Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith (7574 Views)

Pictures From The BEZ Concert / Rooftop Mcs: Lagimo / Need Info On Modele's Adara Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by lalaboi(m): 1:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
ravenzord:

Is that Wordsmith our Wordsmith. . .as in Debo? I hope it is, cos the guy's ill abeg.

Lol. . .Debo?? / / This wordsmith is different!. . .

@java
Pls biko. . .can we just talk about the topic here and not mention Modenine. . . wink
Dont want this thread to collapse into a modenine thread ,  . . .
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by kbone(m): 5:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
I have this song on repeat with no plans to change it,

lalaboi:

But why M.I had enough time for his long bars and everyone else's was limited. . . .?
Na preferential treatment o. . grin

M.I. is quite feisty about Nigeria and its reputation, I remember his performance at Baskemouth uncensored last year, he made this wonderful intro-like speech before performing anoti, it was centered cybercrime and why Nigeria should not be made to look like the kings of the business, he said we are unbeatable that's why they put us in bad light, when he started anoti the crowd went gaga and it kind of made everyone see the song in new light,

1 Like

Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Rhymstein(m): 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2010
@kbone
Y u come dey yan all those stori,abi im relate wit y he had enough time, or u coming ere for m.i promo

1 Like

Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by javalove(m): 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Don't always say it as if Mode is a paragon of morals.What was he "eulogizing" in big boy raps?And how "poetical" is his song with OD(downtown love or sumn) in his 090909 mix tape?

U r just a plain hater. . .post anywhere he says u should go dupe som1 to act like a big boy. . .and the chorus also says. . "trying to put the green white green on the hip hop map. . . DOWNTON (09009 mixtape) also didnt tell u to go and rob or do yahoo yahoo or dupe a maga. . .
I'm yet to get ur point, maybe if u post some lyrics that poit to that fact. . .

ohhh b4 i forget, what was 319 state of mind about. . .suegbe

[/quote]
You can argue it from now till eternity but i think it is fool hardy to hold a musician/rapper responsible for what their fans/listeners do.
Are you for real?You mean the same fuji artists that make music about travelling outside Nigeria and singing to a crowd of 10 people?Or is Saheed Osupa that releases album for every car he hires/buys or every house he rents/builds not a fuji musician?

[quote]

u dey make me laff no be small. . .i have attended fuji shows oooooo. . .the money wasiu, osupa and co make on sprays alone can buy off all rug heads man alum. . .no be joke oooooo
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by aldon: 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2010
@java~ itz a known fact dat u r really obsessed wit these rugged-mode issue cuz u bring it 2 every thread,u post on.As long as u r blinded wit hatred,u will neva knw y nd hw ruggedman is making his big money.i wonder wat u gain 4rm spreading these rumours.well,i wont stay off topic lyk u.
@errbody~itz a gud joint wit gud message.all d artist featured were on point.let these artists kip droppin more of such +ve songz nd also show gud examples.word!!!
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by javalove(m): 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2010
aldon:

@java~ itz a known fact dat u r really obsessed wit these rugged-mode issue cuz u bring it 2 every thread,u post on.As long as u r blinded wit hatred,u will neva knw y nd hw ruggedman is making his big money[b].i wonder wat u gain 4rm spreading these rumours[/b].well,i wont stay off topic lyk u.
@errbody~itz a gud joint wit gud message.all d artist featured were on point.let these artists kip droppin more of such +ve songz nd also show gud examples.word!!!

i wish dey were rumours. . .!
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by kaypumpin2(m): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
javalove:

U r just a plain hater. . .post anywhere he says u should go dupe som1 to act like a big boy. . .and the chorus also says. . "trying to put the green white green on the hip hop map. . . DOWNTON (09009 mixtape) also didnt tell u to go and rob or do yahoo yahoo or dupe a maga. . .
I'm yet to get your point, maybe if u post some lyrics that poit to that fact. . .
You can do without the hater and suegbe part,i do not suffer fools gladly but i will let this pass.The fact i do not have o[i]r[/i]gasm on everything Mode 9 like you is not a pointer to being a hater.
Back to the issue. . . .aight i understand the thread was erstwhile about cybercrime and all what not before you barge in with your Mode 9 mantra,but the keyword in my stance is "morals".Why to you everything about Mode 9 signifies the gospel,i can point to some lyrics that are less digniying(even though not in the area of cyber-crime).
How poetical is if you "aint about money then i aint concerned"  undecided
How moralistic is "listening to Fela getting f[i]e[/i]llatio from a girl"  undecided

u dey make me laff no be small. . .i have attended fuji shows oooooo. . .the money wasiu, osupa and co make on sprays alone can buy off all rug heads man alum. . .no be joke oooooo

