Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,046 members, 7,814,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2054259 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) ... (1688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Opistorincos(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good afternoon house. I am in need of a decent setup for a freelancer. Budget is 200k. Kindly help with a list of things to get and prices.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Daboomb:

Obimind, this is wonderful.

How many LiPo4 batteries do you have? (1 Pack, 2Packs, 3Packs, etc)
IF One, or more, what is the Power of each Pack/one? (6KW, 8KW, 10KW, 20KW, etc)
How many AmpHour are they or is it? (200Ah, 300Ah, 400Ah, 600Ah, 900Ah, etc)
What Voltage configuration is each battery (24V, 48V, etc)

I am trying to understand the values in your snap, maybe it can help me too.
Weldone.
This snapshot is from a lithium ion battery pack of my battery builder (Ola Emmanuel).
He has three battery banks put together.
First pack is 220AH
Second pack is 240AH
Third pack is 260 AH.
His batteries are in 14S configuration.
His night usage alone is between 24kw & 25kw on a daily basis.
Below is his latest battery history.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Opistorincos:
Good afternoon house. I am in need of a decent setup for a freelancer. Budget is 200k. Kindly help with a list of things to get and prices.

Ceepro pure sine wave Inverter - 35k
30k from penuelseun: https://www.nairaland.com/2428983/how-create-locally-made-inverter/307#107072326
2 250w Panels from justcallmenuel - 70,000
https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1076#107531499
LiFePo4 110AH pack from ameh99: 78,000
https://www.nairaland.com/6840821/home-made-solar-generators-packs#107445837
Charge controller : 9,000
https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1048#105418035
DC Wire: 10k - more or less.

Fuses, Breakers, etc.

Size up or down as you need but for a laptop, fan, charging and lights (freelancer) this would be more than enough.

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Kindly provide pictures of your spec sheet

if a comparison is done between this and your Charge controller, it will need 18V - Vmp from your panels to drive itself or charge battery, - "potential difference"

Having 12V from your battery may not provide much power as expected while feeding it from panels directly will give you the needed results

A 450W - 600W I.e. 150W x 4 pcs will give you needed power at early morning, late evening and cloudy days, than when just using 150W x 2

Polaris1:
. Its 12v 180w.

Specs sheet said it can be run directly from solar panels without a controller and battery, although I might just add them to be safe.
I will appreciate all comments from users and dealers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Polaris1: 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
olopan:
Kindly provide pictures of your spec sheet

if a comparison is done between this and your Charge controller, it will need 18V - Vmp from your panels to drive itself or charge battery, - "potential difference"

Having 12V from your battery may not provide much power as expected while feeding it from panels directly will give you the needed results

A 450W - 600W I.e. 150W x 4 pcs will give you needed power at early morning, late evening and cloudy days, than when just using 150W x 2

Thank you.
I haven't bought the pump, only seeking experiences and advise.
I intend using 12v 200w x 2.
I don't need early or late evening functions because I have a big water storage tank for use during non optimal hours.

Will such pump run for 6 continuous hours 5days a week?
Does the fluctuating voltage that solar panels provide affects it's efficiency?
Thanks again.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Running it continuously for six hours is not advised, two-three hours at a go is Okay, especially for longevity and to do its worth or performance

With more power from the solar panel, the fluctuation of voltage will not matter, as your load is covered
Polaris1:

Will such pump run for 6 continuous hours 5days a week?
Does the fluctuating voltage that solar panels provide affects it's efficiency?
Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
obimind:
Instant power drawn from second life 600AH lithium ion battery bank.

That's some power draw! Me likey!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2021
Oga, this is a 1.4kW Pump and not 2.5HP Pump.

The 2.5-2 is just a model number.

justcallmenuel:
2.5HP Grundfos solar pump available, #550,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xmen149(m): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2021
Due to irreconcilable differences between the owner and I, I have decided its best to take this advert down till further notice.

Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Daboomb: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
obimind:

This snapshot is from a lithium ion battery pack of my battery builder (Ola Emmanuel).
He has three battery banks put together.
First pack is 220AH
Second pack is 240AH
Third pack is 260 AH.
His batteries are in 14S configuration.
His night usage alone is between 24kw & 25kw on a daily basis.
Below is his latest battery history.

