Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Mixed Messages From A Man I Like - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mixed Messages From A Man I Like (3318 Views)

10 Romantic Text Messages To Send To Your Loved One On Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2010
I am in two minds about whether he also likes me, i have had positive vibes from in the past, but today when i saw him, he was with a group of people and i appeared unexpectedly and joined the group, almost immediately he changed and kind of turned away and was staring off at something, the rest of us were talking and he never made any indication he was listening etc, then he walked off and was watching something for a while, we all continued to talk, then i thought since he was acting weirdly, i would ignore him, when he came back to the group a few mins later i didn't look at him or talk to him.
I moved to be with some of the group that had broken away and ignored him, after 5 mins he joined our smaller group. Two of the group then headed in doors, leaving us, he made mention of the rain that was coming and i spoke back.
A bit later, i asked him a question as he was walking towards me and he stopped and we chatted for a few minutes. None of the weirdness earlier in the day was there anymore. I also noticed him looking at me a little later, sensed it i suppose u could say.
But why the weirdness when i appeared, i felt quite hurt that he was doing it, but was it because his friends were there or was he giving me a hint he didn't like me, although he stopped and talked to me later when we were alone. I just don't know what to think.
Anyone have a feeling on what is going on please?
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
Girl maybe he likes you. I had a similar experience the guy in question always froze up when I came into class or walked out of the group when I joined it. I later found out he liked me all along. Maybe try to make him feel comfortable in your presence, talk about light-hearted matters etc.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2010
Thanks for your quick reply! At the time i felt it was cos he was showing me he was not interested, and i felt really hurt but since thinking about it i do wonder if it is the oposite, like you say, but i just do not know! Such a weird way to act!
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by neily(f): 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2010
Try and give him attention, cos i think he feels u don't like him and he does not know how to get ur attention or even to make u accept him.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2010
Thanks neily, by his reaction today i felt he did know i liked him and he was giving me the message to leave him alone, but then again, he made conversation with me later, i dont find flirting a natual thing, but i tend to look at him and smile etc, i think he knows? I just dont want to look a fool if he doesn't like me!
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2010
Just try and have lighthearted conversations with him.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by ijckk(m): 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2010
hw nice he rly does lyk u dat's y he's shy wheneva ur around.he'll be comfortable talkin 2u when u guys are alone.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2010
Thanks, yes i do and i will continue to, i am sure his reaction was because other people were around, he has been a bit like that in the past, copes better talking to me when its just us.  But the reaction today was so extrmeme!
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2010
You could be right and i really hope you are ijckk!!!!!!! Cos i like him smiley
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Coolbrainz(m): 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2010
[/color][color=#006600]
Ebonyeyes:

Just try and have lighthearted conversations with him.
hello ebony
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2010
Coolbrainz:

[/color][color=#006600] hello ebony
Hi smiley
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2010
It says i have 17 replys but can only see 12, is there a page two cos i can't find it if there is!!!
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 2:13am On Feb 01, 2010
Anyone else have any feelings about what is going on??
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Kgdavid(m): 2:20am On Feb 01, 2010
Well i suspect he likes you but is a shy guy and is not sure if you like him too.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 2:24am On Feb 01, 2010
Thank you kgdavid, its good to have thoughts from a male about it! Have you ever acted that way around a woman you like? Kind of an advoidance tactic, cos 10 mins down the track you wouldn't think he had run away from the group when i joined it, as he was talking to me and seemed fine.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by na2day2(m): 3:48am On Feb 01, 2010
Rosie_101:

I am in two minds about whether he also likes me, i have had positive vibes from in the past, but today when i saw him, he was with a group of people and i appeared unexpectedly and joined the group, almost immediately he changed and kind of turned away and was staring off at something, the rest of us were talking and he never made any indication he was listening etc, then he walked off and was watching something for a while, we all continued to talk, then i thought since he was acting weirdly, i would ignore him, when he came back to the group a few mins later i didn't look at him or talk to him.
I moved to be with some of the group that had broken away and ignored him, after 5 mins he joined our smaller group.  Two of the group then headed in doors, leaving us, he made mention of the rain that was coming and i spoke back.
A bit later, i asked him a question as he was walking towards me and he stopped and we chatted for a few minutes.  None of the weirdness earlier in the day was there anymore. I also noticed him looking at me a little later, sensed it i suppose u could say.
But why the weirdness when i appeared, i felt quite hurt that he was doing it, but was it because his friends were there or was he giving me a hint he didn't like me, although he stopped and talked to me later when we were alone. I just don't know what to think.
Anyone have a feeling on what is going on please?

