Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2044221 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 11:29am On Nov 08, 2021
Good morning.

Still taking orders for Super Li-ion Battery units.

Call/WhatsApp +234 7038616199 for enqs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2021
Keemie:

My inverter is famicare 1000 watts, 300 Watts solar panels 100 ah battery. The loads on it 3 bulbs (3 Watts) rechargeable fan and my laptop.

100AH BATTERY @ 12V...YOU WOULD HAVE ABOUT 700WH OF USABLE ENERGY, WCH SHOULD LAST 6 TO 7 HRS on your present load. your panels i assume are 2 units of 150w hooked in parallel to a pwm charge controller. hope you get up to 600wh harvest daily from it, and upto 13amps/200watss maximum instantenous harvest?

yes lifepo4 is loosely called lithium battery as well.

is the famicare 1000w inverter transformer based/is it heavy to carry?....it may be part of your issue..as that model usually has high idle draw/consumption of about 20w, so for just being on the inverter consumes about 240wh out of your 700wh daily.
would advice you turn off the inverter, when its not in use.

however confirm the solar harvest data, i asked above...if you can.
based on the above scenario..your battery would be ccyling frequently...and being a substanrd model..may likely have about 300 cycles lifespan. a 200ah leadacid battery, or 150/100amps lifepo4 would serve you better...as lithium has higher cycle life count of above 3500

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
The batteries looking sleek in the rack, more power

ewizard1:
Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2021
Flex max Fangpusun
100A-24-48v-300v
80A-12-60v-150v
60A-12-60v-150v

Blue solar
70A-12-48v-150v
60A-12-48v-150v
45A-12-48v-150v*
50A-12-24v-100v
30A-12-24v-100v*
Model with inbuilt display
70A-12-48v-150v
60A-12-48v-150v
50A-12-24v-100v
30A-12-24v-100v
Available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
gadgetplanetng:
What is the Lokoja guy's contact

Ola Emmanuel is his name.
His User name on this thread is Olarevo.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
mcTrinity:

Good evening Mr. Obimind....

I think we can actually always try to share experiences with certain type(s) of RE item technology without completely painting one type black, especially a type that has proven and is still proving reliable.

This forum deals with facts and details. And as far as this your story goes, it's completely devoid of details.

A lot of newbies and guests come in to this forum to get enlightened and its bad if they always tend to meet misleading stories

I'll go straight to my observation in your story. I strongly believe that the problems you had with your LA batteries (as far back as 2013, 2014 etc) weren't because they were LA technology. I believe they were as a result of misuse; in fact, consistent misuse.
Details that you didn't tell us here are the size of your battery bank and the load that you use. You also didn't tell us how you cycle it and how appropriately you were charging them.

We all know that LA has a big fault when it comes to maximum current you can pull from it at any time, and recommended DoD.

Imagine drawing 30ADC from a 20hr 200AH LA battery bank. Even the likes of Varta or US Trojan or Quanta would die within months.
Draw same 30A from a 200AH Li battery bank, and the battery would be smiling, and the voltage won't even dip. Drawing 30A from a 200Ah Li battery bank is even a "misuse"

I deal on both LA and Li and I always explain the Pros and Cons of each to new clients and allow them make their choice.

Folks are still using same LA, going to more than 5years and yet to change their batteries.

LA technology does not forgive abuse and misuse of any kind. Folks that understands it and are willing to abide by its "regulations" are still venturing into it happily. So, if you had consistently misused yours, don't come and dump unfounded conclusions here without facts and details of what actually happened, especially detail of your load, charging, and usage.

Just 2 months into Li technology and you're already concluding. I'll strongly advise you to study that guy very well and use it properly, otherwise you'll come back tomorrow to blame Lithium and now testify about NiCad technology...
Remember that those years, LA battery was amazing to you too until something started going wrong.

This is not for debate, as plenty have already been done, but to prevent new guys that are still trying to find their way around RE world from being mislead by your post.

Cheers

lolz. i couldn't have said it better. after our last extensive debate here on this lead-acid vs lithium thingy,
i just smile, read and waka pass whenever i stumble upon any post glorifying lithium above other battery chemistries.
the question i ask myself is, "how long will it take these peeps to realize that you don't change a winning team?"
we all watch the epl, and we see how winning teams are celebrated. there's no season i've seen where a ucl or premier
league winning coach was sacked for winning or where the highest goal scorer for the previous year was asked to go
just because the club owner found a new, sharp looking, sleek untested player!
so, what's the point here? for those of us who have used lead acid over the years and seen the benefits its a hard sell
telling us to dump our tested and trusted banks for a new bride still going through puberty.
my last zenith batteries served me for over 8yrs and when i eventually changed them out my friend who bought them
called to thank me for their good second hand value. if they had been scrap i doubt he would be thanking me for
selling junk to him.
lithium has its advantages and so does lead acid. we should all just learn to accept that fact while we continue our
collective journey to energy freedom.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2021
GeorgeD1:

lolz. i couldn't have said it better. after our last extensive debate here on this lead-acid vs lithium thingy,
i just smile, read and waka pass whenever i stumble upon any post glorifying lithium above other battery chemistries.
<snip>.
lithium has its advantages and so does lead acid
. we should all just learn to accept that fact while we continue our
collective journey to energy freedom.

