Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1058) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2057250 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2021
ceaser:

Someone (@ Odimbannandi, I think) posted this for 10k few comments back. Here's the link so you can contact him.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1055#106041733

You can also order it on a place like AliExpress if you don't mind the 3 weeks waiting time for delivery. It costs like 6k to 10k depending on the size of shunt you want with it.

I ordered for exactly the same type but the seller packed it poorly and by the time it arrived, the screen was already broken and it is unusable. Only the shunt may be useful at a later date.

Thanks boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eliteweb(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
odimbannamdi:

I have this for sale. Mine even comes with a 200A shunt.

Oya add your phone number to your signature so we can reach u...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
eliteweb:

Oya add your phone number to your signature so we can reach u...

Alright boss. Doing so shortly. But while I am at it, you can reach me on 090...83..74.86..35
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
Now this.

From the stable of Growatt.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 2:56am On Sep 25, 2021
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to decide which one would be better for my Multiplus, a VE.bus bluetooth dongle or a MK3 USB cable
I'm thinking of integrating the multiplus into Home Assistant and I'm also penny pinching.

It seems configuration ability is limited with the bluetooth dongle but the disadvantage of the cable is that it has to be connected to change settings and also get data, not sure which would be a better option.

If there's anyone that has a spare MK3 cable I wouldn't mind. grin tongue
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alstacs(m): 5:54am On Sep 25, 2021
@NiyiOmoIyunade actually gave an extensive report that seemed to ahve helped me.
I did interact with the engineer attacked the supplier of my inverter and the I was visited by Multipower Engineer.
Both of them agreed with the post of NiyiOmoIyunade here and the conclusion was that I should ignore the 3 bars and should not be scared of the low the voltage I see since the battery carries the the expected load for the duration expected.
I've been enjoying my set up since then and my oga @Durodee self knows say him don de rest from my panic calls and messages grin since I got all these explanations.
However, the Multipower office still reminded me my batteries are under warrantee and they are ready to collect and replace them within that 1 and half year period if they perform suboptimally.

loks99:

Facing this same issue... PLs text me on WhatsApp I need your help greatly. 07033272065

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2021
ceaser:
Now this.

From the stable of Growatt.

Lithium ion? Ok, would've prefered lifepo4. Anyways dem dey fear to put price? grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2021
https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600218998733/Lifepo4-pack-3-2v-230ah-rechargeable.html?src=saf&fullFirstScreen=true&xp=ZXWGH_cjT3nMsj--iuynWTKth_uf3wcU_yuMdwJV_m0H8i5eSi8b7CdiKPJb_1inKXkLxEQpYivkjh--v4ezrvJ9PpLbbDCiNgTb25SXWu5T8&bm=cps&cps_sk=bednd4pd&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.alibaba.com%2Fproduct--detail%2FLifepo4--pack--3--2v--230ah--rechargeable_1600218998733.html&redirect=1

Any China shipper in the house that can help with this should contact me. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2021
I understand you are trying to cut cost and all but have you tried saving up for the GX devices, a VENUS with no display will go a long way especially forbyour home automation, the options you mentioned earlier will only give a temporary solution

netotse:
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to decide which one would be better for my Multiplus, a VE.bus bluetooth dongle or a MK3 USB cable
I'm thinking of integrating the multiplus into Home Assistant and I'm also penny pinching.

It seems configuration ability is limited with the bluetooth dongle but the disadvantage of the cable is that it has to be connected to change settings and also get data, not sure which would be a better option.

If there's anyone that has a spare MK3 cable I wouldn't mind. grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:59am On Sep 25, 2021
mctfopt:

Lithium ion? Ok, would've prefered lifepo4. Anyways dem dey fear to put price? grin

I believe it should be much cheaper that LiFePO4. And with the emphasis on safety at par with LFP, then it may be a good thing for people to consider it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
Growatt products now available at discounted price below what you see in snapshot below!!!

Watch next post for discounted prices on growatts product & pylontech lithium batteries !

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a .... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2021
Discounted product prices! Seek no further!!!