Ooh, I see.
I was hoping you will share the Screenshot of your own, that you talked about in your previous post.
Let us see what you are pulling so we can appreciate these LiPo4 Batteries properly.

Kindly share your own and let us see.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Daboomb: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
obimind:
Instant power drawn from second life 600AH lithium ion battery bank.

Oga Obi, what is "second life" or do you mean to say "Second-hand" lithium iron battery?
I have never heard of that term before.
Where and when did it use its "first Life"?
Or do you mean "Grade B" battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
Daboomb:

Oga Obi, what is "second life" or do you mean to say "Second-hand" lithium iron battery?
I have never heard of that term before.
Where and when did it use its "first Life"?
Or do you mean "Grade B" battery?
That's the term for it.

It used its first life in a previous product before it was extracted and used for a Solar energy application.

Like the "Second Phase of Life"
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
I build good Lithium ion Batteries from 24v up.

- Safely built with BMS/Balancer.
- Overcharge and Overdischarge cut offs exclusive of the inverter setting.

Also, locally assembled rugged High power inverters available.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generalstingz(m): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
generalstingz:
Still available

16 units of 100AH 3.2V Great Power LFP cells

@ 27,000 per cell
Still Available for pickup
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
Opistorincos:
chat me up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hiidee(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2021
samnaija:

I just installed my own after losing two inverters the same day, the same time on the same lightning strike. My place is a storey building cost between 90 to 100k. But yours a bungalow the distance is shorter should be far less. Budget about 60 to 70k. For materials, what makes it costly is the copper tape. Hope this helps.

Pls, can I have contact of your installer

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Opistorincos(m): 9:54am On Nov 14, 2021
Opistorincos:

Happy Sunday. I'm looking forward to more input.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yosmen: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2021
Available
yosmen:
fangpusun 50a 12v/24v mppt charge control with display

call or WhatsApp : 0703 zero 4836 5 zero

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Polaris1: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2021
Opistorincos:

Happy Sunday. I'm looking forward to more input.
I spend a lot of time online and needed to power lights, laptop, fan and phone. Here's what I bought:
12v 150w x 2 mono panels 23x2 = 46k
Souer 1kva pure sw inverter (solar charging only) = 40k
40amps pwm charge controller = 15k
Six months old 100ah Mercury battery bought from a neighbor that was upgrading = 25k
Cables, clips and mounting = 10k
That should be 136k
I didn't add any switch, fuse or breaker.

I use 15wx2 light bulbs.
My windows 7 laptop is old school not a power guzzler.
I bought a rechargeable DC only fan (13w) and connected it directly to battery terminals =18k
I added a dual power 12v/220v (30w) lg 32" television and connected it to the same battery terminals = 55k
I sometimes use a 500w rice cooker = 6k
My bedside fridge is 70w (220v), when there is good sun, I switch it on for 1hour =30k

My battery will float charge (14.2) around 10a.m on normal days, in the evening around 5p.m it's 12.7v. After powering only the fan overnight, it will read 12.5v.
I schedule laptop work to be in the daytime, I use the phone at night
I can use the lights and fan 24/7
I can watch TV non stop while sun is up
Those prices were for February, 2021
I have been happy since.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Opistorincos(m): 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Polaris1:

I spend a lot of time online and needed to power lights, laptop, fan and phone. Here's what I bought:
12v 150w x 2 mono panels 23x2 = 46k
Souer 1kva pure sw inverter (solar charging only) = 40k
40amps pwm charge controller = 15k
Six months old 100ah Mercury battery bought from a neighbor that was upgrading = 25k
Cables, clips and mounting = 10k
That should be 136k
I didn't add any switch, fuse or breaker.

I use 15wx2 light bulbs.
My windows 7 laptop is old school not a power guzzler.
I bought a rechargeable DC only fan (13w) and connected it directly to battery terminals =18k
I added a dual power 12v/220v (30w) lg 32" television and connected it to the same battery terminals = 55k
I sometimes use a 500w rice cooker = 6k
My bedside fridge is 70w (220v), when there is good sun, I switch it on for 1hour =30k

My battery will float charge (14.2) around 10a.m on normal days, in the evening around 5p.m it's 12.7v. After powering only the fan overnight, it will read 12.5v.
I schedule laptop work to be in the daytime, I use the phone at night
I can use the lights and fan 24/7
I can watch TV non stop while sun is up
Those prices were for February, 2021
I have been happy since.