You posited Fuji artiste do not brag,and i am telling you that genre(right frm the days of Kollington bragging about chopping a black yam that was Salawa's p%$#$4y)is the most inappropriate to use as an example.How that culminated in me infering they do not have money is what i do not understand. undecided

The same fuji artistes that tag and glorify travelling from Canada to USA as a "world tour"?I laugh in vuvusela. grin

Orgas.m is now heavenly feeling? even when you are like Java who has hell-like feeling over everything mode 9 grin  tongue,i laugh in oboe.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by aldon: 12:19am On Feb 02, 2010
Lmfbao,
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by BLING1: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2010
@Eldee

WORD!!!! I am reading your comment over and over again!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you and indeed, I think you should do a review of this song for the Nigerian press. Meanwhile, just to quickly set the records straight, this is the overall context of the music campaign:

This song was recorded for the B.L.I.N.G. project which was initiated by Ohimai Godwin Amaize as an ambassador of the Microsoft Internet Safety, Security and Privacy Initiative for Nigeria (MISSPIN) a joint campaign by Microsoft and Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN) which seeks to re-direct the energies of young Nigerians from cyber crime to positive online engagements. B.L.I.N.G. stands for B[/b]rilliant. [b]L[/b]egitimate. [b]I[/b]nspired. [b]N[/b]igerian. [b]G[/b]reat.

The B.L.I.N.G. musical collaboration project which enjoys the sponsorship of Microsoft, has the benefit of having Cobhams Asuquo as producer, and an impressive line-up of artistes who volunteered to support the B.L.I.N.G. project: Banky W, MI, Modele, Omawumi, Rooftop MCs, Bez and Wordsmith. Also, several Nigerian celebrities like Fela Durotoye, Dele Momodu, Denrele Edun, Ofunneka Molokwu, Iyanya etc turned up at the video shoot which held last week in Lagos.

The song as well as its video has been scheduled for release this February. Below are the lyrics of the song:

Intro:
Echo: Eh!, Eh!, Eh!, Eh-Eh!,
Maga no need pay!
For me to buy correct motor,
For me to take make my dough,
Maga no need pay!
Eh! Eh!
Maga no need pay!

[b]Verse 1: Omawumi

Reminiscing as I walk to my car,
Thinking about how it used to be,
For Ekpoma, I dey ride okada and most times I dey soak garri,
I wanted to change the way I lived
But I didn’t have to do those things.
Now I’m rolling VIP
And all the girls wanna be like me, yeah,

Verse 2: Modele
You ask me how I deal with my reality,
Gotta tell you truly it ain’t easy, no!
I feel the pressure to find something wrong to do
Then I remember you reap what you sow!
Now I’m sitting staring at the screen of my computer,
I’m thinking really hard about what truly matters,
What with all these data, just to catch a maga,
It could have been my father, or someone else’s brother

Chorus: Banky W, Cobhams Asuquo & Omawumi
Maga no need pay!
For me to buy correct motor,
For me to take make my dough
Maga no need pay!
No need for me to go cafe
I hustle hard to make my pay
Maga no need pay
No need to do Yahoo-Yahoo (to do Yahoo-Yahoo)
Maga no need pay!
Eh! Eh!
Maga no need pay!
Eh! Eh!, Eh! Eh!

