Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2069802 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:43am On Sep 29, 2021
kiekie1:
DISCOUNTED PRICE! HURRY!!!

MONBAT 12v 200a battery
Capacity: 200ah
Weight: 61kg

Brand new EU durable monbat batteries
Unit Price: 170,000
4 units upwards price: 167,000

ONE year standard warranty!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Available...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2021
Available now
Msquare 410w solar panel (Australia)
Price - 74k

Call/chat - 08117398294 to order now.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2021
Quit staring & order yours now!!

Reach me now for durable 24v pure sinewave system below...
Last prices :

Schneider 1.5kva ........ 78k
Signal / index 2kva ...... 95k
Signal 2.5kva ... 120k

Smartcell_Nuggets: One of the most exciting opportunities created by renewable energy technologies like solar is the ability to help the world's poorest develop faster - but more sustainably too. - Ed Davey

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
mctfopt:

Read the reviews, and note the stated power is the peak power and the running power is like half. So a 1600w has like 700w running power. I doubt any of these inverter is ok to run a fridge for long. The starting surge may damage it. Also remember the inverter has no internal battery charger.

The type you buy depends on what you plan to power, and yes our frequency is 50Hz @ 220/230v.

Thanks for the pointer, boss. You are so kind. I have gone through the reviews and i think it is only suitable as a backup inverter, and not a main one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnasI: 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
Only solar panels are advertised everywhere, but it is important to remember that there is no country where the sun shines 365 days a year, so we should think about alternatives. I bought the Deep Cycle Hybrid GEL Battery so that I always have the opportunity to get power.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Mercury product updated price!

1.6 kva inverter ... 95,000

2.4 kva inverter ... 70,000

3.5 kva inverter .. 280,000

5 kva inverter ... 550,000

2 kva hybrid spiritplus inverter ... 230,000

10 kva online ups 3 phase 192 / 216 / 240 vdc .... 800,000

10 kva online ups 3 phase 384 vdc ... 1,900,000

30 kva online ups 3 phase 384 vdc ... 3,700,000

Mercury 220ahs Tubular Battery ... 128,000

Mercury 100ahs deep cycle battery ... 75,000

Cosmos 200ahs GEL Battery ... 125,000

Applicable One year standard warranty!

Contact,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
JohnasI:
Only solar panels are advertised everywhere, but it is important to remember that there is no country where the sun shines 365 days a year, so we should think about alternatives. I bought the Deep Cycle Hybrid GEL Battery so that I always have the opportunity to get power.

Congratulations cool

How much did you get this plus shipping?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
mctfopt:

Congratulations cool

How much did you get this plus shipping?
An SEO marketing bot/link builder

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
gadgetplanetng:

An SEO marketing bot/link builder

Oho! Checked the chat history embarassed

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by loks99(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
alstacs:
@NiyiOmoIyunade actually gave an extensive report that seemed to ahve helped me.
I did interact with the engineer attacked the supplier of my inverter and the I was visited by Multipower Engineer.
Both of them agreed with the post of NiyiOmoIyunade here and the conclusion was that I should ignore the 3 bars and should not be scared of the low the voltage I see since the battery carries the the expected load for the duration expected.
I've been enjoying my set up since then and my oga @Durodee self knows say him don de rest from my panic calls and messages grin since I got all these explanations.
However, the Multipower office still reminded me my batteries are under warrantee and they are ready to collect and replace them within that 1 and half year period if they perform suboptimally.

Thank you very much for your explanations on WhatsApp. I very much appreciate it. I am now at peace with my set up. My battery works very great and my inverter too wink

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
ojeysky:

Try to get the BMV screen as close to your pi as possible since it has a very long cable, I hope that works

Thanks for the advice, sadly it's not possible, I'm reading up on using the ESP8266 for serial to wifi and it looks feasible so I will use a DIY cable connected to an ESP8266 chip to send the data to the Pi.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alstacs(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
loks99:

Thank you very much for your explanations on WhatsApp. I very much appreciate it. I am now at peace with my set up. My battery works very great and my inverter too wink
I was almost losing my mind initially as well till I was calmed by responses here.
Just 2 days ago, it rained all the day and the sun disappeared from about 3pm and NEPA too took of their supply. My 3 bars of battery run from that time till day break and still remained 3 bars by 6am when the mppt took over. I started with a voltage of about 50.2 and ended up with 48.9 in the morning, sill on 3 bars.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hi guys,

Some Canada made and used 220w panels available for a steal price of #40k / unit price.

Limited quantity left.

Bulk purchase carries some discount however...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for the pointer, boss. You are so kind. I have gone through the reviews and i think it is only suitable as a backup inverter, and not a main one.

Why?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:39am On Oct 01, 2021
You choose an early streamer (Indelec) chiefly based on the land area/size of facility you want to protect.

The Indelec Prevectron TS2.25 is good for most residential applications and should give you good coverage over a 20meter radius from install point.