why are u stressing urself, u only like him not in love with him so no big deal, just unlike him and u will be fine  wink wink
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by delagasky(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2010
just have atalk with him and let him know u have a feeling there's somtin on his mind abt u wit the way he acts around u, u'd just like him to tell u wat it is. U can invite him to lunch to make it easy for him.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2010
Yes, i think you are right, there was a reaction to my presence, whether it was neg or pos i do not know! I need to know one way or another though.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Mannylex(m): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
The sign is there, the guy is in luv, nuffin else wld cause such behaviour 4rm him, if not luv. This is is luv at d peak
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 4:00am On Feb 02, 2010
Does it not seem he dislikes me then? I was sure he was trying to give me a message that he was not interested. I felt so hurt as i have had positive signs before but this was extreme to say the least. The weird thing is, you wouldn't think he had even been acting funny later when he spoke to me. Why are they so hard to work out and changeable!
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Otuocha: 6:52am On Feb 02, 2010
Baby girl my name is emeka . I use to have dat feelings for girl in my area and in my own case it lasted for more than three years . Thank God to GSM .My advice to you is that you give him to pretend as if you dont notice his action one day he will show up. Dont go to him cos that will make him think something else

1 Like

Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by galatico(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2010
He's too ashamed of you, it could he's ben bragging with his friends that he doesn't feelings for you, so he had to act like that when they are around .
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2010
LOL, that's a possibility.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by henryhemon(m): 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2010
@galatico,
I don't think that would be the case,the obvious possibility is that he likes her but doesn't know how to translate that to her and ofcourse there's a possibilty he's the shy type.

@rosie,
he likes u alot,thats my take.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by kpolli(m): 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2010
he likes u too much
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
Wow, i like the sound of that!! I really hope he does but i still have doubts about why he acted like he did. Or was he trying not to let on by his face how much he liked me and turned away for that reason? Or was not keen for his friends to see how he felt? I am told he was part of the conversation and fine till i arrived and then he dramtically had this reaction and another person also noticed. I am still having niggling thoughts that he did it cos he knows i like him and he was trying to give me a hint that he was not interested. But if that is the case, why talk to me at all, cos he did a bit later on, if he really didn't like me he would not make an effort to do so that, right?!
I am thinking of sending him a Valentines card with a message inside saying how much i like him and perhaps my cell ph number so he can text and guess who he thinks its from, but i am not sure incase i am wrong about him having a feelings for me, i dont want to look like a fool.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by kpolli(m): 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
becos he likes u n doesnt have the slightest idea if u like him back in return n its eating him inside,
used to happen to me b4

plus am sure the other ppl in that group use ur name to tease him and he is trying to look hard, that was ur chance to take control of the situation, u should have told him "act all u want but the fact is becoming clear" , when he is asks wat u mean, leave him puzzled
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by Rosie101: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2010
Thats great advice kpolli, thank u! A good friend of mine said similar to me, she said he is shy and wanting me to show him something more so he knows how i feel. So if a guy knew you liked him and he didn't like you, would he react like that or not? If it was me i would be quite happy to know someone liked me and i wouldn't react in a negative way, i would have talked to the person quite happily. Then again if someone u liked joined the group u were in wouldn't u want to talk in the group with that person there? Or does it really make the person shy away just like he did.
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by frank317: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2010
He is not man enuf, i tink he is a loser. Do u want 2 go in2 r/ship wit a loser? Tink about this
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by smooooooth: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2010
hallucinating lipsrsealed
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by kpolli(m): 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2010
well if a girl i like joins a group am in, i wont do anything diff, behave as if she wasnt there, plus i can talk to her privately on y i cant date her, its better to do it in private so that if later i become interested, i can always go back in private n accept,
n remember he acknowlegded the fact u were there by keepin quiet n behavin distant,
Re: Mixed Messages From A Man I Like by kpolli(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2010
frank3.16:

He is not man enuf, i tink he is a loser. Do u want 2 go in2 r/ship wit a loser? Tink about this

define a loser,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U Give It Cheaply To One Guy And Do Long Shakara For D Other. Girls Why? / Your Wife Is Having An Affair / How To Attract Women Without Talking To Them (for Cuties And Handsomes Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.