Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1060) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2066150 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a ..... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver ..

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kjlionz: 9:38am On Sep 27, 2021
OCTAVO:

Not advisable, it will burn the inbuilt charger quickly. As a matter of fact, the inbuilt charger does not last.
It's even better to buy the one that doesn't have inbuilt charger, and buy charger separately, that was what I did.

Please what kind of charger should I buy, my inbuilt charger has stopped charging my battery, it's now showing a stable red light instead of the usual blinking green light.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:38am On Sep 27, 2021
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We still set the pace the lead in distilled water production  with the quality of our distilled water..

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

With the commitment we have to excellence in water distillation we have been able to keep existing clients, along bringside bringing new clients on board.

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your maintenance delivery.

Our results continually speaks for us.
Resistance 0.0 (Inference- No mineral Content)
Capacitance 1.3 (Inference-Negligible Chemical composition)

Distilled water sold at #6000 (1L×12 pack)

Distilled water sold at #7000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Electrolyte at #8000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres.

Contact,
CALL LINE:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kjlionz: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2021
Good morning My seniors, please I have the following issue
*My 2000w suoer inverter's inbuilt charger stopped charging my battery, what should I do?
*If I need a replacement, what external charger would you recommend? I'm using one 12v 200Ah battery.
*Also, the inverter does not have a digital display, how do I acertain the battery percentage and all?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:12am On Sep 27, 2021
OkoroPeugeot:

What's the performance of the Pure Sine model like?

Is the 4000w tag real? Can the surge carry 1hp Sumo pump?

I have one that looks like that in my cart on AE but fear de do me to buy

Not 4000w.

If you look closely at the inverter you'll see where they stated that the peak power is 1000w and actual power is 500w. But I plan to only power devices less than 200w with it and non of them will involve appliances with 2x to 5x starting power.

This is is my mobile inverter for use on the move.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 10:24am On Sep 27, 2021
Kjlionz:
Good morning My seniors, please I have the following issue
*My suoer inverter's inbuilt charger stopped charging my battery, what should I do?
*If I need a replacement, what external charger would you recommend?
*Also, the inverter does not have a digital display, how do I acertain the battery percentage and all?

This charger displays Temperature, Volts and charging amps grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6736521/foxsur-lifepo4-compatible-12-24v

What's your battery bank size?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
You may be overcomplicating your needs.

Since you already have a BMV in your system you are able to see power in and out of battery, SoC e.t.c - these parameters are sufficient for basic monitoring and you can easily connect your BMV to an existing Raspberry Pi to put the metrics online (EmonCMS e.t.c)

Are there any specific parameters you wish to see on the Multiplus that will make you need something more elaborate?

netotse:

I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, I already have home assistant running on a PI, the issue I have is how to get into the Multiplus. Had to run HAOS because it's a Pi3 I have and a supervised install kept freezing. I have another Pi I want to use as a media server so I would be loathe to convert it to an EMS just because of Victron.

can you share a link? my issue is the range of cables, it seems
1. For the CC I need a normal cable, (seen somewhere I can use a cable and ESP chip to hack serial to wifi)
2. For the BMV 712 I would need another cable as well,
3. For the multiplus it seems I need to choose between a different type of cable from 1 and 2 and another type of Bluetooth dongle,

mennnn victron will find it difficult to scale at this rate, they seem to enjoy making things complicated

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
zeestone99:
Premium panels only.

Canadian solar 310w - 63k ( few units left)

Call/chat - 08117398294 to order

Sold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
ojeysky:
BMV 712 with temp sensor still available for sale 115k

2 units still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
mctfopt:
In the business of inverter, you get what you pay for. Just checked out my Suoer modified Sinewave Inverter and a random transformerless pure Sinewave inverter. The portable oscilloscope just showed me what I already know. Lol grin

This is cool. Nice one boss. Could you please provide the links to buy the oscilloscope and pure sinewave inverter you used in your experiment?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TOPAI7(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
Good evening house.

Please i will like to know if anyone is using Solar water pump?

I want to know the advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
kiekie1:
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a ..... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver ..

Contact,
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Who takes care of the waybill money? You or the sender?

And how much do you pay for 12v7ah, 12v12ah, 12v18ah, 12v65ah (car battery), 12v75ah (car battery)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
ceaser:

And how much do you pay for 12v7ah, 12v12ah, 12v18ah, 12v65ah (car battery), 12v75ah (car battery)?

Hello those little scrap batteries you mentioned don't cost at all ! kindly reach me via contact details below for detailed enquiry & transaction as usual

Contact,
WHATSAPP ONLY::: https:///2348170385620
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
ceaser:

Have you tried a pulse repair charger on them?
If they're not too far gone it greatly improves their performance

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
odimbannamdi:

This is cool. Nice one boss. Could you please provide the links to buy the oscilloscope and pure sinewave inverter you used in your experiment?

Here is the link for the portable oscilloscope and here is the link for the transformerless pure sinewave inverter.

Bought the oscilloscope in 2015 for $70 grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
mctfopt:

Here is the link for the portable oscilloscope and here is the link for the transformerless pure sinewave inverter.

Bought the oscilloscope in 2015 for $70 grin

Thanks for the link, boss.

Lol...if the price was 70usd in 2017 and it now sells for 73.30usd (less than 3.5usd increase. I want to assume that the 90.30usd pice they struck out is a marketing gimmick), then it means the price inflated by less than 5% in 4 years. E no bad at all.