The lightning hit counter comes as a separate purchase.

olopan:
Good day Guys,

ALSO what is the best Indelec lighting protection at the moment, with a counter too I presume?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 7:15am On Oct 01, 2021
I don't think there's anything wrong with that inverter.
Bought 4 units of 2000W /24V of a similar model for sale to small fund consumers and decided to test for one of the buyers. It powered my house for 3 days and my conventional freezer was also put to test for some hours and no issue. I did not load it upto 400W continuously anyway but it did very well.
The fan comes on when the inverter is hot/ or loaded to some extent and goes off when it has achieved its aim.
Just told the buyer to put it off when it's not in use and has been serving him for 2 months now.

odimbannamdi:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2021
Are you currently using your Pi with a screen/display? You should get comfortable using the Pi headless (just power cable connected) and that way you can have it close to your CC and BMV while you connect to it remotely (ssh connection through Putty on Windows) and configure away.

You really want to keep the BoM as simple as possible and focus on using what you have on hand vs. acquiring additional gadgets and points of complexity and failure.

For example, I just setup an interfacer for my JBD BMS to talk to my Pi over bluetooth for cell level data. I had the option of purchasing a serial to USB cable or RS485 dongle or even ESP01 serial to wifi but I broke out the Python toolkit to leverage the existing bluetooth built into the BMS - now I can monitor from both phone app and python script running on the Pi - later this week I will integrate Grafana to dashboard the raw output from the BMS.

netotse:

Thanks for the advice, sadly it's not possible, I'm reading up on using the ESP8266 for serial to wifi and it looks feasible so I will use a DIY cable connected to an ESP8266 chip to send the data to the Pi.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 10:13am On Oct 01, 2021
Trippledots:
Hi guys,

Some Canada made and used 220w panels available for a steal price of #40k / unit price.

Limited quantity left.

Bulk purchase carries some discount however...

No contact details.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:42am On Oct 01, 2021
Thanks for the insight on the residential but it is more of a factory setup with roughly up to 100mx100m space

Any idea of a good seller you can recommend? That also sell the counter
NiyiOmoIyunade:
You choose an early streamer (Indelec) chiefly based on the land area/size of facility you want to protect.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
odimbannamdi:
DC meter to provide 360-view of the vitals of your inverter system.

It comes with 200A shunt and monitors the following:

- Voltage
- Current
- Power
- Impedance
- Internal resistance
- Capacity
- SOC
- Energy
- Runtime

Price is 10k firm.

09...0-83-74--8:635

Still available

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
odimbannamdi:
60A Powmr CC available for sale.

Price: 50,000 firm

Still available

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:59am On Oct 02, 2021
Please reach out through the usual back channels.

olopan:
Thanks for the insight on the residential but it is more of a factory setup with roughly up to 100mx100m space

Any idea of a good seller you can recommend? That also sell the counter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2021
Does this have any data communications ability please?

Can it speak serial/RS232/RS485/CAN?

odimbannamdi:
DC meter to provide 360-view of the vitals of your inverter system.

It comes with 200A shunt and monitors the following:

- Voltage
- Current
- Power
- Impedance
- Internal resistance
- Capacity
- SOC
- Energy
- Runtime

Price is 10k firm.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:28am On Oct 02, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Does this have any data communications ability please?

Can it speak serial/RS232/RS485/CAN?

Sorry Oga nìyí. It's far from having that capability. It's quite good as an MPPT though even for such cheap price. Quite an inexpensive true and effective device.

But no serial communication capability. Even the greater rival "MakeSkyBlue" which has some Bluetooth WiFi communication capability does not talk serial. The wireless function is only limited to monitoring on your phone using a pre-installed app.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2021
ceaser:

Sorry Oga nìyí. It's far from having that capability. It's quite good as an MPPT though even for such cheap price. Quite an inexpensive true and effective device.

But no serial communication capability. Even the greater rival "MakeSkyBlue" which has some Bluetooth WiFi communication capability does not talk serial. The wireless function is only limited to monitoring on your phone using a pre-installed app.

He is referring to the DC meter..... It didn't have such options @NiyiOmoIyunade
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 11:57am On Oct 02, 2021
ojeysky:

He is referring to the DC meter..... It didn't have such options @NiyiOmoIyunade

You have stopped uploading to PVOutput.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
adrusa:

You have stopped uploading to PVOutput.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I didn't even notice. Will check what could be wrong with my setup
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ObabyObaby: 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2021
Good day my oga's,pls the wires below which one is positive and negative.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
ObabyObaby:
Good day my oga's,pls the wires below which one is positive and negative.
red is positive, u can use brown or white as negative
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2021
omotoda:

No contact details.

Check signature
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ObabyObaby: 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2021
Valto:
red is positive, u can use brown or white as negative
Thanks Mr valto, I have seen it,the black wire was inside I didn't notice it,I have already connected it.thanks once again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2021
I got the 2000watts Suoer inverter with inbuilt 20Ah charger just last week. I am using it with 75Ah battery capacity and i have been having a very good result, more than 7hrs of use with one ceiling fan and two lead bulbs. The charger stops charging automatically when the battery is full

I am planning to leave the charger permanently plug to the main to ensure the the battery remains always fully charged and at the same time i want to avoid chrging while the inverter is on and carrying load. To the gurus in the house plese i need your advice on how to go about this. I already put up a chageover though not automatic. Please i want to understand all the necessary measures i need to put in place to ensure i did not damage anything. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.