God will bless you abundantly for this breakdown. I really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
hiidee:

Pls, can I have contact of your installer

Sure why not. The guy installs generally everything including solar, wiring of inverter system and all . Best of all the guy is humble, zero9063646561.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
You have managed your setup quite very well wink

BTW your battery just enters absorption at said time and on days where you didn't use so much power from your battery, you should notice the battery resting at around 13.7V or 13.x depending on your charge controllers setting

Polaris1:

I have been happy since.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
earthrealm:

GLAD TO SEE MORE PEOPLE JUMPING ON THE LIFEPO4 BATTERY SHIP.
so with the chinese new yr over, and normalcy returned . the group buy is at advanced stages. lishen 272ah cells are limited in stock and expensive, likewise EVE cells. prices are gradually rising daily angry

so we are considering CATL cells,
1. 310ah is 88usd
2. 271 ah is 77 usd

seafreight 80 to 120days, pickup in lagos warehouse.
skyhigh0455 at yahoo dot com . send your request and contact nos there, so we add you to the whatsapp/telegram group for the group buy.and work out the finer details involved in the purchase.

so we are about wrapping up this group buy, , i am impressed by the turnout, we have about 140 cells being demanded for, our target is 190 cells, so now is the time for interested folk to join.. options are available for people who dont want to pay full money

So the last group buy before the year ends.
Similar terms as the last groupbuy of february.
Send mail to indicate interest and be added to the telegram group buy channel. Prices are a bit higher now..85 to 92usd per cell. Eves/Rept.
Seafreight 3 to 5months---- naija ports are congested, we waited 1 extra months cos of this the last groupbuy

Skyhigh0455 at yahoo dot com . send your request
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
obimind:

The future is now Sir. I am a living testimony that Lifepo4 is the sure way to go. I ventured into using inverter since 2013 though I added solar panels to my set up in 2015. I must confess that my major challenge all these years have been the early failure of my LA batteries. At a time I decided never to buy new batteries from Alaba bcus they don't exceed six months of usage before they pack up. I decided to start buying fairly used batteries that were put for auction by banks which never helped either but at least served slightly longer than the brand new deep cycle LA batteries. My turnaround in Renewable materialised when I reached out to EFURO who gave me a link to a guy who have been in this forum but on the quiet side. He is based in Lokoja (Kogi) state. His core is assembling and coupling of Lithium Ion and Lipo4 cells. To cut the long story short I was able to reach him on phone and we talked at length. After explaining my plights to him he assured me that if I can take a bold step by going lithium my story will change for the better. At first I thought it was just the usual market strategy which we Nigerians are used to but after due consultations with another guy that strictly sells lithium cells in Kano his name on this forum is (Tetralogyfallot) he sells lithium cells but does not build he still referred me to the Lokoja guy. That gave me the confidence to have a firm deal with him. All these are history right now bcus as I speak he was able to build a lifepo4 bank of 6,000 watts for me. Its been two months now since I started using that battery and I must confess that my experience at the performance of that battery has been amazing. I must emphasise that owing to the high cost of brand new lifepo4 cells I was not able to go for such. He rather coupled a grade B cells for me and attached a reliable BMS to it, but to my amazement that battery is performing way above my expectation. When he did a capacity test before sending the battery to my location I discovered that he was able to pull over 400 watts continiously for over 10 hours without the battery shuting down. He attached a battery meter to the battery which helped me and is still helping me to monitor the battery without stress.
This is very good! Reliable local assembly is what we've been looking forward to for so long. Kaduna. Jos. Now Lokoja.

I have client whom used Luminous VRLA for over 4 years with routine 50% or higher DoD. Prompt recharge though. Batteries are still in service but for 20% DoD over the past 2 years. That'll be 6 years altogether by December. Of course that's an aberration. Even I wouldn't use it as a benchmark. My own initial Trojan bank made 4 years easy but by being babysat more than a human baby.

I have LiFePO4 from 2010 which are still alive as we speak. Occasional returned to storage then intensive use again but they've been in active use no fewer than 5 years. I'm currently using 450AH 48V nominal of BYD LiFePO4. The performance is at great. The minimal voltage sag even under heavy discharge (I cannot exceed 100A discharge due to inverter limitations) is no less impressive. And even as GeorgeD1 has touted, it's the path to the future. Until it is usurped.

