwoven in Politics and you must understand the intricacies and how to manage it without confusing one with the other. You might be shocked at this revelation, Oba of Lagos was like a son to Ado Bayero. Ado himself weighed in in the conrtroversial selection of Akiolu. Same with Sanusi. Alaafin put his weight behind Sanusi's emergence.

Well Saraki's Father has always insist they are from Mali.

I think its time the Yoruba Nation start drawing the line on who joins them irrespective of their names., i won't be surprised if a person like Sunday Bolorunduro Awoniyi (chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum) decide to run to for Afenifere chairman tomorrow.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by Dmano: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
They are just playing politics,no more governance, meanwhile if u are in need of Maids,Nannies,Chefs/cooks,Laundry man,Drivers,cleaners etc, then Nsekeng Resources Ventures on 08186153076,if u are in Lagos
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by ojobekehinde: 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

I just ignored him, because some of the can't be reasoned with.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by femolii: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
PointZerom:

Lecture them if they will understand.

Politics is not church Sermon but some don't know this.
is osinbanjo on the sick bed that will make make saraki to be the acting president ?

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by precious1967(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
i pray dt burantai wipe out ds USELESS senators.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by femolii: 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
vedaxcool:
Saraki the new fool being cheered by ipob animals who are imbec11s by the way should know that the senate is too small to ever make him president.
May be they want to make new constitution let's see first if it will favour them.

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by UnimkeAk(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
Guestlander:
Whether he was flying a kite or an helicopter the move is surely dead on arrival. He will have to kill both the president and the acting president for that to be a possibility.

Actually, it is easier than u think...
Once they are certain that pmb is not returing to office,(of course nigerians wont have access to this info) and with the backing of northern senators, pmb will be impeached due to technicality, pmb cant be impeached and vp stays...
Automatically saraki becomes president, secures enuf political ground to call for new elections and retain the seat.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by femolii: 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
seguno2:

Why don't you study your constitution before embarrassing yourself in the public?
Pig
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by TundeHashim(m): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
doublewisdom:
Hmmm, who's the omo baba Oloye?
His father was called "Oloye" and when he was getting, precisely 2003 when he became 70...people started adding "Baba" to it...so bukky is "omo Baba oloye". His father was not only the dominant force, but the ONLY force in my state's politics from 1976 till 2011. Then Bukky's ascendancy started from 2011 till date.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by reuben79: 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Have you ever heard of scenario analysis grin

Saraki is currently the second highest ranking person in Nigeria.
second highest ranking in wat way....elaborate dude?
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by chloride6: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

You are the one with an IQ too low to check the names of his father, his siblings and his children.

Honestly, how "smart" can you be?

Bukola

Olusola

Laolu

Gbemisola

Teniola and I forgot the girl's

You are the ones he fooled he isn't Yoruba. Even Kwara people know he's from Ogun State.

Siddon dia make Pant dey wear you.

Who is from Ogun State? Don't ever say this nonsense again, you this confusionist.

The saraki's have their root from outside the country.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by salford1: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

You Just remind me of Sunday Bolorunduro Awoniyi (chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum), Ibrahim Agboola Gambari and Alhaji Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari(Emir of the Ilorin Emirate).

Notice they have Yoruba name but fully working with North.

They are yorubas ethnically, but politically zoned to the north.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by tayorh(m): 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Don't be surprised if Osibanjo is a tactical genius, being quiet doesn't mean he is clueless, he is aware of the threats and must have a plan.. Let us wait and see

2 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by olajizz01(m): 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
PointZerom:

I said it yesterday that this is a planned game just to test the waters but some Afonjas were insulting me. The truth is that Saraki is more of PDP member than he is to APC this informs the reason why a PDP sinator was first to move the motion. It baffles me that some Yorubas are still seeing Saraki as a Yoruba man. PITY.
Nobody is seeing Saraki as yoruba despite the fact that they are speaking yoruba more than hausa in his domain,we veiw him as gambaris,that was the reason why non of the towns in kwara and kogi were invited to any yoruba elder's and leader's meeting not until most of these towns from Kogi and kwara were crying fowl that we are treating them like an outcast.