The smile was mutual as I read through your post, especially when you term sharing lithium experience as glorification above other chemistries when people were very specific about LA. How a good LA will have any advantage over a good littium remains what I am yet to hear. Today my peak discharge was over 120A and charge over 100A on a 510AH battery bank, can you even do that with LA of same capacity without the voltage sagging below lvd.

However everyone to his own poison/food.

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Everyone will ultimately go with what battery they believe works for them.

Oga GeorgeD1 was an early mover - his Zenith batteries and current super huge 2v bank were all purchased as good deals and at relatively low exchange rates - his LA size and discharge rates are well calibrated to his needs and hence he will see good longevity.

Lead acid is still relatively simple and quite a lot of hands understand it.

The price gap between Lithium and LA has closed rapidly and it has so many advantages and also deltas as well - no one is talking about the stripped thread issues due to super weak terminals, voltage drift despite top balancing, BMS limitations and other challenges to overcome with Lithium batteries.

Do I think Lithium is the superior tech. Most definitely. Do I think lead acid will die in a few years? Perhaps yes and perhaps not - what I know is that customers continue to insist on and pay for lead acid and we as installers need to make the tech work and meet/exceed the promised service life.

Even in the Lithium space, we have fought endless wars on LifeP04 vs Li-ion, Premium LFP like Weco and BYD and Pylontech vs DIY prismatic cells like Eve and Lishen - every decision comes with tradeoffs and every decision maker will need to find his own feasible region on the battery curve.

ojeysky:

The smile was mutual as I read through your post, especially when you term sharing lithium experience as glorification above other chemistries when people were very specific about LA. How a good LA will have any advantage over a good littium remains what I am yet to hear. Today my peak discharge was over 120A and charge over 100A on a 510AH battery bank, can you even do that with LA of same capacity without the voltage sagging below lvd.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
We already talked about those monster 2v LA in previous posts and why they still can't be termed superior over a good lithium cell of equivalent capacity; price wise, weight, setup complexity and performance.

The idea that a battery bank needs to be huge and occupy significant space before it can be value for money, is probably the first hurdle that most LA enthusiasts needs to overcome.

Is lithium absolutely flawless? Certainly not! but does it trump LA at every important factor? absolutely, unless we don't want to speak to reality.

However this is my opinion and they are from my experience of both chemistries and they ain't in anyway misleading. There is no motivation for that. cool

NiyiOmoIyunade:
Everyone will ultimately go with what battery they believe works for them.

Oga GeorgeD1 was an early mover - his Zenith batteries and current super huge 2v bank were all purchased as good deals and at relatively low exchange rates - his LA size and discharge rates are well calibrated to his needs and hence he will see good longevity.

Lead acid is still relatively simple and quite a lot of hands understand it.

The price gap between Lithium and LA has closed rapidly and it has so many advantages and also deltas as well - no one is talking about the stripped thread issues due to super weak terminals, voltage drift despite top balancing, BMS limitations and other challenges to overcome with Lithium batteries.

Do I think Lithium is the superior tech. Most definitely. Do I think lead acid will die in a few years? Perhaps yes and perhaps not - what I know is that customers continue to insist on and pay for lead acid and we as installers need to make the tech work and meet/exceed the promised service life.

Even in the Lithium space, we have fought endless wars on LifeP04 vs Li-ion, Premium LFP like Weco and BYD and Pylontech vs DIY prismatic cells like Eve and Lishen - every decision comes with tradeoffs and every decision maker will need to find his own feasible region on the battery curve.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generalstingz(m): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
generalstingz:
Still available

16 units of 100AH 3.2V Great Power LFP cells

@ 27,000 per cell

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CoolKizzy(m): 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2021
CoolKizzy:
Good morning house, please how do I get this battery to work with my rechargeable fan? What do I need to do? I connected it to the fan but it doesn't charge.

Someone should guide me pls. �
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
CoolKizzy:

Someone should guide me pls. �

Are you sure the charging circuit of your fan is still ok?. Use a digital meter to confirm thîs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
If u are a LA user and never tasted lithium,rest.

If u are a lithium user and never tasted LA,rest too.

If u have used both talk.

I have used both and I know d difference. It is as clear as 7up.

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
dollarnaira:

My brother na so! Even the DIY Lithium battery that I assembled with DIY BMS is serving my friend well

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CoolKizzy(m): 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
earthrealm:

Are you sure the charging circuit of your fan is still ok?. Use a digital meter to confirm thîs
Thanks for your response. I think the charging circuit is okay, I bought a battery bigger that the one the fan came with, it has refused charging the bigger battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
CoolKizzy:

Thanks for your response. I think the charging circuit is okay, I bought a battery bigger that the one the fan came with, it has refused charging the bigger battery

Then get an external battery charger. The fan can't handle the charge cycle for the battery capacity....

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CoolKizzy(m): 1:48am On Nov 09, 2021
saint2ace:

Then get an external battery charger. The fan can't handle the charge cycle for the battery capacity....

