Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? (10345 Views)

Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 06, 2017
I started working at an organisation on 24th may 2017 and till today my first salary has not been paid,the management of the organisation has not mentioned a word concerning my salary since i resumed.Need your help guys

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by wahles(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2017
Listen to office gossips first bout salary

15 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by smartty68(m): 7:10am On Jul 06, 2017
jeffrizzy1:
I started working at an organisation on 24th may 2017 and till today my first salary has not been paid,the management of the organisation has not mentioned a word concerning my salary since i resumed.Need your help guys
Change your mood and pretend to be sick. You know the rest

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Modsenemy(f): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2017
"Oga I never see anytin o"

17 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by dingbang(m): 7:28am On Jul 06, 2017
Keep quiet eh...

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Spicylate(f): 7:28am On Jul 06, 2017
Find out if you are the only one who hasn't been paid.

Or

Meet someone mutual and ask if the company is experiencing a melt down

19 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by ezecy: 7:29am On Jul 06, 2017
If you wish to make money installing school management software for schools around you....

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by sunnysunny69(m): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2017
Time you find another job because they will continue to owe. Speak to the very person that hired you, show him what your employment letter says and how they have not honored it, good luck.

9 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by MARKone(m): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2017
jeffrizzy1:

Oga/madam month wan end, hafa for salary?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Kennitrust(m): 7:30am On Jul 06, 2017
kneel down beggam.

but why will someone consciously employed someone to work for ur progress and the workers are treated like slaves.

I God for the strength to struggle all alone
though not easy but I hold on

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Edopesin: 7:30am On Jul 06, 2017
Yhu Ahr Nt Alone Guy....

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by MirJay: 7:30am On Jul 06, 2017
undecided,

i can categorically state to you that is either you are forgotten or you are been taking advantage of.

Enquire first before airing your complaints

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by fernandez1(m): 7:30am On Jul 06, 2017
My 7 star Oga month don end pay mi me salary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by deepwater(f): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2017
Op where you inducted properly? Was any manual given to you to study during your induction ? Check it, there in should be the company policies statement et al.

Check out for HR section, you should see pages addressing how to report grieve or something like a reporting channel for complains which is company specific. Follow that only, otherwise you could get sacked for not following company procedures.

Emotions are not entertained here, be real, do what the company says and how they say it.

And don't forget to demand for your wages for the seven days in May, if they decide to pay you only June.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by purpledferanmi1: 7:33am On Jul 06, 2017
Is this not obvious u r bin used as a slave, Quit the god forsaken and get anoda job or still pursue ur personal hustle if u have one.
Your employers dont want u to grow. My opinion tho. I dont know ur contract of employment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 06, 2017
You go straight to the manager or whoever is in charge of salary and ask.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Caustics: 7:34am On Jul 06, 2017
sad
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by ndukwejoe(m): 7:35am On Jul 06, 2017
oga good morning the boyz are not smiling o!
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by BlueRayDick: 7:35am On Jul 06, 2017
Get Evans to collect 5years salary advance from ur boss and thaz all.....
But on a serious note, some organizations no dey try o. Ahn ahn, they want u to feed on sand ni?

I remember resuming where I work on the 15th of the month and by 23rd which was the normal pay day I got my first salary. Tho it was prorated for half a month, but still I was amazed.Sincerely that really made me take my job serious because I knew it was a good place to work.

Guess ur work place don't value their staff

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Masquerade7: 7:35am On Jul 06, 2017
Its typical in most working organisation in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by RobbStark(m): 7:35am On Jul 06, 2017
Jus go to whoever is in charge of finance and accts and let them know you havent been paid.
The reason wud be given to you there and then.
You have worked for it and you shud have it.

If this continues, pack your stuff and leave.asap

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 06, 2017
Polite? Why do we suddenly think salary payment is a favour for which you should be polite in its demand?
You put in man-hours and you deserve your pay. There is nothing to be polite about.

But my guy before you go gung-ho, fund out from the oldies there what the company policy is as per payment o newbies. Some companies may wanna pay after 3months cos some persons are in the habit of collecting first month's salary and going AWOL. When I began work, I was owed for 6months before being paid. Government work though.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by ayusco85(m): 7:38am On Jul 06, 2017
That's why I love working for a standard organization. Every 24th I get my salary alert. It makes u love Ur job.

Bros just be patient. Don't ask, they know u haven't been paid

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by toyinjimoh(m): 7:38am On Jul 06, 2017
ask d other staff wen they normally pay remember u 're a new staff
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by 4hys: 7:39am On Jul 06, 2017
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by laliga01: 7:39am On Jul 06, 2017
I advice you ask other colleagues, the organisation might be going through down line. I know many production company that have been forced to drastically reduce production due to this economic challenges.
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by phensbassey: 7:40am On Jul 06, 2017
protest unclad
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Antoeni(m): 7:41am On Jul 06, 2017
Be doing eye service whenever u see him, or Go to his house, wash is Cars, sweep d compound, cut and trim d flowers, after doing all dis , bet me he will surely pay u, jst follow my Advice, and u will thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by talk2saintify(m): 7:42am On Jul 06, 2017
Sir please when ah mine receiving ma mini

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by kingrt2(m): 7:42am On Jul 06, 2017
Well it depends on how long they have been owing you , if it is a reasonable period just kindly let your manager see things from your perspective as to why you need your monthly payment am sure he/she probably also has a family to take care of but if its been too long dude quit that job and tear the office down on your way out cheesy cheesy wink

See signature and patronise thank you.
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by talk2saintify(m): 7:46am On Jul 06, 2017
jeffrizzy1:

Ah wanted for ma salary on ma first month at work the same yhu are doing......

Some companies last 1month and a week or more before paying...

Kindly ask yhur colleagues aw the organisation pays.......

Dat wat ah did during ma own time

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by ajalawole(m): 7:53am On Jul 06, 2017
Tell them u need a loan from the company which amount to your salary, bet me ur request will be granted within 24hrs sad . This the best way to get ur salary.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Helpful Tips For Salary Negotiation. / Nigerian Army 75RRI Shortlisted Candidates 2016/2017 / Airtel Did Not Sack Workers. Their Side Of The Story !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.