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by salford1: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
olajizz01:
Nobody is seeing Saraki as yoruba despite the fact that they are speaking yoruba more than hausa in his domain,we veiw him as gambaris,that was the reason why non of the towns in kwara and kogi were invited to any yoruba elder's and leader's meeting not until most of these towns from Kogi and kwara were crying fowl that we are treating them like an outcast.
An average ilorin person with a very northern first and surname gets angry when you call them gambari or fulani.

i dont blame them sha...They are more at home with yorubas than northerners since their mother tongue is yoruba, and their favourite food is amala gbegiri and ewedu.lol

3 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by free2ryhme: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
seguno2:

Stop letting emotions becloud your judgement. Learn to discuss rationally.
Go and read what Pius said in the OP.
The Senators can impeach the Vice President while the president is incapable of doing the job that he applied to us for.
Get it now?

I think really need to go read the constitution and stop spreading lies

Let me help you

(1) The Vice-President shall hold the office of President if the office of President becomes vacant by reason of death or resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or the removal of the President from office for any other reason in accordance with section 143 of this Constitution.
(2) Where any vacancy occurs in the circumstances mentioned in subsection (1) of this section during a period when the office of Vice-President is also vacant, the President of the Senate shall hold the office of President for a period of not more than three months, during which there shall be an election of a new President, who shall hold office for the unexpired term of office of the last holder of the office.

There no where it stated that the vice president can be impeached

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by rasco2000me: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
shocked[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
OBAGADAFFI:

The way you failed to remove him as Senate President?
waiit and see how God.
will. Destroy. Sarak
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by seguno2: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
free2ryhme:
I think really need to go read the constitution and stop spreading lies

Let me help you

(1) The Vice-President shall hold the office of President if the office of President becomes vacant by reason of death or resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or the removal of the President from office for any other reason in accordance with section 143 of this Constitution.
(2) Where any vacancy occurs in the circumstances mentioned in subsection (1) of this section during a period when the office of Vice-President is also vacant, the President of the Senate shall hold the office of President for a period of not more than three months, during which there shall be an election of a new President, who shall hold office for the unexpired term of office of the last holder of the office.

There no where it stated that the vice president can be impeached

BurningBlade:
Impeach the vice president on what ground? Did Pius Adesanmi say anything like unscrupulous impeachment?

You still haven't provided the quote that stipulate the senate president can act as acting president in the constitution. Here you saying I shouldn't let my emotions becloud my judgement, when reason seem to be your enemy right now.

Provide your evidence and stop dancing like a marooned masquerade Mr man.

Do I need to spell it out to you that the office of the Vice President can also be made vacant through impeachment?
Will both of you be humble enough to apologise
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by free2ryhme: 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
seguno2:

Do I need to spell it out to you that the office of the Vice President can also be made vacant through impeachment?

Does the word vacant mean impeachment?

Stop disgracing your
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by free2ryhme: 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
seguno2:

Does the word vacant mean impeachment?

Stop disgracing yourself
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by OBAGADAFFI: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
reuben79:
second highest ranking in wat way....elaborate dude?

The Senate President is usually the third ranking person in Nigeria.