I still maintain my indispensable VRLA bank for abuse and stuff I wouldn't dare with the LiFePO4 for fear of having a cardiac arrest before dawn.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
ojeysky:

The smile was mutual as I read through your post, especially when you term sharing lithium experience as glorification above other chemistries when people were very specific about LA. How a good LA will have any advantage over a good littium remains what I am yet to hear. Today my peak discharge was over 120A and charge over 100A on a 510AH battery bank, can you even do that with LA of same capacity without the voltage sagging below lvd.

However everyone to his own poison/food.
Peak discharge of about 130A at 52.7V translates to about 6.8kW. Is this your 8kW Deye at work?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 10:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
Needed:
- a minimum of 5kVA hybrid PSW inverter with dual input of at least 350V per string. New or used.
- used 5kVA to 10kVA Victron inverters

Kindly reach me on O8O239O23O5 (calls/WhatsApp). Or drop your details here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Saipro:

Peak discharge of about 130A at 52.7V translates to about 6.8kW. Is this your 8kW Deye at work?

Yes it is though it will be at 48v for actual load. The 52.7v you see on the image is the battery voltage when the screenshot was taken(inverter was discharging at 26+A at that time)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:10am On Nov 15, 2021
In need of a good brand new 180 watts monocrystalline panel for a small setup for a neighbour. Can any of our vendors here supply this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Daboomb: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2021
ewizard1:

That's the term for it.

It used its first life in a previous product before it was extracted and used for a Solar energy application.

Like the "Second Phase of Life"

Good one from you there.
So, without the 'deception' of semantics, these "Second Life" Lithium batteries are USED, Second-Hand Batteries. Full Stop.

Now, if that is the case, my questions are: How do you guarantee or confirm the amount of Cycles left inside it, bearing in mind that the only reason we go for LiPo4 Cell batteries are because of its reputed 5000+ Cycles?

How do you TEST, that a Buyer is not being given a Used, second-life Cells, for the price of a New Ones, if a buyer requires New, grade A battery Cells.

It could well be that such Cells in a battery are closer to their "End of Life", than a "Second Life", without the new owner being aware, yet having paid top money for them!

I know you are a seller and l should not be asking you a question like that but l have the feeling you are a honest person and will always speak the truth.

Other Experienced/Expert/DIY RE proponents should please weigh-in on my question.
George_D
Ojeysky
Niyi
Trippledot
Valto
Earthrealm
Olopan
Ceaser
Dam5reey
McTrinity
And others whose name l cant remember now.
G

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2021
Daboomb:

Good one from you there.
So, without the 'deception' of semantics, these "Second Life" Lithium batteries are USED, Second-Hand Batteries. Full Stop.

Now, if that is the case, my questions are: How do you guarantee or confirm the amount of Cycles left inside it, bearing in mind that the only reason we go for LiPo4 Cell batteries are because of its reputed 5000+ Cycles?

How do you TEST, that a Buyer is not being given a Used, second-life Cells, for the price of a New Ones, if a buyer requires New, grade A battery Cells.

It could well be that such Cells in a battery are closer to their "End of Life, than a "Second Life", without the new owner being aware, yet having paid top money for them!

I know you are a seller and l should not be asking you a question like that but l have the feeling you are a honest person and will always speak the truth.

Other Experienced/Expert/DIY RE proponents should please weigh-in on my question.
George_D
Ojeysky
Niyi
Trippledot
Valto
Earthrealm
Olopan
Ceaser
Dam5reey
McTrinity
G

Never in the world of falacies have I seen one written with so much confidence.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:19am On Nov 15, 2021
Daboomb:

Good one from you there.

It could well be that such Cells in a battery are closer to their "End of Life", than a "Second Life", without the new owner being aware, yet having paid top money for them!

George_D
Ojeysky
Niyi
Trippledot
Valto
Earthrealm
Olopan
Ceaser
Dam5reey
McTrinity
G

Cycle life is one thing, the performance one of the major other reason and remember that typical lifepo4 will still have 80% capacity after it's first cycle round. I have no comment on that particular second Life cells as it all depends on the usage of the initial user.... Some may still be in their initial cycle round sold as used. I have sold my used lifepo4 battery bank before with just about 200 to 300 cycles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) ... (1688) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: prestige2013, alosbaba007(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.