Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? (10399 Views)

Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by chinex276(m): 7:56am On Jul 06, 2017
meet one of the ogas at d top u are friendly with or that is friendly with you the discussion should go like.
you- gu mon sir
oga- gud morning how are you

YOU- I am not fine sir
OGA- *with a worried face* wats wrong

YOU- Sir I've not been paid since i started work here oooo... and.... and... and (start crying loudly)
OGA- Eyah.... *really really worried* I will see what to do... btw just manage this 2k till I table ur matter for board meeting today... No dey cry na, haba u be man ooo
.... op thank me later
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by NoMindThem: 8:02am On Jul 06, 2017
They are owing you just a month...... 4get the May-July things...... U started on 24th of May..... so 23rd of June makes it one month...... July still dey on its 6th day...... chill bro... I'm being own 9month by a certain uncle........ though my wasn't at a stretched......I worked 4 14 months and was paid of months out of it.......... Some State and LG workers don 4get wetin b salary...... Just psyche a friend within and know watzup with salary broh...
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by ElizaVeta(f): 8:04am On Jul 06, 2017
ezecy:
If you wish to make money installing school management software for schools around you....
Stop Spamming threads!
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by nnaemmy(m): 8:04am On Jul 06, 2017
Try looking for a job elsewhere, but while doing so try and meet a top person may be a manager or your supervisor and talk about it with him/her. there is nothing wrong requesting for your salary after all it was not stated in your employment letter that you would be owed 2 or 3 months before being paid. If nobody from the management is talking about it, then go for it. It's your right.
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by NoMindThem: 8:04am On Jul 06, 2017
They are owing you just a month...... 4get the May-July things...... U started on 24th of May..... so 23rd of June makes it one month...... July still dey on its 6th day...... chill bro... I'm being own 9month by a certain uncle........ though my wasn't at a stretched......I worked 4 14 months and was paid of months out of it.......... Some State and LG workers don 4get wetin b salary...... Just psyche a friend within and know watzup with salary broh.........
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by muller101(m): 8:07am On Jul 06, 2017
smartty68:

Change your mood and pretend to be sick. You know the rest
lol they will just sack him
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by sleeknick: 8:15am On Jul 06, 2017
Owo mi da! angry
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by shevy878: 8:35am On Jul 06, 2017
They'r trying to see if you are deaf & dumb, by next month they may draw final conclusion :DThey'r trying to see if you are deaf & dumb, by next month they may draw final conclusion
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by meeketta: 8:35am On Jul 06, 2017
Go on strike !!!
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Redhot111(m): 8:39am On Jul 06, 2017
Do I really need decorum in asking for my salary? Especially wen it has long been overdue. Na vex I go take ask ooo. Who doesn't knw dat a hungry man is an angry man?
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by patola080(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2017
Some 3months some 6months like some states dey pay after 3 or 6moths so pls wait 4 3 to 6moths
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by joenor(m): 8:57am On Jul 06, 2017
My dear how strong is the finance of the company? I guess you were given an employment letter stating when your salary would be paid, you should request for it, as it's your right.
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 06, 2017
stop going to work then they will call you

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by batxano: 9:01am On Jul 06, 2017
Communication is very important in everything we do. firstly, approach one or two of your colleagues who are in the same level with u and find out if they are experiencing the same situation. if NO, oga go to the HR and inform them that you have not been paid. the HR will definitely not take it personal because it is your right. you worked for it and value should be received in return. you cant kip suffering in silence.

when i got newly employed, my salary was only delayed for two days, my dear i went to HR oooo to ask why i hav'nt received my pay and it was resolved immediately.

GOOD LUCK.
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by SmartyPants(m): 9:07am On Jul 06, 2017
batxano:
Communication is very important in everything we do. firstly, approach one or two of your colleagues who are in the same level with u and find out if they are experiencing the same situation. if NO, oga go to the HR and inform them that you have not been paid. the HR will definitely not take it personal because it is your right. you worked for it and value should be received in return. you cant kip suffering in silence.

when i got newly employed, my salary was only delayed for two days, my dear i went to HR oooo to ask why i hav'nt received my pay and it was resolved immediately.

GOOD LUCK.

Have you considered that where he works they may have a different culture from where you work? It might be a one-man business or just an exploitative set-up where asking or demanding for his rights will get him fired without ever seeing that money.

We've all heard those stories.
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by ozoneboy(m): 9:44am On Jul 06, 2017
I don't understand how a graduate above 22yrs cant man up and demand for his right angry.go straight to HR and ask him he should explain to you y your salary have not been paid with straight face so that he will know that you are serious.
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by cedeki(m): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2017
There is no polite way my friend just ask your employer to pay and resign, some employer are evil, they rather make you work for free
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by forandy(m): 10:15am On Jul 06, 2017
jeffrizzy1:
I started working at an organisation on 24th may 2017 and till today my first salary has not been paid,the management of the organisation has not mentioned a word concerning my salary since i resumed.Need your help guys

"Oga, time aff nuh reesh?"
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Snowstorm: 10:16am On Jul 06, 2017
When no be say you be civil servant wey go for work for 9 months before salary enter...Oga better go and ask what's up!
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by xxgig(m): 11:16am On Jul 06, 2017
jeffrizzy1:
I started working at an organisation on 24th may 2017 and till today my first salary has not been paid,the management of the organisation has not mentioned a word concerning my salary since i resumed.Need your help guys
were other staffs owed when they started too? were you giving employment letter? What are the terms on it? A friend got a job and was owed for the first month. Which they later paid two 2weeks into the second month. Paid her salary for second month end of the third month. Now they are owing him one full month salary, simply because if you quit without appropriate notice, you forfeit that one month pay. Not withstanding the gossips, you should approach your employer and request to know why you have not been paid (that's if there's policy to that effect)
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Fuckallmods: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2017
Hey you punk ass madafacking boss, pay me my money you facking bloke
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by banggy: 11:26am On Jul 06, 2017
Oga hope u didn't forget me?

wait for the response
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Godfreykc(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2017
some organization are so cruel, some here says they have been owed for six, while some three like the government of buari, that's why we enjoyed our working days with Evans he doesn't play with our salaries, anything 20-25th no matter what our alert must enter
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2017
Oga how far my amassed

Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by Josdino(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2017
jeffrizzy1:
my bro if u still working dere i wonder wat is n ur eyes
Re: What's The Most Polite Way To Ask For The Payment Of Your Salary? by GistFullGround: 12:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
Use a very big CUTLASS to threaten the person in charge of your salary... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! / Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here / Study In Nigeria Or Travel To Asia To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.