Meanwhile, abeg which one should be pick in the highlighted option, and can the inverter carry stuffs like fridge?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
gadgetplanetng:

Have you tried a pulse repair charger on them?
If they're not too far gone it greatly improves their performance

I doubt if they can be rescucitated. I've had them piled up for quite sometime.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for the link, boss.

Lol...if the price was 70usd in 2017 and it now sells for 73.30usd (less than 3.5usd increase. I want to assume that the 90.30usd pice they struck out is a marketing gimmick), then it means the price inflated by less than 5% in 4 years. E no bad at all.

Meanwhile, abeg which one should be pick in the highlighted option, and can the inverter carry stuffs like fridge?

Read the reviews, and note the stated power is the peak power and the running power is like half. So a 1600w has like 700w running power. I doubt any of these inverter is ok to run a fridge for long. The starting surge may damage it. Also remember the inverter has no internal battery charger.

The type you buy depends on what you plan to power, and yes our frequency is 50Hz @ 220/230v.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:32am On Sep 28, 2021
Good day Guys,

Anyone with a DC SURGE PROTECTION DEVICE of 120V - 200VDC MAX.

ALSO what is the best Indelec lighting protection at the moment, with a counter too I presume?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2021
saint2ace:

Do share name and pictures for prospective users....

I noticed the battery voltage has is off by about 0.3v though. Other than that no major issues noticed.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 5:59am On Sep 28, 2021
ceaser:

AliExpress ruled against me. It was a painful experience. I provided pictures and all, but I guess what they needed was a video of me opening the package. How was I to know that the item inside was already broken and therefore make a video of me opening it in order to prove it arrived broken?

I just took it as my loss.
Chai... I always make sure i snap or video package opening whenever i pick up items. Just in case.

I have gotten refund everytime i made a case.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 6:10am On Sep 28, 2021
Kjlionz:

Please what kind of charger should I buy, my inbuilt charger has stopped charging my battery, it's now showing a stable red light instead of the usual blinking green light.

I use a souer 20amps analog. And so far no issues.
Mind you max amos I've measured externally it produced was 13amps
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 7:17am On Sep 28, 2021
Trippledots:

I noticed the battery voltage has is off by about 0.3v though. Other than that no major issues noticed.

Thanks for the share boss

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:38am On Sep 28, 2021
kiekie1:
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We still set the pace the lead in distilled water production  with the quality of our distilled water..

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

With the commitment we have to excellence in water distillation we have been able to keep existing clients, along bringside bringing new clients on board.

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your maintenance delivery.

Our results continually speaks for us.
Resistance 0.0 (Inference- No mineral Content)
Capacitance 1.3 (Inference-Negligible Chemical composition)

Distilled water sold at #6000 (1L×12 pack)

Distilled water sold at #7000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Electrolyte at #8000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres.

Contact,
CALL LINE:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Available..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:38am On Sep 28, 2021
DISCOUNTED PRICE! HURRY!!!

MONBAT 12v 200a battery
Capacity: 200ah
Weight: 61kg

Brand new EU durable monbat batteries
Unit Price: 170,000
4 units upwards price: 167,000

ONE year standard warranty!

Contact,
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
You may be overcomplicating your needs.

Since you already have a BMV in your system you are able to see power in and out of battery, SoC e.t.c - these parameters are sufficient for basic monitoring and you can easily connect your BMV to an existing Raspberry Pi to put the metrics online (EmonCMS e.t.c)

Are there any specific parameters you wish to see on the Multiplus that will make you need something more elaborate?

I actually want to see just the BMV and the CC, the cable for the multiplus is just so I can change the settings when I want, the idea of having something I don't have control over is doing me somehow.

wrt emoncms and the Pi, the distance between the Pi and the CC/BMV is too long to use USB cable and Bluetooth wont work*
are you aware of any other way to get the data into the Pi?

*From what I've gathered, the bluetooth API for Victron is closed so it cant be used for integration with emoncms/HA, it only works with the APP

olopan:
Looking at you, one kin as you just dey mention Pi3 .... That thing is 45k minimum now ... grin

Lol I got them in 2016 and 2018 o, before things went to the next level, I got one out of curiousity, the second came as an EmonCMS base station when I used it for energy monitoring. I've retired that and now run HAOS on that Pi, the second one is a media server.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Please i need an inverter of any of d specs.. 1.5, 2 or 2.5kva 24v pure sine wave. My battery is 24v 200ah. New or used.. money nor de on ground grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 12:11am On Sep 29, 2021
who can refer me to a starter guide for emoncms? The hardware required, integration with home assistant on raspberry pi etc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 2:00am On Sep 29, 2021
ojesymsym:
who can refer me to a starter guide for emoncms? The hardware required, integration with home assistant on raspberry pi etc

You can start here

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:13am On Sep 29, 2021
netotse:

I actually want to see just the BMV and the CC, the cable for the multiplus is just so I can change the settings when I want, the idea of having something I don't have control over is doing me somehow.

wrt emoncms and the Pi, the distance between the Pi and the CC/BMV is too long to use USB cable and Bluetooth wont work*
are you aware of any other way to get the data into the Pi?

*From what I've gathered, the bluetooth API for Victron is closed so it cant be used for integration with emoncms/HA, it only works with the APP

Lol I got them in 2016 and 2018 o, before things went to the next level, I got one out of curiousity, the second came as an EmonCMS base station when I used it for energy monitoring. I've retired that and now run HAOS on that Pi, the second one is a media server.

Try to get the BMV screen as close to your pi as possible since it has a very long cable, I hope that works
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 7:45am On Sep 29, 2021
Thanks will check it out.
netotse:

You can start here

(1) (2) (3) ... (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: QuoteJust1nce, Jordifoote, durodee(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.