Verse 3: Banky W
Seven in the morning, it’s a brand new day
Eyes still swelling, still at the cafe
Hustling real hard from Sunday to Sunday
Hoping someday that maga will pay
But maga no need pay
For me to live correct
They call me Mr. Capable, I gat my self-respect
No need to do Yahoo-Yahoo for me to cash a cheque
I don’t need no maga, just work harder now

Verse 4: Bez
Tell me what a boy like me should do
Thought I heard the guys that rule do Yahoo-Yahoo
And if I do not do it I’m uncool
I’ll be a fool to the girls in school
But maga no need pay to get a good degree,
Or have a great opportunity
Don’t have to hack and attack,
Make use of CD cracks
We’re keepin’ it original, now you know my swag

Repeat Chorus

Verse 5: Rooftop MCs (Soulsnatcha & Sokleva)
Soulsnatcha:

Twale officer!
What’s the problem sir?
Or there’s a law against cruising in a Range sir?
Sokleva:
I don’t know what you think we are,
Cos we roll in fancy car?
We’re making the sweet money,
I call it the candy bar.
Soulsnatcha:
All those wey maga pay,
Where dem dey today?
I’m straight no deceit,
My money get receipt!
Sokleva:
I don’t mess with cybercrimes,
But I make the cypher rhyme.
I get paid for my time,
Don’t need to scam a dime!

Verse 6: Wordsmith
I’m your role model’s role model,
There’s no second guessing whom,
Wordsmith was made to make you change like a dressing room.
I’m living proof that there’s dignity in labour,
My bars is life imprisonment and this is hard labour.

Verse 7: MI
My father said I was a star before I ever spit a bar,
He said when you travel far,
Don’t forget who you are.
Represent Nigeria,
Represent for Africa.
Even when the things were hard,
I place my future in my God, (Yes, yeah)
See my nation’s reputation suffers much condemnation,
This’ our situation.
Are we cybercrime criminals? No!
We are the mineral resources of our fatherland,
We must rise and take the stand.
Every day heroes are born,
All stereotypes are torn.
Things we did to cause us harm,
We off that and now we on,
Hard work, positivity,
Truth, reliability
Expose your ability,
Change our reality,
That’s word! (Yeah, yeah, yeah)

Repeat Chorus 2ice

Outro with chorus in the background: MI
Cheer!
Nigeria!
Yeah, yeah, listen everybody,
Put your BLING up right now!
[b]BLING [/b]in this case means we’re [b]B[/b]rilliant, we’re [b]L[/b]egitimate, we’re [b]I[/b]nspired, we’re [b]N[/b]igerian and we’re [b]G[/b]reat!
It means that we do not have to do anything that we ought not to do to make money y’all!
We just gatto apply ourselves and work hard and be creative and innovative.
Be truly Nigerian.
We will get there, y’all!

Chorus till fade

Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by kbone(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2010
Rhymstein:

@kbone
Y u come dey yan all those stori,abi im relate wit y he had enough time, or u coming ere for m.i promo

?
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by pheesayor(m): 9:49am On Feb 03, 2010
slimshay:

But the truth remains, you cant turn a molue into a BRT bus just by painting it blue.
lwkmd grin grin grin
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by rapaddict(m): 10:41am On Feb 03, 2010
BLING is a really nice innitiative. we all should be proud of the fact that these artistes have come together to do something about the way nigeria's name's being muddied. what i dont understand is why people keep bringing the issue of modenine and ruggedman into matters like this. i think its plain stupid to spoil a good gist like this with the mode and rugged talk.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 11:06am On Feb 03, 2010
^^Is that rapjunkie?
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by khanye(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
Maga Must Pay 'cos Boyz R Not Smiling grin
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by rapaddict(m): 4:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ GENUFLECT, naa i aint Rapjunkie.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Khanyeezy Lmaooo
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by khanye(m): 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
Genuflect:

@Khanyeezy Lmaooo

Na so man, Maga will continue to pay until MUMUTALAB becomes AMERICA president cool cool
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by lalaboi(m): 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2010
I is feeling the rappers more than the singers on this joint. . . I fastforward to wordsmith and co everytime. . .
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by sjeezy8: 1:07am On Feb 04, 2010
Good concept but wack lyrics.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Bwise: 8:28am On Feb 04, 2010
Follow the video link on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCnl6O6bnE

Hot and Sizzling, A must see for every Nigerian youth,
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by DLetterC(m): 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
Jeremiah Gyang: Love Angel

It’s been over five years since his phenomenal debut opus: ‘Na Ba Ka’ and now 2010 welcomes back soulful crooner: Jeremiah Gyang, the man who first put ‘J-town’ on the musical map of Nigeria and made Hausa music acceptable to the iPod generation .