Growatt :

Growatt 3kva 48v inverter ... 295,000
Growatt SPF 5000es 48v "can be paralleled" .. 470,000
Growatt 6kva 48v .... 635,000
Growatt 8kva 48v .... 870,000
Growatt 10kva 48v ... 1,090,000
Growatt 12kva 48v ... 1,140,000

Phocos 5000w 48v pure sinewave inverter "can function without batteries" ... 550,000

Vmax 1500w 12v pure sinewave inverter "with 30a inbuilt pwm solar controller" ... 100,000

Growatt hope 3.3kwh 48v lithium battery .. 685,000
Pylontech Us 3000c lithium battery ... 880,000
Pylontech Us 2000c .... 635,000
Shoto 4.8kwh lithium battery "48v 100a" ... 860,000

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
olopan:
I understand you are trying to cut cost and all but have you tried saving up for the GX devices, a VENUS with no display will go a long way especially forbyour home automation, the options you mentioned earlier will only give a temporary solution

Thanks but the GX is an overkill for me and at 3X the cost of the MK3 (or VE Bus dongle) it's difficult for me to justify. If I hammer I could go for it but in these days of racing dollar prices I'm not in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
You might consider a Raspberry Pi and install the Victron Venus OS on it. That should give you all the functionality at a fraction of the cost.

With a Pi you also get ease of integration with your home automation.

Be ready to get hands on to get all to work seamlessly.

netotse:

Thanks but the GX is an overkill for me and at 3X the cost of the MK3 (or VE Bus dongle) it's difficult for me to justify. If I hammer I could go for it but in these days of racing dollar prices I'm not in a hurry.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:49am On Sep 26, 2021
olopan:
As an option, the Cerbo GX has multiple connectivity options out of the box, serves just as well as the Venus GX and is powered by a higher capability CPU. There's also the Octo GX
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:53am On Sep 26, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
You might consider a Raspberry Pi and install the Victron Venus OS on it. That should give you all the functionality at a fraction of the cost.

With a Pi you also get ease of integration with your home automation.

Be ready to get hands on to get all to work seamlessly.
And here's the DIY option. Cheapest and most fun. Hardest to implement but way more flexible. Be the lord of your own setup. You would still need Victron USB cables (the DIY cables are often unreliable).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2021
Kjlionz:

Yeah, it's a modified sine wave inverter, and I haven't even used it for up to 30mins since I bought it few days ago�
So isn't there a way out?�

Pix please. I noticed some suoer msw are more like square waves, while others are more stepped to closely resemble a PSW.

Older suoer models mare not be so friendly with non resistive loads.

Btw, i got a MSW inverter with batter voltage, load, act output voltage display. So far it's being awesome.... And as usual, the efficiency is sweet.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2021
olopan:
Incorporate a change over & use only when there is black out, using while charging to me is not advisable as they get very hot when charging and ensure to leave it on for Ultima temperatures for the components.

Very correct... If the electrical load is less is not much, a 3gand relay can be wired with a 12v adapter to mimick an ATS. Thats what i do. And it worked well till my itchy fingers drove me to burn the the adapter... So I just manually flick the pin to nepa or inverter, pending when i replace the adapter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2021
ceaser:

Someone (@ Odimbannandi, I think) posted this for 10k few comments back. Here's the link so you can contact him.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1055#106041733

You can also order it on a place like AliExpress if you don't mind the 3 weeks waiting time for delivery. It costs like 6k to 10k depending on the size of shunt you want with it.

I ordered for exactly the same type but the seller packed it poorly and by the time it arrived, the screen was already broken and it is unusable. Only the shunt may be useful at a later date.

Hope you got a refund.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 10:47am On Sep 26, 2021
Trippledots:

Pix please. I noticed some suoer msw are more like square waves, while others are more stepped to closely resemble a PSW.

Older suoer models mare not be so friendly with non resistive loads.

Btw, i got a MSW inverter with batter voltage, load, act output voltage display. So far it's being awesome.... And as usual, the efficiency is sweet.