Thanks. Pls where can I get it and how much?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:54am On Nov 09, 2021
CoolKizzy:

What was the size of the original battery, and whats the size if the replacement. Give me voltage and AH
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:35am On Nov 09, 2021
numericalguy:
Good evening inverter gurus in the house,

I have a string of 12 pieces of 2v/600ah Shoto batteries. One has gone bad and I am hoping to buy just one single unit as replacement.

I came across someone that says he is willing to sell a single 2v/600 Narada battery. My question is that can I mix the two brands of batteries

I think both Shoto and Narada are Lead Acid AGM

cc;
earthrealm
olopan

B4 the advent of load testers, another local way of testing batteries is by getting a braided 6mm to 25mm cable..separate 3 or 4 strands at one end.
Fiirmly place one end of the cable to one teeminal of the battery and use the 4 stands to temporarily rub against the other terminal, a big spark + sound shows a decent battery.

Note. This procedure is best performed and gives more accurate results when the battery is fully charged
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2021
Beautiful installation.
Just replace that knife switch(MTS) with an adequately sized ATS and see perfect beauty grin.

ewizard1:
Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:28am On Nov 09, 2021
CoolKizzy:

Thanks. Pls where can I get it and how much?

Try jumia, check screenshot attached....

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2021
ojeysky:

bro, as long as everyone is smiling, i guess that's all that matters. and, niyi already nailed it with his reply as usual.
i started this journey into energy freedom over 10yrs ago because i was tired of all the hassles associated with running
fuel guzzling generators. the oil changes, servicing, maintenance...the works. switching over to renewables shouldn't
take me back to that old forgotten era where i have to worry about whether my battery bank is top balanced or
bottom balanced. whether i have the right bms or whether my bank will suffer an unexplained voltage run-away...
i just want a system that just plain works and if i can get it with my lead-acid bank, what is there not to like?
lithium will eventually mature, i wager probably in another couple of years and by then most of these teething issues
would have been taken care of. who knows? instead of lifepo4 we all would be stocking up on lithium titanate or some
other higher version of lithium battery technology. like they always say, the best is yet to come.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 11:31am On Nov 09, 2021
dollarnaira:

That's the power behind Lithium ion.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2021
Instant power drawn from second life 600AH lithium ion battery bank.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xmen149(m): 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2021
URGENT!!!
Dealers in the house

If you have victron AGM 230AH battery in stock quote me with your contact.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
obimind:
Instant power drawn from second life 600AH lithium ion battery bank.

CHOOI, TRY THIS SH,IT ON A LEADACID BANK....AND ITS DEAD WITHIN 6MONTHS...THIS HIGH DRAW WILL BURN OUT THE TERMINALS INTERNALLY

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Keemie(f): 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
earthrealm:

100AH BATTERY @ 12V...YOU WOULD HAVE ABOUT 700WH OF USABLE ENERGY, WCH SHOULD LAST 6 TO 7 HRS on your present load. your panels i assume are 2 units of 150w hooked in parallel to a pwm charge controller. hope you get up to 600wh harvest daily from it, and upto 13amps/200watss maximum instantenous harvest?

yes lifepo4 is loosely called lithium battery as well.

is the famicare 1000w inverter transformer based/is it heavy to carry?....it may be part of your issue..as that model usually has high idle draw/consumption of about 20w, so for just being on the inverter consumes about 240wh out of your 700wh daily.
would advice you turn off the inverter, when its not in use.

however confirm the solar harvest data, i asked above...if you can.
based on the above scenario..your battery would be ccyling frequently...and being a substanrd model..may likely have about 300 cycles lifespan. a 200ah leadacid battery, or 150/100amps lifepo4 would serve you better...as lithium has higher cycle life count of above 3500

The inverter is light not heavy. I have 3 panels 100 Watts making 300 Watts. I don't know how to calculate the solar harvest data. Can you put me through.

The guy that installed it suggested that I should get a luminous 150ah tubular battery. He said he no longer recommends AGM battery and he said he has never used lipo4 when I mentioned it to him.

What do you think about the Luminous Tubular battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
obimind:

That's the power behind Lithium ion.
I thought lithium ion cycle life is about 500 to 1500 cycles?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Keemie:

The inverter is light not heavy. I have 3 panels 100 Watts making 300 Watts. I don't know how to calculate the solar harvest data. Can you put me through.

The guy that installed it suggested that I should get a luminous 150ah tubular battery. He said he no longer recommends AGM battery and he said he has never used lipo4 when I mentioned it to him.

What do you think about the Luminous Tubular battery.

Tubular is ok..just needs topping up with distilled water every 3 to 6months..releases hydrogen sometimes..thus beta for outside or well ventilated area installation..
.hope ur inverter has equalization settings or editable charge voltage settings...

What type of charge controller do you have?.
Am guessing the cheap pwm 8k to 12k type.
When its sunny, take a picture of the screen of your charge controller...that will hopefully tell us your harvest.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
adrusa:

Anyone? Does anyone have this battery for sale?
the site isn't opening

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ebrymDIY, futurenix(m), dellabella(m), Bwyite and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.