In the space of time since he’s been gone and largely off the grid, Jeremiah has travelled the world, buried his mother, introduced us to M.I and still found time to make his signature great music.

While building the tempo and necessary buzz to prepare us for his sophomore LP, Jeremiah has sung a duet with Asa - ‘Comforters Song’, crafted songs for L’ami and other upcoming artistes and performed at the recent December 2009 Rhythm Unplugged Concert in Lagos.

In the spirit of the Valentine season, Jeremiah has put out a free promo CD ‘The Return of Jeremiah’ which includes the new singles ‘In Love with You’, ‘Kaunar Allah (Ft. Skales) and ‘The Only One’.

The tone of these songs, which evoke feelings of love, not towards the artiste but towards a lover, spouse or partner, showcases a deeper and more mature sound from the artiste/producer.

The as yet untitled sophomore LP is already being touted as Jeremiah’s absolute tour de force!
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by rapjunkie(m): 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
its a good idea but the song sounds a bit patronising. . . . .
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by mbulela: 2:59am On Feb 06, 2010
so what is Dele Momodu doing in the video?
Do you need a scam artist to drive home the ills of scam?
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by mbulela: 3:02am On Feb 06, 2010
i would have preferred artistes with more street credibility.
their message would have resonated better.
imagine Da grin, Nigga raw or Lord of Ajasa on this track.
even 9ice.
men that we know hustled there way from the street to the top.
all these Banky W and MI with their accent have not earned the right to preach yahoo yahoo message to the boys in the street.
we need men from the hood who knew how far.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by rapjunkie(m): 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2010
mbulela:

i would have preferred artistes with more street credibility.
their message would have resonated better.
imagine Da grin, Nigga raw or Lord of Ajasa on this track.
even 9ice.
men that we know hustled there way from the street to the top.
all these Banky W and MI with their accent have not earned the right to preach yahoo yahoo message to the boys in the street.
we need men from the hood who knew how far.

tru dat. . . . . . . .the choice of artists involved in this project was ill advised. . .and whats dele momodu doing on the video?. . .  ,  only in Nigeria can we get a great concept like this so spectacularly wrong  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by khanye(m): 1:30pm On Feb 06, 2010
The song is abs. RUBBISH!
80% of 9ja artist are into shady runs
What's dele momodu doin in the video? . . . .
The same dele momodu that features people who embezzled and steal Nigeria money on the front page of Ovation.
Let them talk about MR. P and those people in Aso R. Choping our money
If the Government is good, there is no need for Y.Y
Nuff Said.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by lalaboi(m): 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2010
Whatever mahn . . . .

Am straight, No deceit . . . .my money get reciept!. . .I dont mess with cyber crime, but i make the cypher ryhme. . .i get paid for my time. . .dont need to scam a dime!. . . . .Maga no neeeed paaaaay!

I dont mind who's involved. . .Song is on point and only the scammers would hate on it!. . .Nuff said grin
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by mbulela: 4:29am On Feb 08, 2010
lala i disagree with you small.
the lyrics may be on point but the messenger is as important in this case.
the moment i saw Dele Momodu, i just switched off the video.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2010
Those people must not know how much hate Dele Momodu garners because of his hypocrisy. Both on Web and streets
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by lalaboi(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2010
mbulela:

lala i disagree with you small.
the lyrics may be on point but the messenger is as important in this case.
the moment i saw Dele Momodu, i just switched off the video.
Genuflect:

Those people must not know how much hate Dele Momodu garners because of his hypocrisy. Both on Web and streets

Isnt Dele momodu that magazine guy?? that had a spat with a NL's Jarus?
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by asha80(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2010
lalaboi:

Isnt Dele momodu that magazine guy?? that had a spat with a NL's Jarus?

Yes he is.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2010
Lala, yeah. He's the one. The guy reeks of mediocrity and they put him in this kinda vid? Dem no try

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of D'banj's New Supermodel Girlfriend - Yaris / Nairaland Artist Synord Releases New Photos Ahead Of Singles / Out Of Wizkid,davido,olamide Whom Do U Like Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.