Do share name and pictures for prospective users....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Passion8(m): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2021
Greetings to everyone.
This is my first Post on this thread. Please kindly pardon me if I ask a question that has already been attended to.
Is it possible for me to install this solar system by myself since I am a professional electrical installer?
And how much is the cost of the the complete set with maximum output of 1.8Kva?.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
kiekie1:
Discounted product prices! Seek no further!!!

Growatt :

Growatt 3kva 48v inverter ... 295,000
Growatt SPF 5000es 48v "can be paralleled" .. 470,000
Growatt 6kva 48v .... 635,000
Growatt 8kva 48v .... 870,000
Growatt 10kva 48v ... 1,090,000
Growatt 12kva 48v ... 1,140,000

Phocos 5000w 48v pure sinewave inverter "can function without batteries" ... 550,000

Vmax 1500w 12v pure sinewave inverter "with 30a inbuilt pwm solar controller" ... 100,000

Growatt hope 3.3kwh 48v lithium battery .. 685,000
Pylontech Us 3000c lithium battery ... 880,000
Pylontech Us 2000c .... 635,000
Shoto 4.8kwh lithium battery "48v 100a" ... 860,000

Contact,

bros,
you may want to revisit your advert (especially the flyers). i see lithium-ion and lifepo4 lumped together
referring to same product.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
GeorgeD1:

bros,
you may want to revisit your advert (especially the flyers). i see lithium-ion and lifepo4 lumped together
referring to same product.

Okay thanks for the clarification, pls which of the product price Sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
Passion8:
Greetings to everyone.
This is my first Post on this thread. Please kindly pardon me if I ask a question that has already been attended to.
Is it possible for me to install this solar system by myself since I am a professional electrical installer?
And how much is the cost of the the complete set with maximum output of 1.8Kva?.

passion8,
welcome on board and glad you finally made the decision to take the plunge into renewables.
i assure you, its a life changing step you're about to take for which you will be forever grateful.
yes, absolutely. you can install your solar system by yourself and this is what the thread is all
about. almost everyone here is a do-it-yourself solar enthusiast apart from a few marketers just
here to make a few bucks who don't contribute anything to trending topics.
as for the cost of a complete setup, that would depend on what load you want to power. you
can forget about the estimated 1.8kva output and just list what loads you want to run based on
their wattage and other good members in the house will weigh in and offer suggestions how
you can go about it.

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
kiekie1:

Okay thanks for the clarification, pls which of the product price Sir

the growatt advert. it has lithium-ion and underneath its also saying lifepo4. the two
battery chemistries are slightly different. both cannot be in the same battery.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Passion8:
Greetings to everyone.

I did mine myself (first time playing with electricity).

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
GeorgeD1:

the growatt advert. it has lithium-ion and underneath its also saying lifepo4. the two
battery chemistries are slightly different. both cannot be in the same battery.

Okay sorry for that Sir. Guess thats system error from my affiliate company website which i used showing prospects can get them through me at rebate prices .. Product datasheet is always available on request as usual !
Nevertheless, I'll notify company to edit ! See snapshot below

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
Trippledots:

Hope you got a refund.

AliExpress ruled against me. It was a painful experience. I provided pictures and all, but I guess what they needed was a video of me opening the package. How was I to know that the item inside was already broken and therefore make a video of me opening it in order to prove it arrived broken?

I just took it as my loss.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
Passion8:
Greetings to everyone.

It is possible. Did most of mine myself. Got a very good electrician to help with the heavy lifting and physically tasking parts like climbing roofs grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
In the business of inverter, you get what you pay for. Just checked out my Suoer modified Sinewave Inverter and a random transformerless pure Sinewave inverter. The portable oscilloscope just showed me what I already know. Lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
1. Has anyone here ever used 150w all in one solar street light with 4G camera?

2. Does it come with it own panel?

3. Can it brightness be sustained from 7pm to 6am?

4. How does it perform on raining season?

5. How good is the inbuilt Camera?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: danchuzzy(m), abuzz33, jonescosmos, samnaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.