But with the absence of the President,

The Acting President is number one and Senate President number two.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by olajizz01(m): 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
salford1:

An average ilorin person with a very northern first and surname gets angry when you call them gambari or fulani.

i dont blame them sha...They are more at home with yorubas than northerners since their mother tongue is yoruba, and their favourite food is amala gbegiri and ewedu.lol
There problem is that in iloriin,they have divided themselves into two,there is Gambaris and there is Afonjas,the Gambaris believed they are more hausa's than yoruba's while the Afonja's always get angry when ever they relate them with hausa's,that was why the fight between oloye saraki and their former govnor (Lawal) was hot,Lawal detest relating him to hausas while baba saraki like relating himself to hausa's and both were from ilorin.So things happened in their higher institution as well becos i schooled there.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by olajizz01(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
salford1:

There problem is that in iloriin,they have divided themselves into two,there is Gambaris and there is Afonjas,the Gambaris believed they are more hausa/fulani's than yoruba's while the Afonja's always get angry when ever they relate them with hausa's,that was why the fight between oloye saraki and their former govnor (Lawal) was hot,Lawal detest relating him to hausas while baba saraki like relating himself to hausa's and both were from ilorin.So things happened in their higher institution as well becos i schooled there.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by BurningBlade: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
seguno2:

You really are an incomprehensible idiot! Is the office of the Vice president vacant!? Why would Saraki make a move to be the acting president when the vice president is still lucidly in office?

It's proven that nonsense is your forte. The screenshot attached show your earlier ignorant comment about Saraki making a move for the presidency without having the locus to do so. You even told me to go study the constitution bla bla bla...

Nonsense! Because of free megabyte you come here dey yan anyhow. Abeg park well.

https://www.nairaland.com/3902213/pius-adesanmi-comment-attempts-make/1#58152201

Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by MetaPhysical: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
TundeHashim:
His father was called "Oloye" and when he was getting, precisely 2003 when he became 70...people started adding "Baba" to it...so bukky is "omo Baba oloye". His father was not only the dominant force, but the ONLY force in my state's politics from 1976 till 2011. Then Bukky's ascendancy started from 2011 till date.

The problem with Ilorin politics is tied to culture. In West we are Yoruba FIRST, other titles and identities follow behind and underneath. In Ilorin you are Muslims FIRST, other things follow behind. This is why you have not been able, independently, to change orientation from the turban to a Crown, and also why for over three decades Saraki has dominated your destiny. Belgore is challenging that and hopefully more people will rise to displace Saraki. Ilorin need a new orientation in cultural politics.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by seguno2: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
BurningBlade:
You really are an incomprehensible idiot! Is the office of the Vice president vacant!? Why would Saraki make a move to be the acting president when the vice president is still lucidly in office?

It's proven that nonsense is your forte. The screenshot attached show your earlier ignorant comment about Saraki making a move for the presidency without having the locus to do so. You even told me to go study the constitution bla bla bla...

Nonsense! Because of free megabyte you come here dey yan anyhow. Abeg park well.

https://www.nairaland.com/3902213/pius-adesanmi-comment-attempts-make/1#58152201

Is comprehension of the English language also your problem?
Stop fuming and foaming from your mouth. Learn to read and understand.

OBAGADAFFI:
Why are people saying that attempts to make Saraki acting President failed yesterday in the Senate?
I think it's a drama masterminded and directed by omo Baba Oloye himself and it played out precisely the way he wrote the script. You think two Senators just jumped up and moved that motion?
Omo Baba Oloye sent a message.
Omo Baba Oloye flew a kite
Omo Baba Oloye tested the waters.
After checking those three boxes, he shot down the motion.
Mission accomplished. grin
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by BurningBlade: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
seguno2:

Is comprehension of the English language also your problem?
Stop fuming and foaming from your mouth. Learn to read and understand.

Honestly, you're an overbloated idiot! No need wasting my precious time with an under-fed illiterate like you.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Comment On Attempts To Make Saraki Acting President by reuben79: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
cool cool cool cool
OBAGADAFFI:

The Senate President is usually the third ranking person in Nigeria.

But with the absence of the President,

The Acting President is number one and Senate President number two.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chris Nigige Accused Of Beating A Building Contractor With His Staff In Lagos / Osun Speaker Timothy Owoeye & Aides In Hospital After Convoy’s Accident (pic) / Buhari: I won't mention the name of my Preferred Successor, he may Be Eliminated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.